HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree148Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2018, 12:50 AM   #5371

No disrespect and you only mean well with your experience. But taking a drastic step to change numbers right away and closing accounts makes these *******s be in control of our lives one way or another. Itís just so damn disgusting that one has to change numbers for no fault of theirs. Itís not always easy to change a phone number that you been using for several years.

Well once if AL comes with proof of knowing your home or work address and stuff then perhaps yes. I would wait and watch while closing bank account along with police report as the first few measures.
You might have the strong will to ride this through but not others. Hence most of us here would always advise to cut all communication possible to minimize any interaction with these sc*ms.
Old 21-10-2018, 02:19 AM   #5372

Agree. It’s a difficult choice either ways.

In my case i decided to totally ignored any threats and messages including calls to my NOK and home. That happened on first day. Day 2, today I got calls and messages offering loans. All ignored. Not sure what else is coming my way.

But the ignorance and staying firm option works albeit with some unwanted disturbances.

You might have the strong will to ride this through but not others. Hence most of us here would always advise to cut all communication possible to minimize any interaction with these sc*ms.
Old 21-10-2018, 05:35 AM   #5373

Agree. Itís a difficult choice either ways.

In my case i decided to totally ignored any threats and messages including calls to my NOK and home. That happened on first day. Day 2, today I got calls and messages offering loans. All ignored. Not sure what else is coming my way.

But the ignorance and staying firm option works albeit with some unwanted disturbances.

The advice here for some can and cannot change number.. ignore and dont read or anzwer smses . for prolong ringing turn to vibrate mode otherwize can be irritating esp in prezence of friend or relative. the bustards will try all means od contact.. the weak will fear . stay strong. i didnt change my numbers. their fingers do get tired .hahaha.
Old 21-10-2018, 06:21 AM   #5374

Letís just hope or assume for now they only have your bank account in which case they can do nothing to you. Any chance someone has revealed or might have used your identity to loan before?

If none then make a police report immediately.
Make sure you are firm to tell them you are not paying any money for interest, late charges or whatever. If you give them the impression you are willing to anything to clear you will end up in trouble. But donít give in. Itís scary as hell but itís not difficult. Get some support from family and friends to gather some strength.
Im afraid that they have all my info. So should i pay or should i return the 300 if the person message me today? Closing bank acct also very troublesome. But i will close it already.

Im trying to gather strength to get through this again. Its been tough last 2 years ago. Then this again.
Old 21-10-2018, 06:25 AM   #5375

The advice here for some can and cannot change number.. ignore and dont read or anzwer smses . for prolong ringing turn to vibrate mode otherwize can be irritating esp in prezence of friend or relative. the bustards will try all means od contact.. the weak will fear . stay strong. i didnt change my numbers. their fingers do get tired .hahaha.
Mine got tired 2 years ago. 2 people actually. Went to Singapore anti loan shark. Surrendered my sim then they did the talking. I dont know how.. but they stopped disturbing me in my hotel. They can try to come down lah, but lucky they didnt and they are not so stupid to do that. But i did received a letter in my mailbox with all the threats. Haha

Ill just pray that they wont disturb me this time. As i cant pay them anymore. I have a sick father in the icu who needs my help..
Old 21-10-2018, 09:37 AM   #5376

Im afraid that they have all my info. So should i pay or should i return the 300 if the person message me today? Closing bank acct also very troublesome. But i will close it already.

Im trying to gather strength to get through this again. Its been tough last 2 years ago. Then this again.
It really depends on u whether u wanna pay the $300 off....police and the rest will advice u not to pay, whereas some people would say just pay off and at least u donít owe them... they probably still have ur information... but u have to know the difference between now and then, that time u willingly loan now itís a scam loan.... make police report and close ur account.... phone number itís up to u to change... but if u want peace and start a new I highly recommend it... anyways u taking care of ur dad now pls donít let these fkers affect ur mood....
Old 21-10-2018, 09:59 AM   #5377

Im now waiting for the guy to message. He will probably ask for the payment today or tomorrow.

Im really scared of what they can do. The least i could do is give back the 300.. cause hospital bill is not cheap at all.

I tried to message the guy who anyhow transferred me thw 300 last time. Told him that he can get the money from the police if he wants it. (It was yesterday night cause i was pissed) Let's see what he will say..

It really depends on u whether u wanna pay the $300 off....police and the rest will advice u not to pay, whereas some people would say just pay off and at least u donít owe them... they probably still have ur information... but u have to know the difference between now and then, that time u willingly loan now itís a scam loan.... make police report and close ur account.... phone number itís up to u to change... but if u want peace and start a new I highly recommend it... anyways u taking care of ur dad now pls donít let these fkers affect ur mood....
Old 21-10-2018, 10:35 AM   #5378

Im now waiting for the guy to message. He will probably ask for the payment today or tomorrow.

Im really scared of what they can do. The least i could do is give back the 300.. cause hospital bill is not cheap at all.

I tried to message the guy who anyhow transferred me thw 300 last time. Told him that he can get the money from the police if he wants it. (It was yesterday night cause i was pissed) Let's see what he will say..
Since u been through this u should know that being scared will only let them gain the upper hand...u have to get this straight in ur mind... u did not loan so please donít be scared.... unless u did...? U scare them with police no use one...
Old 21-10-2018, 02:21 PM   #5379

Since u been through this u should know that being scared will only let them gain the upper hand...u have to get this straight in ur mind... u did not loan so please donít be scared.... unless u did...? U scare them with police no use one...
nope i didnt. Just dont want that person to cause trouble..suprisingly he havent messaged me yet
Old 21-10-2018, 04:02 PM   #5380

To pay or not pay.

