Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Bro . I have said before some are not what they are on this platform. Just ignore.

I got weird feeling.
There is no normal person advice others to keep in touch with Ah Long or Runners.
The Police will not do that.
Other forumers will not do that.
Only one type of people will do that. ;)

nf2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got weird feeling.
There is no normal person advice others to keep in touch with Ah Long or Runners.
The Police will not do that.
Other forumers will not do that.
Only one type of people will do that. ;)

Unproductive comments, nice.

sxjiua.jpg

Makminah

Reaction score
The sad thing is that the runner that came to my house is still not caught after 5 months. The loan sharks are still using the same telephone numbers to harassing me. Asking me to deposit money into the same Bank Account which I reported to SPF. This is after 4 months of me providing the information to them.

How to trust SPF?

The good thing is that I have the mobile number of the IO and can quickly get in touch with him. He also told me any issues, call 999 and they will come as soon as possible.

Bro. Understand your frustration after everything that happened. You just need to calm down and not be afraid of them. Only then you'll be able to think clearly and rationally. Everyone here had went through their own set of of dramas with this LS. We are here to support you through. That's the best that we can do. Be here to support but still the rest is up to you. I am sure by now you'll realise everyone will tell you the same thing. Report police, cut off all contacts etc.

Do that and pray hard that all this will end soon. You mentioned they will make your NOK lose their job? Have they ever tried calling your NOK workplace? Do they even know where you NOK work? Man up and fight them bro.

I stop paying all my LS since early Dec. They send me a list of all my neighbours names and contacts wanting to give us "good service". They called up my workplace say want to burn them down, call my house and f*ck my mother inside out. They even demand $2000 as apology fee cause I told them I reported to the police. Thank god nothing actually happened. Only phone harrassment.
I was like you too back then very angry but the police cant do much unless they did physical harm to you, your family and property. Which I understand they did splashed paint to your house. I am sure the police are still trying their best to locate your runner. Have a little faith bro. Everyone here is a victime. Those who came across this forum is lucky enough to get some support. Imagine those people who dont have any kind of support. Those people outside that we are not aware of? This kind of things people dont share to other openly cause they afraid to lose face. Imagine the mental torture they are going through? Count your blessing. Everything happens for a reason and every cloud has a silver lining.

Both you and your NOK need to be there for each other more than ever. Be strong and firm against them. Dont bother reading their msgs. Block all their numbers that will give you some peace of mind. Right now the $3000 they are asking for you dont pay up. They somehow can sense fear in you thats why they are trying their luck to push you for more. Even if you settle the $3000 now, do you think it will end?

How you want things to go is in your hands. All of us here can only advise you on what to do and not to do. Ultimately its your life. You choose how this ends.

Stay strong alright bro. Jiayou! 💪💪
May god protect us all here.

Last edited:

nf2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Banks claim that they can freeze the outgoing account provided you have a police report, please try this option and block all numbers related to UML.

Also, there is a proclivity for individuals here to immediately assume the worst when a person is being overly helpful.

Last edited:

Sg_Oris

Reaction score
Bro. Understand your frustration after everything that happened. You just need to calm down and not be afraid of them. Only then you'll be able to think clearly and rationally. Everyone here had went through their own set of of dramas with this LS. We are here to support you through. That's the best that we can do. Be here to support but still the rest is up to you. I am sure by now you'll realise everyone will tell you the same thing. Report police, cut off all contacts etc.

Do that and pray hard that all this will end soon. You mentioned they will make your NOK lose their job? Have they ever tried calling your NOK workplace? Do they even know where you NOK work? Man up and fight them bro.

