HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2018, 08:33 PM   #5641

Hi, I wanted to report back and tell you guys. I stopped paying the guy, and he keeps calling. I told my friends and family that I got ,ĒscammedĒ (I told them some guy transferred money to my account and demanded more back, so I already made the police report, block whatever unknown people called, and what not.) I told my editor... lied to him that I got scammed and told him to block every thing. Heís quite happy to do so. I donít know if I should tell my old work place, theyíre moving soon.

I was weak, admittedly. I paid them twice more after me first reporting cause I was intimidated. I decided to stop today because I am done and I revisited this page that reminded me why I was done.

Thank you guys. Weíll see what happens next.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:47 PM   #5642

Then go and find out lor. Maybe pastor changed church? How would I know? But someone else also experienced the same Ďcut outí after never attend the service. So let your own self go find out. Also not my dai ji. Lol
Haha funny! Bo your dai ji then you reply for what? If you don't know, don't act like you know. Shhhh... quiet! Bye!
Old 02-11-2018, 08:58 PM   #5643

Hi, I wanted to report back and tell you guys. I stopped paying the guy, and he keeps calling. I told my friends and family that I got ,ĒscammedĒ (I told them some guy transferred money to my account and demanded more back, so I already made the police report, block whatever unknown people called, and what not.) I told my editor... lied to him that I got scammed and told him to block every thing. Heís quite happy to do so. I donít know if I should tell my old work place, theyíre moving soon.

I was weak, admittedly. I paid them twice more after me first reporting cause I was intimidated. I decided to stop today because I am done and I revisited this page that reminded me why I was done.

Heís sending me messages from another number. At least now I know his name. Iíll send that to the IO I suppose.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:27 PM   #5644

Not against any religion or particular church, but if really want to help, then help. Not forcing or cut someone out just Becos never attend their service or convert to Christian.

Good intentions comes from the hearts without any ulterior motives.
To be fair, i think Ray is right. I m victim n seek help from another social group. The counsellor help me to nego with lml n give me mthly installment plan. But i hv to attend their sessions. If i fail to attend few times, installment plan will be revoked. Why? Because the counsellor has the responsibility to make sure i stop my borrowing habits and ensure i honour the mthly repayment. Imagine if everyone go to social group and ask the nego with lml, afterthat disappear and subsequently default payment plan, no lml will trust or give face to the social group in future. The lml is bound by ipto to respect the sicial group. But if debtors just make use of the counsellors to temporary fan off debt collector, the lml will have excuse not to accept nego from that social group.
Old 02-11-2018, 09:48 PM   #5645
Master Member

Well, to each of its own opinion, really. It’s not about being unappreciative. But the part about pestering people to convert, it is just a bit too sensitive on that. My friend said he is born Buddhist and he cannot convert, they shut him out. So I think if really want to help, then no obligations on choosing the religion. Help with a genuine heart and intentions.

To be fair, i think Ray is right. I m victim n seek help from another social group. The counsellor help me to nego with lml n give me mthly installment plan. But i hv to attend their sessions. If i fail to attend few times, installment plan will be revoked. Why? Because the counsellor has the responsibility to make sure i stop my borrowing habits and ensure i honour the mthly repayment. Imagine if everyone go to social group and ask the nego with lml, afterthat disappear and subsequently default payment plan, no lml will trust or give face to the social group in future. The lml is bound by ipto to respect the sicial group. But if debtors just make use of the counsellors to temporary fan off debt collector, the lml will have excuse not to accept nego from that social group.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:42 PM   #5646

Hi.... where can i get cheap cctv cam where i can fix myself.... just did a police report against 5 ALs who claimed to be from some credit company total paid to them more than wat i took......i was told to brace for harassments...im not worried about myself ... worried for my family...

Last edited by Tegibhai; 02-11-2018 at 11:46 PM..
Old 03-11-2018, 12:01 AM   #5647
Master Member

Go to Qoo10 and order online cheaper. You can self collect it at Sim Lim. Just type cctv and within your budget.

Hi.... where can i get cheap cctv cam where i can fix myself.... just did a police report against 5 ALs who claimed to be from some credit company total paid to them more than wat i took......i was told to brace for harassments...im not worried about myself ... worried for my family...
Old 03-11-2018, 02:05 AM   #5648

Hmm. Lets keep an open mind.
We are all out to seek help.

Personal opinions should all be read with open mind
Old 03-11-2018, 02:11 AM   #5649

I hope my experience allows u to make a better decision.

Without social welfare help, i wouldnt have learnt that im actually able to sought for help. Actually theres a way out..

