HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree146Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2018, 11:49 AM   #6391

Hope you get on well. Stay strong.
Thank you! I pray that all is well on your side too. You too stay strong!
Old 30-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #6392

Thank you! I pray that all is well on your side too. You too stay strong!
Thank you!
Old 30-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #6393

New trick fr LS - getting locksmith to harass debtors that locksmith called to opening locked rooms at wee hours.

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/sing...775?xtor=CS2-8

Found this somewhere in thr thread. Can someone translate for me? 😅
Kamsahamida. Thank you!
Old 30-12-2018, 12:11 PM   #6394

Stay strong! I have been watching your story unfold. The terror is only virtual.

If they dare to show up at your door, be ready with CCTV and call police. More evidence, clear evidence means the runner can be caught in no time. Don't miss the opportunity to help clean up the loan scam terror network.

Side note: Some runners are also victims so getting them caught is a GOOD thing, else they are going accumulate charge after charge of offence of which the penalties are extremely heavy. Very sad.
Thank you for your kind words. Yes I have the exact sentiments. So far mine they only threaten via msgs no actions yet. I hope it stays that way. At least we know that no one is willing to work for them to get themself into deeper trouble.

Their msgs also getting lesser. They will only text me once or twice on my due day asking for payment. Thats it. Unlike when I am still paying them, they will msg and call non stop till I reply.
I did not install cctv though, I know will be better to have one but with my family condition I dont think we can afford one.
So I am just praying for the best and relying on the police CCTV located and the void deck and in the lifts. There are 3-4 camera in the void deck and lift landing itself.
Those who just take a step forward to stop paying them, stay strong guys. Know that you're not alone going through all this. Alot of survivors here in this thread. They have told us their story and now they are leading a more peaceful life. Dont be afraid to stand firm and f*ck them off if they ask for money. If you dont dare to f*ck them up scaring that might trigger them then block all their numbers. If not just ignore all their calls and msgs like me. Trust me you will feel a whole lot better not paying them up especially if you've already paid them more than what they 'loan' you.
Cant emphasized this enough
1. Report to the police
2. Block/ignore all forms of communications with them
3. Change number (if that makes you feel better)
4. Close your bank account (if you feel its neccessary)
5. Install CCTV (This will actually deter those runners from doing anything. Even if they did, can catch them faster)
6. Come clean to your NOK and workplace. (Dont have to tell them you took loan or anything. Just tell them you lost IC and got scammed)
7. Talk to someone close to release all the burdens and stress you are feeling. (This step help me out personally.)

You need all the emotional and moral support. Keeping it to yourself will eat you up inside. For now just stay vigilant and stay safe everyone. Pray that god will ease all your pain and proctect everyone here and you love ones.

2019 is coming. Start the new year with a positive note. It's not going to be easy at first but once you're able to mentally not let those LS get to you with their threats, you won half the war already. So keep on fighting!
Old 30-12-2018, 12:14 PM   #6395

New trick fr LS - getting locksmith to harass debtors that locksmith called to opening locked rooms at wee hours.
Wah. Getting innocent people involve to harras. These LS are ruthless. I hope karma hit them back 10x as hard. Really.
Old 30-12-2018, 01:13 PM   #6396

Why me bro... Im also a victim here.. i dont post much here bcoz there is nothing for me to say.... Most have been said already .. its up to individual to take the advice or not.

Haha... Hope ur not refering the "u" to me 😂

Ya..so fk those scammer ah long..hope u suffered karma not yr family suffer karma for u.
Old 30-12-2018, 04:07 PM   #6397

I had given my nric, singpass to these loan scam or whatever you call it, what can they do with it?

Just getting myself prepared for what may come.

Any advise?

By the way, I had reported to the police and closed my account.
Old 30-12-2018, 04:32 PM   #6398

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/sing...775?xtor=CS2-8

Found this somewhere in thr thread. Can someone translate for me? 😅
Kamsahamida. Thank you!
My brief understanding is locksmith get prank called to visit the victims like they have called for the service.
Old 30-12-2018, 04:33 PM   #6399

I had given my nric, singpass to these loan scam or whatever you call it, what can they do with it?

Just getting myself prepared for what may come.

Any advise?

By the way, I had reported to the police and closed my account.
Did you give bank account number?
Did they transfer any money to you?
Old 30-12-2018, 04:55 PM   #6400

Yes I did give my bank account number to them.

They transfered a trial loan to me and ask me to settle a bigger amount in 5 days which I did to their account given on 5th day.

Then they keep asking for more fees and stuffs to release my loan. Which I stupidly did as well hoping to get the loan but in the end, nothing but asking for more fees.

I gave up and told them to cancel my loan .
Old 30-12-2018, 04:58 PM   #6401

My brief understanding is locksmith get prank called to visit the victims like they have called for the service.
Same as the poor Macdonald’s and people in Carousell. Got pranked to do harassment to debtors
Old 30-12-2018, 05:00 PM   #6402

Pm-ed you.

Last edited by Messup; 30-12-2018 at 05:11 PM..
Old 30-12-2018, 07:04 PM   #6403

They transfered a trial loan to me and ask me to settle a bigger amount in 5 days which I did to their account given on 5th day.

Then they keep asking for more fees and stuffs to release my loan. Which I stupidly did as well hoping to get the loan but in the end, nothing but asking for more fees.

Blocked them and ignore them. Its going to be one week since i blocked them. Just got msg asking me to get a loan.

They will never let u closed your account.

Today should be my payment date. Hopefully nothing happen.
Old 30-12-2018, 08:01 PM   #6404

Yours is more like a scam than a loan from loan shark . Trial loan , test repayment by giving you small sum is scam. Can be destructive.

Inform your workplace and nok. They are likely target. Just dont ignore their smses ,break contac is best defence.
Cctv is important

Old 30-12-2018, 09:51 PM   #6405

Yours is more like a scam than a loan from loan shark . Trial loan , test repayment by giving you small sum is scam. Can be destructive.

Inform your workplace and nok. They are likely target. Just dont ignore their smses ,break contac is best defence.
Cctv is important
What do you mean by don’t ignore their sms and break contact is best defense?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.