Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree148Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-12-2018, 09:12 AM   #6271

Hi guys.

Believed I was scammed into this uml...

Saw a phone instalment plan. Enquired. Then he ask for nric and cpf contribution. Said 2000 12 mth settle. He asked for bank account number and he did a video call to verify face..

Next 300 was in my account then he Mia on me for few day. WhatsApp reply doesn't explain and delay and delay.

Today told me 300 is trial loan need give back 500 on 23th before 7pm. I ask him for bank account he say on that day 1pm will give cuz always different bank account number. I tell him don't later u Mia then become late charge he say won't and said he want his money back. Planning to just give him 500 and block afterwards. Should I report police now?
Hi...
I have the similiar suitation with u. So what happen in the end? Care to share?
Old 24-12-2018, 09:20 AM   #6272

Did you ever transfer any $ into an account number they gave you?

You know how this works right?
Transfer money for defer and settlement . that abt it
Old 24-12-2018, 09:24 AM   #6273

Hi...
after u paid him faster close ur bank account if nt they will transfer money to your account this time bigger amt , and report to police on the account number they are u to transfer to
Old 24-12-2018, 09:37 AM   #6274

after u paid him faster close ur bank account if nt they will transfer money to your account this time bigger amt , and report to police on the account number they are u to transfer to
I have already closed my bank account once i know he is an LS. Did they harrass you or anything?

I have also sent the police on all the account numbers that I was asked to transfer to.
Old 24-12-2018, 09:46 AM   #6275

U also report to data protection of yr possibledata leak by the said bank loan applocation. My unit photo been whatapp to me b4. A flower basket fr florist was also sent to me. But till now no actual LS n their runners did come up. "Touch wood"
Only LML n biz debt collector come up till they tired liao.
Normally return home late.
My hse gate got cctv n corridor, SPF installed 2x.
Lml more difficult to settle
Old 24-12-2018, 09:48 AM   #6276

did you ever query about a loan from them before?

or provide personal info to them? (should be, since they know ur phone number and address)
Pic of then yr front gate and door is common la..if they really Wana splash they splash Liao..no need send a pic..don't worry .I have a monatage of my gate from all.the ah long..ask me lock door tonite ask me tonite don't sleep etc..
Old 24-12-2018, 11:14 AM   #6277
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi...
Would like to highlight a few things

1) lml is not allowed to advertise.
2) all the monthly installment plans are tricks for ppl to reply to their advertisement. Uml and lml will never give this kind of loans.
3) no legal loan company will ask for your singpass, ic or bank account over the phone. Even at lml office, they will ask you to key in the password for your singpass. They wont ask for it.
4) all lml will need you to go down to their office to sign documents before they can approve your loan or disperse the money.

If you see them do any of the above, 99% they are loansharks.
Old 24-12-2018, 12:03 PM   #6278

Bro KLeong

You are very right. Thanks your advice.

THEY WILL NEVER GIVE THIS KIND OF LOAN ( proper monthly payment loan) via sms. GOT TO VISIT THEIR OFFICE FOR PROPER LOAN APPLICATION.

You quote:

2) all the monthly installment plans are tricks for ppl to reply to their advertisement. Uml and lml will never give this kind of loans.
3) no legal loan company will ask for your singpass, ic or bank account over the phone. Even at lml office, they will ask you to key in the password for your singpass. They wont ask for it.
4) all lml will need you to go down to their office to sign documents before they can approve your loan or disperse the money.

If you see them do any of the above, 99% they are LOANSHARKS.
Old 24-12-2018, 12:29 PM   #6279

No not Query from them before. Just an irritating random call.
I got an account with LM, but still not sure how they get hold with my informations.

did you ever query about a loan from them before?

or provide personal info to them? (should be, since they know ur phone number and address)
Old 24-12-2018, 01:02 PM   #6280
Arch-Supremacy Member

No not Query from them before. Just an irritating random call.
I got an account with LM, but still not sure how they get hold with my informations.
Ic, number and address they have. But no bank account number i guess? possible that the lm pass the info to them. Anyway stand firm and ignore the ls. If you did not take money from them, unlikely they will spend time or money to harrass you. And from their action now, you will know they will let you go after you take loan from them
Old 24-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #6281

Yea i think they dont have my account number which they keep asking me for it. What i worry is they just transfer the cash to my account and said that i have borrowed the money and they can just come after for it. But anyway, i went to file a police report already, dont know if that helps.

Ic, number and address they have. But no bank account number i guess? possible that the lm pass the info to them. Anyway stand firm and ignore the ls. If you did not take money from them, unlikely they will spend time or money to harrass you. And from their action now, you will know they will let you go after you take loan from them
Old 24-12-2018, 03:08 PM   #6282
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yea i think they dont have my account number which they keep asking me for it. What i worry is they just transfer the cash to my account and said that i have borrowed the money and they can just come after for it. But anyway, i went to file a police report already, dont know if that helps.
Dont give them your account or read their msg at all. As for making police report, that is the correct procedure.
Old 24-12-2018, 03:13 PM   #6283

Yea.. but lucky i manage to grab another phone and recorded partial of the Conversations. Just hoping everything will be fine

Dont give them your account or read their msg at all. As for making police report, that is the correct procedure.
Old 24-12-2018, 03:13 PM   #6284

Yes, they can actually do what you just mentioned. Don't release any personal details at all!
Old 24-12-2018, 03:15 PM   #6285

Bro KLeong

You are very right. Thanks your advice.

THEY WILL NEVER GIVE THIS KIND OF LOAN ( proper monthly payment loan) via sms. GOT TO VISIT THEIR OFFICE FOR PROPER LOAN APPLICATION.

You quote:

If you see them do any of the above, 99% they are LOANSHARKS.
These are not just loan sharks, they are LOAN SCAMS! They are really terrorists in our local turf.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.