Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blip85

Reaction score
Registry of moneylenders have the list of lml. If can find then is legit. Ask for loan documents and amount to settle. If they cant provide but still recv the money, then they will be in for some troubles with the law.

Am aware on the law on the Moneylenders and their boundaries. That's also what puzzles me.

Elle30

Reaction score
Hi may i ask how about those claiming lml from jb? Some say its dangerous to loan from them also.

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi is borrowing from UML a crime? Cos I am afraid later the police say why you not it is illegal you still lend

Borrow money is not illegal but when they xfer the money to your bank account then police can say you assist with their activities, especially so when the money is xfer by another debtor.

Raymondisadog

Reaction score
Borrow money is not illegal but when they xfer the money to your bank account then police can say you assist with their activities, especially so when the money is xfer by another debtor.

So I will be charged if I make a police report?

Fear Less

Reaction score
Hell dear. G0 approach the moneylender shop la.
Dont ask those from smses to loan money

UOTE=Elle30;118570342]Hi may i ask how about those claiming lml from jb? Some say its dangerous to loan from them also.[/QUOTE]

Fear Less

Reaction score
You are not the one in trouble.

Details not clear how to answer you.

What sign illegal document ? Can be legal if signed. Owe money pay money + interest , legal or no legal

Am aware on the law on the Moneylenders and their boundaries. That's also what puzzles me.

ToiletMaster

Reaction score
hi i would like to seek answers about legal money lender

my whole family is not on good terms with my father but he is still staying in the house thats why we wont help him with is debt as he is irresponsible and a violent drunk.

my father owes a legal money lender firm 2k and he dont want to pay them, the firm has issued a warning letter that if he dont pay up soon they will have to make legal actions against him, will that impact the whole family or will the legal actions only affect him?

sorry for the grammer.

Reaction score
Hi All, Just wanna share this to everyone. During the beginning of the month i saw an advertisment on loan thru message. So went over to click and check on my eligibility for the loan. After checking i decided not to take up the loan. Cos i find it not reliable. Afterwhich this malaysia accent guy told me cannot cos he went thru all the hassel to check and if not i have to pay an admin fee of $250. So i tot fine he is forcing me to take the loan, there was no aggrement on the admin charges.

After which i have got no choice but to take up a $300 loan from him and he mention was a daily loan so $250 was trf to me with a so call admin fee of $50 was charge. He said If i can clear by next day will be $380 if not will be $80 deferment fee. So we agreed, the next day i been txting him for an account number to pay off full payment he been delaying and telling me story and den he told me have to defer 3 times den can make full payment which i find it a bit ridiculous (all these was not mention to me upon takin up the loan) so i have got no choice. On 3/1/19 i transfer my first $80 den 4/1/19 another $80 and 5/1/19 my last $80. So on the 6/1/19 was a sunday. Same thing delay n delay n delay and told me cannot clear cos no full account. And there he goes again defer account another $80 was transfer. I been stupid on Monday i asked for an account to clear off my full payment. An account was sent and i did a bank transfer of $400 (suppose to be $380 due to some admin fee of $20) . To my horror immediately he call me and say i shld do a cash deposit, if not money he cant get. Ha..what kind of **** is this seriously. I have gt no choice i fear of all the story i heard reagarding on all this AL story. So i have to suck thumb and deal with it. Aint have gt anyone to turn to. Was so stress up aft being told $400 was not able to clear the freaking loan and he asked for another deferment fee of $80, which i transfer over.

The next day, txted this Malaysia accent guy as usual ask for bank acc. To clear off my loan. Waited from Morning till 6pm. Wasted my time my energy. Came back with another message i have gt no full account to clear. What **** is this. So i called him screw him (he just entertain me for the sake of entertaining) and den to me stupid again another $80 was trf for him to defer. Hoping that he might clear my account rhe next day. On Wednesday, same thing i ask n ask n ask for the full account number, he didnt gave me anything (i was so silly tot he got caught or something) ended up he used another number to txt me saying what kind of **** reason la whatapps gt problem la..and give me an account number to make a cash deposit of $620, when it was suppose to be only $400 for my repayment. Another $220 was added becos he told me he need to find an account when i can make a cash deposit. So i did according to a current account he provide me and sent him the receipt after which i check everything is in order deposit the money and sent him the receipt after which i blocked him.

