Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

chulu2810

Reaction score
My 27k ask me pay a token sum cause cross over 2019.
I say left 60 n he hungry for it also.
Jia luc...

happy new year everyone. I hope 2019 will be better.

Stop paying them and ignore all their msg and call. Start afresh for 2019

Super lost

Reaction score
Hi,
Please advise what should I do to stop all this , due to some reason I start to tawk loan from LS and now I really cant breath .. everyday is thinking how to find money to pay them .. I really very tried... I wanted to make police report but I worry that after I make the report I might lost my job as my a contractor in police departments...and aslo if I ignore the LS worry that they will call my offcie and create trouble... I really dunno how .. anyone pls advise me what should I do ...

Super lost

Reaction score
To those who have PM-ed me, apologies i cant reply as my post count is less than 10. Anw this is my reply (you know who you are):

Basically they did come up and write those O$P$ but that was before i installed a CCTV. Thereafter, no such acts from them and im not trying to scare u here but they also did come up to my place and set fire. All these were before the cctv was installed, and guess what those runners were immediately caught.

What i wanna tell u here is:

1) dont worry abt the harrassment, i think now that the news are so rampant about people getting caught after these stupid acts, no one will dare to help them anymore. (i know its easier said than done). However, this was a path we choose to take / have unintentionally taken, so we just have to face it. Most importantly like what i mention in my thread, confide all these in ur family, get their moral and emotional support. If you have difficulty doing so i.e. afraid that your family wont give u at least a very simple support, u can always go through a social service to help u on this. They will go up your place and be the mediator betw u and your loved ones, quite useful in my opinion.

2) Just block off all of them and report to the police. They will increase their patrol ard your area as well. Rmb never to borrow from one LS again to pay off another LS. Immediately, i mean now, block off their whatsapp and also block off private number call. Do it now, u will feel better.

3) next step is to inform your superior. U dun hve to tell him the full truth, can just leave the reason as being scammed (to keep ur status in ur company) thinking that they are licensed lenders. Why do i ask u to do so is so that if, i mean if, they call up ur company, at least they know they just have to ignore their calls or msg. Get them to play along with u. At least if one day they call, ur superior wont ask u more and that wont put ur stability in the job in jeopardy

To end off, i think most importantly is to confide this problem in your family. U need their support - emotionally and morally. If u experience anymore encounters of any kind pls pm me again. Applogies for the late reply as i was new and did not realise that i have got new PMs.

Cheers

Hi.. the social services u mention how should I look for it ... I need help ...

Makminah

Reaction score
Hi,
Please advise what should I do to stop all this , due to some reason I start to tawk loan from LS and now I really cant breath .. everyday is thinking how to find money to pay them .. I really very tried... I wanted to make police report but I worry that after I make the report I might lost my job as my a contractor in police departments...and aslo if I ignore the LS worry that they will call my offcie and create trouble... I really dunno how .. anyone pls advise me what should I do ...

Hi Super Lost.
First of all breath in and stay calm. You really need to be mentally strong to go through all this.

1. STOP PAYING THEM ALREADY. ( if you continue to pay them, you might be suspected as ab accomplice working with the LS)

2. Report to the police. Dont be afraid, you're a victime here and you need to remember we are all humans. We all make mistakes. Learn from it.

3. Close your bank account if you feel its neccessary. (This will help to prevent the LS to transfer you more $$ unknowingly)

4. Cut all forms of communications with the LS. Block their numbers from your hp and NOK of hp. Change your number if you need to.

5. Come clean with everyone. If you dont want to say you take loan, just say you lost your IC and got scammed with the LS. You need your NOK and colleagues on your side if the LS ever try to contact them.

6. Install CCTV if its gonna give you a peace of mind. ( No assurance that thise runners wont come up though but hopefully it will deter them from proceeding once they saw the CCTV. Even if they do something at least you got something concrete to report to the police)

7. Talk to someone. You will need all the emotional support to keep yourself sane. Dont keep it to yourself it will eat you up inside.

It wont be easy at first. Just need to be mentally prepared for the worst. Take that as the consequences we have to face when we choose to deal with these Assholes LS be it intentionally or unintentionally. Dont be too hard on yourself. Lose a job, you can still find another one. But continue feeding this LS, the cycle wont end. Some people here have been paying them for years. You NEED to break the cycle. Step forward and be firm to fight against them. Dont let their threats get to you. They can only say things to scare you, knowing that your fear will make you give in. They feed on our fear and also out hard earn money. I wish you all the best and good luck.