Or if I may rephrase, to play the game or to succumb.

you could pay back what was transferred (not more) with a message stating that you had not asked for this money. Besides you should tell them they already got more than they transferred. So take it and don’t bother or expect any more from you. Then block. Block all subsequent message with the same reply. At least you will have the peace of mind that it’s returned. They will realise you are turning into a dead end for them. They will eventually channel their time and energy over to someone else.

Or you can tell them the police has clearly told you not to return the money. If you want it come and meet you at the NPC. You have your choices, let them choose theirs. Do not beg or sound apologetic nor belligerent. Be straight and firm.

When you are clean you will be confident. There a no need to be fearful.

nope i didnt. Just dont want that person to cause trouble..suprisingly he havent messaged me yet
Old 21-10-2018, 04:12 PM   #5381

My timeline so far.

Day 1: 17th Oct - I made contact and ended the night with the test transfer of 400$.

Day 2: 18th Oct - Received instructions to transfer 1280$ for processing fee. The curious part of me let me transfer 1k. Soon to realise I was fooled. End the night transferring the 700$ (400$+300$) to prevent any further engagement.
Got threatened and was asked to pay 2000$.
Said no and blocked al numbered.

Day 3: 19th Oct - AL called home and my NOK and some calls to my office line. NOK blasted them after I explained the true story. Went NOC and filed report.

Day 4: 20th Oct - Revieved 2 calls offering loans. Blocked one number and let the other one stay unblocked.

Day 5: 21th Oct - Anither missed call from the unblocked number but I missed the call.

Wondering if they change strategy in my case or they are preparing themselves to rain more harassment on me.

My NOK can get super fierce if she wants to. I can’t speak Chinese but she can so probably more effective.

In summary being firm and unyielding definitely works (unless you really owe them). At least for now.

Old 21-10-2018, 04:34 PM   #5382

Thank you.

Yes I told the person if he wants the money then take from the police.. as i didnt asked for the loan. If its rhe same person, i already warned him when i cleared his first anyhow transfer of 300.. that the next time he do it i will report to the police. But that person just seen zoned my message. No reply at all.. so im not sure who it is. Still got no message asking for repayment as well.

To pay or not pay.

Or if I may rephrase, to play the game or to succumb.

you could pay back what was transferred (not more) with a message stating that you had not asked for this money. Besides you should tell them they already got more than they transferred. So take it and donít bother or expect any more from you. Then block. Block all subsequent message with the same reply. At least you will have the peace of mind that itís returned. They will realise you are turning into a dead end for them. They will eventually channel their time and energy over to someone else.

Or you can tell them the police has clearly told you not to return the money. If you want it come and meet you at the NPC. You have your choices, let them choose theirs. Do not beg or sound apologetic nor belligerent. Be straight and firm.

When you are clean you will be confident. There a no need to be fearful.
Old 22-10-2018, 02:45 AM   #5383
Supremacy Member

Thanks people for the posting.

Yes i agree DO NOT PAY THESE UML.

My family member stupidly signup and got into chaos with loan paid with high interest (usual story) in less than 1 mth but was kenna a force loan which indirectly affected myself.

Lucky stand firm even though first 2-3 days was like confused lost and scare but after reading all, i agree NO PAY THEM ESPICALLY THESE FORCE LOANS!!!! DUN GIVE IN TO FEAR.

UML dealing and handling them follow the protocol:
1) make police report
2) install cctv (can anyone recommend)
3) face it espically if you are innocent party, if debtor tear face value and humbly applogise and make sure change new leaf
4) change your mobile number close all accounts that is used for uml (DEBTOR)
5) NEVER GIVE UR ATM CARD / SINGPASS to UML
6) mentally prep that runners will come decor the door
7) mentally prep if u need to defend against the runners
8) DO NOT FEAR! THIS IS THE SAME AS WAR FEAR NOT THE ENEMY ESPICALLY WHEN WE ARE FIGHTING
thank all for the strong word of encouragement
yeah install cctv
Old 22-10-2018, 07:50 AM   #5384
Supremacy Member

My timeline so far.

Day 1: 17th Oct - I made contact and ended the night with the test transfer of 400$.

Day 2: 18th Oct - Received instructions to transfer 1280$ for processing fee. The curious part of me let me transfer 1k. Soon to realise I was fooled. End the night transferring the 700$ (400$+300$) to prevent any further engagement.
Got threatened and was asked to pay 2000$.
Said no and blocked al numbered.

Day 3: 19th Oct - AL called home and my NOK and some calls to my office line. NOK blasted them after I explained the true story. Went NOC and filed report.

Day 4: 20th Oct - Revieved 2 calls offering loans. Blocked one number and let the other one stay unblocked.

Day 5: 21th Oct - Anither missed call from the unblocked number but I missed the call.

Wondering if they change strategy in my case or they are preparing themselves to rain more harassment on me.

My NOK can get super fierce if she wants to. I canít speak Chinese but she can so probably more effective.

In summary being firm and unyielding definitely works (unless you really owe them). At least for now.
No disrespect and you only mean well with your experience. But taking a drastic step to change numbers right away and closing accounts makes these *******s be in control of our lives one way or another. Itís just so damn disgusting that one has to change numbers for no fault of theirs. Itís not always easy to change a phone number that you been using for several years.

Well once if AL comes with proof of knowing your home or work address and stuff then perhaps yes. I would wait and watch while closing bank account along with police report as the first few measures.

your fault, or rather mistake, is when you initiated the contact with them...

it's like opening your doors to these AL/scammers/watever, and they come into your house and never want to leave again
Old 22-10-2018, 09:47 AM   #5385

Agree. Itís a difficult choice either ways.

Yes, aside from these that you mentioned, they will all eventually die off and resurface once in awhile.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.