HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2018, 10:05 AM   #5551

Hi all. I found this forum in desperate need for information on what to with all the AL problems. Glad to say that everyoneís advices have been really helpful. And everything was very relatable.

I recently got entangled with this AL problems early this month when I thought of consolidating my 5k debts from my 4 LML. So this is my story I would like to share.

1st AL: I enquired from a WhatsApp msg claiming to be a LML. Asked for a 5k loan and send all my personal details such as NOK, bank details and IC etc. The moment I sent out I realised I made a HUGE mistake. But I comforted myself saying itís normal procedure itíll be fine. Ended up he only trsf me 400 to do a trial loan saying to test payment. Had to pay 700 in a week to clear if not pay 250 to defer. Ended up asking for advance pay from my boss to top up. Trsfred the 700 and never heard from him again. After a few days I decide to block n report spam his number and that was it. My first brush with AL. Sacred shitless.

2nd AL: This is where my life got more exciting but I learnt from the first experience. Asked for a loan of 2k but got 600 instead. I got angry and demanded to return the money but AL say cannot must pay 900 to clear. I kpkb and he brought down to 850. After 4 days I wanted to settle the 850 but he said cannot clear only can defer. No choice and no point arguing so I just paid 250 our of fear. Another 4days same thing same excuses. But I still paid 250. So actually I have returned back 500/600 of this forced loan. I demanded to pay 850 for my next payment and he promised to let me settle. I made a police report thru SPF website and got my case handled my an IO. Another 4days and still told me to pay 250 bcos I need to let him know one day in advance if I want to full settle. I got pissed off and trsf him out of anger. 4th day came again which was 2days ago. He msged me in the morning saying to trsf another 250. I came to realised there was no point in paying up anymore and I have paid 750/600. Extra 150 for him so i just ignored his WhatsApp for the entire day. He msg my mom and dad and threatened to burn our house and neighbours house. They got panic but I assure them I was scam and I have reported to police. In this situation one needs to be calm and composed to do what I just did. It was scary no doubt but since AL already went to extent of THREATENING me and my family I decided to ignore him completely. That same night I went down to police post looking for the IO but I spoke to the office on duty instead. He adviced to just ignore and assured me that they cannot physically harm us. The worse they could do is splash paint or lock or send scary msgs but thatís all. The next day I met up with my IO and gave all the details and his advice is to 1. Close my bank acc. You can this online via ibanking website but not thru app. 2. Block AL number and donít pick up any unfamiliar number. Inform NOK to do the same or change hp number. 3. Inform workplace and boss. I told my boss that I went to make a police report about scam harassment and the police adviced that if thereís anyone looking for me, just tell them that I got fired. According to IO there have not been any report of AL harassment at workplaces bcos if they do theyíll def get caught.

Funny thing was after half a day ignoring this AL only the he said he will give the acc to clear. But I still ignored him. Hell im not gonna pay 800 nor a single cent anymore since he already harassed me and my family. And he said he was gonna burn my house and my neighbours that night. I woke up. Everything was fine. He texted me again while I was talking to my IO and let my IO read. He laughed and just said itís normal scare tactics. He told me ignore, block and report spam. Itís been a full day now. House is intact and no more msgs from AL. Still early to hope anything but Iím hoping for the best.
Your case is the same case as me , better install CCTV asap at your door , i did not install hence the splash paint n lock came , last sunday they call mty NOK , i have chg numbers since then , made 4 police report so far till now after the splash n lock , i got peace . pray hard all this settled down aldy .
Old 31-10-2018, 02:44 PM   #5552

Same case happened to me also
Old 31-10-2018, 03:01 PM   #5553

Same case happened to me also
did they disturb u further ?
Old 31-10-2018, 05:45 PM   #5554

Hi all. I found this forum in desperate need for information on what to with all the AL problems. Glad to say that everyoneís advices have been really helpful. And everything was very relatable.

