Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

green72

Reaction score
Guys becareful dont reveal too much info here indeed uml runner is in here too
Yes, they are reading too. Don't let them manage to identify you as they can use this platform to shame you.

As long as you follow the steps we shared, no way can they destroy your life.

I'm here to make them read that the law will catch them soon. They better run and hide. No UML is above Singapore law.

Everything in Singapore can trace. HP is link to IMEI and IP address and phone number. Easy to triangulate phone location for example. If they want to be untraceable then use pigeon or snail mail to communicate.

It's just that whether SPF need or not to use the technology at their disposal.

Last edited:

Trustdade

Reaction score
Ya dun reveal too much detail here UML very easy can know wan who is who. Good heart i tell ppl remove certain words can become say, Haiz hao xin tell ppl yet!!

Yes, they are reading too. Don't let them manage to identify you as they can use this platform to shame you.

As long as you follow the steps we shared, no way can they destroy your life.

I'm here to make them read that the law will catch them soon. They better run and hide. No UML is above Singapore law.

Everything in Singapore can trace. HP is link to IMEI and IP address and phone number. Easy to triangulate phone location for example. If they want to be untraceable then use pigeon or snail mail to communicate.

It's just that whether SPF need or not to use the technology at their disposal.

green72

Reaction score
Everytime they take action sure kena catch want, why they still wanna do all this thing. Really dun understand what are they thinking.

https://www.police.gov.sg/news-and-...t_Two_Men_Arrested_For_Loanshark_Harassment_J
https://www.police.gov.sg/news-and-...t_Two_Men_arrested_for_loanshark_harassment_F
UML don't care if these runners are caught as the UML will simply find new ones.

What we need to do is educate the public that whatever your situation is, dire or not, you are the one who get fined, jailed and caned if you decide to be a runner for this UMLs.

These UMLs can only threaten you with ONLY words They cannot touch you.

The one getting caught are the runners and not the UML.Runners are victims too and not professionals. That's why their job is simple- lock gate, splash paint, write graffiti or paste debtor note. Can only be a combination of these. The more garang ones will burn doors. But that's it. The rotan will be on it's way to their backsides.

So, don't even think about being a runner. You are warned.

Too bad those who were arrested recently, didn't discover this thread before deciding to be their runner.

Anyway, do you all think is it worth it?

Last edited:

Trustdade

Reaction score
Ya lor, for such a small payout go n do all this thing worth it mehz?

UML don't care if these runners are caught as the UML will simply find new ones.

What we need to do is educate the public that whatever your situation is, dire or not, you are the one who get fined, jailed and caned if you decide to be a runner for this UMLs.

These UMLs can only threaten you with ONLY words They cannot touch you.

The one getting caught are the runners and not the UML.Runners are victims too and not professionals. That's why their job is simple- lock gate, splash paint, write graffiti or paste debtor note. Can only be a combination of these. The more garang ones will burn doors. But that's it. The rotan will be on it's way to their backsides.

So, don't even think about being a runner. You are warned.

Too bad those who were arrested recently, didn't discover this thread before deciding to be their runner.

Anyway, do you all think is it worth it?

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Steps myself have taken block all their ctc, change numbers work closly with neighbor and install two camera at my house with 24h recording. Ya btw at night alternative days i will stay up for the night behind the door checking at my camera for the runners or anyone susp to show up my wooden stick is waiting for them :)

If really come, just provide the video footage to Police.
Better don't do anything stupid.
Let SPF do their job.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haizz this loan scam happened to me last week as usual enquiry about loan on fb was force transfer 500 to my account,as i dont want anything to do with the uml i paid 1.3k to fully settle the issue which he agreed this will be the last of it which stupidity i believe so. But the next day another uml force transfer me another 350 and 150 same style as in the first scammer which I believe the first scammer and the second scammer work together, i make the first police report close all contact and change number. The next following day two person came up in early morning with a bicycle chain and left it at my door i called police and make a second police report. After two more days i saw on my camera a person came in at 3.17 am with a bag which i never seen him before near my block I immediately rushed out he was gone in a sec reported this to the io too . Now the 500 which the second scammer force transfer to me the money is still with me as i already requested posb to return back to the sender account but it take few days . I do not plan to return the money to the account provided by the second scammer as i knew another innocent party will be in my same show over and over again. So now my only opinion is to wait?

