HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree151Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2019, 12:44 PM   #7996
High Supremacy Member

how long did they discharged the investigation ? but the io said , he need to talk to me then extend bail again , does this mean they going to take the case to court ?
The remaining 109 suspects are believed to have opened bank accounts and given away their ATM cards and Personal Identification Numbers (PINs) to loansharks to facilitate their unlicensed moneylending businesses.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapor...ities-arrested

I think you fall inside the category assisting in the business of unlicensed moneylending.

Please refer to post #7994.
Old 14-03-2019, 01:38 PM   #7997

even never pass atm card n pin to them ...... never get a single cent from them , still have to pay then , when their money got frozen in my account they came n splash n lock my gate ... end up still get this from spf .... just not my day ....
Old 14-03-2019, 01:42 PM   #7998

even never pass atm card n pin to them ...... never get a single cent from them , still have to pay then , when their money got frozen in my account they came n splash n lock my gate ... end up still get this from spf .... just not my day ....
When are you supposed to report to IO?

And when you say “their money got frozen in your account” means? They had did a lot of transfers into your account? Or you used your account to transfer a lot to other account/s?
Old 14-03-2019, 01:53 PM   #7999

When are you supposed to report to IO?

And when you say “their money got frozen in your account” means? They had did a lot of transfers into your account? Or you used your account to transfer a lot to other account/s?
Suppose to report on 28 March , they transfer money to my account amt to $4k before i can report to SPF the bank froze the account , then they come after me for the money .

I only took a $1k loan , so i was puzzle why there is $4k in my account then they called me as k me to help transfer the money out , before i could that the account got frozen
Old 14-03-2019, 02:09 PM   #8000

Suppose to report on 28 March , they transfer money to my account amt to $4k before i can report to SPF the bank froze the account , then they come after me for the money .

I only took a $1k loan , so i was puzzle why there is $4k in my account then they called me as k me to help transfer the money out , before i could that the account got frozen
That explains why SPF suspects you.

Did you report this $4k (multiple transactions?) to SPF when you do the report?
Old 14-03-2019, 02:13 PM   #8001
High Supremacy Member

https://sso.agc.gov.sg/Acts-Supp/5-2...cDate=20100212
Old 14-03-2019, 02:34 PM   #8002

That explains why SPF suspects you.

Did you report this $4k (multiple transactions?) to SPF when you do the report?
yes reported , i even told spf is not my money , spf still tell me then the state bank will take away the $4k i said go ahead .
Old 14-03-2019, 02:47 PM   #8003

yes reported , i even told spf is not my money , spf still tell me then the state bank will take away the $4k i said go ahead .
Nobody can speculate what SPF is going to say or do to you now. Just pray that you will be alright.

Do keep us in the loop after your meeting with your IO. If you are a top suspect, guess they won’t wait till the 28th for you to report.
Old 14-03-2019, 02:57 PM   #8004

Nobody can speculate what SPF is going to say or do to you now. Just pray that you will be alright.

Do keep us in the loop after your meeting with your IO. If you are a top suspect, guess they won’t wait till the 28th for you to report.
Oh suppose to report on 2 april by right ytd io called as me to go on 28 march
Old 14-03-2019, 03:05 PM   #8005

Oh suppose to report on 2 april by right ytd io called as me to go on 28 march
Just be honest and truthful.

Only you know what you had said or reported to your IO, try to collect as many details like communications or whatever just in case you need to present them

Last edited by Messup; 14-03-2019 at 03:23 PM..
Old 14-03-2019, 03:54 PM   #8006

Hi there I need help..I own loanshark $1900 from 3 different person it's a weekly loan..they said if u clear I LL give monthly but till now I can't clear any 1of them I feel so depressed n thinking of where to get money to settlement.. I can't make a report I'm a single mother work permit holder if o make a report it will effect my job n MOM will banned me to work at Singapore.. I'm loss not sure wat to do and how to handle it.. I thought of not paying them but I afraid they will disturb my next kin..

I searched for contact info Google for legal lender end up they text me..

I really need a good advice to overcome this issue
Old 14-03-2019, 04:11 PM   #8007

Hi there I need help..I own loanshark $1900 from 3 different person it's a weekly loan..they said if u clear I LL give monthly but till now I can't clear any 1 of them I feel so depressed n thinking of where to get money to settlement.. I can't make a report I'm a single mother work permit holder if o make a report it will effect my job n MOM will banned me to work at Singapore.. I'm loss not sure wat to do and how to handle it.. I thought of not paying them but I afraid they will disturb my next kin..

there is no such thing as monthly loan dear .....
Old 14-03-2019, 04:39 PM   #8008
High Supremacy Member

Hi there I need help..I own loanshark $1900 from 3 different person it's a weekly loan..they said if u clear I LL give monthly but till now I can't clear any 1of them I feel so depressed n thinking of where to get money to settlement.. I can't make a report I'm a single mother work permit holder if o make a report it will effect my job n MOM will banned me to work at Singapore.. I'm loss not sure wat to do and how to handle it.. I thought of not paying them but I afraid they will disturb my next kin..

Please don't do stupid things.
Never ever take up job offer by them such as lend your bank account or atm card.
Never ever take up the runner job such as splash paint or lock the gate.
Never ever sell your body for money as in prostitution.
Please go and make a Police report.
The only one can help you is Police and not any Tom, Dick and Harry in this forum.
Old 14-03-2019, 05:21 PM   #8009

Read this carefully, STOP PAYING! The more they pay the more they will make you pay, come back to the same point.

File police report, setup CCTV, brace for harassment.

Find a good job, recover from this, life will get better.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams
Old 14-03-2019, 05:42 PM   #8010

Please refer to post #7994.
(Under the Moneylenders’ Act (revised edition 2010), when a bank account or ATM card of a person is used to facilitate moneylending by an unlicensed moneylender, that person is presumed to have assisted in carrying on the business of unlicensed moneylending.)

Yes, he may fall within this clause. As Singapore Law is Guilty until proven innocent, hence, he has the onus is on him to prove his innocent. As such, gather all information to prove that you are the victim and that you have no intention to assist nor you were aware that such action has been carry out using your account.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.