Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makminah

Reaction score
Hi i am victim of UML.. and draining my resources already.. im a work pass holder here. Can someone can give advise should i make a police report? Because ive heard there is a new policy. Im so lost already..

Brother, they know that you're scared of losing your work pass permit and will extort all ways to get money from you. Unless you dont mind paying them throughout your whole life, by all means dont report and continue with whatever you're doing.

If not, stop communicating with them and make the police report. Tell them the truth and make sure you tell them you got scammed. Show them all the evidence. Listen to their advise and ask them what is your next step. Inform your workplace too cause most likely they will start harassing your workplace and whoever you put as NOK..

Makminah

Reaction score
I do apologise in advance if my words is going to be abit harsh in this post.

For the new victims, kindly take some time to read up the previous post and try to understand that whatever advise the brothers and sisters gave here, it wont stop the f*cking loan scammers from harrassing you BUT it will some how help you to go through this difficult stage knowing that you are not alone. Personally this thread gave me the courage to fight against this idiots and now, it's been almost 3 months since I last paid them. Thank god nothing happen to my house and I am praying hard nothing will in the future.

Stop asking whether or not you should make a police report. For goodness sake, JUST MAKE THE DAMN POLICE REPORT. If you are diligent enough to get yourself into the sh*t, I am very sure you are diligent enough to be able to read the previous post. Dont be lazy la please. Bear in mind that we are all victims here. So long you can provide proof that you've been scammed, the police cannot charge you with anything. You did not commit a crime. So stop asking things like, should I make a police report it is pretty much annoyying maybe not to others but it is to me. I know you're scared but at the end of the day, it's your life. And I am just another stranger trying to help others cause I went thru the same sh*t too. So it's still all up to you.
DONT BE LAZY AND START READING THE PREVIOUS POSTS. OH YA, PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS AN PUBLIC SPACE. ANY TOM, DICK AND HARRY CAN COME IN HERE AND READ. JUST BE MINDFUL OF WHAT YOU POST AND TRY NOT TO GIVE OUT TOO MUCH INFORMATION. YOU DONT KNOW WHO IS WHO IN HERE.

May god protect us all ya. *peace ✌

Last edited:

Fear Less

Reaction score
Mak, you have a kind heart as mentioned by me before. Inspite of your problem with scammers , you kept advising others. Yes it is indeed stressful to cope.
Even bro Delceer advised new victims to read up.
Yes they MUST read up past threads to match their experience and decide the next course of action.
This is a thankless job , no reward or incentive to keep us going. Its simply volunteerism.

I also want to thank those who voluntarily come back to help while wait out the harrassments.

I do apologise in advance if my words is going to be abit harsh in this post.

For the new victims, kindly take some time to read up the previous post and try to understand that whatever advise the brothers and sisters gave here, it wont stop the f*cking loan scammers from harrassing you BUT it will some how help you to go through this difficult stage knowing that you are not alone. Personally this thread gave me the courage to fight against this idiots and now, it's been almost 3 months since I last paid them. Thank god nothing happen to my house and I am praying hard nothing will in the future.

Stop asking whether or not you should make a police report. For goodness sake, JUST MAKE THE DAMN POLICE REPORT. If you are diligent enough to get yourself into the sh*t, I am very sure you are diligent enough to be able to read the previous post. Dont be lazy la please. Bear in mind that we are all victims here. So long you can provide proof that you've been scammed, the police cannot charge you with anything. You did not commit a crime. So stop asking things like, should I make a police report it is pretty much annoyying maybe not to others but it is to me. I know you're scared but at the end of the day, it's your life. And I am just another stranger trying to help others cause I went thru the same sh*t too. So it's still all up to you.
DONT BE LAZY AND START READING THE PREVIOUS POSTS. OH YA, PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS IS AN PUBLIC SPACE. ANY TOM, DICK AND HARRY CAN COME IN HERE AND READ. JUST BE MINDFUL OF WHAT YOU POST AND TRY NOT TO GIVE OUT TOO MUCH INFORMATION. YOU DONT KNOW WHO IS WHO IN HERE.

May god protect us all ya. *peace ✌

green72

Reaction score
I too agree with makminah. Just make the Police report. I believe if there's are surge of this UML activities, who knows SPF will expedite their investigations.

SPF was quick to assign an I/O to me after I've made the report. Personally this issue has drained the life out of me becoz I'm more worried for my family. Suicidal thoughts does creep in occasionally. If such thoughts is overwhelming, I plan to call SOS for counselling to help me cope.

I do wonder why can't the banks and telcos have a policy combating this problem. Cut-off their money laundering activities by suspending bank account and also suspending phone numbers swiftly in case where UML activities is suspected can severely cripple their modus operandi.

FYI, I have a list of UML advert sms numbers. Suddenly the floodgates opened. Either SPF or somebody can blacklist.Yes, these UML can probably buy 100 sim cards but if everyday get reported and block, can make it difficult for them.

