HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-01-2019, 02:28 PM   #7066

Thx you all bro and sis advise...i will following all advise bro and sis gv to me...can i asking bro and sis 1more question?if wan install cctv...where i can report and apply camera or i buy 1 camare and install myself cause i living is HDB below level...
Old 17-01-2019, 03:10 PM   #7067

Thx you all bro and sis advise...i will following all advise bro and sis gv to me...can i asking bro and sis 1more question?if wan install cctv...where i can report and apply camera or i buy 1 camare and install myself cause i living is HDB below level...
If you apply thru town council may need some time for approval. I suggest you just install first if your neighbours dont complain, they wont bother you also.
Can find at sim lim, carousell, q10 and etc. Just google la bro. Install them yourself save alot of $$. So long the camera is facing your gate shouldnt be a problem. Whatever it is you need to stay strong and dont think too much about what they will do. Just be prepared and then live life as per normal. Being paranoid also wont help you out that much.

Good luck and keep on fighting okay? 💪
Old 17-01-2019, 03:20 PM   #7068

Hi im new here. Im NOK yeah im in a trouble also. Because of this harras i've paid them 2k due to close case. I asked them any black/white n they told me yes. Once i did the payment they said i check! After a mins receive message i need to pay another big amount to close account. Wat is tis! N after tat i blocked. In a few mins i received a message n they start to harm me. N now i blocked again d other new number. My heart is really pain that amount i've paid flew away only just like tat! N now i read all tis forum really make me calm. In d 1st place i should listen to him dun pay them stop paying them. But i dun wanna listen. But im still worry anytime/anyday they will harm again! N here i would liked to inform the future NOK please stop paying, it will never end and they can really create a lot of stories to pay tat n tis. Instead he just loan a few hundred dollars n up we paying them thousands over. Dun easily get into their messages! I hope everyone here we are safe.. May God bless Us..

Last edited by _cranky1969; 17-01-2019 at 04:03 PM..
Old 17-01-2019, 03:53 PM   #7069

WTF....the LS text me and tell today payment and i ask he defer again and he said yes...i say why cant make full payment and close the file...he say today defer and clear next 5 days...WTF...
Old 17-01-2019, 04:20 PM   #7070

Hi im new here. Im NOK yeah im in a trouble also. Because of this harras i've paid them 2k due to close case. I asked them any black/white n they told me yes. Once i did the payment they said i check! After a mins receive message i need to pay another big amount to close account. Wat is tis! N after tat i blocked. In a few mins i received a message n they start to harm me. N now i blocked again d other new number. My heart is really pain that amount i've paid flew away only just like tat! N now i read all tis forum really make me calm. In d 1st place i should listen to him dun pay them stop paying them. But i dun wanna listen. But im still worry anytime/anyday they will harm again! N here i would liked to inform the future NOK please stop paying, it will never end and they can really create a lot of stories to pay tat n tis. Instead he just loan a few hundred dollars n up we paying them thousands over. Dun easily get into their messages! I hope everyone here we are safe.. May God bless Us..
It will never end. Have you made a police report?

If you are the NOK, I believe they only have your number and nothing else.

Since you have made the transfer and I believe you had also shown them your bank slip for the transfer with your account details, I would suggest you close that account.

Donít bother about their msgs, just block. If you want to, change number and they can never find you again and you donít have to go through the anxiety of receiving calls or msgs.
Old 17-01-2019, 04:25 PM   #7071

WTF....the LS text me and tell today payment and i ask he defer again and he said yes...i say why cant make full payment and close the file...he say today defer and clear next 5 days...WTF...
It is not a surprise to many of us here. Actually, it was spelled out front to you if you had gone through this forum.

But itís surprising that you did not report this case as well, you hoping that they will give you an easy way out?

They instill in our fear and will come up with millions of reasons the account CANNOT be closed.

How many more defers can you make for them? And based on the credibility of their words, do you think you can clear in the next 5 days? You have the answer already, cut all the wishful thinking and stop it now.
Old 17-01-2019, 04:36 PM   #7072

It will never end. Have you made a police report?

If you are the NOK, I believe they only have your number and nothing else.

Since you have made the transfer and I believe you had also shown them your bank slip for the transfer with your account details, I would suggest you close that account.

