HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2018, 11:43 AM   #5656

Hello guys, was wondering if anyone can help with my qns. Being sued by a creditor for bankruptcy now and attending the first hearing this month. Basically just some money owed to a friend about 60+k.

Im definitely eligible for DRS but wondering how much is the minimum income should I be earning? And im doing freelance job so not much of paper work to proof. Any advice?
Old 03-11-2018, 11:45 AM   #5657
Master Member

Even if you pay them today, how are you going to find money to pay for next week? Save yourself first. Splash and lock. Or starve and stress even more?

Use the money and buy cctv. Prepare NOK and workplace. Deactivate social media account. And brace yourself. You pay them today and it’s only a temporary way to solve it for this week. Don’t give in to their threats. And also, we have someone here who owe more than 20k and he is living a carefree and better life now.

Just stay calm and fight your inner fears.

I actually have to keep borrowing from other UML and pay the defer fees. They did allow me to clear but end up I've to re loan again to pay interest for others. In total I owed 6 UML. Got 3 is I re loan again and haven even start paying at all. I'm afraid if I go Mia they surely will come up as they haven got any payments back. This is why it's affecting me so much. I saw some bros here only owed 1000+ but already kanna splash and lock. Imagine mine total adds up to 10k plus. Cannot imagine at all what will happen. Today I've to pay one of them too but I've no ways to do it at all unless I loan again from the others. But then,it will be a borrow and defer and owe cycle again.

And no,I've not made any reports yet. Still contemplating should I just turn into airplane mode or just leave it there for them to call and text. But then I'm also afraid it might trigger them even more cos they would know I received their msgs and calls yet purposely ignoring them.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:42 PM   #5658

my situation is similar to yours... clear and reloan...it only gets u deeper into debt.....mine ive stop payment..... am going tru first wave of harrassments..... just dont pay. u will only sink deeper if u do.

I actually have to keep borrowing from other UML and pay the defer fees. They did allow me to clear but end up I've to re loan again to pay interest for others. In total I owed 6 UML. Got 3 is I re loan again and haven even start paying at all. I'm afraid if I go Mia they surely will come up as they haven got any payments back. This is why it's affecting me so much. I saw some bros here only owed 1000+ but already kanna splash and lock. Imagine mine total adds up to 10k plus. Cannot imagine at all what will happen. Today I've to pay one of them too but I've no ways to do it at all unless I loan again from the others. But then,it will be a borrow and defer and owe cycle again.

And no,I've not made any reports yet. Still contemplating should I just turn into airplane mode or just leave it there for them to call and text. But then I'm also afraid it might trigger them even more cos they would know I received their msgs and calls yet purposely ignoring them.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:49 PM   #5659

my situation is similar to yours... clear and reloan...it only gets u deeper into debt.....mine ive stop payment..... am going tru first wave of harrassments..... just dont pay. u will only sink deeper if u do.
Can I ask what have they done till now? Except for endless calls and texts. Thanks.
Old 03-11-2018, 12:50 PM   #5660
Supremacy Member

Hello guys, was wondering if anyone can help with my qns. Being sued by a creditor for bankruptcy now and attending the first hearing this month. Basically just some money owed to a friend about 60+k.

Im definitely eligible for DRS but wondering how much is the minimum income should I be earning? And im doing freelance job so not much of paper work to proof. Any advice?
This is not the correct thread in your case.

Refer to this main section > Money Mind

These are the threads you can refer to and please read as some info are already available & stated.

Huge Debts No Job - Cheap <2k Solution - DIY Self-filing Debtor's Bankruptcy - No need to jump etc

Debt consolidation Plan

Debt Management Programme (DMP) by Credit Counselling Singapore (CCS)

Note: Read and post in the relevant threads if you have any queries & questions need.
Else you can create a new thread for more suggestions & advice.
Old 03-11-2018, 02:25 PM   #5661

im in the first week still.... just endless calls and texts.... first 2 days still talk nicely... now starts to use vulgarity........

Can I ask what have they done till now? Except for endless calls and texts. Thanks.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:01 PM   #5662

Yup open n close for debts it'll b a strain especially it starts to grow.. Sorry bro look at all the bros n sis in here no matter how small the debt is still get it. The only choice is to take preventive measure.. Police report,cctv,change hp number n your bank account last up to you change your job.. Whether u clear or not they'll still squeeze you..
Old 03-11-2018, 06:06 PM   #5663

how is everyone so far?
Old 03-11-2018, 07:17 PM   #5664

im in the first week still.... just endless calls and texts.... first 2 days still talk nicely... now starts to use vulgarity........
prepare for a long drawn battle with uml. listen to the advice given here. they (uml)are done with me.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:03 PM   #5665

prepare for a long drawn battle with uml. listen to the advice given here. they (uml)are done with me.
How much is ur Loan and with how many UML? So how Long does everything takes? Anw congrats!
Old 03-11-2018, 11:53 PM   #5666

20k or 2k all same. They aim on pple easy to squeeze one.
Sure harass one la. This is what i tell myself to keep myself vigilant. But also thank god i wake up already.

Loan to defer is a vicious cycle. I cycling for 1 yr. It will never end even if u got money to clear all, somehow.. U wont get out because its convenient.

Live within ur means.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:08 AM   #5667
Supremacy Member

Hi.... where can i get cheap cctv cam where i can fix myself.... just did a police report against 5 ALs who claimed to be from some credit company total paid to them more than wat i took......i was told to brace for harassments...im not worried about myself ... worried for my family...
try to get a proper system, dont get those sd card type. buy 1/2 camera wired to a dvr put inside your house with harddisk storage, then linked to your router for handphone view, get a good one can last you few years and capture hd quality. you get the sd card later sd card kena stolen or overwritten more jialat
Old 04-11-2018, 12:06 PM   #5668

How much is ur Loan and with how many UML? So how Long does everything takes? Anw congrats!
not how much . its who you are up against. uml or lml. read up all postings for answers. our concerns are not oneself but family members who are affected by our action. our reputation destroyed is ok , not family.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:50 PM   #5669

Technically I donít owe them anything. Total 3 AL, commulative forced loan of 1600, paid in total 2350. So yah. I did not clear one AL bcos I was tired of his BS defers so I just ignored and block before **** gets worse.
So did do anything after that? coz mine also paid more than i took
Old 04-11-2018, 10:04 PM   #5670

So did do anything after that? coz mine also paid more than i took
I have given him 3 chances to settle things nicely. But still gave me BS reasons each time. He transfered me 600 and said, 900 to clear, 250 defer. I got angry but I was willing to part ways with my 300$ due to my own stupidity.

A few days before the payment day i made a police report and got assigned an IO. On the day it happened I call up my IO and the next morning went to the station to give my statement.

After that I went to the bank and close the account and opened a new one.

Did not have anymore calls, texts or threats till date.

Last edited by Nik1987; 05-11-2018 at 01:47 AM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.