HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree148Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2019, 08:19 AM   #7771

For all who got loan scams, shouldnít we post the numbers and contact info of these scammers in a cosolidated thread so all knows about it? If not, can PM me and Iíll consolidate?
Old 28-02-2019, 08:42 AM   #7772

Bro. They got plenty of numbers to burn .
Also whats good if we consol the numbers ? The people here are a small percentage of whats happening outside this forum . Data collection of ls numbers should be best left to spf .
We all here are in defence mode and damage control situation.

Good morning bro JLeague. Thought you had a long cny. I have an idea on preventive measure. It will require man hours alamak also woman hours to diseminate information via phone app ie using whatsapp which is almost free.
If you think positively about this idea , maybe we can meet at the police station ( clear ourselves).
I am sure many here knew IO orinspector and ask .

As I have said , this is volunteer work.
Its so sickening to see family and career wrecked under loan scam situation. Past posts by other bros revealed that police will only take action when scene of crime take place. Spf cant do much about phone harrassment. They will tell you to stop comm and ignore.

For all who got loan scams, shouldnít we post the numbers and contact info of these scammers in a cosolidated thread so all knows about it? If not, can PM me and Iíll consolidate?
Old 28-02-2019, 10:31 AM   #7773

Quick update.

I/O at SPF reiterate not to contact the UML.

Also was advised to bring Police Report to town council for approval if I decide to install cctv myself at my property.

The message here is break all contact with these LS.
Old 28-02-2019, 01:23 PM   #7774

Other advice is here:
FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

PM if clueless.
Thanks for the link. PM you.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:51 AM   #7775

Hi there, Iíve been a victim for 8 months now.

Iíve finally got the courage to block them today.
I do not know what Iíll be facing but Iíll update again for those who are still facing this circumstances.

They will continually ask you to pay, have ďaccidental transfersĒ and the latest one I got is, the person you always talk to is on leave. I am just here to ask you to pay.

Iíve made a police report but itís of no use.
Iíve taken the first step, to change your bank account.
To stop them from transferring you again.

Iíve taken the first step but Iím honestly still afraid.
Itís about the embarrassment we got to go through and all hopefully will be ok.

Thanks for all the advice here, itís better than what police have said.
And I know Iím not alone in this.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:08 AM   #7776

Hello all! First of all thank you to those you shares their experiences and kind advices.For me it all started yesterday.I enquired about loan in FB.the process and how the repayment like.
My intention was to help my husband.Somehow i was so stupid when he ask for my IC details,bank details.I gave them when they say they need it to check their system whether im eligible or not.Very stupid of me i even tell them where i work.Now im scared.

I did ask too if he is from a Licensed company in the convo and he mentioned yes.even provide me company name
Hours later he whatsapp me and and tell me that $300 is transferred to my account.I replied and say No i didnt make any confirmation i didnt say yes and why you transfer me $300? He said it was a trial loan from his company.I called back the number he provide.Told him I dont want the money,give me the payment details and i will transfer back ASAP.He told me he will give the details only next week for payment.
I told him again and again i dont want to wait longer but he didnt listen.
This is some of what he told me:
*When u rec my acc u must ack first then bank in. If u did not ack my acc n bank in, what amt u pay also not counted. Take note
*cut off time 5pm.

I know i have to let my husband know.Im staying with my two young kids..my blind mom and husband.i am truly sorry i have to drag them into all these.so lastnight i made a police report.called up the bank to freeze my card.just now went to bank to have the amount transfer back to the account but cant.i went to Sim Lim to get a CCTV installed too.The moneylender whatsapp me two receipt of ATM and by internet banking.

I then called up my IO.she advised me to just wait for their call.when they call they sure ask for more money.Dont pay more or less.just pay what they transfer and ignore anything from them .
Tomorrow i want to terminate my number.But i am worried sick after i read some exp saying that they will splash paint..go to workplace..lock the gate.I just have to blame myself now.Havent been able to eat since yesterday.no appetite even for a sip of water.I am now wondering what will happen next

Last edited by Lamedino; 01-03-2019 at 03:25 AM..
Old 01-03-2019, 05:31 AM   #7777

Your bank unable to return the money?

My situation is not a lot better than yours. At least you have installed a CCTV. For you and your family sake you eat and drink to have the physical and mental strength to stay strong. I too have to force myself to replenish myself and even force myself to sleep. We have to.

