Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree148Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-01-2019, 05:19 PM   #7081

[QUOTE=_cranky1969;118693726]
If itís just cash deposit then itís ok.

But is it a loan scam or loan shark? Who is the one that got into this made you NOK?[/QUOTE
Ireally dunno all about tis Loan Scam n Loan Shark. Only tat they call me n harras me and said my hubby take d loan frm them. And wat i noe my hubby try to made d payment n they try to said defer or wat! Cos i want my family to be safe i've made d transfer!! N up will never been ending.
So your husband took a loan from them? Or they force an amount into your husbandís account and told him to pay after a few days?

Whatever it is, make police report and donít reply or answer them anymore.

Stay vigilant and be strong!
Old 17-01-2019, 05:24 PM   #7082

[QUOTE=Messup;118693877]

So your husband took a loan from them? Or they force an amount into your husbandís account and told him to pay after a few days?

Whatever it is, make police report and donít reply or answer them anymore.

Stay vigilant and be strong!
Thank You for ur advised here. Hope we are safe. May God Bless All of Us here🙏
Old 17-01-2019, 05:26 PM   #7083

You seen their face... Ur place have cctv? Its a golden opportunity to let the police know, don't you think so? If its not a licence money lender... The its UML....
uml or licensed I think now they're all in it together. like how mafia have legal business and illegal business.

the thing is, if business I still can accept. but this one really trying to scam me. and I've read similar stories where the scam is neverending one.

my place got small cctv. but it only looks to inside rather than outside. this scammer uml not bad I think, quite smart lol. I talked to the police, showed them the call history and all and my reason for making them suspect, but they say bo pian cannot do anything since they were behaving themselves lol.

MAYBE they could send a small patrol and wait to do id check and it would link himself to the illegal business he doing... but SPF too nice lah. don't want anyhow disturb citizens right? 😏
Old 17-01-2019, 05:36 PM   #7084

[QUOTE=_cranky1969;118693967]

Thank You for ur advised here. Hope we are safe. May God Bless All of Us here🙏
Thank you. May God bless you and family.
Old 17-01-2019, 06:10 PM   #7085

The LS keep send text and ask me already transfer the defer money to him....i just keep ingroe the messages and wait until finish work then go police station make report

Last edited by pigping91; 17-01-2019 at 06:14 PM..
Old 17-01-2019, 06:15 PM   #7086

The LS keep send text and ask me already transfer the defer money to him....i just keep ingroe the messages and wait until finish work then go police station make report
They will keep at it, don't bother to read, just block.
Old 17-01-2019, 06:18 PM   #7087

[QUOTE=_cranky1969;118693726]
If itís just cash deposit then itís ok.

But is it a loan scam or loan shark? Who is the one that got into this made you NOK?[/QUOTE
Ireally dunno all about tis Loan Scam n Loan Shark. Only tat they call me n harras me and said my hubby take d loan frm them. And wat i noe my hubby try to made d payment n they try to said defer or wat! Cos i want my family to be safe i've made d transfer!! N up will never been ending.
Confirm loan scam. Make report and hang on tight, don't be afraid.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams
Old 17-01-2019, 06:18 PM   #7088

Any new 2019 tips to take note of about these unwanted calls and all? Thanks bro!
On my, on my, on my, on my 'cence, yeah.. #2019
Old 17-01-2019, 06:22 PM   #7089

Hi guys.
I'm also facing same problem.
Person I borrowed from turned out to be a scam. I was so stressed out and desperate just to make ends meet that I lost the common sense to do a check on these guys.

Already took 400 (trial loan 600 cashback 400 defer 200 etc.). Was trying to borrow 5k thought 10% interest 10mths I still can manage. Was promised I can reloan 5k after I pay back the trial loan. But when come time to pay, suddenly they ask me to pay first month installment also before they will send the 5k loan. At which point I was like huh?? Previous licensed moneylenders I borrowed from don't have such thing. I asked if they can take the first month money from the loan, so I get 5k-550=4450 instead of the full 5k. Guy keep saying no understand, say his company policy need pay first month first. Call got hung up. So I went to google about this issue and found out it's a bloody scam.

Anyways it's similar to what some of you gg through right. Per the advice I found here, I ignored the guy and not pay back since it would make me their accomplice if I transfer the money to "their" bank acc.

However about a few days ago, guy keeps harassing workplace phone asking for me. Also dared to make reservation at the restaurant I was working at. Trying to scare me (good try though). Luckily didn't make a huge fuss so I just serve them as normal.

