HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2018, 01:57 AM   #5836

He refuse to pass me the office address...
Lml scared u run because they r govern by law. They will surely ask u sign before giving u money.

Trial loan is commom for lml too bit mus sign first.

Dont dare tell u off add alr a sign of illegal stuff
Old 22-11-2018, 02:48 AM   #5837

Hokkien - lan lan...
Means nothing they can do.

chulu what is LL?
Old 22-11-2018, 02:50 AM   #5838

Go chk their address before paying them. I kanna con by phoney address

Have you verified his office address already? Looked like real LML or just another victim?
For 300, even if you don't pay anything they are unlikely will bother you much.
Old 22-11-2018, 10:55 AM   #5839

I see... thanks

Hokkien - lan lan...
Means nothing they can do.
Old 22-11-2018, 04:50 PM   #5840

As long as you genuinely didn't do it, nothing will happen. Just tell the truth, show the sms from uml regarding loan and payment instruction. Don't worry too much on this matter. After that, close the account and open new one, don't touch uml anymore, don't give uml your new bank account, just tell them account freeze by police, and block them subsequently.
Thks for the advice but now im worry about how to talk to my wife today got other loan to pay and got my wife number... Anyone can advice thks
Old 22-11-2018, 05:18 PM   #5841
Master Member

You really need to talk to your wife and come clean with it. You will feel relieved. Yes, scolding and nagging will follow. But she have the right to know as well. As those idiots will keep harass her. You need to be fair to her as well. And best to warn her to change her WhatsApp profile picture in case those idiots save it and use it to threaten you even more.

Thks for the advice but now im worry about how to talk to my wife today got other loan to pay and got my wife number... Anyone can advice thks
Old 22-11-2018, 05:40 PM   #5842

Yeah agree.
Dont let them feel cheated

You really need to talk to your wife and come clean with it. You will feel relieved. Yes, scolding and nagging will follow. But she have the right to know as well. As those idiots will keep harass her. You need to be fair to her as well. And best to warn her to change her WhatsApp profile picture in case those idiots save it and use it to threaten you even more.
Old 22-11-2018, 06:39 PM   #5843

Dear Bros And Sis,

I would like to my account of my encounter with UML.

Somewhere about 2 weeks back, I got a text from a unknown number,offering a loan package. As I was in need of cash,I took up a 1k loan from this AL, and the arrangement was to settle it at 1.3k the following week.

5 days into the loan, the AL text me and asked for payment. As I do not wish for the matter to be blown out of proportion, I decided to settle the loan with him. To cut a long story short, I settled the amount of 1.3k with him. However a few days later, this MF claimed I ran away with his money, and he did not receive a single cent.As I see no point in reasoning with him, I blocked him on whatsapp and fark care him.And he began to harass my family, as well as my work place. He started off by ordering fast food in my name, and sent them to my home and office. Afterwhich, he called up my office and told my office I cheated his money and demanded that my office get me to contact him ASAP, else he will continue with the harassment. Eventually, things got out of hand and my HR got to learn of this, and I am facing the prospect of losing my job. I filed a Police report on this, but the constant harassment did not stop there.

Fearing for the safety of my family, I installed a CCTV outside my unit, and this scumbag actually sent people to loiter outside my unit. Just yesterday,I spotted a dubious fella loitering outside my unit at around 11pm,and i immediately called the Police. Police came within 5 mins, and I believe the dubious fella was caught and brought back for investigation. This was not this end. Shortly after,my cctv caught another fella loitering outside my unit, as if to do some recce.However,Police was unable to nab any one this time round. All these happened despite me settling my debts promptly.

Anyone had similar encounter? Please share and advise
Old 22-11-2018, 06:47 PM   #5844
Master Member

@larryford

This is their tactic. For now, do deactivate all your social media accounts to prevent them from saving your personal photos. And also just don’t give in to their threats. They can’t force you to pay any more than you should. They will give you all sorts of excuses. Claiming not to receive your money and all. You don’t need to entertain them. Now, you just need to try and find another job and also change your mobile number and also close your bank account and open another one. Any transaction from your bank will considered as illegal moneylending activities even if you try to transfer them money back for repayment.

And most importantly, now you need to calm your mind and thoughts. You will need the mental strength to fight them.
Old 22-11-2018, 06:51 PM   #5845

@Jimmy

Hi bro, thanks for your reply.

The fact about losing the job is really depressing,but i guess i am mentally prepared. I am just very lost,but thankful that my family is behind me thru this ordeal despite the harassment. I do admit that this will be a tough period. That MF is relentlessly still harassing my office, to the extent my mgmt had also filed for a police report.
Old 22-11-2018, 06:58 PM   #5846
Master Member

I think with your family’s support, that’s all you needed. Yes. I understand jeopardising your job can be depressing. But think about which is worse. You keep paying them non stop til you dry up or start somewhere new.

Hang in there and try to find some other jobs.

@Jimmy

Hi bro, thanks for your reply.

The fact about losing the job is really depressing,but i guess i am mentally prepared. I am just very lost,but thankful that my family is behind me thru this ordeal despite the harassment. I do admit that this will be a tough period. That MF is relentlessly still harassing my office, to the extent my mgmt had also filed for a police report.
Old 22-11-2018, 07:20 PM   #5847

@JamieJimmyNg

Thanks for your word of advice.

Am trying to get over this mental hurdle.Am staying up everynite to ensure they dun kacau.Am sure tonight they will do smth again. I already prepare bamboo pole and eggs.Ready to beat the living crap out of that MF if he dare to come spray paint or put fire
Old 22-11-2018, 08:32 PM   #5848
Master Member

How many days since the harassment?

@JamieJimmyNg

Thanks for your word of advice.

Am trying to get over this mental hurdle.Am staying up everynite to ensure they dun kacau.Am sure tonight they will do smth again. I already prepare bamboo pole and eggs.Ready to beat the living crap out of that MF if he dare to come spray paint or put fire
Old 22-11-2018, 08:42 PM   #5849

Its on and off..apparently he seems very free...everyday will keep calling my phone and my office.
Old 22-11-2018, 09:25 PM   #5850
Master Member

Just ignore. Tell the office to tell him that you left the company. And pls go and change your handphone number

Its on and off..apparently he seems very free...everyday will keep calling my phone and my office.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.