Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
Don’t have to terminate, just block them will do. As for your office no just be frank with them that you’ve been scammed.

Ok.i will take note of it.Wont anyhow open the door.i havent been able to eat yet except drink.I cant sleep.Waiting for the call is just too painful.So now should i terminate my handphone line?what about my NOK line that i provide them?terminate too?

Hanadeli

Reaction score
Illegal Moneylenders

Have anyone heard or have experience with STR Credit ? They claim their office at Boon Lay and even address but that address belong to Money Max.

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
I just googled there’s no STR credit. Most probably that’s a loanshark company. If there’s anything in doubt of, always Google.

Have anyone heard or have experience with STR Credit ? They claim their office at Boon Lay and even address but that address belong to Money Max.

Noloonger

Reaction score
I recently also got scammed by this company called fast credit. Started off in a respond to a sms adv and that msia chinese accented guy assure me that he is just a telemarketeer helping me to source for loan. After submitted the required documents, he started off with a $600 trial and to return $900 in 5 days.He assured me that the loan will be disbursed after the trial with an agreement. So within 5 days i returned the $900 and after that he told me that my loan is approved subjected to an account opening fee of $1500. All the fees and $300 trial balance will be refunded upon transferring of $1500. I refused to transfer $1500 stating that i do not have enough money and he(telemarketing guy) said that he will speak to his boss to help mento reduce the fees and at the meantime asked me to find money so that i can start my loan. After dragging a few days, he asked me how, i told him couldnt find any help. I knew something was wrong at that time and ask if he could verify that the loan was from a legit source. However he couldn't and i told him that i would not want to continue.He told me his boss will call me to settle the issue. After a short while his boss called and told me to settle a $1000 admin charges so that he will destroy whatever documents i submitted andnfor his servicesbas well. I told him you still have a balance of $300 extra from my trial. Why should i give you more and asked him back if what he doing is legal. From there on he turned nasty with all the vulgarities and threat and i shouted back with the same attitude. He hang up shortly to told me to watch out and his telemarketeer follow up with nasty attitude and threat videos. After that i went to make a police report and did not respond to any calls. All communication was done via watsapp and you couldnt call their phone directly. Next day IO follow up with me to understand more details and so far there has been no follow up from the boss and telemarketeer guy. They just feed on our fear. The more we give in the more they are striving. What we can do i feel is to gather together to support each other and not give in to their demands until they have been caught. We just need to spread more public awareness and hope that their runners who initially was like us but give in to them to wake up and fight back. Unity is strength against them.

Reaction score
Ok.i will take note of it.Wont anyhow open the door.i havent been able to eat yet except drink.I cant sleep.Waiting for the call is just too painful.So now should i terminate my handphone line?what about my NOK line that i provide them?terminate too?

If afraid, cut off all, once they can't contact you, they will give up faster.

Do eat and drink, these guys are just shadows and if they ever harass, ensure cctv captures them, police will take care.

Stay strong!

Makminah

Reaction score
This morning I kena for the 2nd time. Called the police, they helped to cut the chain and I showed them my cctv footage ... runner never wear mask, wear bright coloured tee, everything in the footage so clear. Now all I can do is wait, pray and tahan ..... And they also assigned my case to new IO.

Oh no. 2nd time come up your house? How long has it been since you last contacted them?

Makminah

Reaction score
Hello all! First of all thank you to those you shares their experiences and kind advices.For me it all started yesterday.I enquired about loan in FB.the process and how the repayment like.
My intention was to help my husband.Somehow i was so stupid when he ask for my IC details,bank details.I gave them when they say they need it to check their system whether im eligible or not.Very stupid of me i even tell them where i work.Now im scared.

I did ask too if he is from a Licensed company in the convo and he mentioned yes.even provide me company name
Hours later he whatsapp me and and tell me that $300 is transferred to my account.I replied and say No i didnt make any confirmation i didnt say yes and why you transfer me $300? He said it was a trial loan from his company.I called back the number he provide.Told him I dont want the money,give me the payment details and i will transfer back ASAP.He told me he will give the details only next week for payment.
I told him again and again i dont want to wait longer but he didnt listen.
This is some of what he told me:
*When u rec my acc u must ack first then bank in. If u did not ack my acc n bank in, what amt u pay also not counted. Take note
*cut off time 5pm.

I know i have to let my husband know.Im staying with my two young kids..my blind mom and husband.i am truly sorry i have to drag them into all these.so lastnight i made a police report.called up the bank to freeze my card.just now went to bank to have the amount transfer back to the account but cant.i went to Sim Lim to get a CCTV installed too.The moneylender whatsapp me two receipt of ATM and by internet banking.

