HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree148Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2018, 10:45 PM   #5761

Not always in such cases. Some are meant to scam. So if lost IC just lodge a police report.
But ah long will loan to stolen ic one not? HAHA damn paranoid
Old 12-11-2018, 02:10 AM   #5762
Master Member

How old are you? Why so naive and gullible? Lost or stolen IC and AL will definitely be involved?

But ah long will loan to stolen ic one not? HAHA damn paranoid
Old 12-11-2018, 10:15 AM   #5763

Bro I think your IQ is not low to think al do not vet the person before parting their money. Having your face and address are not good enough to qualify for a loan.

How old are you? Why so naive and gullible? Lost or stolen IC and AL will definitely be involved?

Why need to give? Donít go to Loanshark pls. You can read a lot of stories and OST experiences here. Donít be a victim and put yourself in jeopardy.

No la cos i've heard my friend say if you lose ur ic people can take and loan from loan shark?

Old 12-11-2018, 10:32 AM   #5764
Master Member

Precisely. Seriously I think he is just asking for fun to test water to see if he use the excuse if he lost his Ic and will be able to get loan from loansharks.

Why start a fire when you can’t pull it off? Nothing to be paranoid about. If lose your Ic, lodge a police report. Period. No need to think what if someone use it for AL. Even so, whoever pick up your Ic won’t know much about your employment history, NOK number, or your Cpf of hdb details.

Again, pls use your common sense.

Bro I think your IQ is not low to think al do not vet the person before parting their money. Having your face and address are not good enough to qualify for a loan.

Why need to give? Don’t go to Loanshark pls. You can read a lot of stories and OST experiences here. Don’t be a victim and put yourself in jeopardy.

No la cos i've heard my friend say if you lose ur ic people can take and loan from loan shark?

Old 12-11-2018, 12:41 PM   #5765
Supremacy Member

liken loansharks to fire or quicksand

once u touched it, you will either be burned or drowned

those who are tempting to loan from them, think twice, thrice and 10 times
Old 12-11-2018, 01:01 PM   #5766

U loan 1k and have to pay back more than the initial amt in less than a month. Every week u got to churn out hundreds of dollars to pay them. If you have any financial issues don't borrow from them, u will not be able to pay. If you really can pay back everything with interest in such a short period of time... U are better off saving that money for urself, pay ur bills etc.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:22 PM   #5767

After reading all the replies in this thread, I also decided to pluck my courage and put a stop to this extortion.

I have stopped paying and reported police. Now waiting for IO to call back. Going bank change account no. and buy CCTV today.

For social media what will they do? I read the rest so far but bot much on social media.

Last edited by goragora; 12-11-2018 at 01:44 PM..
Old 12-11-2018, 02:55 PM   #5768
Master Member

They will usually save your photos if you set it on public. Especially those with your family. And also pm your friends. Just to get to you. So best is to deactivate all of it.

After reading all the replies in this thread, I also decided to pluck my courage and put a stop to this extortion.

I have stopped paying and reported police. Now waiting for IO to call back. Going bank change account no. and buy CCTV today.

For social media what will they do? I read the rest so far but bot much on social media.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:04 PM   #5769

I already deactivated and put everything to private yesterday. Just afraid some may have gotten out before I put to private.

They will usually save your photos if you set it on public. Especially those with your family. And also pm your friends. Just to get to you. So best is to deactivate all of it.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:58 PM   #5770
Master Member

How long since you stopped paying them?

I already deactivated and put everything to private yesterday. Just afraid some may have gotten out before I put to private.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:07 PM   #5771

Less than a week.

How long since you stopped paying them?
Old 12-11-2018, 05:36 PM   #5772

Less than a week.
any calls or harassment from them ?
Old 12-11-2018, 05:51 PM   #5773

Calls and Whatsapp have lah, but informed colleagues, NOK, so all blocked and just block everything.

any calls or harassment from them ?
Old 12-11-2018, 07:09 PM   #5774
Master Member

Install cctv for now. You can go Qoo10 and find some cheap ones just to withstand for the time period. Most importantly don’t give in to their threats.

Calls and Whatsapp have lah, but informed colleagues, NOK, so all blocked and just block everything.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:50 PM   #5775

I bought CCTV already, need some extra tools, then install it up later.

Install cctv for now. You can go Qoo10 and find some cheap ones just to withstand for the time period. Most importantly don’t give in to their threats.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.