I recently got entangled with this AL problems early this month when I thought of consolidating my 5k debts from my 4 LML. So this is my story I would like to share.

1st AL: I enquired from a WhatsApp msg claiming to be a LML. Asked for a 5k loan and send all my personal details such as NOK, bank details and IC etc. The moment I sent out I realised I made a HUGE mistake. But I comforted myself saying itís normal procedure itíll be fine. Ended up he only trsf me 400 to do a trial loan saying to test payment. Had to pay 700 in a week to clear if not pay 250 to defer. Ended up asking for advance pay from my boss to top up. Trsfred the 700 and never heard from him again. After a few days I decide to block n report spam his number and that was it. My first brush with AL. Sacred shitless.

2nd AL: This is where my life got more exciting but I learnt from the first experience. Asked for a loan of 2k but got 600 instead. I got angry and demanded to return the money but AL say cannot must pay 900 to clear. I kpkb and he brought down to 850. After 4 days I wanted to settle the 850 but he said cannot clear only can defer. No choice and no point arguing so I just paid 250 our of fear. Another 4days same thing same excuses. But I still paid 250. So actually I have returned back 500/600 of this forced loan. I demanded to pay 850 for my next payment and he promised to let me settle. I made a police report thru SPF website and got my case handled my an IO. Another 4days and still told me to pay 250 bcos I need to let him know one day in advance if I want to full settle. I got pissed off and trsf him out of anger. 4th day came again which was 2days ago. He msged me in the morning saying to trsf another 250. I came to realised there was no point in paying up anymore and I have paid 750/600. Extra 150 for him so i just ignored his WhatsApp for the entire day. He msg my mom and dad and threatened to burn our house and neighbours house. They got panic but I assure them I was scam and I have reported to police. In this situation one needs to be calm and composed to do what I just did. It was scary no doubt but since AL already went to extent of THREATENING me and my family I decided to ignore him completely. That same night I went down to police post looking for the IO but I spoke to the office on duty instead. He adviced to just ignore and assured me that they cannot physically harm us. The worse they could do is splash paint or lock or send scary msgs but thatís all. The next day I met up with my IO and gave all the details and his advice is to 1. Close my bank acc. You can this online via ibanking website but not thru app. 2. Block AL number and donít pick up any unfamiliar number. Inform NOK to do the same or change hp number. 3. Inform workplace and boss. I told my boss that I went to make a police report about scam harassment and the police adviced that if thereís anyone looking for me, just tell them that I got fired. According to IO there have not been any report of AL harassment at workplaces bcos if they do theyíll def get caught.

Funny thing was after half a day ignoring this AL only the he said he will give the acc to clear. But I still ignored him. Hell im not gonna pay 800 nor a single cent anymore since he already harassed me and my family. And he said he was gonna burn my house and my neighbours that night. I woke up. Everything was fine. He texted me again while I was talking to my IO and let my IO read. He laughed and just said itís normal scare tactics. He told me ignore, block and report spam. Itís been a full day now. House is intact and no more msgs from AL. Still early to hope anything but Iím hoping for the best.
No LML will loan 5k ezyly unless u build relationship with them n been giving them business.. At most maybe 2k if your pay after cpf is 3k.. If not if you need big amount can go bank.. I dunno how business loan work for lml.. Too risky for them..
Old 31-10-2018, 10:12 PM   #5555

Your case is the same case as me , better install CCTV asap at your door , i did not install hence the splash paint n lock came , last sunday they call mty NOK , i have chg numbers since then , made 4 police report so far till now after the splash n lock , i got peace . pray hard all this settled down aldy .
My amount is not a lot. Just 900 to clear and Iíve already paid 750 out of the 600 he trsfered me. So technically i donít owe him anything except make him 150$ richer. I am a small fish and I donít think he will go to the extent of throwing paint and all that. right???
Old 31-10-2018, 10:15 PM   #5556

