Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

green72

Reaction score
What can the police do? Before they can do anything, my NOK might be already out of job.

Ask yourself, what can the UML do to make your NOK lose their job? These are all bluffs. They are crimninals. Lying is their game. Say low interest, after get you hook, demand high interest weekly repayment.

You believe their BS? Splash paint or lock gate is the only cowardly thing they dare do.

If you keep entertaining these loansharks, nobody can help you. Let's not debate what SPF can do.

You borrow money from UMLs, now you are in trouble. Can you see you panic when they threaten to make your NOK lose their job. Ask your NOK to inform their boss.

Redirect this frustration towards the UML, not SPF or anyone here who can only help to advise.

If you believe SPF is hopeless, then turn to who else?

Last edited:

Sg_Oris

Reaction score
Ask yourself, what can the UML do to make your NOK lose their job? These are all bluffs. They are crimninals. Lying is their game. Say low interest, after get you hook, demand high interest weekly repayment.

You believe their BS? Splash paint or lock gate is the only cowardly thing they dare do.

If you keep entertaining these loansharks, nobody can help you. Let's not debate what SPF can do.

You borrow money from UMLs, now you are in trouble. Can you see you panic when they threaten to make your NOK lose their job. Ask your NOK to inform their boss.

Redirect this frustration towards the UML, not SPF or anyone here who can only help to advise.

If you believe SPF is hopeless, then turn to who else?

He is forcing me for the payment because of his accounting day.
One day asking mentomwork for them, which I definitely won’t.
I really don’t want to contact them.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
He is forcing me for the payment because of his accounting day.
One day asking mentomwork for them, which I definitely won’t.
I really don’t want to contact them.

I don't understand why since Nov 2018 until now you are still contactable? Why can't you simply block ALL their numbers including your NOK.

From 1st day of harassment, they already cannot contact me. What is so difficult?

Still cannot understand what you want to do. I am aware there are UMLs and runners in our midst here.

I say trust our SPF.

Sg_Oris

Reaction score
I don't understand why since Nov 2018 until now you are still contactable? Why can't you simply block ALL their numbers including your NOK.

From 1st day of harassment, they already cannot contact me. What is so difficult?

Still cannot understand what you want to do. I am aware there are UMLs and runners in our midst here.

I say trust our SPF.

The sad thing is that the runner that came to my house is still not caught after 5 months. The loan sharks are still using the same telephone numbers to harassing me. Asking me to deposit money into the same Bank Account which I reported to SPF. This is after 4 months of me providing the information to them.

How to trust SPF?

The good thing is that I have the mobile number of the IO and can quickly get in touch with him. He also told me any issues, call 999 and they will come as soon as possible.

Messup

Reaction score
The sad thing is that the runner that came to my house is still not caught after 5 months. The loan sharks are still using the same telephone numbers to harassing me. Asking me to deposit money into the same Bank Account which I reported to SPF. This is after 4 months of me providing the information to them.

How to trust SPF?

The good thing is that I have the mobile number of the IO and can quickly get in touch with him. He also told me any issues, call 999 and they will come as soon as possible.

Did your IO told you to continue communicating with them?

green72

Reaction score
How to trust SPF?

They cannot do miracle. Who do you trust then?

See another round of arrest here

http://www.police.gov.sg/news-and-publications/media-releases/20190313_arrest_Six_Arrested_For_Involvement_in_Loansharking_Activities_CID

I say well done SPF.

Sg_Oris

Reaction score
Unless there is only one loan sharks with several stalls providing us loans, network is even bette than what the banks have. Immediately they will know you situation. Even when you made police report already everyone will know. Even when someone come splash paint also they know. They also know who you paid and who you never pay.

You start paying 1, slowly everyone will start harassing you again.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I say trust our SPF.

Did your IO told you to continue communicating with them?

This one. :vijayadmin:

nf2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Please don't blame others such as Police.
Is that Police who make your situation until like this ?
Is that Police who make your NOK out of job ?
Police is your personal bodyguard ?
By the way, how much you pay for the Police salary ?
Wanna eat salty fish but can't tahan the saltiness ?
You got do self reflection ? :s11::s11::s11::s11:

We’re not here to condemn or condone past actions. Please be constructive.
The police will not act until there are multiple emergency calls for harrassment FYI.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have made police report fin October 2018. After making report, nothing is done and yet I got splashed paint in November 2018.

