HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2019, 05:51 PM   #6571

David
Inform your nok and workplace after report police. Have a cctv for additional protection( scam case not really needed)

Remember inform your nok to IGNORE their threats. DONT READ THEIR SMSES

.QUOTE=Davidfool;118478096]Initially they asked for first payment. Claimed loan will be disbursed after payment made with 30 mins. Then came back to say need insurance fee. Already made a sum for first payment. So paid. Stupid me. Then came back to say need processing fee. Made payment. More stupid. No money received. Then claimed the acct did not tally. Need more money. Told them no more money they even advised to borrow from friends.

Realised being scammed. So decided to close this chapter. Paid almost 1k. But they claimed acct outstanding and needed me to follow up. Harassed me Today. My encounter with them was yesterday.

Today Sent me a photo of my ic with o$p$ which I did not owe any money to them. They even have my neighbour names and showed a pic of WhatsApp message to his runner to print 300 A4 pages to distribute tonight. I blocked all their numbers and reported to police already. Police told me loan scam.

U encountered similar case?
[/QUOTE]
Thank you fearless. Never expected to be threatened to live in fear. And the scam approved the loan without a lot of details. How stupid am I to be fooled. I just wonder what they will do to me. They sent WhatsApp with beautiful picture of house being splashed paints and my ic with the word O$P$.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:51 PM   #6572

I told them I don't want the loan anymore and return what I have paid. Of course I was dreaming. They will not return.

They told me my loan still in processing state must follow up. And they claimed they sent my details to the debt recovery for follow up and I received all the harassing messages. Comes with pictures and neighbour details.

Can elaborate on your case?
My current state is I told them to cancel my loan and they imposed a penalty fee. Which I said ok cos the penalty fee is less than half of what I had transferred them.

Now see what they come up with on the agreed date of refund. I know I will never get back my $ but it’s the words they twist (prata) is out of this world and if they even have the cheek to contact me.

Last edited by Messup; 05-01-2019 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: Add words
Old 05-01-2019, 05:58 PM   #6573

My current state is I told them to cancel my loan and they imposed a penalty fee. Which I said ok cos the penalty fee is less than half of what I had transferred them.

Now see what they come up with on the date of refund. I know I will never get back my $ but itís the words they twist (prata) is out of this world.
I am sure they will ask you for more money claiming issues with closing the account. You ignore them they continue to harass you. Then they will refer you to the debt collection dept just like mine. They are very professional scammers. I would like to PM u but I have not reached 10 posts yet.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:02 PM   #6574

Thank you fearless. Never expected to be threatened to live in fear. And the scam approved the loan without a lot of details. How stupid am I to be fooled. I just wonder what they will do to me. They sent WhatsApp with beautiful picture of house being splashed paints and my ic with the word O$P$.[/QUOTE]

Like what others had advised, report police (which you did) and those that you had given contacts to them.

Let them be prepared first. I know itís not easy and itís will make us feel ashamed to inform them but trust me, it feels a lot better when you had informed them or prepared them prior to these scammers contacting them.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:03 PM   #6575

I am sure they will ask you for more money claiming issues with closing the account. You ignore them they continue to harass you. Then they will refer you to the debt collection dept just like mine. They are very professional scammers. I would like to PM u but I have not reached 10 posts yet.
Keep replying and you will be able to do so
Old 05-01-2019, 06:06 PM   #6576

Keep replying and you will be able to do so
Yes I would like to PM u to check whether we are encountering the same scam.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:07 PM   #6577

Yes I would like to PM u to check whether we are encountering the same scam.
Haha... letís see and when u reach 10 u can do it
Old 05-01-2019, 06:10 PM   #6578

Thank you fearless. Never expected to be threatened to live in fear. And the scam approved the loan without a lot of details. How stupid am I to be fooled. I just wonder what they will do to me. They sent WhatsApp with beautiful picture of house being splashed paints and my ic with the word O$P$.
Like what others had advised, report police (which you did) and those that you had given contacts to them.

Let them be prepared first. I know itís not easy and itís will make us feel ashamed to inform them but trust me, it feels a lot better when you had informed them or prepared them prior to these scammers contacting them.[/QUOTE]

Thank you fearless. Yes really feel ashamed. Such an adult falls into this trick. Sigh. Stupid me!
Old 05-01-2019, 06:10 PM   #6579

Haha... letís see and when u reach 10 u can do it
I am reaching 10 posts soon.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:15 PM   #6580

I am reaching 10 posts soon.
Great and replied
Old 05-01-2019, 06:20 PM   #6581

Wow. I get the exact words and reply like you said here. Are they loan shark scammer? Anw I paid the first deferment fee, and tdy is supposed to be my due date, they still ask for deferment fee. I didn't transfer them anymore. Not sure what they'll do, but I think transferring them more won't solve the problem also.
Ya they want more money even if u want to close. What i did was tell them i dont want to defer i want to close if they say cannot den ask them f.o
Old 05-01-2019, 06:50 PM   #6582

What they say to your NOK and office and for how long?
They demand the $2k apology fee. They throw all sorts of vulgarities to my mum and workplace. Even say want to come burn down my workplace to my superior. It went on for about 2 days only for this case. So its already been more than a month since they last contact me and thank god nothing happened. They still dare to ask me for $$. When they are the ones who owe me $$. To think of it, I should have send them the O$P$ last time. 😂

Last edited by Makminah; 05-01-2019 at 07:25 PM..
Old 05-01-2019, 06:52 PM   #6583

They demand the $2k apology fee. My throw all sorts of vulgarities to my mum and workplace. Even say want to come burn down my workplace to my superior. It went on for about 2 days only for this case. So its already been more than a month since they last contact me and thank god nothing happened. They still dare to ask me for $$. When they are the ones who owe me $$. To think of it, I should have send them the O$P$ last time. 😂
Good for you. At least this episode is over.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:52 PM   #6584

Ya they want more money even if u want to close. What i did was tell them i dont want to defer i want to close if they say cannot den ask them f.o
My LS fav phrase, no account, must tell one day in advanced, one funny one accountant on MC cannot clear. 😂😂
Old 05-01-2019, 07:27 PM   #6585

Good for you. At least this episode is over.
Thank you. I hope yours will end soon too. Based on mine, they just threatened on the phone nothing more. I dont think they will do anything since you dont owe them anything.
Good luck!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.