Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Okay guys...

Today, a friend and I contacted one of the many spam offers that I get, using said friend's mobile number, to ask for a loan. I gave them my details, NRIC copy, NOK mobile numbers like before and said I needed money. This person said he would do a check (yes, *the* check) and then get back to me. As at the time of this writing, 400$ has been transferred to my friend's bank account using my details, which I consented to 100%. In the grand scheme of things, my friend does not exist.

Initially we wanted create a smoke screen to make it seem that my personal details had been stolen to acquire loans, we didn't expect to actually get any money as I was convinced that I had been blacklisted in the ah long database. But as the night progressed and the ah long funded whiskey emptied, our discussions took a more ambitious turn. Depending on how this project flies, we plan to use different phone numbers to ask for loans using my personal details. The outcome could go one of two ways, either my details have been marked and they won't give us money or they have no network to check and will give us money in the hopes of extorting more, in which case, we have no intention of giving it back. Of course, the amount we plan to take is within reason based on previous findings.

This is still in experimental stage and I would appreciate your input.

(Disclaimer: It is a criminal offence to obtain loans using someone else's personal details.)

Scam loanshark money for holiday again ah?lol.good luck not everytime u can escape from them hor..it just take one angry loanshark to do something jalan.then u will regret..

Btw yr loanshark so stupid ah NVR ask for yr singpass ah.

Last edited:

Mattdumdum

Reaction score
I’ve been following this forum the past couple of days and I’m glad im not alone in this. Mine started abt 3 weeks ago, stupidly gave my information to enquire and was made to take a loan of $500 payable $700 in one week. Their excuse was need to check my credibility and see if i can pay before they can grant me a higher loan. Told me to text tjem 1 day b4 my due date ie on Tuesday to inform them i will clear full. One day b4 my due date was a Tuesday which was vesak day and thinking it was a ph, i texted them on Monday to tell them i will clear full on that Monday. They say cannotmust wait till Wednesday. One Tuesday abt 11pm i texted them to inform I will clear full on Wednesday and asked for thier acc number. Guy called Albert texted me acc number asked me to pay $250. I said dowan will pay all $700 and i trf the amt. called me to say my payment defaulted bcos i nvr follow instructions to text them 1 day before, when in actual fact i did but he said said my text came in too late office close! I told him how the hell i know their office was opened even on ph. Said no cannot help my $ gone. I demanded to talk to his boss and was referred to ifiot called thomas who said the same thing. Say they are processing highercloan for me but i need to trf again $700 by the following Wednesday which was last week. While chatting with him on friday, received another text from guy called glenn ask if i can support his business by taking a loan. I told him no bcos I’ve just be cheated by this Albert and thomas and he said one bad apple does not mean whole bunch is bad. Fast forward and due to his sweet talked, forced trf $600 to me and said payment $800 by next Friday (which was last week) and he will process higher loan for me.

On Tuesday (which was 1 day b4 my due date with thomas), i received a whatsapp text from another number asking me to pay my loan full by 11 am to some acc number. Bcos I know my payment not due till Wednesday i f**d him and asked him to go to hell. He kept quiet the whole day. I still diligently texted thomas and Albert saying I’m giving my 1 day notice as requested by their stupid policy to inform them I will clear my loan on Wednesday. Seen zone only. Then on Wednesday, Thomas texted me using the same number as the day b4 asking me to pay before 12 and gave me acc number. I trf and he called to say my payment invalid bcosbi mever trf on Tuesday when he texted!! Wth!! I got so mad i f**d him upside down then he told me he AL. Told me will contact my nok. Ibtildbhim go ahead as I was otw to make police report. Albert then called my nok and got f**d by my nok!! We both proceeded to make police report and i spammed and blocked both their numbers. And all these whilebibwas updating to glenn whatever happened so as to show him im not joking. Even screenshot my police report to show him. Gave me some emphatic words and assured me he’s not like them.

Now come last Friday, i texted glenn for his acc number. Gave me excuses mtg la havent reached office la having lunch la. Finally gave me acc number abt 3 plus. I trd, he texted to say my higher loan docs being prepared but need me to trf another $200 deferment loan. I f**d him, spammed and blocked his number. Nownim just waiting see if thomas will text me tmr for another $700!!

