Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super lost

Reaction score
Exactly that's how they work. From one victim to another. If they don't give you account, sometimes its because they also can't find accounts to transfer to cause no victim. Once account has been tagged as suspicious for money laundering, it is dead to them.

One of their main tactic is pressuring you to make the transfer asap if not this penalty or that action will fall on you.

DO NOT FALL for it. Once your account has been tagged that you have passed money to a criminal account, you could be BARRED from having an account for the REST OF YOUR LIFE.

Wake up Brothers and Sisters. Do not be afraid. We will bring down these evil scammers. Who keen to help? PM me. Who is Clueless? PM me.
I can help

Drew1133

Reaction score
They purposely want to earn more.
Always the reason is "ohh cannot clear leh bro no ac to give u to transfer big amount. Help me defer this time next time can clear"

Wow. I get the exact words and reply like you said here. Are they loan shark scammer? Anw I paid the first deferment fee, and tdy is supposed to be my due date, they still ask for deferment fee. I didn't transfer them anymore. Not sure what they'll do, but I think transferring them more won't solve the problem also.

Messup

Reaction score
I just got into a loan scam. Was told to make upfront payment but no loan disbursed. I stopped and blocked them but they kept harassing me with threats. Anyone got the same encounters. Now they said I have unsettled loans. I just wondered how I ended up with unsettled loans when I did not get anything out of it. Now they threaten me.

You had transferred money to them for their whatever admin, processing and blah blah blah fees before they can disperse the “loan” to you?

Was it a lot?

When was it and now they still haunting you?

Messup

Reaction score
Hi David. I ever encounter before. Wanted to take a loan but was told to pay upfront and this and that. I paid, thinking i will get my $$. I told them I will make a police report cause after paying no $$ was transferred. The next day his 'boss' called me demanding an apology fee of $2k for threatening him and his company cause I wanted to make a report. I went on to make a police report and my hp was bombarded with images of burning house and all others that comes with it. They called my house and harrass my mother, they called my workplace and harrass them. They say they want to make my life miserable but nothing happened. I do not owe them anything, I didnt get anything from them infact I was the one paying them. It has been more than a month since this happened. They seems legitimate, very professional,good command of english, even has their own website. And because I found them on google didnt think much of digging more on the company. If only I found this thread afew months ago, i will not be in this mess right now.

Make a police report, based on what I experienced, they wont do anything cause you dont owe them anything. Just be firm and dont give in.

What they say to your NOK and office and for how long?

Davidfool

Reaction score
You had transferred money to them for their whatever admin, processing and blah blah blah fees before they can disperse the “loan” to you?

Was it a lot?

When was it and now they still haunting you?

Initially they asked for first payment. Claimed loan will be disbursed after payment made with 30 mins. Then came back to say need insurance fee. Already made a sum for first payment. So paid. Stupid me. Then came back to say need processing fee. Made payment. More stupid. No money received. Then claimed the acct did not tally. Need more money. Told them no more money they even advised to borrow from friends.

Realised being scammed. So decided to close this chapter. Paid almost 1k. But they claimed acct outstanding and needed me to follow up. Harassed me Today. My encounter with them was yesterday.

Today Sent me a photo of my ic with o$p$ which I did not owe any money to them. They even have my neighbour names and showed a pic of WhatsApp message to his runner to print 300 A4 pages to distribute tonight. I blocked all their numbers and reported to police already. Police told me loan scam.

U encountered similar case?

Messup

Reaction score
Initially they asked for first payment. Claimed loan will be disbursed after payment made with 30 mins. Then came back to say need insurance fee. Already made a sum for first payment. So paid. Stupid me. Then came back to say need processing fee. Made payment. More stupid. No money received. Then claimed the acct did not tally. Need more money. Told them no more money they even advised to borrow from friends.

Realised being scammed. So decided to close this chapter. Paid almost 1k. But they claimed acct outstanding and needed me to follow up. Harassed me Today. My encounter with them was yesterday.

Today Sent me a photo of my ic with o$p$ which I did not owe any money to them. They even have my neighbour names and showed a pic of WhatsApp message to his runner to print 300 A4 pages to distribute tonight. I blocked all their numbers and reported to police already. Police told me loan scam.

Quite similar but terminology is different.

Did u tell them that you don’t want to loan anymore? If yes, should have some stupid penalty fees.

Yes, I agree with you, STUPID is the word for us to even contact them.

So what did the police advise you to do? Did you give them your account and if yes, did you close this account?

Fear Less

Reaction score
David
Inform your nok and workplace after report police. Have a cctv for additional protection( scam case not really needed)

Remember inform your nok to IGNORE their threats. DONT READ THEIR SMSES

.QUOTE=Davidfool;118478096]Initially they asked for first payment. Claimed loan will be disbursed after payment made with 30 mins. Then came back to say need insurance fee. Already made a sum for first payment. So paid. Stupid me. Then came back to say need processing fee. Made payment. More stupid. No money received. Then claimed the acct did not tally. Need more money. Told them no more money they even advised to borrow from friends.