Donít bother about their msgs, just block. If you want to, change number and they can never find you again and you donít have to go through the anxiety of receiving calls or msgs.
My husband did d police report. But me not. Oh u mean i nid to change account no too? Cos i only use deposit machine to transfer them. And i've checked d slip frm there's no stated account is blank. Yesterday there's a guy under d void deck n look very suspicious too once in the noon and once in d afternoon n i did report to police. Im scared to leave my house from now onwards. So far i dun get anymore message frm them. But i just need to be extra careful once i leave the house!! Cos once i spoken to them on fone for the 1st deal they did mention they can find my children all n my area here a lot of his people. They can just did anything to Us!! May God Bless Us.
Old 17-01-2019, 04:42 PM   #7073

I agreed with bro messup. Cut it off while u still have some money left for yourself. Sorry to say this but if u pay... Means u showing them u are an easy target and u are scared of them... CNY coming... They also want more money.... U want to give or u want to keep for your own?

In regards of cctv...that 150sgd can get decent one... sg u mus get approval from TC. But buy first install first.

Facebook instagram tiktok twitter all buang first.... Nobody will die with few months no sosial media.

This is sg... U dont have to be so paranoid or afraid of scammers.....

Im the one after 3+ months still looking over my back... my issue cross border....

It is not a surprise to many of us here. Actually, it was spelled out front to you if you had gone through this forum.

But it’s surprising that you did not report this case as well, you hoping that they will give you an easy way out?

They instill in our fear and will come up with millions of reasons the account CANNOT be closed.

How many more defers can you make for them? And based on the credibility of their words, do you think you can clear in the next 5 days? You have the answer already, cut all the wishful thinking and stop it now.
Old 17-01-2019, 04:43 PM   #7074

Yes....i thinking now already...after work i will head up to police station and make a report and block..i will not make any payment again....

But it’s surprising that you did not report this case as well, you hoping that they will give you an easy way out?

Old 17-01-2019, 04:52 PM   #7075

Next time u see any suspicious character... Call police immediately. Let them do a screening of that suspicious person...

To futher protect urself and ur family... Scout ur area for where cctv are place... If u need to go out... Walk along those area... And if u can.. install a cctv at ur home too...

In SG... Crime is still under control... Nobody will anyhow do anything harmful to ur kids... Also u should educate your kids of the situation... As a parent myself.. i belive they have the right to know what is going on... As what i did to my kids .. i told them everything, i advise them and prep them on what should be done incase anything happens.

=_cranky1969;118693142]My husband did d police report. But me not. Oh u mean i nid to change account no too? Cos i only use deposit machine to transfer them. And i've checked d slip frm there's no stated account is blank. Yesterday there's a guy under d void deck n look very suspicious too once in the noon and once in d afternoon n i did report to police. Im scared to leave my house from now onwards. So far i dun get anymore message frm them. But i just need to be extra careful once i leave the house!! Cos once i spoken to them on fone for the 1st deal they did mention they can find my children all n my area here a lot of his people. They can just did anything to Us!! May God Bless Us.[/QUOTE]
Old 17-01-2019, 04:56 PM   #7076

My husband did d police report. But me not. Oh u mean i nid to change account no too? Cos i only use deposit machine to transfer them. And i've checked d slip frm there's no stated account is blank. Yesterday there's a guy under d void deck n look very suspicious too once in the noon and once in d afternoon n i did report to police. Im scared to leave my house from now onwards. So far i dun get anymore message frm them. But i just need to be extra careful once i leave the house!! Cos once i spoken to them on fone for the 1st deal they did mention they can find my children all n my area here a lot of his people. They can just did anything to Us!! May God Bless Us.
If it’s just cash deposit then it’s ok.

But is it a loan scam or loan shark? Who is the one that got into this made you NOK?

Last edited by Messup; 17-01-2019 at 04:59 PM..
Old 17-01-2019, 04:59 PM   #7077

Hi guys.
I'm also facing same problem.
Person I borrowed from turned out to be a scam. I was so stressed out and desperate just to make ends meet that I lost the common sense to do a check on these guys.

Already took 400 (trial loan 600 cashback 400 defer 200 etc.). Was trying to borrow 5k thought 10% interest 10mths I still can manage. Was promised I can reloan 5k after I pay back the trial loan. But when come time to pay, suddenly they ask me to pay first month installment also before they will send the 5k loan. At which point I was like huh?? Previous licensed moneylenders I borrowed from don't have such thing. I asked if they can take the first month money from the loan, so I get 5k-550=4450 instead of the full 5k. Guy keep saying no understand, say his company policy need pay first month first. Call got hung up. So I went to google about this issue and found out it's a bloody scam.

