Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikidino

Reaction score
Hello,i need some advice,so recently i enquired with this moneylender and he told me to do a pre-transfer $200 and clear $300,i paid him the first time then i realised he is unlicensed from the way he speaks,then he told me to do another transfer and i told him i didn’t want to but he still transfered me the $200.What do i do?Should i just block him and make a police report,will he chase me for $300?I'm supposed to pay him up tmr

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, please close your current bank account. Prevent them from xfer you any amt from now onwards. Definitely will chase after you for that amt but stop paying!! Cuz once you pay, you’ll never stop.. Stay strong!

Hello,i need some advice,so recently i enquired with this moneylender and he told me to do a pre-transfer $200 and clear $300,i paid him the first time then i realised he is unlicensed from the way he speaks,then he told me to do another transfer and i told him i didn’t want to but he still transfered me the $200.What do i do?Should i just block him and make a police report,will he chase me for $300?I'm supposed to pay him up tmr

Super lost

Reaction score

Please close ur bank account and report police ... dun waste time to talk to him or asking to transfer back ... just closed the account and ask bank to transfer back the $$$ ..or the other way can ask the police what can u do to return the money back ... please take note dun ever transfer the $$$ back tour own .. as if other victim make police report ur account will be reflect out and u will get urself bz ...like what I was gonna investigate.. so now go and report police ASAP ... and keep the report ...

Jiamin2706

Reaction score
Hi. Few days ago i encounter this ad on fb, providing personal loan at good repayment plans 1k 24 mths $55 per mth. So i whatsapp and enquire thinking that its legal loan as there is license num on the ad. The person ask for my NRIC and singpass to check if i an eligible for this loan. So i gave them. And after awhile they told me my loan is approved! And req for my acc num but sad to say i dont hav an acc so i requested to go down to the shop and apply face to face instead. Then they told me they are UML!! And i say i dont wish to continue with this loan and they say once apply means own them! They keep threatening they will go up my house, and keep calling my work place and home. I am in distress... helppppppppp

Question is will they really turn up at my house and burn or splash paint?
I have already blocked them.
But they r still making calls to my work place and home.
I just need someone who will understand my situation. My mom is not very supportive. She is adding more stress to me saying if my house is splashed she will kill me and kill herself after that. I m really depress

Last edited:

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello there, firstly do not be afraid since you did not receive any sum from them. Just ignore their call or text. Please do a police report for safety. They are just threatening you as they wants you to take up a loan. This is just a UML tactic. Don’t be afraid & just ignore their call. Tell your office about what happened and I’m sure they’ll understand your situation. If there are suspicious person at your doorstep, immediately dial 999. Most importantly, please stay strong. You’ll get thru this.

It’s safe no worries & the officer will call you after they received your report & advice you from there. https://eservices.police.gov.sg/con...498.63988157.1560178684-1451049683.1521187332

Hi. Few days ago i encounter this ad on fb, providing personal loan at good repayment plans 1k 24 mths $55 per mth. So i whatsapp and enquire thinking that its legal loan as there is license num on the ad. The person ask for my NRIC and singpass to check if i an eligible for this loan. So i gave them. And after awhile they told me my loan is approved! And req for my acc num but sad to say i dont hav an acc so i requested to go down to the shop and apply face to face instead. Then they told me they are UML!! And i say i dont wish to continue with this loan and they say once apply means own them! They keep threatening they will go up my house, and keep calling my work place and home. I am in distress... helppppppppp

Last edited:

Jiamin2706

Reaction score
Hello there, firstly do not be afraid since you did not receive any sum from them. Just ignore their call or text. Please do a police report for safety. They are just threatening you as they wants you to take up a loan. This is just a UML tactic. Don’t be afraid & just ignore their call. Tell your office about what happened and I’m sure they’ll understand your situation. If there are suspicious person at your doorstep, immediately dial 999. Most importantly, please stay strong. You’ll get thru this.

It’s safe no worries & the officer will call you after they received your report & advice you from there. https://eservices.police.gov.sg/con...498.63988157.1560178684-1451049683.1521187332
Thanks so much at least u guys are there for me

Jiamin2706

Reaction score
Don’t mention this at all. Always here for you. &, don’t worry you’ll get through this ASAP! Don’t let those threaten scare you! 😊

I am trying to stay calm, i told my mom abt this and she say if they splash paint, she will kill me and den kill herself. I am really depressed now

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
Show your mom the text message to proof that you’ve enquire about it BUT you did not borrow any. Tell auntie don’t worry they won’t splash paint de as if they do so they will be losing money as they have to pay their runner to do the job & since you did not borrow at all and they sure expect no money being pay back in return too. So don’t worry sister, stay calm. Don’t let these pull you down. Make a online report first, please. And also if you happened to see ad on fb & carousell its all UML, not LML. As LML, are not supposed to ad on anywhere else, beside their co website. Most importantly if you ever happen to see any suspicious people hanging around at your doorstep, don’t be nervous or scared, just dial 999 straight away.