I then called up my IO.she advised me to just wait for their call.when they call they sure ask for more money.Dont pay more or less.just pay what they transfer and ignore anything from them .
Tomorrow i want to terminate my number.But i am worried sick after i read some exp saying that they will splash paint..go to workplace..lock the gate.I just have to blame myself now.Havent been able to eat since yesterday.no appetite even for a sip of water.I am now wondering what will happen next

Hi dear. First of all I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you.

I hope you stayed strong for yourself and family okay. The start is never easy, you will feel very stress out but you need to be emotionally and mentally strong.
Since you already did the necessary actions, just hold on a little longer and continue on with life. This scammers feed on our fears. Once they sense it, they will definitely use it against us to get more money.

I suggest you talk to someone you're comfortable with and trust. It helps having someone around to listen to you. Let it all out to that person and get back up stronger. I really hope everything will end well for you.

May god protect each and everyone of us here. Jiayou! 💪

Lamedino

Reaction score
Thank you for your kind advice I still cant eat..since wednesday.iam not hungry.just drink plain water..milk to make me energise.I just couldnt but i know i must try.I think maybe becos its my 1st time being in this kind of situation.i am just one boring-stay alone person.i dont mix around much.Friends mostly Hi and Bye kknda thing.I am more to my family.So when i see my husband is in need of helping hand..i just couldnt let him face it alone.I really dont expect myself to be in these.Now im just dragging my family into my mistake.I really hope it wont go to the extend of very very bad.I am so scared seriously.Thanks to you and everyone who sahres their experiences here.Somehow after reading up..i felt a lot better and makes me wanna stand up and like fight the LS!!! I really hope to those who is still into all this pls read up and be strong.Lets help motivate each other.lets hope our ordeals will end very fast.pray hard everyone!
If afraid, cut off all, once they can't contact you, they will give up faster.

Do eat and drink, these guys are just shadows and if they ever harass, ensure cctv captures them, police will take care.

Stay strong!

Last edited:

Lamedino

Reaction score
Hello! Thanks for your advice but i just couldnt imagine or think what may happen next.now waiting for their call is just killing me inside out.I dont know what they will say or do next.All i want to do is quickly transfer back the $300 they credited and just keep quiet.Thats what my IO say.transfer..no need to let them know and just ignore every single thing.after reading up here i know what may happen but i really hope please dont happen to me..even if it happens..pls dont get really bad.i have my blind mom at home and two young kids.I am so scared if they do anything to them.my mom sometimes walk around under void deck to refresh herself.She walk slowly.What if they bump into her in the front door or the kids while going or coming from sch.I just cannot think anymore.
Hi dear. First of all I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you.

I hope you stayed strong for yourself and family okay. The start is never easy, you will feel very stress out but you need to be emotionally and mentally strong.
Since you already did the necessary actions, just hold on a little longer and continue on with life. This scammers feed on our fears. Once they sense it, they will definitely use it against us to get more money.

I suggest you talk to someone you're comfortable with and trust. It helps having someone around to listen to you. Let it all out to that person and get back up stronger. I really hope everything will end well for you.

May god protect each and everyone of us here. Jiayou! 💪

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
For now sister don’t think so much. Keep the money, don’t xfer anymore sister. They will ask more if they know your soft spot. Tell ur mum and kids don’t anyhow open door when someone knock. Please eat and drink. Take care.

Hello! Thanks for your advice but i just couldnt imagine or think what may happen next.now waiting for their call is just killing me inside out.I dont know what they will say or do next.All i want to do is quickly transfer back the $300 they credited and just keep quiet.Thats what my IO say.transfer..no need to let them know and just ignore every single thing.after reading up here i know what may happen but i really hope please dont happen to me..even if it happens..pls dont get really bad.i have my blind mom at home and two young kids.I am so scared if they do anything to them.my mom sometimes walk around under void deck to refresh herself.She walk slowly.What if they bump into her in the front door or the kids while going or coming from sch.I just cannot think anymore.

Lamedino

Reaction score
So the $300 they credited to my account..pay back or not? They did mention about defer payment of $150.but IO say transfer back $300 no more or less.can help me
Pay back or how? I dont ask for it i dont take any loans.i never say yes or anything to the loan yet they transfer me the amount.
For now sister don’t think so much. Keep the money, don’t xfer anymore sister. They will ask more if they know your soft spot. Tell ur mum and kids don’t anyhow open door when someone knock. Please eat and drink. Take care.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
So the $300 they credited to my account..pay back or not? They did mention about defer payment of $150.but IO say transfer back $300 no more or less.can help me
Pay back or how? I dont ask for it i dont take any loans.i never say yes or anything to the loan yet they transfer me the amount.