I stop paying all my LS since early Dec. They send me a list of all my neighbours names and contacts wanting to give us "good service". They called up my workplace say want to burn them down, call my house and f*ck my mother inside out. They even demand $2000 as apology fee cause I told them I reported to the police. Thank god nothing actually happened. Only phone harrassment.
I was like you too back then very angry but the police cant do much unless they did physical harm to you, your family and property. Which I understand they did splashed paint to your house. I am sure the police are still trying their best to locate your runner. Have a little faith bro. Everyone here is a victime. Those who came across this forum is lucky enough to get some support. Imagine those people who dont have any kind of support. Those people outside that we are not aware of? This kind of things people dont share to other openly cause they afraid to lose face. Imagine the mental torture they are going through? Count your blessing. Everything happens for a reason and every cloud has a silver lining.

Both you and your NOK need to be there for each other more than ever. Be strong and firm against them. Dont bother reading their msgs. Block all their numbers that will give you some peace of mind. Right now the $3000 they are asking for you dont pay up. They somehow can sense fear in you thats why they are trying their luck to push you for more. Even if you settle the $3000 now, do you think it will end?

How you want things to go is in your hands. All of us here can only advise you on what to do and not to do. Ultimately its your life. You choose how this ends.

They actually called up the workplace without me providing the office number.

nf2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1. Your information has been circulated amongst them
1a. LML forwarded your information to UML
2. Office contact information available publicly

Advise is to inform HR or your colleagues not to entertain such calls and to direct it to your mobile number.

Hope this helps.

Super lost

Reaction score
I have made police report fin October 2018. After making report, nothing is done and yet I got splashed paint in November 2018.

Recently a few of the loan sharks started harassing me and next of kin. They forcing me to make full repayments if not they promise to make my NOK lose their jobs.

One particular loan shark gave me till Sunday to repay $3000.
He even force me to record myself begging him for extension if not he won’t give extension.

My fault for borrowing money from them. I regret borrowing.
They will threaten to bring problems to those innocent people around you.
This is really unbearable.

Why no actions from the police?
I have given them all the numbers and account numbers since. But nothing is done.

Sg_oris ...what i can advise u is u really need to stop answering calls from those fxxxer and please trust our SPF they always be there to help and is not ez for them to catch those mother Fxxxer..base on your case being throw paint at your door..which I believe most of us also kana b4 .. what u can say is if u still get in contact with them even the police manage to catch the runner also no use cos those runner not only is one of the victim can be school students that want to earn quick $$$ . So dun blame the police.. cos our SPF is doing their best to catch all this ppl . And also they not only hist handle ur case they got many cases like us for them to handle so what u can do is to wait for good news from the SPF . While waiting u really need to stop all communication with all ur LS ... and most important dun ever listen to the LS and work for them. Lost of job can always get a new one and start flesh. So stay firm and move on.. I bring in this **** b4 . And now I still frigting hard on it ... the only way for u to stay happy is u need to listen to your IO and corporate with SPF... lastly the choice is yours... if u want to be help those mother fxxxer then u not only lost your job u will lost ur freedom and ur future .. if u chose to cooperate with SPF then u are a real man and soon u will be able to start flesh... trust me ...

Super lost

Reaction score
could be from face book too

It simple... when u take loan time u will require to give them ur work place contact and singpass to log in ... they will see everything and actually download all info during that time ... so just simply ignore them...

LilladyJ

Reaction score
I have been victimised as well. Started as an ad on on carousell for iPhone installment then transferred me 500 saying that is required to create a record in their system. Then asked me to transfer them 909 in 10 days 200 on the 5th Day then 700 hundred on the 19th day. I paid the 200 thinking it was legit and I fully blame myself for that. After Paying the 200 , someone transferred me another 500 to my account without my knowledge. I then receive a message from WhatsApp saying my loan was approved when I didn’t even apply. This new person is asking for 700 repayment in 5 days and tomorrow is the 5th day. I realised that these 2 are connected and gathered my wits to report to the police last Thursday. I am still waiting for my IO to call me but no news yet I even called today to follow and will call again on Monday during office hours. Just this afternoon after 2 pm both guys sent me what’s app messages to my personal and office HP number l. The first guy with scam iPhone said he will send someone to my office while the 2nd guy sent me videos of burning doors and splatting paint. I am scared as hell but trying to be strong. I am scared to leave my room and I don’t know how to tell my Friend who is the owner of the house I am living in. I am trying to be vigilant and reading your posts here is giving me strenght. I am trying to look for counselling since I am starting to have sever anxiety because of this.