I am trying to stay calm, i told my mom abt this and she say if they splash paint, she will kill me and den kill herself. I am really depressed now

Last edited:

Jiamin2706

Reaction score
Show your mom the text message to proof that you’ve enquire about it BUT you did not borrow any. Tell auntie don’t worry they won’t splash paint de as if they do so they will be losing money as they have to pay their runner to do the job & since you did not borrow at all and they sure expect no money being pay back in return too. So don’t worry sister, stay calm. Don’t let these pull you down. Make a online report first, please. And also if you happened to see ad on fb & carousell its all UML, not LML. As LML, are not supposed to ad on anywhere else, beside their co website. Most importantly if you ever happen to see any suspicious people hanging around at your doorstep, don’t be nervous or scared, just dial 999 straight away.

I del all msg and block them already. Worst of all i am not staying with my mom, i am staying at my work place. Am going to go back at 3am and stay outside to keep a lookout instead. But how long can i hang on... They are really torturing me 😔😔😔

Curioustranger

Master Member
Reaction score
If you’re afraid, why not install a CCTV sister? At least you can keep track and all. If you see like a suspicious person then you may just dial? As from what I believed if you didn’t borrow any sum, I’m sure they won’t come and splash paint. All they can do is pester you & threaten you to take up a loan from them, that’s the best they could do.

I del all msg and block them already. Worst of all i am not staying with my mom, i am staying at my work place. Am going to go back at 3am and stay outside to keep a lookout instead. But how long can i hang on... They are really torturing me 😔😔😔

throwaway00

Reaction score
This is exactly what my hub did n end up he trf them money hoping it will stop the harassment. So dont end up like him.
Borrowing money to payoff "debts".

Jiamin2706

Reaction score
This is exactly what my hub did n end up he trf them money hoping it will stop the harassment. So dont end up like him.
Borrowing money to payoff "debts".
Oh man tats very bad. I am very stressed up 2nd day liao. I just went bak and see nothing happen

Fear Less

Reaction score
SINGAPORE: Two men and a woman were arrested on Wednesday (Jun 12) in two separate cases of loan shark harassment after a vehicle was splashed with paint and tomato sauce was thrown onto a gate.

Police officers were called to a flat along Bedok North Avenue 4 after reports that tomato sauce was splashed across the gate of a home. Graffiti was also scrawled on the wall of the staircase landing beside the unit.

A 31-year-old man and 23-year-old woman were arrested by officers from Bedok Police Division, the Singapore Police Force said in a news release.

Officers seized a bottle of tomato sauce, a black marker and a mobile phone as part of their investigations.

The other incident took place along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 4. Police received a report that paint was thrown over a vehicle and that "loan shark-related notes" were affixed to the vehicle.

A 46-year-old man was arrested in a joint operation between the Criminal Investigation Department and Ang Mo Kio Police Division.

"Preliminary investigations revealed that the man is believed to be involved in at least two other cases of loan-shark harassment," police said.

All three of them will be charged in court on Friday.

First-time offenders found guilty of loan shark harassment may be fined up to S$50,000, jailed for a maximum of five years and caned.

“The police have zero tolerance against loan shark harassment," the force said.

"Those who deliberately vandalise properties or cause annoyance and disruption to public safety, peace and security will be arrested and dealt with severely in accordance with the law.

"Members of the public are advised to stay away from loan sharks and not to work with or assist them in any way."

Source: CNA/na

Oh man tats very bad. I am very stressed up 2nd day liao. I just went bak and see nothing happen

throwaway00

Reaction score

They disturb him for months before he gave in. Idk how but they oso gt his parents add, bank details & statement.
Harass the workplace oso. Just like u bcos wanna protect the fam. He tot by giving some money they will go away

Jiamin2706

Reaction score
I really hope nth will happen

They disturb him for months before he gave in. Idk how but they oso gt his parents add, bank details & statement.
Harass the workplace oso. Just like u bcos wanna protect the fam. He tot by giving some money they will go away

StrangerK

Reaction score
Seeking Advice

Hi, I am unsure on what to do.

As the LS is going to start harassing me, I have reported police about the harassment and planning to get a CCTV.

I am trying to block them as much as possible.

On the other side, I went for an investigation recently and the IO kept telling me that he would charge me because this is not the first investigation.I insisted that I did not help the Loan shark activities after i was arrested in January. I am currently on bail now.

Now i am stressed from both Police and LS.

Should I seek for legal advice?

Please help me out here. You can PM me too. Thanks alot

CloudClau

Reaction score
On the other side, I went for an investigation recently and the IO kept telling me that he would charge me because this is not the first investigation.I insisted that I did not help the Loan shark activities after i was arrested in January. I am currently on bail now.

Hi

Chg your number , go see mp ask for extra patrolling from spf , mp can do that .

titimilkmilkmilk

Master Member
Reaction score
How ur case going on sister? All well nw?

Hi

Chg your number , go see mp ask for extra patrolling from spf , mp can do that .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.