Recently a few of the loan sharks started harassing me and next of kin. They forcing me to make full repayments if not they promise to make my NOK lose their jobs.

One particular loan shark gave me till Sunday to repay $3000.
He even force me to record myself begging him for extension if not he won’t give extension.

My fault for borrowing money from them. I regret borrowing.
They will threaten to bring problems to those innocent people around you.
This is really unbearable.

Why no actions from the police?
I have given them all the numbers and account numbers since. But nothing is done.

What can the police do? Before they can do anything, my NOK might be already out of job.

Wanna eat salted fish but can't tahan the saltiness ?

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We’re not here to condemn or condone past actions. Please be constructive.
The police will not act until there are multiple emergency calls for harrassment FYI.

You also anyhow and don't act like Saint.
Please refrain from making nonsense for encourage people to make contact with ah long or runner.
Please refer to #8028.

nf2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You also anyhow and don't act like Saint.
Please refrain from making nonsense for encourage people to make contact with ah long or runner.
Please refer to #8028.

A suggestion doesn't imply an instruction. Obviously you'll need to be more constructive with your responses and opinions as well.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
A suggestion doesn't imply an instruction. Obviously you'll need to be more constructive with your responses and opinions as well.

Well you cant blame delceer for this post, because sg_oris obviously still isnt following the help given here and is blaming everyone except himself for still contacting the ls

Wanna eat salted fish but can't tahan the saltiness ?

Vimo Novo

Reaction score
Tis one I have to agree dat u allowed it to escalated to this stage & give urself unnecessary stress. Since October 2018 until now, harassment & splash paint? Whose fault izit really? U forgot the main point here. People here are advising others dun pay and change number. Y u still become contactable by those loansharks all these months? Y didn’t ask ur NOK to change number?

U said NOK might be out of job. Blame urself lah. Y blame spf? Here already give u good advices. U are not the worst case scenario here but a dumb one. Go and read up from page 1 on tis thread. Clearly u r so deluded dat u tink u kp here and problem will be solved. Grow a brain, dude. Period.

I have made police report fin October 2018. After making report, nothing is done and yet I got splashed paint in November 2018.

Recently a few of the loan sharks started harassing me and next of kin. They forcing me to make full repayments if not they promise to make my NOK lose their jobs.

He even force me to record myself begging him for extension if not he won’t give extension.

I have given them all the numbers and account numbers since. But nothing is done.

green72

Reaction score
Unless there is only one loan sharks with several stalls providing us loans, network is even bette than what the banks have. Immediately they will know you situation. Even when you made police report already everyone will know. Even when someone come splash paint also they know. They also know who you paid and who you never pay.

You start paying 1, slowly everyone will start harassing you again.

Instead of cooperating with SPF fully after making report, you still decide to pay the UML. Do you know during those months you continue to pay that you are consider involved in their illegal business through money transfers?

No point really making a report but continue paying. I really don't understand your rationale.

I believe your I/O advise you not to contact them back in Oct 18. But after splash in Nov 18 you got scared and start paying and contacting them. Now you are broke and now seek help. You realise that there no such thing as good debtor to these UML.

If only you stop paying and remove all contacts, this uncertain is not prolong. And trust the SPF. You think how long these UML can continue to operate before getting caught? If ALL victims were to stop paying and report every single info to SPF, I believe SPF have greater chance of getting them

Stop paying, block their money. Let them starve and die. Learn to Man up and ignore their threats. No money, no business, no new victims.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Pls help yourself - STOP PAYING, CUT OFF ALL CONTACT

Pls help the police - Get CCTV, report ALL suspicious people or incidents ASAP. The more info you provide the higher chance they can catch the harassing people (which could be victims themselves)

Why the paint was delayed, you think it is so easy to find runners?

Get a good job ASAP, recover from this situation and move on with your life. BE NOT AFRAID of them.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I got weird feeling.
There is no normal person advice others to keep in touch with Ah Long or Runners.
The Police will not do that.
Other forumers will not do that.
Only one type of people will do that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.