Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazues

Reaction score
Thanks bro .. For the heart warming words.. I almost lost and intended to go another world.. Luckily I asked this question.. Before its too late

Messup

Reaction score
Thanks bro .. For the heart warming words.. I almost lost and intended to go another world.. Luckily I asked this question.. Before its too late

Most of us here will try to help in one way or another as most of us had our fair share of experience.

The usual advises are already spelt out to you and there is a reason why these advises remains till now.

The main thing now is how you control your mind on how you look and think about this situation you are in. That’s why most of us wants your to be calm so that you have a clear mind on what to do. Be strong so that you can overcome this hurdle.

It’s not the end of the world and you are not alone.

Reaction score
Most importantly bro... Deactivate ur social media for now... facebook... Instagram... Tik tok... Twitter and or anything that u have been using online... This is to prevent them for stealing ur and pictures of families... They can use this against u in the future...
Remove ur whatsapp/wechat profile picture...

Best is to be invincible for now... Lay low.... As time goes by... U will get ur social life back...

Headached

Reaction score
I've just read the new article in channelnewsasia. And it seems like if Work permit borrow will get barred and knock back to Malaysia...

Statement below :-

"When a work pass holder has been found to have borrowed from unlicensed moneylenders, MOM will inform the employer and revoke the work pass," said the ministries. "The foreign worker will then be repatriated and debarred from further employment in Singapore."

If u scare tk make police report dun report...change ur mobile no..the amount u pay more than ur loan...all of them using same tactic to make ppl scare..the more u scare the more they threaten u...whatever msg u get we all get oredy hahaha..
I have 5 loan i nvr make police report.i change number..5 month oredy everthing go smooth..hopefully go smooth forever...

Makminah

Reaction score
Bro Dazues
All of us here can give 1001 good advise but ultimately everything else is in your hands. Do whatever you feel is right. So sorry to hear everything that happen to you. Right now you need to cut all contacts with them and remember no matter how bad things will get, NEVER PAY THEM. They can give you soo many excuses trying to get more money from you because they feed on our fear. They know you're scared and you'll keep paying them. So right now, man up and fight against them. I know it's scary to get those threats from them and it's okay to be scared. Just that dont let those threats get to you mentally and emotionally. Stay calm each time they call and msg. Ignore them, especially those new numbers offering you loans. They are all under the same ** 'company'.
We'll never know what their next course of action will be so just stay vigilant and be prepared for the worst.

May god protect you from any harm and stay strong and safe ya. Jiayou! 💪💪

Aion99

Reaction score
I've just read the new article in channelnewsasia. And it seems like if Work permit borrow will get barred and knock back to Malaysia...

Statement below :-

"When a work pass holder has been found to have borrowed from unlicensed moneylenders, MOM will inform the employer and revoke the work pass," said the ministries. "The foreign worker will then be repatriated and debarred from further employment in Singapore."

So are you a Work Permit Holder?

Do you borrow from Licensed lenders?

Next of Kin numbers, which numbers have you submitted to the AL?

Do they have your landloard phone numbers?

Office numbers will definitely call.

Dazues

Reaction score
I make a mistake... I have given them one of my colleague number.. He now really pissed and scold alot to me. Another one I use fake number from my friend who already not using this number. Office.. **** then my HR will kill me and prepare for all crisis? :(

Dazues

Reaction score
Licensed money lender yes. I already paid the half in the first month. End of feb I'll finish paying them. I borrowed from LM first and then after UML. I'm WP holder.

Dazues

Reaction score
Everyone.. help.. What should I do now? They threaten the one I given number to them of my colleague. And post hes identity in malaysia biggest group and said wanted to find him and his mom and dad. And want his body dead and will post on fb.

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh my... you gave them your colleague number as your NOK?

Just tell hr honestly you’ve scammed as that time u have family problem and no one to turn to so u first tot go enquiring LML but end up these are actually loanshark without u knowing & been scammed for thousands even though u alr paid them base that u borrowed n now they’re asking for more.
If they make fun of you or things turn damn ugly then change work. No choice bro.

I make a mistake... I have given them one of my colleague number.. He now really pissed and scold alot to me. Another one I use fake number from my friend who already not using this number. Office.. **** then my HR will kill me and prepare for all crisis? :(

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
It’s just a scare? They won’t make them dead la. But as for posting on fb, I’ve seen a few done that already on fb. If they do it, then pls create an account saying “it’s a lie, these are loanshark”. Pls ask your Friend unlink his social media of fb ig and wechat, as soon as possible!!! Ask ur friend block his number on wechat or whatsapp if there’s harrassment.

Everyone.. help.. What should I do now? They threaten the one I given number to them of my colleague. And post hes identity in malaysia biggest group and said wanted to find him and his mom and dad. And want his body dead and will post on fb.

Last edited:

Dazues

Reaction score
First of all I borrowed from LML. But they only able to help 1.5k. I need 3k for urgent surgery issue. And I found that fb page and borrowed first of all I tot LML. Once borrowed alot issue and just noticed is AL.

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
Wa.. you made a wrong choice by putting him as NOK.

Bro just speak the truth on Monday if HR ask, just say u needed money for urgent surgery that’s why u went fb to search high & low for LML but end up they are loanshark, n u scammed up to thousands as well

He went to report police, and will sound out to everyone in office this Monday.

Aion99

Reaction score

Your colleague reported to Police already? He also a WP holder?

Please be aware that the NEW LAW which banned WP Holder "forever" if found out borrowed from AL. So you have to consider very carefully if your NOK or you need to report. To catch a person they need to have solid evidence that an illegal act has been done. A call from a stranger located in overseas saying they "intend" do something is not considered as a solid evidence.

You and your NOK all have to do is disabled/offline/take down ALL social media pictures/FB/INSTAGRAM/anything online which have your NOK or your picture.

NOK to change mobile numbers if necessary. Be prepared to receive calls on all of the contact numbers you have given to the AL.

Last edited:

Dazues

Reaction score
Just did report to police. They wanted to cancelled all my bank account, mobile no and also my WP. And mostly send me back to Malaysia. Seriously I dont know they were UML.. My life ruined....

Messup

Reaction score
L
Just did report to police. They wanted to cancelled all my bank account, mobile no and also my WP. And mostly send me back to Malaysia. Seriously I dont know they were UML.. My life ruined....

Sad to hear that. Be strong and take it as a lesson learnt.

Pray that you will be alright and live well

Last edited:

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry to hear this news. Hope all is well soon.

Super lost

Reaction score

No worries bro ... u able to start fresh in Malaysia as long as u work hard every where can earn ... do take care and dun think you much ... life still goes on .... stay positive and move on ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.