Stay safe and be strong aite. Start 2019 right be fighting off the *******u*kers. 😅😅

buzin_512

Reaction score
Hi,
How many LS did u own? And whats the amount? If one or two then I think you can table talk with them..
If more than 5 ls I think eventually they will disturb your work place so it's better to inform your boss.

funky05

Reaction score
remember..whatever it is, do not give in to them.. the moment they know you are scared, they will makan you further

Reaction score
Hi,

Welcome! You have come to the right place.

Pls see my advice - https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/117890726-post5944.html

FREEZE and don't do anything silly like SENDING THEM MORE $

PM more if clueless. Makminah has good advice too, she was in your position just 1-2 weeks ago.

Last edited:

Super lost

Reaction score
How many LS did u own? And whats the amount? If one or two then I think you can table talk with them..
If more than 5 ls I think eventually they will disturb your work place so it's better to inform your boss.

Yap is more then 5 .. but most of it I had pay them base on their deferments fee and actually had exceed the amount I loan ...

buzin_512

Reaction score
Yap is more then 5 .. but most of it I had pay them base on their deferments fee and actually had exceed the amount I loan ...

They don't care whether the interest amount is more than principal or not..just tell them you don't have any more money and ignore them first. They will sure talk nicely to you.whats your plan?

Salim Mamin

Reaction score
Hi Super Lost.
First of all breath in and stay calm. You really need to be mentally strong to go through all this.

1. STOP PAYING THEM ALREADY. ( if you continue to pay them, you might be suspected as ab accomplice working with the LS)

2. Report to the police. Dont be afraid, you're a victime here and you need to remember we are all humans. We all make mistakes. Learn from it.

3. Close your bank account if you feel its neccessary. (This will help to prevent the LS to transfer you more $$ unknowingly)

4. Cut all forms of communications with the LS. Block their numbers from your hp and NOK of hp. Change your number if you need to.

5. Come clean with everyone. If you dont want to say you take loan, just say you lost your IC and got scammed with the LS. You need your NOK and colleagues on your side if the LS ever try to contact them.

6. Install CCTV if its gonna give you a peace of mind. ( No assurance that thise runners wont come up though but hopefully it will deter them from proceeding once they saw the CCTV. Even if they do something at least you got something concrete to report to the police)

7. Talk to someone. You will need all the emotional support to keep yourself sane. Dont keep it to yourself it will eat you up inside.

It wont be easy at first. Just need to be mentally prepared for the worst. Take that as the consequences we have to face when we choose to deal with these Assholes LS be it intentionally or unintentionally. Dont be too hard on yourself. Lose a job, you can still find another one. But continue feeding this LS, the cycle wont end. Some people here have been paying them for years. You NEED to break the cycle. Step forward and be firm to fight against them. Dont let their threats get to you. They can only say things to scare you, knowing that your fear will make you give in. They feed on our fear and also out hard earn money. I wish you all the best and good luck.

Stay safe and be strong aite. Start 2019 right be fighting off the *******u*kers. 😅😅

Hi I have a similar situation with the UML rite now..can advise me on how to solve it..
Thnx

Jfs111

Reaction score

So far I had stopped paying them since I left my job. I changed numbers and supposed to be i need to pay end of december and no one has disturbed me so far. Time to move on yo the next chapter and that is to never reply yo any loan offers

Drew1133

Reaction score
Hi, recently I took a loan from LS due to my foolishness and rashness.
I took a 800 loan. Due date was 2 days ago but they ask me to defer bcos they cant find the clear acct. And I paid the deferment fee of $300. Now the boss ask me to take up another loan then he can find the clear acct for me to clear all at one go. What shld I do? If I ignore him, will I be harassed? He don't allow me to clear acct.

chulu2810

Reaction score

Fear Less

Reaction score
We all wish you good luck away from the bloodsuckers.

Open a new chapter in life and move on bro.

Just before you is Drew , a new blood for the vampire.
Drew, read the arrears and you find all the answers.

So far I had stopped paying them since I left my job. I changed numbers and supposed to be i need to pay end of december and no one has disturbed me so far. Time to move on yo the next chapter and that is to never reply yo any loan offers

Drew1133

Reaction score
I have read the arrears. But I ain't sure if I ignore them now without paying the agreed amt previously, will they come disturb me or anything? I took from 2 LS. 1 LS I alrdy paid fully before due date. So far so good. Second one headache. Keep ask me take new loan support him and say can clear all amt next week tght. So Idk shld I ignore or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.