Point is, my case got something a little different than the usual ones I see in this forum. Already we had the good opportunity of meeting face to face ☻.
And my boss is the one scared of them more than I am, asking me to pay them off and offering me up.

Any thoughts or advice guys? 🤔
They will keep harassing in the hope you give in, never give in or pay to them, the story will keep going on and on.

If he dare to come again, pin him down and call 999 to arrest him. File your report asap and explain the boss and NOK its a scam.

Old 17-01-2019, 06:29 PM   #7090

My husband did d police report. But me not. Oh u mean i nid to change account no too? Cos i only use deposit machine to transfer them. And i've checked d slip frm there's no stated account is blank. Yesterday there's a guy under d void deck n look very suspicious too once in the noon and once in d afternoon n i did report to police. Im scared to leave my house from now onwards. So far i dun get anymore message frm them. But i just need to be extra careful once i leave the house!! Cos once i spoken to them on fone for the 1st deal they did mention they can find my children all n my area here a lot of his people. They can just did anything to Us!! May God Bless Us.
Once you transfer money to them, your account could be marked once police start to trace. For the safety of your family, do not hesitate to call 999 if you encounter any suspicious people around the personal details given.

Old 17-01-2019, 06:39 PM   #7091
Arch-Supremacy Member

Did you listen to them talk? SG or MY accent? Anyway, you should have call the police there and then. Good opportunity to nab them but I half suspect they are not the real scammers. How you know they are the ones who made the reservation?

Hi guys.
I'm also facing same problem.
Person I borrowed from turned out to be a scam. I was so stressed out and desperate just to make ends meet that I lost the common sense to do a check on these guys.

Already took 400 (trial loan 600 cashback 400 defer 200 etc.). Was trying to borrow 5k thought 10% interest 10mths I still can manage. Was promised I can reloan 5k after I pay back the trial loan. But when come time to pay, suddenly they ask me to pay first month installment also before they will send the 5k loan. At which point I was like huh?? Previous licensed moneylenders I borrowed from don't have such thing. I asked if they can take the first month money from the loan, so I get 5k-550=4450 instead of the full 5k. Guy keep saying no understand, say his company policy need pay first month first. Call got hung up. So I went to google about this issue and found out it's a bloody scam.

Anyways it's similar to what some of you gg through right. Per the advice I found here, I ignored the guy and not pay back since it would make me their accomplice if I transfer the money to "their" bank acc.

However about a few days ago, guy keeps harassing workplace phone asking for me. Also dared to make reservation at the restaurant I was working at. Trying to scare me (good try though). Luckily didn't make a huge fuss so I just serve them as normal.

Point is, my case got something a little different than the usual ones I see in this forum. Already we had the good opportunity of meeting face to face ☻.
And my boss is the one scared of them more than I am, asking me to pay them off and offering me up.

Any thoughts or advice guys? 🤔
Old 17-01-2019, 06:42 PM   #7092
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any new 2019 tips to take note of about these unwanted calls and all? Thanks bro!

Some phones have this function whereby you can key in a words and when a sms come in and contain that words, it will be auto save into the block message "folder". But it cannot filter whatsapp thou. As for phone call, don't pick up unfamiliar numbers.
Old 17-01-2019, 06:43 PM   #7093
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes. Just ignore them
Old 17-01-2019, 07:22 PM   #7094

Cranky . Listen to our bro messy .
Yours is scam . Not real loan shark.
Cctv is good to record suspicious characters.
I am pretty sure they wont come .
Shut off all comms with them , includding noks. Inform work place about this scam .

Fear nothing. Believe us.

Hi im new here. Im NOK yeah im in a trouble also. Because of this harras i've paid them 2k due to close case. I asked them any black/white n they told me yes. Once i did the payment they said i check! After a mins receive message i need to pay another big amount to close account. Wat is tis! N after tat i blocked. In a few mins i received a message n they start to harm me. N now i blocked again d other new number. My heart is really pain that amount i've paid flew away only just like tat! N now i read all tis forum really make me calm. In d 1st place i should listen to him dun pay them stop paying them. But i dun wanna listen. But im still worry anytime/anyday they will harm again! N here i would liked to inform the future NOK please stop paying, it will never end and they can really create a lot of stories to pay tat n tis. Instead he just loan a few hundred dollars n up we paying them thousands over. Dun easily get into their messages! I hope everyone here we are safe.. May God bless Us..
Old 17-01-2019, 07:44 PM   #7095

Wtf... I received 200 over calls from the LS today . Super irritating ..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.