HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2018, 09:49 AM   #5386

Im afraid that they have all my info. So should i pay or should i return the 300 if the person message me today? Closing bank acct also very troublesome. But i will close it already.

Im trying to gather strength to get through this again. Its been tough last 2 years ago. Then this again.
Just tell them upfront, they have either option. Take the 300 back and go or come retrieve it from the police themselves. Thereafter, cut all forms of communication.
Old 22-10-2018, 11:03 AM   #5387

Just tell them upfront, they have either option. Take the 300 back and go or come retrieve it from the police themselves. Thereafter, cut all forms of communication.
Don't need reply.their msg.just move on
Old 22-10-2018, 11:26 AM   #5388

Fully agree.

It’s feels strange and difficult to understand where all the sanity was hiding when I needed it most. Not it’s all rather easy for me analyse and think what I should or should not have done. But the cat is already out, damage is done.

On a positive note I will definitely take this experience as one of the best ever. An experience which I could do without.

I am now receiving very polite calls from numbers with country codes +7 (Russia) and +91 (India) asking if I need loans. Funny part is that if you look at the last 8 digits of these numbers they appear to be Singapore numbers with either 8 or 9.

Wondering if these guys first try and scam you to squeeze when they can and later try and do telemarket you a loan either a real loan or get you to think it’s real and prep you up for another scam.

They have a decent investment in all of this and so it’s highly organised mostly in Malaysia I believe.

This should be featuring on scam city show on discovery channel for sure.

your fault, or rather mistake, is when you initiated the contact with them...

it's like opening your doors to these AL/scammers/watever, and they come into your house and never want to leave again
Old 22-10-2018, 04:06 PM   #5389

Fully agree.

Itís feels strange and difficult to understand where all the sanity was hiding when I needed it most. Not itís all rather easy for me analyse and think what I should or should not have done. But the cat is already out, damage is done.

On a positive note I will definitely take this experience as one of the best ever. An experience which I could do without.

I am now receiving very polite calls from numbers with country codes +7 (Russia) and +91 (India) asking if I need loans. Funny part is that if you look at the last 8 digits of these numbers they appear to be Singapore numbers with either 8 or 9.

Wondering if these guys first try and scam you to squeeze when they can and later try and do telemarket you a loan either a real loan or get you to think itís real and prep you up for another scam.

They have a decent investment in all of this and so itís highly organised mostly in Malaysia I believe.

This should be featuring on scam city show on discovery channel for sure.
For all you know, this have been ongoing since years back. And it has grown bigger until they could even advertise via facebook, tumblr and other social media platform.
Old 22-10-2018, 07:08 PM   #5390

Anywhere can have legal fair loan borrow ? Like yearly interest 20% , can pay installment 1 year or more.
Old 22-10-2018, 08:07 PM   #5391

For all you know, this have been ongoing since years back. And it has grown bigger until they could even advertise via facebook, tumblr and other social media platform.
They arw basically everywhere..in the world. How can they all sleep well at night
Old 22-10-2018, 08:30 PM   #5392

They arw basically everywhere..in the world. How can they all sleep well at night
Because, it's good money. And low risk considered the jurisdiction difference.
Old 22-10-2018, 11:05 PM   #5393

The close proximity of our lawless neighbours who probably be thinkijg Singaporean’s are pretty gullible especially when it comes to money.

Am sure there are genuine Ah Long out there supporting small scale businesses without resorting to scams.

This ugly scam is a creative but ugly byproduct of the entire illegal ML business.

But surprisingly the local government has little to
offer in terms of protection nor is there any promise.

Because, it's good money. And low risk considered the jurisdiction difference.
Old 23-10-2018, 06:25 AM   #5394

The close proximity of our lawless neighbours who probably be thinkijg Singaporeanís are pretty gullible especially when it comes to money.

Am sure there are genuine Ah Long out there supporting small scale businesses without resorting to scams.

This ugly scam is a creative but ugly byproduct of the entire illegal ML business.

Well i do hope they can find a way to catch the real bosses. And not only the runners or workers.
Old 23-10-2018, 08:27 AM   #5395

The close proximity of our lawless neighbours who probably be thinkijg Singaporeanís are pretty gullible especially when it comes to money.

I mentioned before some of them is doing deferred loan but tell boss that is weekly loan ...they will pocket the money
Old 23-10-2018, 08:52 PM   #5396

LML came to office again last week, this is the second time they came. But now I don't have any single cent to pay them. Waiting for year end bonus, to gather the 2.5k needed for self declare bankruptcy. But still have 2 months need to wait, how to drag the LML until then? Boss already warned that if they keep coming to disturb the office, my job will be gone!
Old 23-10-2018, 09:25 PM   #5397

LML came to office again last week, this is the second time they came. But now I don't have any single cent to pay them. Waiting for year end bonus, to gather the 2.5k needed for self declare bankruptcy. But still have 2 months need to wait, how to drag the LML until then? Boss already warned that if they keep coming to disturb the office, my job will be gone!
Personal advise

Govt cant do much. U can call ministry of ml to complain that they r jepordizing ur job. Lml will step back too.

Let the lml knw u r contactable n in the midst of filing for drs.

They hate it n some will try to get funds back frm u because gg thru drs, they can only take back what u owe n over 5 yrs.

Dl call recordings so that u can have proof of their tone n stuff.

Last edited by BaconHam; 23-10-2018 at 09:32 PM..
Old 24-10-2018, 07:22 AM   #5398
Supremacy Member

Sorry just curious... How did u land yourself in current state of near bankruptcy
Old 24-10-2018, 09:23 AM   #5399

How much u own to lml.lml is scarry I better do something abt it
Old 24-10-2018, 10:59 AM   #5400
Arch-Supremacy Member

Have you tried talking to the lml? See if they can arrange for installment payment? Btw, are they aware of your plans to file for bankruptcy?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.