What I am more curious is how do u really know if they are ACTUAL ah longs or just some scammer pretending to be ah Long at home sending msgs from his 3rm flat and laptop??
Old 31-10-2018, 10:18 PM   #5557

Lol... we cant know... but for me. I know. If i ever ganna a female runner. Young or old... i will call police and then i will try to restrain her... of coz... will cup her boobs... and am pretty very sure. Nothing will happen to me... so bros. Give it a try. If u really bump into female runners...
Old 01-11-2018, 12:29 AM   #5558

I would like to know what do you do when they splash paint or lock the gate. I will
Call police if they locked my gate but what about the paint splash?
Firstly.. The intention is do catch the culprit. Harassment mus report. Big or small. Put note also must report.
U dont report police cannot act on it
Old 01-11-2018, 12:32 AM   #5559

My amount is not a lot. Just 900 to clear and Iíve already paid 750 out of the 600 he trsfered me. So technically i donít owe him anything except make him 150$ richer. I am a small fish and I donít think he will go to the extent of throwing paint and all that. right???
Take time to read thru this thread. 100 or 50,as long as u got potential to squeeze, they will do so.

Real or fake all will try their luck.

Install a cctv n ignore the harassments
Old 01-11-2018, 05:42 AM   #5560

No LML will loan 5k ezyly unless u build relationship with them n been giving them business.. At most maybe 2k if your pay after cpf is 3k.. If not if you need big amount can go bank.. I dunno how business loan work for lml.. Too risky for them..
That time I was doing business n the LML loaned me or rather the business $20k. But I did pay them back on time. Even when I loaned it based on my personal income, I got $5k.

Last edited by huathuat888; 01-11-2018 at 06:15 AM..
Old 01-11-2018, 07:25 AM   #5561

Take time to read thru this thread. 100 or 50,as long as u got potential to squeeze, they will do so.

Real or fake all will try their luck.

Install a cctv n ignore the harassments
Lol Iíve read this forum from page 1 till here. Took me 5days plus to reach the latest post. And from what Iíve read and understood, yes they will try to squeeze, scare, harass u until u give in to them. But I also understand about the big fish small fish idea. According to some of the guys here, the AL wonít waste time on those with smaller debts. Theyíll spend more effort and resources to go after the bigger lenders...pls correct me if Iím wrong. Anyway itís been 3 days since the first whatsapp harassment. Have not received any msgs or calls from unknown numbers since. *praying hard*
Old 01-11-2018, 07:42 AM   #5562
Supremacy Member

Lol... we cant know... but for me. I know. If i ever ganna a female runner. Young or old... i will call police and then i will try to restrain her... of coz... will cup her boobs... and am pretty very sure. Nothing will happen to me... so bros. Give it a try. If u really bump into female runners...

Bo liao.. then what's the difference between u and them?
Old 01-11-2018, 08:08 AM   #5563

Bo liao.. then what's the difference between u and them?

Put it this way. I am trying to restrain them before police comes... and i m not well trained in martial arts.. so i grab here grab there grab everywhere... u wanna blame me????
Old 01-11-2018, 08:32 AM   #5564
Master Member

I think it’s abit sadistic of you to think you could use the opportunity to grab a female runner. None of the people here are well trained in martial arts. So stop using your own pathetic psychopath excuse to think you could ‘molest’ a female runner just because you are very satki.

Come here only when you have a real problem, AsŚhole.

Put it this way. I am trying to restrain them before police comes... and i m not well trained in martial arts.. so i grab here grab there grab everywhere... u wanna blame me????
Old 01-11-2018, 08:39 AM   #5565

I think itís abit sadistic of you to think you could use the opportunity to grab a female runner. None of the people here are well trained in martial arts. So stop using your own pathetic psychopath excuse to think you could Ďmolestí a female runner just because you are very satki.

Come here only when you have a real problem, AsŚhole.

Am just trying to share this piece of reliable info with bros here... dont tell me žf u really spot a female runner spraying your house.. u will say hi??
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.