Can you imagine, at this hour I'm still up discussing this. Short of either suicide or becoming a vigilante, I feel kind of useless these past few days.

It may amount to nothing but the threat is real.

Last edited:

Makminah

Reaction score
Mak, you have a kind heart as mentioned by me before. Inspite of your problem with scammers , you kept advising others. Yes it is indeed stressful to cope.
Even bro Delceer advised new victims to read up.
Yes they MUST read up past threads to match their experience and decide the next course of action.
This is a thankless job , no reward or incentive to keep us going. Its simply volunteerism.

I also want to thank those who voluntarily come back to help while wait out the harrassments.

Thank you for your kind words. Appreciate it alot. Yes, please do take some time to read up and understand. Sorry if my words comes off as rude but we need to emphasize that making the police report is crucial.

Whatever it is, I hope everyone stay strong and safe ya. We can do this. Jiayou! 💪

Makminah

Reaction score
I too agree with makminah. Just make the Police report. I believe if there's are surge of this UML activities, who knows SPF will expedite their investigations.

SPF was quick to assign an I/O to me after I've made the report. Personally this issue has drained the life out of me becoz I'm more worried for my family. Suicidal thoughts does creep in occasionally. If such thoughts is overwhelming, I plan to call SOS for counselling to help me cope.

I do wonder why can't the banks and telcos have a policy combating this problem. Cut-off their money laundering activities by suspending bank account and also suspending phone numbers swiftly in case where UML activities is suspected can severely cripple their modus operandi.

Can you imagine, at this hour I'm still up discussing this. Short of either suicide or becoming a vigilante, I feel kind of useless these past few days.

It may amount to nothing but the threat is real.

Hey bro. Truly understand how you feel. Was there in your shoes afew months back. Lost money, lost friends along the way but life goes on.
Talk to someone if it gets too overwhelming for you. It really helps to keep yourself sane. I remembered crying everyday during lunch time back then cause they would call and text non stop for hours.
It affected my work and my health. But all is well now, thanks to my dearest brothers and sisters here. They give me the courage to stop if not I would have continue to pay them up till now.

I hope you stay mentally and emotionally strong. It is hard and stressful but it will get better soon. Take care ya.

Reaction score
I have 2 numbers to contact. One for watsapp conversation, the other only direct call.

Even if they ask for cancellation fee and provide me with an account, I thinking sending back only amount I receive and prepare myself.

Now thinking of not giving them a single cent more.

Am I doing the right thing? Thursday is the 1st payment.

Sorry to hear of your situation. We know exactly what you are going through.

Do not pay them no matter what they say, they use lies and fear to try and make you. Just block all communication.

And if you ever feel unsafe or see suspicious people around your house, do not hesitate to call 999.

Other advice is here:
FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

PM if clueless.

Souijuro77

Reaction score
For all who got loan scams, shouldn’t we post the numbers and contact info of these scammers in a cosolidated thread so all knows about it? If not, can PM me and I’ll consolidate?

Fear Less

Reaction score
Bro. They got plenty of numbers to burn .
Also whats good if we consol the numbers ? The people here are a small percentage of whats happening outside this forum . Data collection of ls numbers should be best left to spf .
We all here are in defence mode and damage control situation.

Good morning bro JLeague. Thought you had a long cny. I have an idea on preventive measure. It will require man hours alamak also woman hours to diseminate information via phone app ie using whatsapp which is almost free.
If you think positively about this idea , maybe we can meet at the police station ( clear ourselves).
I am sure many here knew IO orinspector and ask .

As I have said , this is volunteer work.
Its so sickening to see family and career wrecked under loan scam situation. Past posts by other bros revealed that police will only take action when scene of crime take place. Spf cant do much about phone harrassment. They will tell you to stop comm and ignore.

For all who got loan scams, shouldn’t we post the numbers and contact info of these scammers in a cosolidated thread so all knows about it? If not, can PM me and I’ll consolidate?

green72

Reaction score
Quick update.

I/O at SPF reiterate not to contact the UML.

Also was advised to bring Police Report to town council for approval if I decide to install cctv myself at my property.

The message here is break all contact with these LS.

AfraidPerson

Reaction score
Hi there, I’ve been a victim for 8 months now.

I’ve finally got the courage to block them today.
I do not know what I’ll be facing but I’ll update again for those who are still facing this circumstances.

They will continually ask you to pay, have “accidental transfers” and the latest one I got is, the person you always talk to is on leave. I am just here to ask you to pay.

I’ve made a police report but it’s of no use.
I’ve taken the first step, to change your bank account.
To stop them from transferring you again.

I’ve taken the first step but I’m honestly still afraid.
It’s about the embarrassment we got to go through and all hopefully will be ok.

Thanks for all the advice here, it’s better than what police have said.
And I know I’m not alone in this.

Lamedino

Reaction score
Hello all! First of all thank you to those you shares their experiences and kind advices.For me it all started yesterday.I enquired about loan in FB.the process and how the repayment like.
My intention was to help my husband.Somehow i was so stupid when he ask for my IC details,bank details.I gave them when they say they need it to check their system whether im eligible or not.Very stupid of me i even tell them where i work.Now im scared.