Same situation but my amt more. Banks and SPF so far are ambiguous about what to do with the money.
Contact by home line or hp with them I blocked. I inform my situation at workplace and my colleague will be aware.

Other than that, they are welcome for home visits. My CCTV & SPF will take care of it.

I'll just parked the money in my new bank account and wait it out. What else can I do?

Let's continue to share our experience but be mindful of personal information. Scammers of every form is lurking on the web.

Davidfool

Reaction score
https://www.police.gov.sg/news-and-publications/media-releases/20190228_arrest_111_arrested_in_anti_loansharking_blitz_CID

Please see the update.

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
Most likely ah if you wanna xfer them, they come with something like “oh today no account, full alr” so you defer. You’ll keep on paying $150. More than the amt they xfer which is overpaying. Hmm I would say wait until the week they texted you with their account number and you should tell them you wanna xfer $300 back as you didn’t promise to take up loan from them. I’m afraid they’ll come up with method like “U say $300 mean $300 ah” “its alr in your acc it means u took the loan alr mai gei siao” and kept on harassing u. it’s either you xfer them back the $300 or keep the money. Police and bank can’t do anything one unless they legit send runner come up to ur place then that’s where police will work on it closely. If not, they don’t give any fk one sister.

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
Good move, glad u have such understanding company and colleagues. Usually SPF and bank can’t do any fk about it. Unless there’s harassment then they will work closely about it. They’ll use other random number to call you just block. Ask ur NOK to block too.

Ur nightmare will end soon bro don’t worry

Same situation but my amt more. Banks and SPF so far are ambiguous about what to do with the money.
Contact by home line or hp with them I blocked. I inform my situation at workplace and my colleague will be aware.

Other than that, they are welcome for home visits. My CCTV & SPF will take care of it.

I'll just parked the money in my new bank account and wait it out. What else can I do?

Let's continue to share our experience but be mindful of personal information. Scammers of every form is lurking on the web.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I recently also got scammed by this company called fast credit. Started off in a respond to a sms adv and that msia chinese accented guy assure me that he is just a telemarketeer helping me to source for loan. After submitted the required documents, he started off with a $600 trial and to return $900 in 5 days.He assured me that the loan will be disbursed after the trial with an agreement. So within 5 days i returned the $900 and after that he told me that my loan is approved subjected to an account opening fee of $1500. All the fees and $300 trial balance will be refunded upon transferring of $1500. I refused to transfer $1500 stating that i do not have enough money and he(telemarketing guy) said that he will speak to his boss to help mento reduce the fees and at the meantime asked me to find money so that i can start my loan. After dragging a few days, he asked me how, i told him couldnt find any help. I knew something was wrong at that time and ask if he could verify that the loan was from a legit source. However he couldn't and i told him that i would not want to continue.He told me his boss will call me to settle the issue. After a short while his boss called and told me to settle a $1000 admin charges so that he will destroy whatever documents i submitted andnfor his servicesbas well. I told him you still have a balance of $300 extra from my trial. Why should i give you more and asked him back if what he doing is legal. From there on he turned nasty with all the vulgarities and threat and i shouted back with the same attitude. He hang up shortly to told me to watch out and his telemarketeer follow up with nasty attitude and threat videos. After that i went to make a police report and did not respond to any calls. All communication was done via watsapp and you couldnt call their phone directly. Next day IO follow up with me to understand more details and so far there has been no follow up from the boss and telemarketeer guy. They just feed on our fear. The more we give in the more they are striving. What we can do i feel is to gather together to support each other and not give in to their demands until they have been caught. We just need to spread more public awareness and hope that their runners who initially was like us but give in to them to wake up and fight back. Unity is strength against them.

No need scared of them.
They only talk big on the phone.
See the person expression, he's not even dare to look up.
How fierce can it be for keyboard warrior ?

The-Internet-has-created-the-bravest-cowards.jpg

Noloonger

Reaction score
For scam cases, besides harassment. Do they actually send ppl to your house? Cos we dont owe them anything. What is owe is what they claim like exhorbitant admin charges?

pls_help_me

Reaction score
For scam cases, besides harassment. Do they actually send ppl to your house? Cos we dont owe them anything. What is owe is what they claim like exhorbitant admin charges?

they might send people to scare you by snapping pictures of the outside of your house and maybe knocking on the door

meh just ignore them
if they sense fear from you because they sent people over, they will demand more money from you, and maybe some extra because they went through the trouble of getting people to contact you

Hanadeli

Reaction score

exactly, same to me i did not owe or take money from them instead i gave them. And now we are in fear. I already make police report and tomorrow i will have to tell this while story to my boss so he understand as I worried he come to my workplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.