HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2018, 04:32 PM   #5071

Before u pay them...
Ask urself..

What other legal bills u have to pay to give ur family a better life?

1. PUB bill?
2. School fees?
3. Telco bills?

Pay all these better than uml.

Give ur fam a better life.
Yes..u those bloodsucker they will nite time go KTV and enjoy...
Jjlin1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:34 PM   #5072

Hi guys, my brother went to get involved with a UML on whatsapp. We repaid $750 5 days after he loaned $500, I got the guy to send me evidence yesterday and he did. But today they are getting another guy to harass my father saying that his son (my brother) owe them $800. I texted the guy and asked for evidence, he said will call me later but there is no evidence as of now.

I am speculating that these started after my brother went to those shop front ML (UML in disguise?) for loans (total of 3) found out by buying his credit report from the credit bureau. And also the need for more money was due to him befriending a girl on some dating app, saw his transactions that he was sending her several thousands.

Saw some of the posts here that we should call ROM, what does ROM stand for?

Also, would greatly appreciate if you guys could introduce some counsellor or help groups for my brother.

Experiencing this firsthand, I also want play my part in making these unethical *******s out of business.

Thank you.
Wah Ur brother hero borrow from uml to spend on Siam bu....
Jjlin1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 05:04 PM   #5073
Arch-Supremacy Member

If i understand correctly, it is the uml that you are having problems with, not the lml. In that case, rom and the help group wont be able to do much except to ask you to ignore the calls. Spf is the one you shld turn to

Hi guys, my brother went to get involved with a UML on whatsapp. We repaid $750 5 days after he loaned $500, I got the guy to send me evidence yesterday and he did. But today they are getting another guy to harass my father saying that his son (my brother) owe them $800. I texted the guy and asked for evidence, he said will call me later but there is no evidence as of now.

I am speculating that these started after my brother went to those shop front ML (UML in disguise?) for loans (total of 3) found out by buying his credit report from the credit bureau. And also the need for more money was due to him befriending a girl on some dating app, saw his transactions that he was sending her several thousands.

Saw some of the posts here that we should call ROM, what does ROM stand for?

Also, would greatly appreciate if you guys could introduce some counsellor or help groups for my brother.

Experiencing this firsthand, I also want play my part in making these unethical *******s out of business.

Thank you.
kleong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 05:22 PM   #5074

ROM to check whether your bro is married to the girl? hehe
proddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:04 PM   #5075

Thank you everyone for support.
Checkliist

Police report - done
CCTV - ordered will collect on Sat
Close acc - not yet
Change number- cannot, work related
Block UML - not yet since I donít want them to start harass yet before I tell NOK
Inform office - plan to do next week when boss is back
Inform NOK - most difficult part for me - still need to find the way. Might just tell them that I got scammed.

Last edited by Nasha123; 12-10-2018 at 02:52 PM..
Nasha123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 06:08 PM   #5076

Checkliist

Police report - done
Close acc - not yet
Block UML - not yet since I donít want them to start harass yet before I tell NOK
Inform NOK - most difficult part for me - still need to find the way. Might just tell them that I got scammed.

The only worry is, I will be in AUS by the end of this month for work so Iím afraid that my house might not be safe since only my maid, my son and my father in law stay there (he has stroke). My husband is working overseas and only come back on weekend.
Ur checklist u can do and save it on ur notes...please donít provide sensitive details over here since itís a public space....u think they will wait for ur boss to come back then start harassing...? U have to let him know first.....how Long can u hold them off...? NOK is always the hardest but they deserve the truth since things already happened and we got them involved unwillingly too....but we all did it so can you....all the best and hang in there...
Plzhalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:27 PM   #5077

Ur checklist u can do and save it on ur notes...please donít provide sensitive details over here since itís a public space....u think they will wait for ur boss to come back then start harassing...? U have to let him know first.....how Long can u hold them off...? NOK is always the hardest but they deserve the truth since things already happened and we got them involved unwillingly too....but we all did it so can you....all the best and hang in there...
If you cant change number, ignore and dont read msg or dump them.
Fear Less is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:20 PM   #5078

Honestly that one I have no courage to do... I rather change...they have too many numbers...
Plzhalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:09 PM   #5079

Checkliist

Police report - done
Close acc - not yet

The only worry is, I will be in AUS by the end of this month for work so Iím afraid that my house might not be safe since only my maid, my son and my father in law stay there (he has stroke). My husband is working overseas and only come back on weekend.
Let ur IO know to increase patrols.
Cctv monitorong. They will come during wee hours. Tell maid if kena splash,jus leave it.

Infm ur maid u got scammed. Tats what i tell my helper too. So she knws to be fierce.
BaconHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:11 PM   #5080

Best is to just tell boss n let him change the number. U tell him u recd a lot of spam calls frm this number n cannot avoid in case its legit sales call.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:12 PM   #5081

Tell nok is nv easy.
But its not as tough too.
Once nok knows.. I'm telling u.. U wont feel so scared already.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:15 PM   #5082

Guys , any action from your AL yet ? Have received a few text asking me if i want jobs lol . One even text me say to provide loan but go find him take . ROFL played along with him and he told me to go up his house get . Send me address and tell me reach take a pic of the gate and send him HAHAHA .
Thistimedieliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 09:22 PM   #5083

Guys , any action from your AL yet ? Have received a few text asking me if i want jobs lol . One even text me say to provide loan but go find him take . ROFL played along with him and he told me to go up his house get . Send me address and tell me reach take a pic of the gate and send him HAHAHA .
I heard this is the latest trick too.
One more is discount pymt but mus take pic of someone n send to him. That someone is the runaway debtor.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:29 PM   #5084

Police r trying their best to disrupt their biz. Catching runners and freezing accts so they wont have funds.

For now, we trf money for pymt dont seem to be an issue but it probably wont be for long too. Cause if law is implemented that we trf money to unknown parties or to al is a crime, it will make their biz even more disruptive.

When we started,all those posters dont seem to be eye catching.. Only kena liao, then we wake up...

Hai..
Old 11-10-2018, 09:50 PM   #5085

Why are you even in contact with them still? They will keep pestering you. Didn’t you change your number?

JamieJimmyNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.