Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Low point

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply mak. Juat praying they dun do any stun...my first ever of such encounter. Will never forget.... So far 2nd day aldy... Only yesterday received few unknown call...

Hi Low Point.
You didnt get any $$ from them right? Move on with your life. They will harass definitely, why? Because this LS feed on our fear. Fear of losing face, fear of people ard us knowing, fear on losing a job and etc. They know you're scared hence they will try their every ways to get more $$ from you. Cause 1st and foremost, you already paid them $3k. That shows your fear. Take the neccessary steps. I'm sure you read thru the thread right? Just be wary and stop all contact with them. They will still harass cause they want to try their luck. Be firm and ignore them. Since you dont owe them, they wont do much but just harass you over the phone. Just dont allow their threats get to you emotionally and mentally. Be strong okay.

Good luck bro!

Reaction score
Bro JLeaiue and sis Mak
I fully support this idea.
I am not sure if you can create many titles all link up. People in trouble or curious can search the many titles. But i am afraid the loan syndicate will destroy all of us(the participants) . I am not using facebook becausebi have never like public exposure.

JLeagueand Mak , thanks and keep up the good work

names

Everyday there are new victims, this has to be stopped. Let's PM and link up.

Reaction score
Anyway, how's everything on your side so far? How long has been it since they last contacted you?

My end is very quiet and I'm trying very much to move on with life.

My advice is all the rest here also the same, put your cctvs in place (police can provide even), capture evidence if any harassment happens, that's the least we can do to help arrest runners. (Just for those new here, runners could also be victims, arresting them is GOOD for them, else they are just chalking up charges, the punishment is very very high, more lives ruined)

And as the police advised, if you ever see suspicious people or ever feel unsafe, call 999 immediately.

Low point

Reaction score
Just curious, normally after how long do they start their nonsense... And has anyone blocked dem. But never kenna disturb before?

Makminah

Reaction score
My end is very quiet and I'm trying very much to move on with life.

My advice is all the rest here also the same, put your cctvs in place (police can provide even), capture evidence if any harassment happens, that's the least we can do to help arrest runners. (Just for those new here, runners could also be victims, arresting them is GOOD for them, else they are just chalking up charges, the punishment is very very high, more lives ruined)

And as the police advised, if you ever see suspicious people or ever feel unsafe, call 999 immediately.

Thats great news. Mine nothing happened yet. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Yes, I 2nd that. Those runners should be arrested. Esp those that are debtors, that is their only way to finally escape from the LS. Stay vigilant and always be mentally prepared of the worst. Hopefully all will end soon for everyone here.

Makminah

Reaction score
Just curious, normally after how long do they start their nonsense... And has anyone blocked dem. But never kenna disturb before?

Depends on your luck brother and your kind of LS. Some kena almost immediately, some after 2months quiet suddenly kena, some only harrassment over the phone. Personally, I didnt block my LS so far still getting their texts but thats it nothing more.

Whatever it is just be wary and vigilant. Dont let them get to you. You can get peace by changing yr number. But just inform your NOK and workplace. Thats where they will harass next after not getting through you.

Makminah

Reaction score
hi i would like to seek answers about legal money lender

my whole family is not on good terms with my father but he is still staying in the house thats why we wont help him with is debt as he is irresponsible and a violent drunk.

my father owes a legal money lender firm 2k and he dont want to pay them, the firm has issued a warning letter that if he dont pay up soon they will have to make legal actions against him, will that impact the whole family or will the legal actions only affect him?

sorry for the grammer.

Hi Toiletmaster,

I am not too sure of what kind of legal actions will be taken or who will be affected. But I do know if he dont start paying, debt collectors will definitely come up your house and eventually workplace. And also, if he is the owner of the house, they may siezed it.

Why dont you talk to someone from the helpline provided. Get experts opinion on how you guys can settle this. I know your family are not in good terms with your dad, but the outcome of not paying will affect you guys in a way or another.

Goodluck!

Dawninthedark

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply mak. Juat praying they dun do any stun...my first ever of such encounter. Will never forget.... So far 2nd day aldy... Only yesterday received few unknown call...

