Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi may i ask how much you actually owe them?

I’m really afraid to go down to make a police report. Currently paying “defer” fee to 6 ah long. The amount of times i defer is more than what they actually transferred me. Total amount borrowed about 3k but if i were to clear every single one, it would be about 8k.

I’m just afraid if they would come and make a scene at my house as my mother is living alone there. Also afraid if i report to police, i would get some sort of punishment.

I’m broke from paying them. If i were to block all of them and change number, any idea how long will they keep coming to your house or workplace? Thank you brothers and sisters. Your help is much appreciated.

This is simply a SCAM feeding on your fear. STOP paying, file police report asap, can do it online.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Aqin@88

Reaction score
Ok noted with that. I will make a police report soon. Thnks alot fr ur kindness rply and help me. I really appreciate all your gd deeds towards me🙇*♂️🙏

CloudClau

Reaction score
Yes they just stood outside my house and shout owe money pay money. Before that they only WhatsApp me my house door picture threaten to burn using new number cos I keep block them. Then they send email and post on my company Facebook page. No reply then they started sending runner over to shout owe money pay money when I never even loan.
To quiet them down and to avoid, I actually passed them $600. They were banging my metal door. Was really hoping for someone to call police on my behalf actually. But everything happened too quick and I kinda got scared and pass them the money. But they are harassing me again

How much did u actually owe them , first time i see runner so daring stand in front of your hse banging your door , they not scare police come a catch them ?

CloudClau

Reaction score
Hi all! 🙋I want to share with you all the same thing happen to me till now. Previously i borrow a loan frm 1 ahlong amount of $300, the details given frm him is clear amount is $500,deferment every wk is $100 if i can't pay him the clear amount. So i jst make the deferment of $100 wkly because i cannot pay the clear amount of $500,until at a point of time i really broke out of money frm my work salary due to the stupid deferment, i tried another ahlong, to help me clear the first loan, but this time round i asked him fr monthly repayment loan, but this asshole nvr tell me the rules & regulation he straight away txt me through ws told me my loan is successful and transfer the amount of $250 to my bnk acct, clear amount $320,weekly deferment $120. He told me that i was a first time customer so he do this method first once i get to pay bck the amount i loan then i can take the monthly installment. Because of them i lost my job till nw i finding a full time job and i really broke of money. I'm tired of everything right nw. Keep on thinking and they keep on disturbing me and harresment. Right nw i own 2 ahlong with the amount of $500 & $320. Till nw i still cant pay them due to my difficulty financial problms right nw. Haish...

Should i make a police report fr this matter?? I need guide frm you guys and hv experience on this before pls. Thnks alot & may god bless all ur kind hearted🙏🙌

you amt so small i dont think they will send runner to splash paint , the most calls and send photo of them burning hse .

1. report police
2. close account
3. change number

OneLeafBoy

Reaction score
I never owe them money. They transfered $500 to my account and ask for $2500 back and claimed that I took a loan. Reported police and everything. Worst thing is, the cctv in lift and level 1 didn't capture anything!

How much did u actually owe them , first time i see runner so daring stand in front of your hse banging your door , they not scare police come a catch them ?

delceer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I never owe them money. They transfered $500 to my account and ask for $2500 back and claimed that I took a loan. Reported police and everything. Worst thing is, the cctv in lift and level 1 didn't capture anything!

If you never borrow from them, how come they got your bank account ?
You got enquire about the loan or send them your personal details ?
They anyhow random bank into account number ? :s11:

Fear Less

Reaction score
Yes indeed long story.But at least people are reading your plight. And get to know you.

So brace yourself for the attack. The got plenty of ammo supported by keyboard warriors.

Your name and ours are in their hall of fame, debtors ...i mean.

[Q1UOTE=Mibro10;121050502]After seeing much of the posts regarding UML here, i decided to open an account to share my personal experience. Hope it helps.

