HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2019, 10:29 AM   #7816

Vimo Novo is right.
Those are keyboard warrior only fierce on the phone.
The loan shark don't dare come meet you face to face, probably calling from Malaysia.
Those you saw are runners and debtor them self who are desperate for money.
Update:

My bank not able to transfer back the $1k, so possibly money might have been transferred from overseas.

I'll hold on to it. If after a year or two no more harassment, might use it as compensation for the duress and cost of installing the CCTVs.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:34 AM   #7817

Please click the video and see how fierce is the runner.
He can't even dare to lift up his head.
The guy probably is debtor who are desperate for money.
Those who called you are hiding oversea, no ball to come to Singapore meet you face to face.
They only very fierce on the phone.
Must trust in our SPF
These runners are sometimes victims that succumb to the LS threats and harassments It means they are the types that cannot overcome their fear.

We are lucky our SPF is dependable.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:09 PM   #7818

These runners are sometimes victims that succumb to the LS threats and harassments It means they are the types that cannot overcome their fear.

We are lucky our SPF is dependable.
You have learnt a lot. They could really be fellow victims fellow singaporeans who have been tricked once again. Pls have compassion for them.

There are also those who thought they can make a quick buck by being a runner (often young people). They are very wrong.

End of the day, why are fellow singaporeans victims of all these scammers who may not even be in Singapore? Let us stop them.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:51 PM   #7819

Thanks to all for helpful advice. Again playing devilís advocate, Iím just worried that they show up at the office and pretend to be a friend or relative. Front desk / reception will not know any better and then direct them to my floor. Iím just very paranoid over the fact that they might threaten my job.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:45 PM   #7820

Thanks to all for helpful advice. Again playing devilís advocate, Iím just worried that they show up at the office and pretend to be a friend or relative. Front desk / reception will not know any better and then direct them to my floor. Iím just very paranoid over the fact that they might threaten my job.
If you've made a police report, you could maybe show it to the frontdesk/reception that an imposter might be looking for you. So they can be on the lookout.

Just a suggestion.
Old 04-03-2019, 01:50 PM   #7821

You no need scared of loan shark. Just let our SPF handle them.
You only need to scare of the legal money lender.
They really will send debt collector to your working place and Police can't do anything about it.

The government need to relook at this debt collection industry.
If a loanee don't have money, coming down to collect is also useless. It's basically a harassment.
Declaring bankrupt is the only way but of course the License Money lender will be the last in queue.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:21 PM   #7822
nf2
Supremacy Member

I am on a personal hunt to obtain UML information.

Search for this plate number SGW4725L. Related to UML.
Will forward information to IO once anyone here able to trace plate owner.

Road Tax Expiry Date: 19 Jul 2019

Vehicle Make: TOYOTA

Vehicle Model: COROLLA ALTIS 1.6 AUTO

Colour: Black

Happy hunting.

Last edited by nf2; 06-03-2019 at 03:42 AM..
Old 04-03-2019, 05:00 PM   #7823

Update:

My bank not able to transfer back the $1k, so possibly money might have been transferred from overseas.

I'll hold on to it. If after a year or two no more harassment, might use it as compensation for the duress and cost of installing the CCTVs.

Use this to buy us coffee lor
Old 04-03-2019, 05:29 PM   #7824

Use this to buy us coffee lor
Today start of the harassment. Now only they know my intention. I return 1 watsapp only say instruct bank to return money.Then block & report. They send another watsapp from another number, don't read, just block.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:36 PM   #7825

Related to UML.

Happy hunting.
Here cannot post info like that. We don't know maybe you are UML and car owner victim.

Pls remove the info and let SPF handle. I know we angry but cannot go vigilante.

If car owner caught breaking the law and you pass evidence to SPF, then just wait.

Last edited by green72; 04-03-2019 at 05:43 PM..
Old 04-03-2019, 08:25 PM   #7826
Arch-Supremacy Member

Why the need to post car info here? Just hand them over to police and they will be able to trace the owner in a mere minutes and do the necessary. What is your intention?
Old 04-03-2019, 08:57 PM   #7827
High Supremacy Member

Search for this plate number SGW4725L. Related to UML.

Road Tax Expiry Date: 19 Jul 2019

Vehicle Make: TOYOTA

Vehicle Model: COROLLA ALTIS 1.6 AUTO

Colour: Black

Happy hunting.
nf2
Supremacy Member

Old 05-03-2019, 06:37 AM   #7828

Last night ard 8pm, 2 middle-age chinese men came to my house. They are seen carrying a trolley but no goods. They kept knocking for a good 30min while checking and photographing everything outside my house including my potted plants. Call 999 and they left b4 police arrived as I deliberated on calling SPF to ascertain not to anyhow call the police.
A clip of the cctv footage was given to the SPF.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:43 AM   #7829

Last night ard 8pm, 2 middle-age chinese men came to my house. They are seen carrying a trolley but no goods. They kept knocking for a good 30min while checking and photographing everything outside my house including my potted plants. Call 999 and they left b4 police arrived as I deliberated on calling SPF to ascertain not to anyhow call the police.
Definitely suspicious. As advised, whenever you feel unsafe or see suspicious people, immediately call 999.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:25 AM   #7830

That their new tactic..

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.