For myself, I'm the head of the family like your husband and sole bread winner and this adds up for me a lot. I can say, stay strong but I know it's easier said than done.

Last edited by green72; 01-03-2019 at 06:14 AM..
Old 01-03-2019, 07:48 AM   #7778

Yes.Bank not able to transfer back.Thank you for your kind words.I wish you well for your safety too and hope everything will be over and done for u very very soon and for the rest of the victims here too.
Frankly,i feel a bit better after reading up comments here..its just that now im so worried.its my very first time.I am really stupid in all these.What will happen next..how and what are usually LS activities/tactics..whats next? Whats next? Just too scared.
Your bank unable to return the money?

My situation is not a lot better than yours. At least you have installed a CCTV. For you and your family sake you eat and drink to have the physical and mental strength to stay strong. I too have to force myself to replenish myself and even force myself to sleep. We have to.

For myself, I'm the head of the family like your husband and sole bread winner and this adds up for me a lot. I can say, stay strong but I know it's easier said than done.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:54 AM   #7779

This morning I kena for the 2nd time. Called the police, they helped to cut the chain and I showed them my cctv footage ... runner never wear mask, wear bright coloured tee, everything in the footage so clear. Now all I can do is wait, pray and tahan ..... And they also assigned my case to new IO.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:20 AM   #7780
Master Member

Hello sister. Don’t worry they will never go to your work place. But in fact the most they will keep harass your office as you provided them details of. Yes you did the right thing by closing account & for the money wise, doesn’t able to trf back, so just keep the money. Install CCTV asap before the harassment starts. And do not open the door if there’s unknown people whom are knocking the door as they might be runner whom sent by LS to take pic of to send and threaten you more from there. You’re not alone, we’ll try to help you as much from now. Please do eat and drink as life continues, and you need to be strong to face this. Cheers!

Yes.Bank not able to transfer back.Thank you for your kind words.I wish you well for your safety too and hope everything will be over and done for u very very soon and for the rest of the victims here too.
Frankly,i feel a bit better after reading up comments here..its just that now im so worried.its my very first time.I am really stupid in all these.What will happen next..how and what are usually LS activities/tactics..whats next? Whats next? Just too scared.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:24 AM   #7781
Master Member

Yup bro don’t worry after harassment in fact police & IO will do something abt it alr. Stay strong bro. 👍

This morning I kena for the 2nd time. Called the police, they helped to cut the chain and I showed them my cctv footage ... runner never wear mask, wear bright coloured tee, everything in the footage so clear. Now all I can do is wait, pray and tahan ..... And they also assigned my case to new IO.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:43 PM   #7782

Ok.i will take note of it.Wont anyhow open the door.i havent been able to eat yet except drink.I cant sleep.Waiting for the call is just too painful.So now should i terminate my handphone line?what about my NOK line that i provide them?terminate too?
Hello sister. Donít worry they will never go to your work place. But in fact the most they will keep harass your office as you provided them details of. Yes you did the right thing by closing account & for the money wise, doesnít able to trf back, so just keep the money. Install CCTV asap before the harassment starts. And do not open the door if thereís unknown people whom are knocking the door as they might be runner whom sent by LS to take pic of to send and threaten you more from there. Youíre not alone, weíll try to help you as much from now. Please do eat and drink as life continues, and you need to be strong to face this. Cheers!
Old 01-03-2019, 02:15 PM   #7783
Master Member

Don’t have to terminate, just block them will do. As for your office no just be frank with them that you’ve been scammed.

Ok.i will take note of it.Wont anyhow open the door.i havent been able to eat yet except drink.I cant sleep.Waiting for the call is just too painful.So now should i terminate my handphone line?what about my NOK line that i provide them?terminate too?
Old 01-03-2019, 05:05 PM   #7784

Illegal Moneylenders

Have anyone heard or have experience with STR Credit ? They claim their office at Boon Lay and even address but that address belong to Money Max.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:34 PM   #7785
Master Member

I just googled there’s no STR credit. Most probably that’s a loanshark company. If there’s anything in doubt of, always Google.

Have anyone heard or have experience with STR Credit ? They claim their office at Boon Lay and even address but that address belong to Money Max.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.