I did ask too if he is from a Licensed company in the convo and he mentioned yes.even provide me company name
Hours later he whatsapp me and and tell me that $300 is transferred to my account.I replied and say No i didnt make any confirmation i didnt say yes and why you transfer me $300? He said it was a trial loan from his company.I called back the number he provide.Told him I dont want the money,give me the payment details and i will transfer back ASAP.He told me he will give the details only next week for payment.
I told him again and again i dont want to wait longer but he didnt listen.
This is some of what he told me:
*When u rec my acc u must ack first then bank in. If u did not ack my acc n bank in, what amt u pay also not counted. Take note
*cut off time 5pm.

I know i have to let my husband know.Im staying with my two young kids..my blind mom and husband.i am truly sorry i have to drag them into all these.so lastnight i made a police report.called up the bank to freeze my card.just now went to bank to have the amount transfer back to the account but cant.i went to Sim Lim to get a CCTV installed too.The moneylender whatsapp me two receipt of ATM and by internet banking.

I then called up my IO.she advised me to just wait for their call.when they call they sure ask for more money.Dont pay more or less.just pay what they transfer and ignore anything from them .
Tomorrow i want to terminate my number.But i am worried sick after i read some exp saying that they will splash paint..go to workplace..lock the gate.I just have to blame myself now.Havent been able to eat since yesterday.no appetite even for a sip of water.I am now wondering what will happen next

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
Your bank unable to return the money?

My situation is not a lot better than yours. At least you have installed a CCTV. For you and your family sake you eat and drink to have the physical and mental strength to stay strong. I too have to force myself to replenish myself and even force myself to sleep. We have to.

For myself, I'm the head of the family like your husband and sole bread winner and this adds up for me a lot. I can say, stay strong but I know it's easier said than done.

Last edited:

Lamedino

Reaction score
Yes.Bank not able to transfer back.Thank you for your kind words.I wish you well for your safety too and hope everything will be over and done for u very very soon and for the rest of the victims here too.
Frankly,i feel a bit better after reading up comments here..its just that now im so worried.its my very first time.I am really stupid in all these.What will happen next..how and what are usually LS activities/tactics..whats next? Whats next? Just too scared.
Your bank unable to return the money?

My situation is not a lot better than yours. At least you have installed a CCTV. For you and your family sake you eat and drink to have the physical and mental strength to stay strong. I too have to force myself to replenish myself and even force myself to sleep. We have to.

For myself, I'm the head of the family like your husband and sole bread winner and this adds up for me a lot. I can say, stay strong but I know it's easier said than done.

123def

Reaction score
This morning I kena for the 2nd time. Called the police, they helped to cut the chain and I showed them my cctv footage ... runner never wear mask, wear bright coloured tee, everything in the footage so clear. Now all I can do is wait, pray and tahan ..... And they also assigned my case to new IO.

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello sister. Don’t worry they will never go to your work place. But in fact the most they will keep harass your office as you provided them details of. Yes you did the right thing by closing account & for the money wise, doesn’t able to trf back, so just keep the money. Install CCTV asap before the harassment starts. And do not open the door if there’s unknown people whom are knocking the door as they might be runner whom sent by LS to take pic of to send and threaten you more from there. You’re not alone, we’ll try to help you as much from now. Please do eat and drink as life continues, and you need to be strong to face this. Cheers!

Yes.Bank not able to transfer back.Thank you for your kind words.I wish you well for your safety too and hope everything will be over and done for u very very soon and for the rest of the victims here too.
Frankly,i feel a bit better after reading up comments here..its just that now im so worried.its my very first time.I am really stupid in all these.What will happen next..how and what are usually LS activities/tactics..whats next? Whats next? Just too scared.

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
Yup bro don’t worry after harassment in fact police & IO will do something abt it alr. Stay strong bro. 👍

This morning I kena for the 2nd time. Called the police, they helped to cut the chain and I showed them my cctv footage ... runner never wear mask, wear bright coloured tee, everything in the footage so clear. Now all I can do is wait, pray and tahan ..... And they also assigned my case to new IO.

Lamedino

Reaction score
Ok.i will take note of it.Wont anyhow open the door.i havent been able to eat yet except drink.I cant sleep.Waiting for the call is just too painful.So now should i terminate my handphone line?what about my NOK line that i provide them?terminate too?
Hello sister. Don’t worry they will never go to your work place. But in fact the most they will keep harass your office as you provided them details of. Yes you did the right thing by closing account & for the money wise, doesn’t able to trf back, so just keep the money. Install CCTV asap before the harassment starts. And do not open the door if there’s unknown people whom are knocking the door as they might be runner whom sent by LS to take pic of to send and threaten you more from there. You’re not alone, we’ll try to help you as much from now. Please do eat and drink as life continues, and you need to be strong to face this. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.