So 3 days ago i received an sms advert on really attractive loan from this no.85432784 . Something like this, 10k pay 190x60. Woh, very good rates i thought to myself and proceeded to enquire through whatsapp..
So he replied me asking for my citizenship, Nric, income tax assessment to check if im eligible for the loan.
So i provide them the info thinking its pretty standard. Next he need 2 NOK details home and office no. And lastly my singpass to verify that its really me via the OTP sent to my Hp no.
Oh well, i stupidly give them all details they required and my bank acc no.
(ok bros and sis here, dont provide them any details at all or dont even enquire!!)
Ohh, i told the guy i dont have home no. Nor office no. For myself and NOK. 😁
They accepted and then whatsapp call me. I can tell that he is a malaysian Chinese from the accent.
So he was saying, if i want 10k loan pay 190x60. For first trial, i will transfer you 600, 3days later pay 900. Deferment rate is 750(goddame good money to them). Dont worry, i will refund the 300 to you and loan you 10300 after 3days.
He said many customers complain about the 300 charges.
I just say ok i will think about it and confirm later. (oh he did a 5sec video call to check if im really me as in the IC)..

After the call, ithough to myself. If someone wanna loan 10k, why would he give me 600, and then return him 900. Then trf me 10300 again. (haha, sorry if its confusing).. So this is what ask him in the whatsapp as well.
If you cannot loan the full amount, then im sorry i cannot continue with it.

Ok, some about some hours later that night, im doing transaction via the bank app, and found a $600 being deposited to me(its a cash deposit, no account no.)
There are some miscalls from the guy and my 2NOK have got a misscall as well.
So late that night, ignoring the guys whatsapl and calls, i was googling and came across this forum which helps alot.

The very next day, i went down to the police station to make a report. The officer gives some advice(similar to what the bros and sis here said)
-dont reply to him
-close bank account
-ask bank trf back the $$$
-call 999 immediately if you see suspicious person outside my house.
-do not be afraid, its a long ongoing scam
-usually they will only make threats via phone etc.

Last thing i wanna mention is that, since that 600 is deposited to me that night, it has been deducted by giro for amount of $570 the next day before i can do anything to the money😅.
(this bank account is for giro purposes only, i dont usually put in $$$ here.)

So im really not sure about wanting to even return the money to those scumbags..
🤣🤣

I have some voicenotes and misscalls from the guy today, which i ignored, did not even open the message to read. Lets see how it goes from here on, i shall update again!

Once again bros and sis, do not give in to them, do not fear them, they are usually behind a computer(keyboard warrior if you wanna quote). Be mindful of your finances and good luck all.

Ps:sorry if its too hard or long to read.
Its my 1st post😅[/QUOTE]

Fear Less

Reaction score
Good to hear you stopped at 2 ls.If you continue borrowing from one to pay the other , you are multiplying your problems.

Let the police handle this. They may not be up to your expection because you are not a vip.Read more posts to experience problems faced by our bros and sis.

Ok noted with that. I will make a police report soon. Thnks alot fr ur kindness rply and help me. I really appreciate all your gd deeds towards me🙇*♂️🙏

Fear Less

Reaction score
Bro. This Boy got 500 and paid 600 . I would like to ask him how many 600 he can continue to pay.

There is no agreement to pay $2500 .
Their demands are similar to extortion.

Some ask for advice and do the opposite for fear of shame. What shame lah ?

Are you ok? Stranger outside house shouting, you don't owe them money, you still give them $600?

Wake up, go and file report for harassment. Don't wait until your become like this one.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...to-loan-shark-unlicensed-moneylender-10402394

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Unlucky_chap

Reaction score
Hey itz me again.

I got visits from unknown ppl the past two nights. Banging on my door. The past few months quiet. Suddenly come disturb.

So far no paint again la. Just aggressive knocking and kicking of the door.
And a macdonalds delivery came with delivery order.

Captain america sg1

Reaction score
I tot u have cctv? Hang in there.. Maybe ur loan is high also thats why they look for u

Hey itz me again.

I got visits from unknown ppl the past two nights. Banging on my door. The past few months quiet. Suddenly come disturb.

