HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2018, 12:36 PM   #5056

Thanks for reply and concerned. My due date is 3 more days to go. Some of my friends told me better I pay back the money $700 + $400 interest to them at least less worry . Then immediately send the photo of the receipt to them the I have clear the money. Then change number and close the account number . And tell my boss and NOK that is the happening. Then the important is put the CCtV outside the house . What do you think it really can helpful? Really stress.
I think u should close ur account first...then u use cash deposit machine to transfer them...my bank account takes one week to close cos I used it before that....then u clear already just change ur number. And install cctv. Hang in there
Old 11-10-2018, 12:59 PM   #5057

I think u should close ur account first...then u use cash deposit machine to transfer them...my bank account takes one week to close cos I used it before that....then u clear already just change ur number. And install cctv. Hang in there
I closed and open a new one immediately , i went to bank counter and show them the report. Then setup other giros myself again ..

Singpass and many things need manually change
Old 11-10-2018, 01:38 PM   #5058
Master Member

Nasha, don’t go to Facebook anti loanshark Singapore. They are more of scam than helping. They would ask you to pay a certain amount in order for them to help you. But here, all the advices are free and people who really been through all the harassment.

Now you need to get your NOK support. What’s done cannot be undone. All you need is a clear mind to do the next step. Sleep and rest whenever possible. But get a cctv first as you will be able to fend off the runners if they send.

I think I might talk to my sister in law first and she might be able to at least talk to my mother and father in law or change their number cause it’s all under her.
I read this forum from page 1 to here. On the first few page there’s a Facebook page called Anti Loan Shark SG. I did contact them but they asked for 250 for one UML and ask to hold my phone for 30 days. I cannot pass my phone since it’s work related so I didn’t contact them again.
Today I went to BGSS. The counselor told me I should just return what I take. Not the amount that they said and ignore them completely. The others person told me that I should just ignore them and not pay at all since it won’t be ending.
Like you said the only problem for me now is my husband. I don’t know how to tell him. I might just tell him that I get scammed but don’t know he will buy the story since I do have money problem he might just think it’s a lie.
I’ve been awake at 4 am, cannot sleep, cannot concentrated with work because of my stupidity.

Anyway, really thanks for this forum. At least I know i’m not alone.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:41 PM   #5059
Master Member

It really will help if you install cctv. My buddy got his door splashed last month and within 2 weeks, the police captured the runner due to the help of cctv.

No point paying the AL at all. They won’t stop. By paying them, they will think you are scared of them. And easy target. So you don’t need to be afraid of them. Look at where all these people experienced before and now they are all having a better life than having sucked by AL.

Thanks for reply and concerned. My due date is 3 more days to go. Some of my friends told me better I pay back the money $700 + $400 interest to them at least less worry . Then immediately send the photo of the receipt to them the I have clear the money. Then change number and close the account number . And tell my boss and NOK that is the happening. Then the important is put the CCtV outside the house . What do you think it really can helpful? Really stress.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:46 PM   #5060
Supremacy Member

I need your advise, after I settle to AL that we agreed after 5 days i need return back money to him. Is he still bother to come my place or or my work place? Cos I want to change my number, and close to my account. I donít want to give and give money until I bankrupt. Only one time . He transferred money $700 without my confirmation and asked me donít use first money cos after 5 days I return $1,100 I just want to return the amount what he said so that no more obligation. Itís a nightmare and canít sleep well. The money sleep on my account in 5 days time earn $400???.

Sorry to say, u have fallen into the trap... it's a sticky situation now
Old 11-10-2018, 01:46 PM   #5061

I went to police and advised me to give the money to the bank . Unathorize person which is I don’t know who’s the person transferred money. And then police helped me to blocked the person his contact number . And no need to entertain anymore cos once I make transfer money they asked some more so, police said no need. Better change account number , phone number and face the problem with family specially NOK. I’m still worried for the next happend to me and my family and colleague . I already have a number for Invistigation officers whatever happen call them straight . Still blurred cos I don’t know what to do.

Last edited by Babes888; 11-10-2018 at 01:49 PM..
Old 11-10-2018, 01:52 PM   #5062

ROM, counsellor and help group

Hi guys, my brother went to get involved with a UML on whatsapp. We repaid $750 5 days after he loaned $500, I got the guy to send me evidence yesterday and he did. But today they are getting another guy to harass my father saying that his son (my brother) owe them $800. I texted the guy and asked for evidence, he said will call me later but there is no evidence as of now.

I am speculating that these started after my brother went to those shop front ML (UML in disguise?) for loans (total of 3) found out by buying his credit report from the credit bureau. And also the need for more money was due to him befriending a girl on some dating app, saw his transactions that he was sending her several thousands.

Saw some of the posts here that we should call ROM, what does ROM stand for?