Same here my first ever encounter on this kind of shitty loan scammer sia. Pay n pay n pay and account was given to them some more and told me payment was not in when i even sent receipt so funny man. They tink i blind nor stupid and ask for another payment to clear the loan. Afterwhich i reported to the police as well. Yest i received his whatapps asking for payment again i hope nothing will come seriously. How great to earn frm a $250 loan to a $1.5k return. Ha

Dawninthedark

Reaction score
Thats great news. Mine nothing happened yet. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Yes, I 2nd that. Those runners should be arrested. Esp those that are debtors, that is their only way to finally escape from the LS. Stay vigilant and always be mentally prepared of the worst. Hopefully all will end soon for everyone here.

How much is ur loan?

Dawninthedark

Reaction score
Hi guys, i need ur advice. I made an enquiry thru message. They said they were legal. My mistake for not checking. Sent them my details. I told dem i needed time to decide. And the next thing i kno, they trf me 400 n told me to trf back 400. I did the trf for the case to close... Yesterday whole day i have sent them mo ey all beecause i was promised that if i trf then o ly i can get refunded... Finally was told i will get back all my money if i close my case by sending 3k.dat was the last. I told my wife wat happened... Cldnt help but to break down...
Made a report yesterday n blocked numbers.
As for my case i havent take a single cent frm them.
Will i still get harressed.
Reading ur foru. Is making me feel better. But im still scared... Havent slept till last nite....

Did u get any harressment from there so far?

Low point

Reaction score
When he ask for money u just ignore? They dun do anything else?

Same here my first ever encounter on this kind of shitty loan scammer sia. Pay n pay n pay and account was given to them some more and told me payment was not in when i even sent receipt so funny man. They tink i blind nor stupid and ask for another payment to clear the loan. Afterwhich i reported to the police as well. Yest i received his whatapps asking for payment again i hope nothing will come seriously. How great to earn frm a $250 loan to a $1.5k return. Ha

Makminah

Reaction score
How much is ur loan?

I have 2 LS. Same story like you guys. It was a forced loan. Enquire abt a loan, I told them I think about it the immediately transfer me $509/$600.

Paid double or triple the amount too. Everytime want to clear they always like to tell the grandmother story. So must defer. Defer until cannot tahan, I decided to just let it go. It has been almost a month now. How about yours?

Low point

Reaction score
In this 1 mo th u gt get any harressment?

I have 2 LS. Same story like you guys. It was a forced loan. Enquire abt a loan, I told them I think about it the immediately transfer me $509/$600.

Paid double or triple the amount too. Everytime want to clear they always like to tell the grandmother story. So must defer. Defer until cannot tahan, I decided to just let it go. It has been almost a month now. How about yours?

Makminah

Reaction score

Need to stand firm and ignore them. If it makes you feel better block all their numbers. Just dont let them get to you. It will be hard at first, but everything will tone down if you just hang on tight and keep on fighting. Just look at all the ones survived. Some got it worst than us, but still survived. Jiayou people! 💪💪

Low point

Reaction score
Can u advice on wat to do if i accidentally pick up their call... Hang up or talk and give a piece of my mind?

Need to stand firm and ignore them. If it makes you feel better block all their numbers. Just dont let them get to you. It will be hard at first, but everything will tone down if you just hang on tight and keep on fighting. Just look at all the ones survived. Some got it worst than us, but still survived. Jiayou people! 💪💪

Makminah

Reaction score
In this 1 mo th u gt get any harressment?

Of course. But mine only harasss through the phone. They send me a list all of my neighbours and say want to make me famous and give us good service.
No such thing as no harassment. It part of the LS job scope to harass people and extort money by any means.
Dont want harassment then change number, change work,change house, change your name even comfirm no harassment. Think about it, you want to change all that also need alot of $$ right? So choose endure the harassment and come out stronger or the other way?

Makminah

Reaction score
Can u advice on wat to do if i accidentally pick up their call... Hang up or talk and give a piece of my mind?

Depends on your inner pailang. If you are brave enough by all means, go and give them a piece of your mind. Let them know you are not scared. Since you already paid them soo much you have every right to be angry. But if you're like me, dont want to interact with them at all. Just ignore. If accidentally pick up, mute your speaker so they cant hear your background or voice and let them talk. Just listen and then hang up. 😂😂

Makminah

Reaction score
Even if they come im expecting them to come after midnight. Thankfully ive gt a dog at hme

Those LS wont come one la. They have no balls. They let those runners do their dirty work. And runners can come anytime of the day. Some come in the afternoon even. Just install CCTV and be prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.