To My horror, this afternoon i received a call from this ****er which extorted me almost $1.5k for a $250 loan and told me he didnt received the f***ing $620 which was deposit to him which the account number was provided to me by him. He told me the receipt doesnt state is a current account and all sort of reason came up frm him. I called the bank myself to check as well there will not be 1 saving and 1 current account with the same number for your infor.

He asking for proof black and white and all sort of reason came up. I told him not to ask me for more money. Account was guven by him. And he told me money was not in. How stupid this reason is. So he called my mobile since this evening asking me if i wanna settle the issue not why m i avoiding him with all his irritating voice. And after all the extortion i decided to turn to my best friend for help and we went to make a police report.

I have stop replying his message. I gave him more than what he wants. Have got bothing left for cny. I dunno what he wants he even threatened say will call my office if i dun reply. At the end of the day he only transfer me $250 and i been paying n paying is all his stupid reason like the account u transfer was a saving acc..whereby the acc number he gave me is what i transfer. Seriously i have take loan before but this is the worst i ever seen and its really tiring me out and emotionally out.
Who is there to help me? I dun dare to tell my NOK where the guy even call him i jus ask my NOK to ignore and said i dun even know him. I hope this f***er dun come over n harress my family and my work. I jus need someone to listen to me and assist me. 😔

You are putting too much info online. You might like to cut back. It's a loan scam.

Stop paying, brace for harassment.
Inform NOK, get on with life.

All info here, pm if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Dawninthedark

Reaction score
Not Paying anymore. M too tired for all this. I have paid wat i need to paid. Yet they wan more this is crazy. I hope some day they might get caught.

Last edited:

Dawninthedark

Reaction score
Hi All Just wanna share, recently i got a scam loan.

If i dun take up the loan they wanna fine an admin fee of $250. So in order not to pay more i took up a $300 loan but $250 was sent to me.
So after days of paying almost 1.5k i made a police report and inform the police that this guy has been haressing me. I jus pray that nothing will happend. And i will inform my NOK that i actually gt scam call from all this unknown people. I hope no haressment. I give them more than what the give me.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Hi All Just wanna share, recently i got a scam loan.

If i dun take up the loan they wanna fine an admin fee of $250. So in order not to pay more i took up a $300 loan but $250 was sent to me.
So after days of paying almost 1.5k i made a police report and inform the police that this guy has been haressing me. I jus pray that nothing will happend. And i will inform my NOK that i actually gt scam call from all this unknown people. I hope no haressment. I give them more than what the give me.
Don't be stupid next time just keep the money the trsf...u pay 5x for 250 trsf by them

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Not Paying anymore. M too tired for all this. I have paid wat i need to paid. Yet they wan more this is crazy. I hope some day they might get caught.
Ask them trsf u 1k take the money and change hp no..fk those scammer..they won't do anything much..just a few phone call to harass u...

Oldlady

Reaction score
Don't be stupid next time just keep the money the trsf...u pay 5x for 250 trsf by them
We are stupid bro.
But now the thing has happened, you need to prepare for harresment next with strong heart.
For my cash, I didn't pay back but I transfer back the amount they transfer and make police report.

The reason not to pay because I don't have money to pay too, I kept the money they transfer to me waiting to return even though I need to use but I don't touch (reasons is in cash if I tell the bank I has some money wrong transfer I shouldn't touch that money too) till that day they contact me and give me account so I transfer back and start to get harresment from them.

Fear and tear can't help, life have to move on, lost confidence, lost friends, just because wrong step movements. Only have to carry copy evidence and police report waiting to explain if anything happens to neighbours or friends who never know. "that is scams" and they understand or not is up to them.

Pay no use bro, they won't let go easily as we wish, the more we pay, that more pain ourselves because we no money to pay.

Who can help? You can see so many here face same problem right?
What we can do?
Make police report, you must bro, even though nothing happened yet but make police report will make you feel little better.

Change your number, close your bank account.
Don't laugh for all this advice because after you did you will moved to next step of war with them, that better than you stand at the same position wait for them to attack you right?

They start to attack me some yesterday, so? What to do? Do I have a choice? Cross all fear and wait for them. But no more money to pay for the thing unfair anymore.

Good luck bro, hope we out from them soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.