So for those seeking advise, tnk realistically.

Life's not easy for me now. Im still being chased by uml but for sure i know, having a clean bureau in sg is impt.

I was a gd leg, not because i paid n ckear almost all accts.

Its because they know i can afford to give more.

I paid 5 digits more than than what i loaned. High price for a lesson but at least, im awake.
Old 03-11-2018, 02:12 AM   #5650

Go to Qoo10 and order online cheaper. You can self collect it at Sim Lim. Just type cctv and within your budget.
Try to choose with night vision n motion detection

Ask abt memory backup too
Old 03-11-2018, 03:12 AM   #5651

Sorry donít mind me asking, how much do you owe them?
Technically I donít owe them anything. Total 3 AL, commulative forced loan of 1600, paid in total 2350. So yah. I did not clear one AL bcos I was tired of his BS defers so I just ignored and block before **** gets worse.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:36 AM   #5652

Hopefully I can make it thru.i do know it's actually our own fear stopping us from moving on but just can't help it. Anyway will they actually show up at my workplace which is retail?
Have u made a police report? I was like u, scared for my family, my parents safety due to my curiosity and itchy fingers. But somehow, reading the posts in this forum and after talking to my IO, it gave me confidence to do what I did. The first night I left my door opened, sat at the staircase from 11pm till 5am and snacking on biscuits while waiting to pounce on suspicious ppl. The night got brighter and i went back in to sleep. The next morning AL msged asked how I liked my new door decor(he threatened to burn them). Then Iím like heehhh?? And blocked him. Explained to boss and NOK told them I got scammed aka made a loan enquiry but they transferred money without my consent but I still paid them the interest bcos they have my details and I was afraid of wat they would do if I donít pay. Thus in my mind...itís a scam and extortion. After that I blocked and ignored and just told myself what will happen next just let it happen. No point worrying unnecessarily.

For my case they never called nor came. Police told me they wonít becos they only can use wifi/3G to contact hence cannot call land lines. And obviously wonít go to our workplace(unless LML thatís a different thing) bcos they will def get caught and get heavy sentenced.

Last edited by Nik1987; 03-11-2018 at 03:39 AM..
Old 03-11-2018, 03:52 AM   #5653

GOOD JOB. youíve overcome the first hurdle of ignoring the AL and informing the ppl around you. Now itís just to be prepared for anything that might happen next. I totally understand how u are feeling now as Iím going thru my first week of ignoring them.
Old 03-11-2018, 09:21 AM   #5654
Supremacy Member

The IO who are assigned with AL cases also damn cham... every week need to deal with these sh1t

Do long also sian
Old 03-11-2018, 11:29 AM   #5655

Have u made a police report? I was like u, scared for my family, my parents safety due to my curiosity and itchy fingers. But somehow, reading the posts in this forum and after talking to my IO, it gave me confidence to do what I did. The first night I left my door opened, sat at the staircase from 11pm till 5am and snacking on biscuits while waiting to pounce on suspicious ppl. The night got brighter and i went back in to sleep. The next morning AL msged asked how I liked my new door decor(he threatened to burn them). Then Iím like heehhh?? And blocked him. Explained to boss and NOK told them I got scammed aka made a loan enquiry but they transferred money without my consent but I still paid them the interest bcos they have my details and I was afraid of wat they would do if I donít pay. Thus in my mind...itís a scam and extortion. After that I blocked and ignored and just told myself what will happen next just let it happen. No point worrying unnecessarily.

For my case they never called nor came. Police told me they wonít becos they only can use wifi/3G to contact hence cannot call land lines. And obviously wonít go to our workplace(unless LML thatís a different thing) bcos they will def get caught and get heavy sentenced.
I actually have to keep borrowing from other UML and pay the defer fees. They did allow me to clear but end up I've to re loan again to pay interest for others. In total I owed 6 UML. Got 3 is I re loan again and haven even start paying at all. I'm afraid if I go Mia they surely will come up as they haven got any payments back. This is why it's affecting me so much. I saw some bros here only owed 1000+ but already kanna splash and lock. Imagine mine total adds up to 10k plus. Cannot imagine at all what will happen. Today I've to pay one of them too but I've no ways to do it at all unless I loan again from the others. But then,it will be a borrow and defer and owe cycle again.

And no,I've not made any reports yet. Still contemplating should I just turn into airplane mode or just leave it there for them to call and text. But then I'm also afraid it might trigger them even more cos they would know I received their msgs and calls yet purposely ignoring them.

Last edited by Miracledoesnothappen; 03-11-2018 at 11:37 AM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.