Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2018, 10:53 AM   #5356

I'm surprised anyone will give their SingPass pw to a 3rd party

Think it's illegal to do that
If apply license money lenders need to give singpass.
Old 20-10-2018, 11:35 AM   #5357

If apply license money lenders need to give singpass.
No....licensed money lenders are not suppose to ask for ur Singpass either....licensed money lenders u need go down to their shop, face to face, key in ur Singpass when they are asked u to.... not allowed to reveal it to them....
Old 20-10-2018, 12:18 PM   #5358

No....licensed money lenders are not suppose to ask for ur Singpass either....licensed money lenders u need go down to their shop, face to face, key in ur Singpass when they are asked u to.... not allowed to reveal it to them....
Yes , face to face key in , but if the license one is link to uml or they save the information and reveal to others we also don't know.
Old 20-10-2018, 12:30 PM   #5359
Supremacy Member

Yah, legally, nobody is allowed to use your SingPass, except you yourself... by right lah
Old 20-10-2018, 01:19 PM   #5360

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singa...mpression=true

Looks like most of the victims here.. please help spread awareness. 🙏
Like wat my io explain, many al will say they wont get caught. Police cant do anything.

Truth is, police can. In fact, if more lenders reports police n stops payment, their biz will be disturbed.

They r just gambling, in hopes to get back profits by putting in few hundreds as stake bet.

Dont get threatened.

It has been 2 weeks for me. He came up once, msgs n msgs. Just endure n ignore.
Old 20-10-2018, 02:04 PM   #5361
High Supremacy Member

Like wat my io explain, many al will say they wont get caught. Police cant do anything.

Truth is, police can. In fact, if more lenders reports police n stops payment, their biz will be disturbed.

They r just gambling, in hopes to get back profits by putting in few hundreds as stake bet.

Dont get threatened.

It has been 2 weeks for me. He came up once, msgs n msgs. Just endure n ignore.

The real Ah Long will be hiding and won't get caught.
Only the runner is the one caught in the newspaper.

Old 20-10-2018, 07:02 PM   #5362

Hi i have a problem with this loan sharks. One day someone just banked in a mysterious money to my acct. Then after few days messaged me saying I needed to oay the loan or defer. Me being scared as ive heard alot of about loansharks, i paid the amt. He banked in 300 clear 450. So i paid 450..

2 days after (i didnt know.. only today i checked) another 300 was banked in. Without me knowing. I dont know who banked in.. he will probably message me tomorrow.

What should i do with the money. Im afraid they have my info and all as well. As they are all linked together. I had a case last 2 years. But only this year they started again.

Shoukd i change number and close the bank acct where thwy banked in the money?

And what happens if for example i already closed my acct. Then an idiot tried to bank in using cash deposit on that acct.. what will happen to the money?
Old 20-10-2018, 07:38 PM   #5363

Hi i have a problem with this loan sharks. One day someone just banked in a mysterious money to my acct. Then after few days messaged me saying I needed to oay the loan or defer. Me being scared as ive heard alot of about loansharks, i paid the amt. He banked in 300 clear 450. So i paid 450..

2 days after (i didnt know.. only today i checked) another 300 was banked in. Without me knowing. I dont know who banked in.. he will probably message me tomorrow.

What should i do with the money. Im afraid they have my info and all as well. As they are all linked together. I had a case last 2 years. But only this year they started again.

And what happens if for example i already closed my acct. Then an idiot tried to bank in using cash deposit on that acct.. what will happen to the money?
First of all u didnít loan...now they trf u $300 ask u return $450 is assuming u take the loan...if u scared the sequence will keep on going...u have to put a stop to it.... u can first of all, ask him to give u account u trf the $300 back and close ur account immediately and also change ur number....once ur account is close they wonít be able to make any trf... what I see now the amount may be other debtor transfer to u... u might get implicated... pls do head down to the police station and make a report ASAP.... keep everything as evidence... inform ur NOK etc to prevent they harass for more money..

If u didnít loan u donít have to be scared....u didnít do anything wrong... these are all their tactics to scam money...
Old 20-10-2018, 07:43 PM   #5364

First of all u didnít loan...now they trf u $300 ask u return $450 is assuming u take the loan...if u scared the sequence will keep on going...u have to put a stop to it.... u can first of all, ask him to give u account u trf the $300 back and close ur account immediately and also change ur number....once ur account is close they wonít be able to make any trf... what I see now the amount may be other debtor transfer to u... u might get implicated... pls do head down to the police station and make a report ASAP.... keep everything as evidence... inform ur NOK etc to prevent they harass for more money..

If u didnít loan u donít have to be scared....u didnít do anything wrong... these are all their tactics to scam money...
Will there be any bank open tomorrow? Like citibank that i could do closing of account? Im very terrified. It happened twice to me. Bur then one person called me asking whether i want to clear all my details.. but have to pay 200 so no unknown banking in to my acct already.
Old 20-10-2018, 09:42 PM   #5365

Will there be any bank open tomorrow? Like citibank that i could do closing of account? Im very terrified. It happened twice to me. Bur then one person called me asking whether i want to clear all my details.. but have to pay 200 so no unknown banking in to my acct already.
Its all lies.
They passing arnd also dunno pass to how many alr. U think they got central system meh.
Old 20-10-2018, 10:31 PM   #5366

U call and ask if u can close account through ibanking or phone...you should have closed after u clear them off 2 years ago....itís all lies they wonít delete....they now using ur bank account for debtor to transfer their funds in and out....pls protect urself first...
Old 20-10-2018, 10:52 PM   #5367

Let’s just hope or assume for now they only have your bank account in which case they can do nothing to you. Any chance someone has revealed or might have used your identity to loan before?

If none then make a police report immediately.
Make sure you are firm to tell them you are not paying any money for interest, late charges or whatever. If you give them the impression you are willing to anything to clear you will end up in trouble. But don’t give in. It’s scary as hell but it’s not difficult. Get some support from family and friends to gather some strength.

Old 20-10-2018, 11:17 PM   #5368

U call and ask if u can close account through ibanking or phone...you should have closed after u clear them off 2 years ago....itís all lies they wonít delete....they now using ur bank account for debtor to transfer their funds in and out....pls protect urself first...
Yeah, that's money laundering.
Plus, maybe al needs capital to loan out funds. Assisting uml business

Close acct, chg hp num. Thats the least that can be done now
Old 21-10-2018, 12:29 AM   #5369
Arch-Supremacy Member

They have your acct and hp number means your info already leaked out. As mentioned, close acct immediately and make police report. Once your acct is closed, they will not be able to do xfer or deposit even with cdm. Change your hp as well. Likely they will scam you even when you close acct.

Old 21-10-2018, 12:38 AM   #5370

No disrespect and you only mean well with your experience. But taking a drastic step to change numbers right away and closing accounts makes these *******s be in control of our lives one way or another. It’s just so damn disgusting that one has to change numbers for no fault of theirs. It’s not always easy to change a phone number that you been using for several years.

Well once if AL comes with proof of knowing your home or work address and stuff then perhaps yes. I would wait and watch while closing bank account along with police report as the first few measures.

They have your acct and hp number means your info already leaked out. As mentioned, close acct immediately and make police report. Once your acct is closed, they will not be able to do xfer or deposit even with cdm. Change your hp as well. Likely they will scam you even when you close acct.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.