HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2019, 09:00 AM   #7711

If they keep xtfr w/o ur consent, can we withdraw that amount and pass to SPF as evidence?
For me it was $980, intent to make report. Have not tell my intention to cancel loan to LS.
Not sure how they will react becoz they expect $1.46k. What if they refuse to take back the $980 & instead xtfr more?
I'm trying to keep my sanity in check.
Are you still in contact with them? When are you supposed to return the $1.46k?

Some experiences from victims here are as follows:-

1) if you tell them you want to cancel loan, they will tell you there’s cancellation fees.
2) if you want to return the money back to them, they will say you transferred to wrong account la, need cash deposit la, transfer different amount to different account, etc and you got to redo the transfer back. All these excuses is after you had made the transfer back to them.

Do report to SPF and be vigilant. Be prepared for harassments but do stay calm and strong.
Old 26-02-2019, 09:11 AM   #7712

Are you still in contact with them?
I have 2 numbers to contact. One for watsapp conversation, the other only direct call.

Even if they ask for cancellation fee and provide me with an account, I thinking sending back only amount I receive and prepare myself.

Now thinking of not giving them a single cent more.

Am I doing the right thing? Thursday is the 1st payment.
Old 26-02-2019, 09:18 AM   #7713
Master Member

I doubt so they’ll accept la. But you can nego price with him lo. If me i won’t pay le, since he’s the one auto xfer

I have 2 numbers to contact. One for watsapp conversation, the other only direct call.

Even if they ask for cancellation fee and provide me with an account, I thinking sending back only amount I receive and prepare myself.

Old 26-02-2019, 09:25 AM   #7714

I doubt so they’ll accept la. But you can nego price with him lo. If me i won’t pay le, since he’s the one auto xfer
Of course I expect them to kpkb after they realise I return only the principal. They can come and harass me.
If I lose my sanity, I can also call and disturb them if my brain short circuit. But I know that is a bold statement, outside look solid, inside I already melting.

Last edited by green72; 26-02-2019 at 09:52 AM..
Old 26-02-2019, 01:48 PM   #7715
High Supremacy Member

will they harass my house? that the main thing. the loan amount wasn't big. n I guess not really worth it paying the runner to harass me.
No worry, confirm will harass you.
The loan will never end.
They will ask you defer or give you a bank account to bank in money then give a lot of rubbish excuses.
Close your bank account.
Make a police report immediately.
Let the police handle them.
Old 26-02-2019, 05:02 PM   #7716

No worry, confirm will harass you.
The loan will never end.
They will ask you defer or give you a bank account to bank in money then give a lot of rubbish excuses.
Close your bank account.
Make a police report immediately.
Let the police handle them.
what type of harassment? I remain contactable.
Old 26-02-2019, 05:51 PM   #7717

Guys, here's my advice. For those the UML transfer you the money already, call up your bank and ask the bank to transfer back the money to the account owner. After that, make a police report. Tell them everything. For my case, the UML stopped harassing me after they tried calling my office. Its been over a month now. I didnt block their numbers as i want to keep track of their harassment. Never transfer them the money even though its the principle amount that they gave you. Ask the bank to do it. Stop entertaining them and they will get tired eventually.
Old 26-02-2019, 07:04 PM   #7718

Guys, here's my advice. For those the UML transfer you the money already, call up your bank and ask the bank to transfer back the money to the account owner. After that, make a police report. Tell them everything. For my case, the UML stopped harassing me after they tried calling my office. Its been over a month now. I didnt block their numbers as i want to keep track of their harassment. Never transfer them the money even though its the principle amount that they gave you. Ask the bank to do it. Stop entertaining them and they will get tired eventually.
What do you explain to the bank? UML activities or wrong transfer?
Old 26-02-2019, 07:13 PM   #7719

Agree.
And if possible, pls tell all your friends about this Web page. Let them know about loan scams brfore someone fall into trouble again and again.

Nobody know this website untill that day happened and will be good if we let them know before they fall in right?

If have time, just read all old post and learn experiences how to solve if you have some problems with loan scams.

Don't panic, we have to stay strong to face them. You can do it.

Take care everybody.
Old 26-02-2019, 08:32 PM   #7720

Thank you very much. I follow up about this so that others will also learn.

Everything else I ok, even if workplace kena phone harassment but it's a big headache explaining this to my wife. But I need to suck it up.

F*ck this LS. Playing with our predicament with stuffs like "low interest". A bit lucky I found this discussion.
True. Breaking the news to your NOK is always the hardest. But yr wife deserve to know especially if you put her as yr NOK. Asleast if the call her up she know what happened. Of course you will get it from her but just stay quiet and apologise. You need their support at times like this. Hope everything will be okay for you soon.
Old 26-02-2019, 08:32 PM   #7721
Supremacy Member

Just an update, it has been few days since we it has happen to me. Block their numbers, they never called back. No funds were transferred to my account. I guess I was lucky..
Old 26-02-2019, 08:36 PM   #7722

will they harass my house? that the main thing. the loan amount wasn't big. n I guess not really worth it paying the runner to harass me.
It all depends on your luck. No such thing as amount big or small. For now just lay low and take all the necessary precautions. Put all social media in private. Even yr whatsapp DP.

Stay safe and strong ya! 💪
Old 26-02-2019, 08:42 PM   #7723

First and foremost it is important to report to the police.
As you know, they wont provide you their own account. They will use accounts of victims like us to transfer the money. Imagine some poor soul like us receiving the money you transferred? They report to the police and your acct num was reflected. If you dont report, the police might take you as an accomplice.

Even if you want to return them back the money, they will come out with 1001 excuses to extort more money from you. So right now the best option is to stop communicating with them and let the police do their job.
On your part be extra vigillant whenever you're home. See any suspicious person just call the police.
Old 26-02-2019, 08:43 PM   #7724

Just an update, it has been few days since we it has happen to me. Block their numbers, they never called back. No funds were transferred to my account. I guess I was lucky..
Good for you. Just stay positive but vigilant too. You'll never know what or when they will do next.

I hope all is well for you.
Old 26-02-2019, 08:58 PM   #7725

What do you explain to the bank? UML activities or wrong transfer?
Tell the bank that you suspect it is money laundering and you dont know the money is from where. Say that you already lodge a police report and this is a follow up that the police officer ask you to do.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.