Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all, thank you so much for your support. You guys have no idea how much this means to me.

To those who asked me to support him emotionally, unfortunately the ship has already sailed on this one. I stupidly helped my dad conceal his cheating on my mum many years ago, but I told my mum last night. Mum is now filing for divorce and we told him he’s no longer our dad cos of all the lies (which have been going on for many years, and it’s not the first time we’ve lent him money).

My dad said he only provided his own IC and office address to the loansharks but not our details (although I don’t fully trust him). My mum is able to cancel his phone line cos it’s under her name, but I’m worried that this will trigger them to show up at our place. I’ve shifted out sometime ago but my mum and my sibling are still there and we are trying to sell the house. We’ve repaid 3 loansharks before I got your advice, but dad says there’s 7 other loansharks waiting for their payment.

What should our next step be? Don’t pay the rest and just cancel the line? Will the loansharks do sth drastic like beat him up etc to make him give them our details? I’m living in fear everyday.... 😔

Not 100% sure what type of loan sharks you are dealing with. We are encountering a lot of loan scams, those who even if you pay will come up with lies and tricks to say you never pay.

Those who use fear and threats to scare you. Do not pay them, report them to police and follow our advice, police will also give you them same advice. You can see Bro JJ case for reference. Pls don't let this ruin your family or your Dad any further.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Your dad will always be your dad even though he get you all into this trouble and mess, he needs understanding too and needs someone to beat him into shape depending on what his problem is, eg gambling or etc etc.

That's what family are for, pls do what you can for him or refer him to the family services who have professionals who can help him.

RemoWorried

Reaction score
Hi All,

Today is my first day that i stop paying them.. am little worried nevertheless motivated after reading all the message here.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But make sure u dun share anything that is sensitive here cause here is open to all the ah long may oso be reading.

Just rmb dun ever go and assit in loansharking activities sure will kena catch wan once kena sure will get canning. So just stay clam. Cheers.

This one...
:vijayadmin:

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Erm have to see case by case la, if local wan maybe got chance will kena whack but see amount of loan oso la. But seldom will happen la. Your family issue we cannot advice musch as we are all outaider here and we do not really know what actually trigger him to borrow from loanshark my guess shuld be gambling bah. Anyway jus go and install camera file a pilice report n keep ur door wide ooen anyone come jus call police they are more scared theb u do. Changing num is a correct move. U sld not have paid all the 10 ah long u own. U pay one all will come after you all to ask for payment. Dun oay be firm tell ur 'dad' too dun pay change num once and for all. Cheers dun worry too much anything share here will see what we can help
Just let the ah long whack lo..or else her dad will NVR wake up...

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Hi all, thank you so much for your support. You guys have no idea how much this means to me.

To those who asked me to support him emotionally, unfortunately the ship has already sailed on this one. I stupidly helped my dad conceal his cheating on my mum many years ago, but I told my mum last night. Mum is now filing for divorce and we told him he’s no longer our dad cos of all the lies (which have been going on for many years, and it’s not the first time we’ve lent him money).

My dad said he only provided his own IC and office address to the loansharks but not our details (although I don’t fully trust him). My mum is able to cancel his phone line cos it’s under her name, but I’m worried that this will trigger them to show up at our place. I’ve shifted out sometime ago but my mum and my sibling are still there and we are trying to sell the house. We’ve repaid 3 loansharks before I got your advice, but dad says there’s 7 other loansharks waiting for their payment.

What should our next step be? Don’t pay the rest and just cancel the line? Will the loansharks do sth drastic like beat him up etc to make him give them our details? I’m living in fear everyday.... 😔

Don't worry they won't beat u up..pls make a police report...have the Al contact u?pls set yr disable all yr social media account first so that the Al won't dig up yr photo to shame u..don't worry about physical harm..Al not stupid they only want yr money...not whole spf after them if they harm u physically..

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Not 100% sure what type of loan sharks you are dealing with. We are encountering a lot of loan scams, those who even if you pay will come up with lies and tricks to say you never pay.

Those who use fear and threats to scare you. Do not pay them, report them to police and follow our advice, police will also give you them same advice. You can see Bro JJ case for reference. Pls don't let this ruin your family or your Dad any further.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Your dad will always be your dad even though he get you all into this trouble and mess, he needs understanding too and needs someone to beat him into shape depending on what his problem is, eg gambling or etc etc.

That's what family are for, pls do what you can for him or refer him to the family services who have professionals who can help him.
I believe this type is old school ah long...her dad compulsive gambler sure got lobang for old school ah long to feed his habits .

bbbbbw

Reaction score
recently receiving many sms offering loans but deleted them.
yesterday somebody call and i answered, asking if i need a loan but i said no.
really brazen.
i never borrowed from those legal moneylenders or LS at all.
wonder how they got my number??