Also, would greatly appreciate if you guys could introduce some counsellor or help groups for my brother.

Experiencing this firsthand, I also want play my part in making these unethical *******s out of business.

Thank you.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:57 PM   #5063
Master Member

No need to be blur now. For now, just brace yourself and no need to be afraid of those AL. You need your family support. Now you need to do the following :

1. Get a cctv install
2. Change your phone number
3. Inform NOK and work
4. Close your bank account
5. Set your social media accounts all to private or deactivate them.

I went to police and advised me to give the money to the bank . Unathorize person which is I don’t know who’s the person transferred money. And then police helped me to blocked the person his contact number . And no need to entertain anymore cos once I make transfer money they asked some more so, police said no need. Better change account number , phone number and face the problem with family specially NOK. I’m still worried for the next happend to me and my family and colleague . I already have a number for Invistigation officers whatever happen call them straight . Still blurred cos I don’t know what to do.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:58 PM   #5064

To everyone taking ur first steps now..
1. U are feeling guilty. Thats norm cause we always return what we owe.

2. U r worried ur family gets harassed and u will trouble them to go thru ur mistakes.

3. U think of paying n just close case.

Everyone also same.. My IO also tell me its human nature because we r not out to scam al.

I didnt listen to IO at first. I went to borrow frm a friend to clear 5 digit debts. But, its never ending...

End of the day, u are just shifting from one hole to another hole. U will always be debted.

Remind urself, u were not that bad before borrowing from them.

Confirm kena black face frm family.nvm,just tahan and it will be ok in mths time.

I put to a stop when i was asked to assist in an investigation because someone like u trf money to me because i took a loan. Indirectly, i become a suspect and got myself into a lot of inconvenience.

I woke up when the io told me..
1. U pay them now, u r just paying for ur own paint.
2. U think u havent paid enuff, in fact they prob used ur money paid to earn more than what u had owe.
3. Squeezing the max out of u to gain capital to loan to more pple n earn more profits. (it also mean that we r funding their illegal biz)

The fact that when we recd money, crime is committed. Borrowing is not a crime but we give him an acct to trf his biz funds to us (dirty become clean money) is alr an offence.

I paid them stupidly n now i have to bear the consequences of borrowing frm them. I feel so not worth it.

They prob earned back what i owe by lending my interest to others alr. So no need feel guilty.

Next, let them splash. No malu. Pple asked, u say some neighbors owe AL n anyhow put u as guarantor. U start now, u end this drama early. U drag longer to start, the later u get this sorted
Old 11-10-2018, 02:00 PM   #5065
Master Member

ROM means registry of moneylenders

You all shouldn’t entertain those UML at all. They are always full of lame excuses just to make you pay more. You can help by telling your brother and father not to fear them and fark them off over the phone.

Install cctv and change hp numbers. Those UML will run out of runners to do their jobs now that police are catching all the runners.

Hi guys, my brother went to get involved with a UML on whatsapp. We repaid $750 5 days after he loaned $500, I got the guy to send me evidence yesterday and he did. But today they are getting another guy to harass my father saying that his son (my brother) owe them $800. I texted the guy and asked for evidence, he said will call me later but there is no evidence as of now.

I am speculating that these started after my brother went to those shop front ML (UML in disguise?) for loans (total of 3) found out by buying his credit report from the credit bureau. And also the need for more money was due to him befriending a girl on some dating app, saw his transactions that he was sending her several thousands.

Also, would greatly appreciate if you guys could introduce some counsellor or help groups for my brother.

Experiencing this firsthand, I also want play my part in making these unethical *******s out of business.

Thank you.
Old 11-10-2018, 02:53 PM   #5066

@Jamie thanks for reply
Old 11-10-2018, 03:12 PM   #5067
Master Member

Don’t be lost. You have us here. You are not alone. Just that you need to brace yourself.

@Jamie thanks for reply
Old 11-10-2018, 03:38 PM   #5068

Thank you.
ROM registry of moneylenders
Blessed Grace aka bgss
Report love scam and uml scam to police

Block calls n msgs. U reply them, they will suck u dry.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:43 PM   #5069

Before u pay them...
Ask urself..

What other legal bills u have to pay to give ur family a better life?

1. PUB bill?
2. School fees?
3. Telco bills?

Pay all these better than uml.

Give ur fam a better life.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:20 PM   #5070

Now the first UML just contacted me again to asking for late payment 500 that I didnít give on Monday. I told them that I donít have now and ask for full settlement next week but they didnít give me the amount.
I know you guys are keep telling donít give them but I just think I need to talk to them first until I settle with NOK
FYI...talk to them really no use one...they later say Okok when u pay they come pattern already... we all walk before the same path...come upfront with ur NOK is the Top priority now....
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.