HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree151Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2019, 04:08 PM   #7981

Do you realised after you chose to brave it and it’s all so much better? No need to be scared with those screaming over the phone. Physically they can’t do anything to you also. Just ignore all the harassment and explain to NOK involved

Hello all! Its been while..but i still come here for updates! Anyway,for my case.Exactly one week after amount tranferres to my acoount,the AL called for payment.My husband was the one answering the call.Two different men.Some shouting and vulgarities can be heard.The first men was quite fierce.My husband didnt gave in thats when he hung up.mins later another man called up which is more 'educated' heehee.
After all the heated convo,we decided to transfer back the amount as both parties agreed.
No harrasment after that.
Except two days ago someone whatsapp me asking if i needed a loan.other than that so far so good.
I have had two CCTV installed..one day aftee things happened my husband quickly got it fixed just in case.I hope it will rest forever.
To those who is still in the mess,please be strong.Fight back.Family support is very very important.To family members of said,please give support.Dont leave them alone to face all these.Do what you can to help!

Please eat and drink well to replenish your energy to fight back all the calls or harassment.for my case i didnt touch any food for 4 days straight.Only sips of plain water.i survived but i looked like zombie.Thanks to my family my sons and husband.

5hank you to this forum too! I read up alot to make me feel better.some even advises me to eat and stay strong.I still come here every day for updates.I wish everyone who is still in the mess well.Be strong and never give in! Fight till the end.hopefully things will end amicably and most importantly is to get back your life safely and happy!
Old 13-03-2019, 04:24 PM   #7982

Talking

Hello all! Its been while..but i still come here for updates! Anyway,for my case.Exactly one week after amount tranferres to my acoount,the AL called for payment.My husband was the one answering the call.Two different men.Some shouting and vulgarities can be heard.The first men was quite fierce.My husband didnt gave in thats when he hung up.mins later another man called up which is more 'educated' heehee.
After all the heated convo,we decided to transfer back the amount as both parties agreed.
No harrasment after that.
Except two days ago someone whatsapp me asking if i needed a loan.other than that so far so good.
I have had two CCTV installed..one day aftee things happened my husband quickly got it fixed just in case.I hope it will rest forever.
To those who is still in the mess,please be strong.Fight back.Family support is very very important.To family members of said,please give support.Dont leave them alone to face all these.Do what you can to help!

Please eat and drink well to replenish your energy to fight back all the calls or harassment.for my case i didnt touch any food for 4 days straight.Only sips of plain water.i survived but i looked like zombie.Thanks to my family my sons and husband.

5hank you to this forum too! I read up alot to make me feel better.some even advises me to eat and stay strong.I still come here every day for updates.I wish everyone who is still in the mess well.Be strong and never give in! Fight till the end.hopefully things will end amicably and most importantly is to get back your life safely and happy!
Good to hear you are in better shape. Pls share your story to prevent others from falling into the same trap and support the new victims who come here. Let's pay it forward and eradicate this loan scams.
Old 13-03-2019, 10:55 PM   #7983
Supremacy Member

Get from challenger. Theres one for 79 dollar. U get notifications if motion detected.
get the wired ones, this kind 79 bucks one not real time, there will be a delay and spoil quite fast
Old 14-03-2019, 01:04 AM   #7984

Hello bros and sis. It's been awhile. I hope all is well for eveyone. I am glad that many have step forward to help out those in need here. Please do keep on sharing your stories so others wont fall into the vicious trap. It's almost 3 months now, I hope I am off their radar soon.

Keep on fighting and stay strong okay? Things may be hard now but eventually everything is going to be okay. Have a little faith and may god protect us all.