So far no paint again la. Just aggressive knocking and kicking of the door.
And a macdonalds delivery came with delivery order.

Aqin@88

Reaction score
you amt so small i dont think they will send runner to splash paint , the most calls and send photo of them burning hse .

1. report police
2. close account
3. change number

Yes. Thats what i thinking also. I've already make a police report jst nw in the morning. And the officer also told the same thing as you guys said.

Officers told me 99% they nvr come my plc or working plc to fine and make nuisance wth me. Jst be alert that they will continue harrest me by call or texting me saying they will sent ppl come over to my plc. Officer told me if happen or any suspicious person outside my hse jst call 999. Change my number if i want and close my bank acct fr nw and open to a new one jst incase the officer told me might be the ahlong anyhw or forced to transfer money to my acct again. Well, we also dont knw right. Their movement and tactics. Just be aware. Thnks alot guys fr helping & compliment. Really much appreciated🙇*♂️🙏

Aqin@88

Reaction score
Good to hear you stopped at 2 ls.If you continue borrowing from one to pay the other , you are multiplying your problems.

Let the police handle this. They may not be up to your expection because you are not a vip.Read more posts to experience problems faced by our bros and sis.

Yes. I loan also that point of moment because i'm really totally broke to go work, so i jst take a small loan wth them as long as the money i can cover fr my daily expenses on working till i get my salary i'm ok wth it. Nw, i've experience lending money wth those scumbags, after this there's no more borrowing. Life ruined & miserable

Fear Less

Reaction score
Jejel
You got 8 ahlongs.Thats more than you can handle. If you continue with the paying plan , it will cost you more than 8k . Dont bluff yourself.

Read up lah. They can do what they want to do. Your defence is a cctv and call the police when you are visited .You cant fight back because you wont know who is who.
Take care.

Hi may i ask how much you actually owe them?

I’m really afraid to go down to make a police report. Currently paying “defer” fee to 6 ah long. The amount of times i defer is more than what they actually transferred me. Total amount borrowed about 3k but if i were to clear every single one, it would be about 8k.

I’m just afraid if they would come and make a scene at my house as my mother is living alone there. Also afraid if i report to police, i would get some sort of punishment.

I’m broke from paying them. If i were to block all of them and change number, any idea how long will they keep coming to your house or workplace? Thank you brothers and sisters. Your help is much appreciated.

OneLeafBoy

Reaction score
Mine keep posting on company social media and keep sending email to HR sigh.

Yes. Thats what i thinking also. I've already make a police report jst nw in the morning. And the officer also told the same thing as you guys said.

Officers told me 99% they nvr come my plc or working plc to fine and make nuisance wth me. Jst be alert that they will continue harrest me by call or texting me saying they will sent ppl come over to my plc. Officer told me if happen or any suspicious person outside my hse jst call 999. Change my number if i want and close my bank acct fr nw and open to a new one jst incase the officer told me might be the ahlong anyhw or forced to transfer money to my acct again. Well, we also dont knw right. Their movement and tactics. Just be aware. Thnks alot guys fr helping & compliment. Really much appreciated🙇*♂️🙏

green72

Reaction score
Runner stupid and victim scared. Sad outcome to pass $600 when he did not owe them anything or is there something that doesn't adds up?

Why he never call 999? Why he pay $600 is he's very sure he doesn't owe them anything.

I would get angry, not scared if they did this to my house.

green72

Reaction score
To these scammers you owe them money. But just keep the money but since you have paid them don't pay anymore. To me now they owe you $100.. Don't entertain them.

Simple call 999 or contact/email I/O if harassed. Happened to me too but amount more than you.

But with advise from kind people here and using my head instead of my heart, I only had 1 and only incident of house visit.

It's been almost half a year of peace. Listen to advice here which are applicable to you. the only way is to ignore them. Call 999 next time these runner come over and report the previous incident if you have not.

Remember, if we stop funding their illegal activities, they will have no funds to target future victims. their money supply cannot be like a bottomless pit, one day will dry up too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.