You still don't know how they operate ?
Every time they will say no account for you to bank in and ask you to defer if you got read the history.
Those money come in to your account is from another debtor like you.
The debtor bank in the money to pay the loan shark.
The loan shark just use the debtors money keep rolling.
That's why loan shark will scold people don't anyhow bank in money or return back the money to the original account or say bank into wrong account then not counted.
Give $500 and get back $1300.
The money is too good for them.
Of course force transfer money to you again lah.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
You still don't know how they operate ?
Every time they will say no account for you to bank in and ask you to defer if you got read the history.
Those money come in to your account is from another debtor like you.
The debtor bank in the money to pay the loan shark.
The loan shark just use the debtors money keep rolling.
That's why loan shark will scold people don't anyhow bank in money or return back the money to the original account or say bank into wrong account then not counted.
Give $500 and get back $1300.
The money is too good for them.
Of course force transfer money to you again lah.

Those are not ah loan...useless ****...don't even have a biz AC to use for their job..I'm glad I run those scammer loan few thousand...but so many innocent victims around..just RMB don't pay if u are force to loan...

zonda_r

Reaction score
Those are not ah loan...useless ****...don't even have a biz AC to use for their job..I'm glad I run those scammer loan few thousand...but so many innocent victims around..just RMB don't pay if u are force to loan...

Ya cut off their supply of money help ourselves and others by doing so.
Their threatening words and action are standard just call 999 if they dare go up to your house and trust me on that our spf is really efficient in catching those runners . Guard yourself with camera dont need exp brand just xiaomi xiaofang camera will do and insert a 32gb sd card in it and it will be 24h recording. The camera will be your best bet of first line of defence for sure

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
it's really heartening to know that there are bros and sis in this forum willing to give advise on how to deal with this problem.

call them what you want ... UML, ah long ... they're cut from the same cloth, scum that take delight in causing people hurt. yes, there are people who took money from them, but maybe they didnt have any other choice?

while the advise that has been posted here is welcoming, perhaps as ordinary citizens we can do more?

who knows? maybe those are seeking advise and those giving advise are neighbours :D

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
Actually my personal view is this. I know that ah longs are bad, but if friends and banks all don’t want to lend then what can I do? If high interest tonget me out of a tight spot im Ok, but worst is these scammers. How to even tell cos they will ask for the same info

Bro, if your credit score is good, and if you are an NTUC member, have you tried approaching AUPE? They're a credit cooperative, and they're good ... i got a $5k loan approved, 6%, payable over 12 months.

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
This morning I kena for the 2nd time. Called the police, they helped to cut the chain and I showed them my cctv footage ... runner never wear mask, wear bright coloured tee, everything in the footage so clear. Now all I can do is wait, pray and tahan ..... And they also assigned my case to new IO.

Hi bro, any updates about your case?

Spidie

Reaction score
the idiot call my office today. Lucky explain to my colleagues. My boss damn good. told him off if he owe u money show me the IOU i help him pay. The guy say dun have. Then ask him from what company and what is your license number. He told my boss they private one. My boss shout at him. Means you ah long is it ? The stupid idiot still can say yes i am ah long. You ah long you better dun call here i will report you to the police. Lol

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it's really heartening to know that there are bros and sis in this forum willing to give advise on how to deal with this problem.

call them what you want ... UML, ah long ... they're cut from the same cloth, scum that take delight in causing people hurt. yes, there are people who took money from them, but maybe they didnt have any other choice?

while the advise that has been posted here is welcoming, perhaps as ordinary citizens we can do more?

who knows? maybe those are seeking advise and those giving advise are neighbours :D

Really don't understand why people borrow money through Whatsapp or Facebook then hope or pray very hard that one to turn out as the Legal Money Lender.
Legal Money Lender don't have an office address and brick and mortar shop, don't feel strange meh ?
Should just walked in to the bank ask for personal loan instead send all the documents through Whatsapp or Facebook then regret.

vladtepish

Reaction score
same story here.....made a mistake of giving account number....they transferred 400...ask for 00 in 5 days...was set to pay but deferred and settled 200....one more incident of 200 payment....but they transferred another 300 and asked 1000 to clear full..next week. argued but said ok. next payment again defferred. but i paied full 1000 to the account. he made threaths.....send house front door burning videos ...voice messages....i scolded him back...vulgarities exchanged....closed bank account online..opened new account first.been 3 days no threaths...but some dude called 2 times yesterday asking me if i wanted a loan...i live in a condo...have informed the guards. lets hope for the best. also made a police report. this forum was a good source of information for me. thanks for sharing all your encounters with loansharks. wish all of us are left in peace

vladtepish

Reaction score
I setup this thread regarding Loanshark harassment. I, myself is not a debtor however to be frank someone in my family does.

I hope to gather more users and people to voice out. The Police are doing a lot to curb this problem. However we must face the fact that this problem had been there for decades. Have faith and trust in our system. It is very hard to eliminate the network, nevertheless if every citizen does their part in cooperating; it is must easier to get to the network.

This is how you can help. If any of your family members owe loan shark money, tell them not to pay up a single cent. Tell them to call the Police Hotline number 1800 225 0000 to transfer you to the relevant department. In which there is a specific department in the West that handle Loan Shark Cases.

