HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree148Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2019, 12:25 PM   #6841
Arch-Supremacy Member

TBH, those who have not dealt with gangs or syndicate, really, they may not know that these are the unscrupulous **** that they deal on you, because you "worked" for them, they get you to "buyout" since you want out. Sure it does kinda sound far-fetched. But I assure you, these are things gangs and syndicates do practice.

I'm only surprised why they took my partner's "buyout" to a LML.
That's kind of the part that doesn't add up. Sure there maybe brothers in there that are well, the more loyal type, but that's also the part that puzzles me. If he initially didn't pay the correct sum to "buyout", they are leveraging on this to earn some money off him?

And the buggers who are milking him sense that my partner is breaking so no more use to them so throw him off to LML to close case?

I was referring to UML and LML. Dont think there is this "buyout". As for gangs, this is a separate matter.

But like I said, if the LML acccept the money, which is not repayment for loans or fee/cost arising from a loan taken from them, then they will be in for some trouble.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:27 PM   #6842

Is there even such a thing? Better to ask your partner to come clean.
I was referring to UML and LML. Dont think there is this "buyout". As for gangs, this is a separate matter.

But like I said, if the LML acccept the money, which is not repayment for loans or fee/cost arising from a loan taken from them, then they will be in for some trouble.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm extremely puzzled as well. Partner claims he saw the initial document, and was told the forged "contract" for loan of $XXX with his signature is with LML. Odds not in his favour, but he is convinced and verified entity is legit and case will close.

I'm waiting for the details.

the dark side situation, I really don't know if that's considered closure...
Old 10-01-2019, 12:33 PM   #6843

Registry of moneylenders have the list of lml. If can find then is legit. Ask for loan documents and amount to settle. If they cant provide but still recv the money, then they will be in for some troubles with the law.
Am aware on the law on the Moneylenders and their boundaries. That's also what puzzles me.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:34 PM   #6844

I waiting for them to show up only..already send the letter to my io
Typically if they tell u a deadline, when will they start the harrassment?
Old 10-01-2019, 01:05 PM   #6845

Typically if they tell u a deadline, when will they start the harrassment?
Hard to say..
Old 10-01-2019, 02:07 PM   #6846

Hard to say..
Hi is borrowing from UML a crime? Cos I am afraid later the police say why you not it is illegal you still lend
Old 10-01-2019, 02:08 PM   #6847

Hi may i ask how about those claiming lml from jb? Some say its dangerous to loan from them also.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:17 PM   #6848
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi is borrowing from UML a crime? Cos I am afraid later the police say why you not it is illegal you still lend
Borrow money is not illegal but when they xfer the money to your bank account then police can say you assist with their activities, especially so when the money is xfer by another debtor.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:18 PM   #6849
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi may i ask how about those claiming lml from jb? Some say its dangerous to loan from them also.
They are not govern by sg law.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:19 PM   #6850

Borrow money is not illegal but when they xfer the money to your bank account then police can say you assist with their activities, especially so when the money is xfer by another debtor.
So I will be charged if I make a police report?
Old 10-01-2019, 04:22 PM   #6851
Arch-Supremacy Member

Read the posts here
Old 10-01-2019, 04:45 PM   #6852

No. U just explain u r a borrower

Old 10-01-2019, 10:03 PM   #6853

Hell dear. G0 approach the moneylender shop la.
Dont ask those from smses to loan money

UOTE=Elle30;118570342]Hi may i ask how about those claiming lml from jb? Some say its dangerous to loan from them also.[/QUOTE]
Old 10-01-2019, 10:10 PM   #6854

You are not the one in trouble.

Details not clear how to answer you.

What sign illegal document ? Can be legal if signed. Owe money pay money + interest , legal or no legal

Am aware on the law on the Moneylenders and their boundaries. That's also what puzzles me.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:37 PM   #6855

You are not the one in trouble.

Details not clear how to answer you.

What sign illegal document ? Can be legal if signed. Owe money pay money + interest , legal or no legal
Hi! Pmed you
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.