Anyways it's similar to what some of you gg through right. Per the advice I found here, I ignored the guy and not pay back since it would make me their accomplice if I transfer the money to "their" bank acc.

However about a few days ago, guy keeps harassing workplace phone asking for me. Also dared to make reservation at the restaurant I was working at. Trying to scare me (good try though). Luckily didn't make a huge fuss so I just serve them as normal.

Point is, my case got something a little different than the usual ones I see in this forum. Already we had the good opportunity of meeting face to face ☻.
And my boss is the one scared of them more than I am, asking me to pay them off and offering me up.

Any thoughts or advice guys? 🤔
Old 17-01-2019, 04:59 PM   #7078

Next time u see any suspicious character... Call police immediately. Let them do a screening of that suspicious person...

To futher protect urself and ur family... Scout ur area for where cctv are place... If u need to go out... Walk along those area... And if u can.. install a cctv at ur home too...

In SG... Crime is still under control... Nobody will anyhow do anything harmful to ur kids... Also u should educate your kids of the situation... As a parent myself.. i belive they have the right to know what is going on... As what i did to my kids .. i told them everything, i advise them and prep them on what should be done incase anything happens.

=_cranky1969;118693142]My husband did d police report. But me not. Oh u mean i nid to change account no too? Cos i only use deposit machine to transfer them. And i've checked d slip frm there's no stated account is blank. Yesterday there's a guy under d void deck n look very suspicious too once in the noon and once in d afternoon n i did report to police. Im scared to leave my house from now onwards. So far i dun get anymore message frm them. But i just need to be extra careful once i leave the house!! Cos once i spoken to them on fone for the 1st deal they did mention they can find my children all n my area here a lot of his people. They can just did anything to Us!! May God Bless Us.
[/QUOTE]
Thank You for your advised, i did informed my kids for their protection too. Tis suspicious man is clever they dun reveal their reactions on CCTV's they hide in between of the pillars. My Blk have a lot of CCTV's too. Just only that nid to becareful too. May God Bless Us🙏
Old 17-01-2019, 05:03 PM   #7079

You seen their face... Ur place have cctv? Its a golden opportunity to let the police know, don't you think so? If its not a licence money lender... The its UML....

Hi guys.
I'm also facing same problem.
Person I borrowed from turned out to be a scam. I was so stressed out and desperate just to make ends meet that I lost the common sense to do a check on these guys.

Already took 400 (trial loan 600 cashback 400 defer 200 etc.). Was trying to borrow 5k thought 10% interest 10mths I still can manage. Was promised I can reloan 5k after I pay back the trial loan. But when come time to pay, suddenly they ask me to pay first month installment also before they will send the 5k loan. At which point I was like huh?? Previous licensed moneylenders I borrowed from don't have such thing. I asked if they can take the first month money from the loan, so I get 5k-550=4450 instead of the full 5k. Guy keep saying no understand, say his company policy need pay first month first. Call got hung up. So I went to google about this issue and found out it's a bloody scam.

Anyways it's similar to what some of you gg through right. Per the advice I found here, I ignored the guy and not pay back since it would make me their accomplice if I transfer the money to "their" bank acc.

However about a few days ago, guy keeps harassing workplace phone asking for me. Also dared to make reservation at the restaurant I was working at. Trying to scare me (good try though). Luckily didn't make a huge fuss so I just serve them as normal.

Point is, my case got something a little different than the usual ones I see in this forum. Already we had the good opportunity of meeting face to face ☻.
And my boss is the one scared of them more than I am, asking me to pay them off and offering me up.

Any thoughts or advice guys? 🤔
Old 17-01-2019, 05:11 PM   #7080

[QUOTE=Messup;118693468]If itís just cash deposit then itís ok.

But is it a loan scam or loan shark? Who is the one that got into this made you NOK?[/QUOTE
Ireally dunno all about tis Loan Scam n Loan Shark. Only tat they call me n harras me and said my hubby take d loan frm them. And wat i noe my hubby try to made d payment n they try to said defer or wat! Cos i want my family to be safe i've made d transfer!! N up will never been ending.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.