I am telling myself that I will face whatever happens but I won’t pay anymore. When I filed for the police report, the officer told me not to answer their calls and messages anymore. I have closed my account to prevent them from transferring any money and am thinking of changing my number too although I have blocked their numbers. I noticed that they usually only message via WhatsApp. Any advice will be very much appreciated.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
I have been victimised as well. Started as an ad on on carousell for iPhone installment then transferred me 500 saying that is required to create a record in their system. Then asked me to transfer them 909 in 10 days 200 on the 5th Day then 700 hundred on the 19th day. I paid the 200 thinking it was legit and I fully blame myself for that. After Paying the 200 , someone transferred me another 500 to my account without my knowledge. I then receive a message from WhatsApp saying my loan was approved when I didn’t even apply. This new person is asking for 700 repayment in 5 days and tomorrow is the 5th day. I realised that these 2 are connected and gathered my wits to report to the police last Thursday. I am still waiting for my IO to call me but no news yet I even called today to follow and will call again on Monday during office hours. Just this afternoon after 2 pm both guys sent me what’s app messages to my personal and office HP number l. The first guy with scam iPhone said he will send someone to my office while the 2nd guy sent me videos of burning doors and splatting paint. I am scared as hell but trying to be strong. I am scared to leave my room and I don’t know how to tell my Friend who is the owner of the house I am living in. I am trying to be vigilant and reading your posts here is giving me strenght. I am trying to look for counselling since I am starting to have sever anxiety because of this.

I am telling myself that I will face whatever happens but I won’t pay anymore. When I filed for the police report, the officer told me not to answer their calls and messages anymore. I have closed my account to prevent them from transferring any money and am thinking of changing my number too although I have blocked their numbers. I noticed that they usually only message via WhatsApp. Any advice will be very much appreciated.

based on what you have said, it is easier to just change number and move on.

because the only details they have is your current phone number
inform your friend what happened, better than letting them have a surprise phonecall one day.
they most likely paylah u the money since you have never given your bank account number. doubt they would have your address or workplace address.

Stay strong, ignore them

Reaction score

Let your friend know you have been scammed. Ignore them people, they are scammers. If you encounter any suspicious people or harassment, do not hesitate to call 999. Be strong and take care.

viethai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It simple... when u take loan time u will require to give them ur work place contact and singpass to log in ... they will see everything and actually download all info during that time ... so just simply ignore them...

i see. thanks

green72

Reaction score
LilladyJ,

You should confide with your flat owner. If harassment occurs and they know your address, consider installing a cctv.
There has been many arrest recently where CCTV footage was used to identify and located the perpetrators.
Also fast action to call 999 on 13 Mar enable a runner to get arrested at the property.

You can see, fast action on the victim part helps themselves and SPF.

Fear Less

Reaction score
Good job Super Lost on your valuable advice.
We all one way or another got hit light or heavy and still have the energy to contribute in this forum . Old guys left , JJlin , Sharu ... new guys in.
Also thanks to those who come back.

Victims should read more. Somehow some stories are similar to their problems. The course of action is the same.

Ya true ..that y you always be reminded not to give any info here...

And for those fake pls get out from here ...

Fear Less

Reaction score
Hi sis. Gradually you are doing fine.
I admire your strength and patience in helping others.
I am rather sad that we all can do this much.

Spf have a load of these problems on their hands. You know right, no swift action unless there is body injury or property damage.
I have full trust and faith in them.

Makminah

Reaction score

Oh dear. The only way to deal with this is be firm and fight against them. Tell your NOK to inform his/her workplace about you being scamm. Sometimes you'll never know but people around you are willing to help keep a look out or tell the LS off when they call. Be brave and hopefully things will get better. Please just cut off all contacts and never ever fall for their treaths. I wish you all the best and goodluck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.