HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree146Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2019, 12:33 PM   #7831

That their new tactic..
Happened to be at home and knew I'm not expecting anyone except them!

Now waiting for round 2.
Old 05-03-2019, 01:02 PM   #7832

Happened to be at home and knew I'm not expecting anyone except them!

Now waiting for round 2.
Im waiting for round 3. When will this end ??
Old 05-03-2019, 01:12 PM   #7833

Last night ard 8pm, 2 middle-age chinese men came to my house. They are seen carrying a trolley but no goods. They kept knocking for a good 30min while checking and photographing everything outside my house including my potted plants. Call 999 and they left b4 police arrived as I deliberated on calling SPF to ascertain not to anyhow call the police.
A clip of the cctv footage was given to the SPF.
i kenna before also, but mine was one someone who cant speak english well
afterwhich they used another number whatsapp call me then send me pictures of my front door

be strong and dont give a fk to them
Old 05-03-2019, 01:58 PM   #7834

Those people that unknowing went to your house are scammed by the loanshark also.

Loanshark tactic: posting job or free item collection on facebook and people fall for it.

Job scam: ask jobseeker go debtor house for interview and when reached ask them take photo of front door etc and the loanshark will use the photo to threatened the debtor.

Most prob the two mens pushing trolley are scammed into some free furniture/items give away thus they bring a trolley along.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:54 PM   #7835
High Supremacy Member

Those people that unknowing went to your house are scammed by the loanshark also.

Loanshark tactic: posting job or free item collection on facebook and people fall for it.

Job scam: ask jobseeker go debtor house for interview and when reached ask them take photo of front door etc and the loanshark will use the photo to threatened the debtor.

Most prob the two mens pushing trolley are scammed into some free furniture/items give away thus they bring a trolley along.
Maybe is freegan ?

https://freeganinsingapore.wordpress.com
Old 05-03-2019, 03:32 PM   #7836

Maybe is freegan ?

https://freeganinsingapore.wordpress.com
Nope, they later watsapp me with me with pic.
Old 05-03-2019, 04:38 PM   #7837

i kenna before also, but mine was one someone who cant speak english well
afterwhich they used another number whatsapp call me then send me pictures of my front door

be strong and dont give a fk to them
Yeah, we can only stay calm and move on with our lives.
They will be playing mind games and create tension between friends and families just to get that few hundred dollars from you.

Last edited by green72; 05-03-2019 at 04:43 PM..
Old 05-03-2019, 05:34 PM   #7838

Yeah, we can only stay calm and move on with our lives.
They will be playing mind games and create tension between friends and families just to get that few hundred dollars from you.
Agree....just dun pay them anything. The lesser money they have, the weaker they become.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:38 PM   #7839

For those closing bank acc;

Let the counter cashier know that your account have been compromise and you need to close your existing and reopen a new one. What they will do is help you to open a new ac 1st, swop and link your cards and ibanking to new account before closing existing account to avoid all the hassle of reapply new cards and ibanking.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:36 PM   #7840

Today I, my NOK and office receives a barrage of watsapp and calls from the UML.

As we continuously block those watsapp msg, my office alerted our Co security dept and diverted the numbers using Pabx system. I was upfront with my bosses.

Luckily only a small number of office numbers was affected.

My I/O is picking up pace on investigations as the messages becomes very threatening.

I still think for a small amount the effort they put in is nonsense. It's a matter of time for them to get caught like the rest.

Last edited by green72; 05-03-2019 at 09:39 PM..
Old 05-03-2019, 09:51 PM   #7841
Arch-Supremacy Member

For those closing bank acc;

Let the counter cashier know that your account have been compromise and you need to close your existing and reopen a new one. What they will do is help you to open a new ac 1st, swop and link your cards and ibanking to new account before closing existing account to avoid all the hassle of reapply new cards and ibanking.
Just to add on, all giro will be cancel. Need apply again
Old 05-03-2019, 09:58 PM   #7842

Today I, my NOK and office receives a barrage of watsapp and calls from the UML.

As we continuously block those watsapp msg, my office alerted our Co security dept and diverted the numbers using Pabx system. I was upfront with my bosses.

Luckily only a small number of office numbers was affected.

My I/O is picking up pace on investigations as the messages becomes very threatening.

I still think for a small amount the effort they put in is nonsense. It's a matter of time for them to get caught like the rest.
They will definitely want at least 10x the amount they transferred to you to cover their cost and effort 🤣 Hope all these scammers get caught as soon as possible.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:01 AM   #7843

They will definitely want at least 10x the amount they transferred to you to cover their cost and effort 🤣 Hope all these scammers get caught as soon as possible.
I think govt need to put more policy in place regarding owning simcard.
Those radicals might pick up a trick or two from these UML regarding non traceable contacts.
Telecom company need to be more responsible of our security and not just sell as many simcard.

A framework needs to be put in place to render a number useless if reported to police and suspend by the telco.

Only then these UML and potential security threats can be stopped from using these loophole.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:12 AM   #7844
Arch-Supremacy Member

Imho, having a framework might not be able to help. Have you tried returning a miss call and you get a recorded voice msg telling you that the number is not in use? Technology has enable those a55h0le to make spoof phone call or sms by just keying in some random number.

I think govt need to put more policy in place regarding owning simcard.
Those radicals might pick up a trick or two from these UML regarding non traceable contacts.
Telecom company need to be more responsible of our security and not just sell as many simcard.

A framework needs to be put in place to render a number useless if reported to police and suspend by the telco.

Only then these UML and potential security threats can be stopped from using these loophole.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:43 AM   #7845

Imho, having a framework might not be able to help. Have you tried returning a miss call and you get a recorded voice msg telling you that the number is not in use? Technology has enable those a55h0le to make spoof phone call or sms by just keying in some random number.
What we need is some expert to send a virus over to them to clean their database and destroy their devices.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.