Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

GalaxyPocket

Reaction score
I feel you bro. Time to climb out of this **** hole. Having your account frozen, it's about time to not continue paying. Paying them only extend your misery.

They already milk you dry.

Find ways to bridge your relationship with your family and friends. I find strength in them myself so going through it alone like you I know is hell.

Stay strong. Stop paying. Enough is enough.

Bro. How many days since u MIA on them? So far only the two men who push a trolley went up to your place?

jeffprobst

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone can advise how the loan shark get my unit line line and my family members name?

the loan shark called us to ask us to locate the neighbour for them if not they come look for us. already warn them not to harass us any further an a police report was made. yet, they still called us and my father even tried to reason with them (facepalm moment)

Super lost

Reaction score
I know where u are coming from. You have every good intentions. Somehow I could feel that it’s a bit too harsh. They are already remorseful.

Actually is will be good to said the wrost thing might happen..then just sayang... seriously what he say is true in SG no LS will dare to kill u ... as all know in SG if kill ppl will also get urself hang ... so for me I will like to advise all the true victims here to prepared for the worst . Cos once u prepared u wun feel lost when it happened...

Super lost

Reaction score
anyone can advise how the loan shark get my unit line line and my family members name?

the loan shark called us to ask us to locate the neighbour for them if not they come look for us. already warn them not to harass us any further an a police report was made. yet, they still called us and my father even tried to reason with them (facepalm moment)

From telephone book or yellow page

green72

Reaction score
Bro. How many days since u MIA on them? So far only the two men who push a trolley went up to your place?

It's a Police case. Investigation is on going and no way I can or will return the money. To pay to the UML means I'm an accomplice. The situation now is not to communicate or transfer money. If they come and harass just call 999 and hope get caught by Police.

Communication-wise, already did what is necessary. Mine,NOK and Company have block and will continue to block any form of communications.

Without fear of feeling ashamed, my neighbors has been alerted too.

The money, I never touch and bank is escalating to return of the money or do something, I don't know.

Personally, I'm touch by family, friends and my company who have been very understanding.
My Co even offered counselling for the trauma I'm suffering. My friends offering to whack these UMLs if they ever catch. Family offer to stay at their place. So touched.

Anyway must not be scared of them. They feed on fear, that's what I learnt so far.

This is Singapore....

Last edited:

Unlucky_chap

Reaction score
Stay strong buddy!Everything will be alright soon. Just bear with it for a month or two. The two ah long that actually sent runner to your place wont last long. They dont have the resources to disturb u everyday.

Im not worried about the 2. Im worried about the rest that is quiet. Silent but deadly kind. For those of you who are wondering, they get your neighbours contact no. thru this website data.com.sg

Anyone who has a land line in singapore will appear here. One of them threatened to call my neighnours from my block.

These guys really know how to instil fear. Just need to be thick skin and tahan.

Unlucky_chap

Reaction score
Its been two weeks since i mia. Didnt block them. Just let it be. Im using another no.

Its depressing since i lost my job. Worked my ass off for the past 2 half years. Got fired just like that. I came clean with my company with all the details but too bad they cant accept it as their reputation at stake.

I used to earn 5 digits monthly with commission. Another one came earlier the morning knocking on my door. But didnt do anything. The malay guy continously knocked for 3hours while i was dead asleep.

GalaxyPocket

Reaction score
Its been two weeks since i mia. Didnt block them. Just let it be. Im using another no.

Its depressing since i lost my job. Worked my ass off for the past 2 half years. Got fired just like that. I came clean with my company with all the details but too bad they cant accept it as their reputation at stake.

I used to earn 5 digits monthly with commission. Another one came earlier the morning knocking on my door. But didnt do anything. The malay guy continously knocked for 3hours while i was dead asleep.

I dont think a runner will risked 3 hours knocking on your door. Perhaps he was scammed and asked to go over your place.

GalaxyPocket

Reaction score
It's a Police case. Investigation is on going and no way I can or will return the money. To pay to the UML means I'm an accomplice. The situation now is not to communicate or transfer money. If they come and harass just call 999 and hope get caught by Police.

Communication-wise, already did what is necessary. Mine,NOK and Company have block and will continue to block any form of communications.

Without fear of feeling ashamed, my neighbors has been alerted too.

The money, I never touch and bank is escalating to return of the money or do something, I don't know.

Personally, I'm touch by family, friends and my company who have been very understanding.
My Co even offered counselling for the trauma I'm suffering. My friends offering to whack these UMLs if they ever catch. Family offer to stay at their place. So touched.

Anyway must not be scared of them. They feed on fear, that's what I learnt so far.

This is Singapore....

No need ask bank to revert back the money. Use the money to deter them from coming to your place. Whenever feel down, just look at the surrounding scenery and blue sky and appreciate there are more things in life to think of.

green72

Reaction score
No need ask bank to revert back the money. Use the money to deter them from coming to your place. Whenever feel down, just look at the surrounding scenery and blue sky and appreciate there are more things in life to think of.