In the event that you are the debtor, please refrain from helping the loanshark or fall into their trap to help them in their illegal activities. They will ask you for personal details. E.g. Singpass, ATM card or even ask you to help them distribute brochures or transfer money.

Don’t fall prey to become a target by the loanshark syndicate. In the event that you can’t make payment they will ask you to work for them to pay off your debts. Don’t do it. Owing money doesn’t resort in a death penalty, jail sentence or caning. However if you are debtors turn assistors, the punishment is very severe. You, yourself will in turn from a victim become a criminal.

Under the Moneylenders Act 2010 (Revised Edition), first-time offenders found guilty of carrying on the business as an unlicensed moneylender or assisting in the business of unlicensed moneylending may be fined not less than $30,000 and not more $300,000, be imprisoned for a term not exceeding four years and shall also be liable to be punished with caning not more than six strokes. First time offender found guilty of loanshark harassment shall be punished with imprisonment for a term of up to 5 years, a fine of not less than $5,000 and not more than $50,000, and shall also be liable to caning of not less than 3 and not more than 6 strokes.

You have heard of the saying, 明知道老虎会咬人,你还一直喂他,那就是自寻死路。
If you are a debtor, please don’t blame yourself for what happen. If you are not desperate, you won’t be borrowing from them. Seek your family understanding. Sometime you would feel helpless, you are loss, you always trying to source money to meet payment, the pain and psychological torture is unbearable. But please face the fact; this is never the end of life.

Don’t pay them; it is not against the law not to pay them. They will threaten to report on you and use a lot of threatening message to make you pay or work for them. But come to think of it, when did they show up to receive the payment in person. It is always through Bank Transfer. Ask yourself why.

Learn to understand the situation you are in, accept it. And be true to your family about the money lending matter. Call NPCG for counselling in the event that your family members don’t understand.

The methodology that they used is always to instill fear in their victims. And from the news you would know that many loan shark always are so notorious. But come to think of it, who are the one that are being used by them. Who are the one that are doing the dirty job? The debtors are always the one.
Ask yourself a question, why does the Police always so reactive towards the loan shark? It is because the loan sharks are always under the veil. They used the debtors as smoke screen.

What will happen in the event you don’t pay up?
They will spray paint at your house, disturb your neighbor, disgrace you, humiliate you and shame you. These are the tactics that they used. So how bad can this be? Do you want your life back again? Or do you want to live in a lifetime full of fear. I will be very honest with you. My father had been feeding the tiger for years and finally now, he decide to heel the Police advice and stop paying and cooperate with them.

You are not the only one suffering if you continue to pay. Think about your family for the long term. Do you want them to suffer with you for 10 year, 20 years, worrying about money? Think about it. Do you want to be partner in crime? Or do you want a lifelong happiness with your family. If you really care for your family members, you should know the right thing to do. If you are scares you can always post on the forum or talk to someone regarding the case.

I believe if we unite as one, we can accomplish more. If you are young, bold, adventurous, please feel free to voice out. We can always spend some time to help one another. We can help family by family if we have more manpower. The debtors need people to talk to. The family members need assurance and comfort. We don’t blame other for not helping us, if we are not helping ourselves. We don’t need to resort to violence; we want to build a peaceful community for everyone to live in.

And again, I need more people and more support to discuss matter and also plan to help other out.

Thank you for your time in reading this.

same story here.....made a mistake of giving account number....they transferred 400...ask for 00 in 5 days...was set to pay but deferred and settled 200....one more incident of 200 payment....but they transferred another 300 and asked 1000 to clear full..next week. argued but said ok. next payment again defferred. but i paied full 1000 to the account. he made threaths.....send house front door burning videos ...voice messages....i scolded him back...vulgarities exchanged....closed bank account online..opened new account first.been 3 days no threaths...but some dude called 2 times yesterday asking me if i wanted a loan...i live in a condo...have informed the guards. lets hope for the best. also made a police report. this forum was a good source of information for me. thanks for sharing all your encounters with loansharks. wish all of us are left in peace

green72

Reaction score
After a week of not receiving SMS advert from UML, today I got one already.

As usual, I screenshot the SMS and attached it to i-witness at Police@SG app and sent in report.

And finally, block number. These UMLs can try me once per number only. Let's see how many simcard they willing to carry.

Come on guys/gal report all these adverts to SPF via I-witness. You can remain anonymous.

Nevermind if SPF will not follow up on it, at least it's recorded and might be useful in future investigations.

We can help the society by doing this. Many of our phone numbers are shared around by these UML.

Then we share their number with Police lor.

Even if today I receive 200 UML adverts, I still report. I purposely don't want to change my number.

C'mon y'all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.