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya..but they won't dare to kpkp with police presence..***** dog..only act fierce in front of debtors..when police arrived also ljke timid ****y..

Better pay up to Legal Money Lender.
The more you drag, the more problematic and will affect your health and blood pressure.
Make it a stance, don't ever borrow money from others.
Live within your means.

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
recently receiving many sms offering loans but deleted them.
yesterday somebody call and i answered, asking if i need a loan but i said no.
really brazen.
i never borrowed from those legal moneylenders or LS at all.
wonder how they got my number??

It's best that you don't answer any numbers that you don't recognise.

This happened to me; i got calls but i answered only one. Caller asked if i was keen on a loan, i said no. The next thing i know they deposited money in my account and said thanks for supporting them. And the rest of the story is the same narrative ...

bbbbbw

Reaction score
It's best that you don't answer any numbers that you don't recognise.

This happened to me; i got calls but i answered only one. Caller asked if i was keen on a loan, i said no. The next thing i know they deposited money in my account and said thanks for supporting them. And the rest of the story is the same narrative ...

but how did he get your account number??

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Better pay up to Legal Money Lender.
The more you drag, the more problematic and will affect your health and blood pressure.
Make it a stance, don't ever borrow money from others.
Live within your means.
All also like act like ah long..

Fallaway

Reaction score
Hi guys Here is my story

I took up loans and ended up stuck with payment.Some lenders are nice that they are willing to let me settle slowly while those deferment ones die die ask me to pay even after I paid their defer loans.Now that I am unable to cope,I tried talking rhigs out and see if I can settle my payment slowly.All the threatening starts ,burn house lah ,spray paint lah .I seek advice to one lender and all he said is ignore and block.But another issue I'm facing is I was stupidly enough to open up bank accounts to other lenders thinking it's going to offset me some loans.Now I cannot take it anymore but just wanna come clean with the police.But I worry I might be in more trouble after reading up the fact that I assisted in their money lending operations.

I have another story where a lender transferred me an amount even when I don't take it from them claiming it's a 'trial' loan and I will get a loan after paying them an amount.So what I did was I never use the money and return back whatever they give me.And now they claim to say I took that loan and want me to pay back to clear in which I never loan in the first place.Now they are threatening me with pictures of o$p$,trying to contact my NOK and also calling up office.

I need advise especially the bank account part.

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score

That is a mystery that i have not solved. But i spoke to the IO and he asked if i ever took a loan from LML. I said yes, and he said that it could be from the LML or even someone from inside the bank.

RavenKing80sg

Reaction score
Hi guys Here is my story

I took up loans and ended up stuck with payment.Some lenders are nice that they are willing to let me settle slowly while those deferment ones die die ask me to pay even after I paid their defer loans.Now that I am unable to cope,I tried talking rhigs out and see if I can settle my payment slowly.All the threatening starts ,burn house lah ,spray paint lah .I seek advice to one lender and all he said is ignore and block.But another issue I'm facing is I was stupidly enough to open up bank accounts to other lenders thinking it's going to offset me some loans.Now I cannot take it anymore but just wanna come clean with the police.But I worry I might be in more trouble after reading up the fact that I assisted in their money lending operations.

I have another story where a lender transferred me an amount even when I don't take it from them claiming it's a 'trial' loan and I will get a loan after paying them an amount.So what I did was I never use the money and return back whatever they give me.And now they claim to say I took that loan and want me to pay back to clear in which I never loan in the first place.Now they are threatening me with pictures of o$p$,trying to contact my NOK and also calling up office.

Speak to the police and come clean with them. And stop your payments. The more you pay, the more they will bleed you dry.

As for the second part, that is a scam. It happened to me, and it happened to a lot of us here as well. Advise is to inform your NOK and your office that you've been a victim. Make a police report too.

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys Here is my story

Please read post #8708.
The above red words, prepare your buttock and throw away your future down the drain.

Under the Moneylenders Act, when a bank account or ATM card of any person is used to facilitate moneylending by an unlicensed moneylender, that person is presumed to have assisted in unlicensed moneylending.

Those convicted of the above for the first time may be fined between $30,000 and $300,000, jailed for up to four years, and get up to six strokes of the cane.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ted-loan-shark-activities-in-islandwide-sweep

unluckeyguy

Reaction score
They don't need your Account number to tranfer you money now cause now the handphone number and you bank account are link they can do transfer for it paynow or tranfer to you by just key you handphone number

unluckeyguy

Reaction score
Hi guys Here is my story

How long you let them use you bank account.
Just report to police and tell truly and say they threaten or trick you and ask you to open an bank account for them to use .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.