Just my conscience say it's not my money and I've done my best. If bank cannot do anything then consider as compensation for CCTV and suffering.:s22:

Shaking

Reaction score
First time im in this situation. And its killing me. I am a foreigner. Office already knw situation i am in. I paid the ls full last tuesday ls called our office hotline said he is my friend wednesday he is not calling my phone jst office. Thurs until now not contact. But my next due is tomorrow. I already paid full. Alrdy file police report wednesday as well. I dont knw wht to do now as due date is tomorrow and i will not pay anymore. Pls advice me.

green72

Reaction score
Im not worried about the 2. Im worried about the rest that is quiet. Silent but deadly kind. For those of you who are wondering, they get your neighbours contact no. thru this website data.com.sg

Anyone who has a land line in singapore will appear here. One of them threatened to call my neighnours from my block.

These guys really know how to instil fear. Just need to be thick skin and tahan.

Report the site to PDPC at https://eservice.pdpc.gov.sg/case/dp

Shaking

Reaction score
Go tell your NOK to shout back at them. Say he dont know you, dont know who you are. Dont show fear. Man up and scold them back upside down.

First time im in this situation. And its killing me. I am a foreigner. Office already knw situation i am in. I paid the ls full last tuesday ls called our office hotline said he is my friend wednesday he is not calling my phone jst office. Thurs until now not contact. But my next due is tomorrow. I already paid full. Alrdy file police report wednesday as well. I dont knw wht to do now as due date is tomorrow and i will not pay anymore. Pls advice me.

green72

Reaction score

Inform your boss. Show police report. Stop communication. Stop paying and report the account you paid to your I/O.

Wait it out. (This is the toughest bit).

Nas1978

Reaction score
Hi,

Ive been reading this thread from page 1.
Same thing for me. Unwillingly became a debtor. Enquired for a pay day loan to pay my school fees end up i gotten a weekly loan instead from a few as i enquired all at the same day.

Couldnt approach the bank as i still have outstanding loan which im still paying off.

I just lost my job, my gf. My family gave up on me. My house got splashed just 2 hours ago. Second incident.

My house is empty as my family dont stay there, all of us are staying with my eldest sibling. I just got thrown out of the house two days ago. So im the only staying at my billing address that the ahlong have.

I tried clearing the loan end up paid more than the amount they transferred. Managed to clear off 3 of them good thing is they didnt disturb me after that.

Total i have 17 from different guys. Im not ashame to say it. Just dont want anyone to be like me.

Ranging from 300-2k. I paid them deferment on a daily basis till i have to walk to my office as i dont have money for work or makan.

So far my bank account been frozen due to the deferment payments as spf suspected i was one of the runners. Waiting for it to be unfrozen which the io says will take one month. Advised not to take up jobs or payment for ahlong.

Ive been cleared of the charges as ive provided details of every transaction made to them. So ive been instructed to stop paying and ignore them.

Imagine paying 1k plus everyday for deferment fees. I did up an excel file listing down the names and amount to clear.

Managed to close off some of them which mentioned that they are looking for long term business. So far the only one that splashed paint was the one i need to repay 2k. The rest just vulgarities and voice notes. Some offered me a job which i declined.

Every day i sit outside my house just in case these ppl come to harass. Now im cleaning the fresh paint on the floor and door and gate at this hour.

For those experiencing the same, be strong. This is just a phase. It will pass. I dont have access to my funds or last salary due to the account frozen.

I havent eaten a proper meal in 3days. Been surviving on water.

Hey bro,msg me. Which school are u at? Maybe i could buy u a meal or two. Been in ur shoe before

Shaking

Reaction score
Inform your boss. Show police report. Stop communication. Stop paying and report the account you paid to your I/O.

Wait it out. (This is the toughest bit).

Hi. Thank you for replying to me. I want to pm you but i am unable to do so. Already told my boss that day but still so scared that they might splash paint ot lock the gates. They force trabsfer 600 and i paid 800 wht they asked but they still called my office but never called my phone.. whc im puzzled.

green72

Reaction score
Hi. Thank you for replying to me. I want to pm you but i am unable to do so. Already told my boss that day but still so scared that they might splash paint ot lock the gates. They force trabsfer 600 and i paid 800 wht they asked but they still called my office but never called my phone.. whc im puzzled.

Can you ignore their calls at office? They are using this tactic as communication because they can get you in office.

Install CCTV at home. Call 999 everytime a suspicious person loiter at your flat. That is your only defence. Police will arrive within minutes and catch suspect if possible.

Report ALL threats to I/O. Screenshots of whatsapp, sms. Report phone numbers of the harassment. They need as much evidence to build a case. this includes accounts you transfer money to.

If they splash paint or lock gate. Call 999 and let SPF handle.

Last edited:

Shaking

Reaction score
Can you ignore their calls at office? They are using this tactic as communication because they can get you in office.

Install CCTV at home. Call 999 everytime a suspicious person loiter at your flat. That is your only defence. Police will arrive within minutes and catch suspect if possible.

Report ALL threats to I/O. Screenshots of whatsapp, sms. Report phone numbers of the harassment. They need as much evidence to build a case. this includes accounts you transfer money to.

If they splash paint or lock gate. Call 999 and let SPF handle.

LS is calling the hotline. Even if i dont owe them anything they will still harrass?

green72

Reaction score
LS is calling the hotline. Even if i dont owe them anything they will still harrass?
Even if you diligently pay them, from the experience of others here, they will make excuses to milk more from you.

The idea here is don't pay. My office uses a PABX system. They block those numbers.You could show police report to your office to stop/block those numbers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.