Haiz, all my fault itchy la want to enquire. In the end, got scammed and extorted!!

Hang in there bro.

EJ1208

Reaction score
Oh ok... mine is $500 and $600. The $500 one i paid once with with interest of $200, and followed up with another payment of $700 bcos according to them the first payment defaulted or invalid or dont know what la. This was last Wednesday. I'm not planning to pay anymore since to me I already cleared off my since the first payment, in fact they now owe me $700 ...

For the second one, say deferment $200 after i paid $800 last friday. do not intend to pay anymore also bcos i consider it close even if he consider otherwise.

EJ1208

Reaction score
Let's hope that everything will go well for all of us ya! These incorrigible *******s need to burn in hell!

Mattdumdum

Reaction score
Oh ok... mine is $500 and $600. The $500 one i paid once with with interest of $200, and followed up with another payment of $700 bcos according to them the first payment defaulted or invalid or dont know what la. This was last Wednesday. I'm not planning to pay anymore since to me I already cleared off my since the first payment, in fact they now owe me $700 ...

For the second one, say deferment $200 after i paid $800 last friday. do not intend to pay anymore also bcos i consider it close even if he consider otherwise.

I’m still wondering how they manage to withdraw their money? With large sums, atm also can’t withdraw. Have to go to the bank, where there should be some form of surveillance.

Bamster78

Reaction score
this jovan is an ass... he will keep on asking u to defer n suddenly open another loan under his friend.. dun allow u to pay full... crazy idiot...

You also get from him? So what happened next?

Last edited:

EJ1208

Reaction score
Unless what they do is break the amount into smaller portions, maybe thats why $500 here, $600 there all transferred everywhere just to split all the amts so that they do not need to go to the banks at all.

Adt007

Reaction score
I’m still wondering how they manage to withdraw their money? With large sums, atm also can’t withdraw. Have to go to the bank, where there should be some form of surveillance.

They use debtors (who surrender their atm cards to the UML) atm card. And everytime got money come in, the runners will go withdraw out or transfer to another account to withdraw out. At any one time, you wont see more than $2000 in the account de.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
weird, u guys got so much money to pay back.. why even consider taking loans in the first place?

Infinitylo

Reaction score
Urm. No. It's not a scam and hardly revenge. This isn't poetic justice on behalf of anyone. I don't care about any of you. It's an opportunity for myself and only me. Technical input only please. Thx.

Yes it is.. U could earn alot from there. Goodluck

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
They use debtors (who surrender their atm cards to the UML) atm card. And everytime got money come in, the runners will go withdraw out or transfer to another account to withdraw out. At any one time, you wont see more than $2000 in the account de.

Yeah they have runner on standby with ATM card..

Sharuu

Reaction score
Scam loanshark money for holiday again ah?lol.good luck not everytime u can escape from them hor..it just take one angry loanshark to do something jalan.then u will regret..

Btw yr loanshark so stupid ah NVR ask for yr singpass ah.

He didn't. He only asked to do verification by call and we spoke briefly after I gave my details but before I gave account number. Then during the call also, I asked standard questions. First I said I needed, then I said changed mind, then I said I needed again then changed mind again. Then he told me I still needed to pay "admin cost" even if I didn't take the loan. I finally agreed and asked if he could do 400$ instead of his initial offer of 300$. He said okay and did the transfer.

"I" have to "confirm" by Thursday and "pay back" 530$ by Friday. Lol.

How ah?

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
He didn't. He only asked to do verification by call and we spoke briefly after I gave my details but before I gave account number. Then during the call also, I asked standard questions. First I said I needed, then I said changed mind, then I said I needed again then changed mind again. Then he told me I still needed to pay "admin cost" even if I didn't take the loan. I finally agreed and asked if he could do 400$ instead of his initial offer of 300$. He said okay and did the transfer.

"I" have to "confirm" by Thursday and "pay back" 530$ by Friday. Lol.

How ah?

Just take lo..say u need it for Hari Raya..hahaha this type cfm scammer ah loan..basic verification check also NVR do..hahaha if he kena scam blame it on his stupidity

Mattdumdum

Reaction score
Dont succumb bro! Today is your due date?

Well technically there should be no due date, I foolishly made “full payment”, then they said that I cause their account to be frozen, need to make payment again. That’s when i woke up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.