HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2018, 01:04 PM   #5626

Hopefully I can make it thru.i do know it's actually our own fear stopping us from moving on but just can't help it. Anyway will they actually show up at my workplace which is retail?
Stay strong every1 here goes thru the same even I nvr borrow from uml.. The lml debt collectors tactics r the same only difference thy can't throw paint or lock your gate other than that everything same no difference bro good advice here stay strong you have our moral support .. Even courts Singapore DC worst every 3 days visit my workplc nvr come my plc.. I fed up nvr answer call he called my GM wah knn.. Lucky my GM is not the bothered type...
Old 02-11-2018, 01:50 PM   #5627

I stopped paying all AL last week. One day after that, they keep calling my NOK and office. I reported to police and advice to change number and install cctv which I did. In two consecutive days, someone dropped in our house both caught thru cctv. When they see the cctv, they just show it in whatsapp and take pictures of our unit, while the other one is a teenage boy who left a note to call a person that I dont even know. Yeaterday, there was an old lady knowcking on our door holding ehr phone. We have cctv installed already. I have several AL that I stopped paying for 300-500 each. I am still scared. How long would it take before they will leave me alone.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:16 PM   #5628

LML is legal money lender

UML is what money lender? Ugly money lender? Useless money lender? Cannot figure out
Old 02-11-2018, 02:48 PM   #5629

I stopped paying all AL last week. One day after that, they keep calling my NOK and office. I reported to police and advice to change number and install cctv which I did. In two consecutive days, someone dropped in our house both caught thru cctv. When they see the cctv, they just show it in whatsapp and take pictures of our unit, while the other one is a teenage boy who left a note to call a person that I dont even know. Yeaterday, there was an old lady knowcking on our door holding ehr phone. We have cctv installed already. I have several AL that I stopped paying for 300-500 each. I am still scared. How long would it take before they will leave me alone.
How much do you owe and how much have you paid?

Since you have already reported and all counter measures are taken, you are pretty safe in this aspects. But please brace tight for the constant harassment. Nobody knows when it will stop.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:17 PM   #5630

I agree try to seek help from volunteer group nothing wrong with small donation..I've ever checked with 1 group.. They'll help u..usually the small loan below 500 they'll ask you to clear on your own those above 500 then they'll hold it up till u clear the small ones.. Max they can hold up is 1 month for you to clear small loan.. For loanshark these volunteer have contacts.. They don't suka2 take any volunteers for negotiator.. So most negotiators have background n know their contacts well.. No harm trying since we r pushed to the edge..

Bro, these volunteers have their own contact to the ah long??

I still owe one ah Long $100 leh. You think they will send runner??
Old 02-11-2018, 04:30 PM   #5631
Arch-Supremacy Member

Unlicensed Money Lender

LML is legal money lender

UML is what money lender? Ugly money lender? Useless money lender? Cannot figure out
Old 02-11-2018, 04:36 PM   #5632
Arch-Supremacy Member

Some of the volunteers were ex al. Turn over new leaf after serving their time. So have their means to get in contact with the al i guess

Old 02-11-2018, 05:02 PM   #5633

According to one of my friend who seek help from BGSS, a particular pastor Richard attended to him. At first they helped and until Pastor Richard keep pestering him and asked him when he want to convert to Christian. When my friend said his family Buddhist, Pastor Richard called all the LML which he negotiated that deals are off and BGSS no longer assisting him. So thatís why I said if they want to help then be goodwill and no t&c apply.
Yeah mine was cut off too . As I don't have time to attend thier church because of my work ..
Old 02-11-2018, 05:17 PM   #5634
Master Member

Then go and find out lor. Maybe pastor changed church? How would I know? But someone else also experienced the same ‘cut out’ after never attend the service. So let your own self go find out. Also not my dai ji. Lol

I prefer to find out myself rather than listening to "friend here friend there". Hence i did a search on BGSS website and its church website, no pastor by the name on Richard. I called BGSS to look for Pastor Richard, there is no pastor richard. So either your friend has gone to wrong social service group or making unfounded statement.
Old 02-11-2018, 05:19 PM   #5635
Master Member

Not against any religion or particular church, but if really want to help, then help. Not forcing or cut someone out just Becos never attend their service or convert to Christian.

Good intentions comes from the hearts without any ulterior motives.

Yeah mine was cut off too . As I don't have time to attend thier church because of my work ..
Old 02-11-2018, 06:08 PM   #5636

U better ask your AL I think your interest just went up..
Old 02-11-2018, 06:13 PM   #5637

Not against any religion or particular church, but if really want to help, then help. Not forcing or cut someone out just Becos never attend their service or convert to Christian.

Good intentions comes from the hearts without any ulterior motives.
True to that... Try other volunteers..
Old 02-11-2018, 06:23 PM   #5638

U better ask your AL I think your interest just went up..

Like that better donít lay right??
Old 02-11-2018, 06:27 PM   #5639

How much do you owe and how much have you paid?

Since you have already reported and all counter measures are taken, you are pretty safe in this aspects. But please brace tight for the constant harassment. Nobody knows when it will stop.
I just stopped paying because they keep on asking to defer and the new AL are just for payment to defer. My loan of 300 has been paid thrice I guess. Hahaha.my husband knew about it, he got mad and really mad but he initiated the precautionary measures like cctv and all plus reporting to the police. I feel I paid them already so I am okay with it. Hahaha. But sometimes, I got scared.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:28 PM   #5640

I just stopped paying because they keep on asking to defer and the new AL are just for payment to defer. My loan of 300 has been paid thrice I guess. Hahaha.my husband knew about it, he got mad and really mad but he initiated the precautionary measures like cctv and all plus reporting to the police. I feel I paid them already so I am okay with it. Hahaha. But sometimes, I got scared.
Stay firm. If you need mental assurance, always inform your husband whenever they harass and face it together. This way, you will not be intimidated and pay again. Since technically you don't owe, most likely only send runners a few times should cease. Cause all these are additional costing also.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.