U encountered similar case?[/QUOTE]

Davidfool

Reaction score
Quite similar but terminology is different.

Did u tell them that you don’t want to loan anymore? If yes, should have some stupid penalty fees.

Yes, I agree with you, STUPID is the word for us to even contact them.

So what did the police advise you to do? Did you give them your account and if yes, did you close this account?

I told them I don't want the loan anymore and return what I have paid. Of course I was dreaming. They will not return.

They told me my loan still in processing state must follow up. And they claimed they sent my details to the debt recovery for follow up and I received all the harassing messages. Comes with pictures and neighbour details.

Police advise block all messages. Monitor your account no unknown money comes in. Report immediately if so.

Can elaborate on your case?

Last edited:

Davidfool

Reaction score
David
Inform your nok and workplace after report police. Have a cctv for additional protection( scam case not really needed)

Remember inform your nok to IGNORE their threats. DONT READ THEIR SMSES

.QUOTE=Davidfool;118478096]Initially they asked for first payment. Claimed loan will be disbursed after payment made with 30 mins. Then came back to say need insurance fee. Already made a sum for first payment. So paid. Stupid me. Then came back to say need processing fee. Made payment. More stupid. No money received. Then claimed the acct did not tally. Need more money. Told them no more money they even advised to borrow from friends.

[/QUOTE]
Thank you fearless. Never expected to be threatened to live in fear. And the scam approved the loan without a lot of details. How stupid am I to be fooled. I just wonder what they will do to me. They sent WhatsApp with beautiful picture of house being splashed paints and my ic with the word O$P$.

Messup

Reaction score
I told them I don't want the loan anymore and return what I have paid. Of course I was dreaming. They will not return.

They told me my loan still in processing state must follow up. And they claimed they sent my details to the debt recovery for follow up and I received all the harassing messages. Comes with pictures and neighbour details.

Can elaborate on your case?

My current state is I told them to cancel my loan and they imposed a penalty fee. Which I said ok cos the penalty fee is less than half of what I had transferred them.

Now see what they come up with on the agreed date of refund. I know I will never get back my $ but it’s the words they twist (prata) is out of this world and if they even have the cheek to contact me.

Last edited:

Davidfool

Reaction score
My current state is I told them to cancel my loan and they imposed a penalty fee. Which I said ok cos the penalty fee is less than half of what I had transferred them.

Now see what they come up with on the date of refund. I know I will never get back my $ but it’s the words they twist (prata) is out of this world.

I am sure they will ask you for more money claiming issues with closing the account. You ignore them they continue to harass you. Then they will refer you to the debt collection dept just like mine. They are very professional scammers. I would like to PM u but I have not reached 10 posts yet.

Messup

Reaction score
Thank you fearless. Never expected to be threatened to live in fear. And the scam approved the loan without a lot of details. How stupid am I to be fooled. I just wonder what they will do to me. They sent WhatsApp with beautiful picture of house being splashed paints and my ic with the word O$P$.[/QUOTE]

Like what others had advised, report police (which you did) and those that you had given contacts to them.

Let them be prepared first. I know it’s not easy and it’s will make us feel ashamed to inform them but trust me, it feels a lot better when you had informed them or prepared them prior to these scammers contacting them.

Messup

Reaction score
I am sure they will ask you for more money claiming issues with closing the account. You ignore them they continue to harass you. Then they will refer you to the debt collection dept just like mine. They are very professional scammers. I would like to PM u but I have not reached 10 posts yet.

Keep replying and you will be able to do so

Davidfool

Reaction score
Thank you fearless. Never expected to be threatened to live in fear. And the scam approved the loan without a lot of details. How stupid am I to be fooled. I just wonder what they will do to me. They sent WhatsApp with beautiful picture of house being splashed paints and my ic with the word O$P$.

Like what others had advised, report police (which you did) and those that you had given contacts to them.

Let them be prepared first. I know it’s not easy and it’s will make us feel ashamed to inform them but trust me, it feels a lot better when you had informed them or prepared them prior to these scammers contacting them.[/QUOTE]

Thank you fearless. Yes really feel ashamed. Such an adult falls into this trick. Sigh. Stupid me!

matrix25

Reaction score
Wow. I get the exact words and reply like you said here. Are they loan shark scammer? Anw I paid the first deferment fee, and tdy is supposed to be my due date, they still ask for deferment fee. I didn't transfer them anymore. Not sure what they'll do, but I think transferring them more won't solve the problem also.
Ya they want more money even if u want to close. What i did was tell them i dont want to defer i want to close if they say cannot den ask them f.o

Makminah

Reaction score
What they say to your NOK and office and for how long?

They demand the $2k apology fee. They throw all sorts of vulgarities to my mum and workplace. Even say want to come burn down my workplace to my superior. It went on for about 2 days only for this case. So its already been more than a month since they last contact me and thank god nothing happened. They still dare to ask me for $$. When they are the ones who owe me $$. To think of it, I should have send them the O$P$ last time. 😂

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.