Jiayou! 💪💪
Old 14-03-2019, 02:21 AM   #7985

Do you realised after you chose to brave it and itís all so much better? No need to be scared with those screaming over the phone. Physically they canít do anything to you also. Just ignore all the harassment and explain to NOK involved
I agree!!! I heck care already. First few days, i was so scared. Lock myself and kids in the room. Everytym sum1 knock on our door, i gt panic. I even run away from home with my kids. After much thinking and reading from this forum. I heck care. Y shld i be scared of em . I installed cctv already. Blocked all numbers and even get telco to change my house number. Eventhou my husband just manage to pay the defer money. I told him to stop paying the more you pay the more hungry they get.
Old 14-03-2019, 02:37 AM   #7986

I agree!!! I heck care already. First few days, i was so scared. Lock myself and kids in the room. Everytym sum1 knock on our door, i gt panic. I even run away from home with my kids. After much thinking and reading from this forum. I heck care. Y shld i be scared of em . I installed cctv already. Blocked all numbers and even get telco to change my house number. Eventhou my husband just manage to pay the defer money. I told him to stop paying the more you pay the more hungry they get.
I believe I felt and behave the same as you. Was very jumpy and stress out at every call or phone notification or when knock on door.

And yes, feeling of wanting to disappear into thin did occur.

Not paying, band together to endure the initial harassment is the right step forward and stop ALL contact is the only move.

My advice is for you to install a CCTV before their first visit, catch them in the act. Sis, you already made a police report? If not, please do so. Call 999 everytime your family is harassed. SPF will respond very quickly.

Last edited by green72; 14-03-2019 at 02:42 AM..
Old 14-03-2019, 08:25 AM   #7987

Unhappy After Investigation

Hi all

Just wanna ask if anyone being called up for investigation for allowing Ls to use your account for transfer , previous i was called up , then ytd my io called me ask me to report early , he need to talk to me then can extent my bail .

Anyone experience this before ?
Old 14-03-2019, 08:58 AM   #7988
nf2
Supremacy Member

Hi all

Just wanna ask if anyone being called up for investigation for allowing Ls to use your account for transfer , previous i was called up , then ytd my io called me ask me to report early , he need to talk to me then can extent my bail .

Allowing account to transfer means you pased atm card and pin to UML.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/man-jailed-and-fined-for-handing-over-atm-cards-to-help-loanshark-in-his
Old 14-03-2019, 09:24 AM   #7989

Did you pass atm card to anyone? If it’s borrower and they transfer money to your account when you borrowed then no issue. But if you give them atm card, then good luck.

Hi all

Old 14-03-2019, 09:40 AM   #7990

Did you pass atm card to anyone? If itís borrower and they transfer money to your account when you borrowed then no issue. But if you give them atm card, then good luck.
No did not pass any card to them
Old 14-03-2019, 10:31 AM   #7991

Then you have nothing to worry. They just wanted to make sure. I went down before and they also need to investigate. Detained for 16 hours and get ready a bailor. And monthly report to station until they discharge the investigation.

No did not pass any card to them
Old 14-03-2019, 11:12 AM   #7992

Unhappy

Then you have nothing to worry. They just wanted to make sure. I went down before and they also need to investigate. Detained for 16 hours and get ready a bailor. And monthly report to station until they discharge the investigation.
how long did they discharged the investigation ? but the io said , he need to talk to me then extend bail again , does this mean they going to take the case to court ?
Old 14-03-2019, 12:28 PM   #7993

As long as you are not their runner, I don’t think they will charge you with anything. If your transactions involved a lot of money coming in then one of the borrower might report your bank account

how long did they discharged the investigation ? but the io said , he need to talk to me then extend bail again , does this mean they going to take the case to court ?
Old 14-03-2019, 12:39 PM   #7994
High Supremacy Member

Hi all

Under the Moneylendersí Act (revised edition 2010), when a bank account or ATM card of a person is used to facilitate moneylending by an unlicensed moneylender, that person is presumed to have assisted in carrying on the business of unlicensed moneylending.

First-time offenders found guilty of assisting in the business of unlicensed moneylending may be fined between S$30,000 and S$300,000, jailed up to four years and shall also be liable to be punished with caning of up to six strokes.

First-time offenders found guilty of acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting to commit any acts of harassment shall be jailed up to five years, fined between S$5,000 and S$50,000, and shall also be liable to caning of between three and six strokes.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapor...ities-arrested
Old 14-03-2019, 12:41 PM   #7995
High Supremacy Member

As long as you are not their runner, I donít think they will charge you with anything. If your transactions involved a lot of money coming in then one of the borrower might report your bank account
Please refer to post #7994.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.