HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2019, 11:28 PM   #8191
High Supremacy Member

Under the Act, a person using their bank account or ATM card to facilitate moneylending by an unlicensed moneylender is presumed to have helped in the continuation of the business.

First-time offenders may be fined between $30,000 and $300,000, be jailed for up to four years and can be caned up to six strokes.

First-time offenders found guilty of acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting acts of harassment will be fined between $5,000 and $50,000, be jailed for up to five years and be caned between three and six strokes.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...lice-operation
Old 19-03-2019, 11:34 PM   #8192
Arch-Supremacy Member

they have me virtual picture of my ic.. and they threaten me to post my face on facebook and have my father name.. i dont want my family's life to be disrupted.. we r honest ppl and i work to pay for my education.. didnt know they were loansharks.. should i really just ignore?
just ignore. if u never borrow, they wun come and find trouble. if they do, report police. if u borrowed, they might persist, but if u didnt, they will spend their "resources" elsewhere after a while.
Old 20-03-2019, 12:02 AM   #8193

How was ur loan like n did u oay them?
Don't pay, don't contact. Just go make police report. No need to think so much or feel guilty about borrow and never pay.

Got read or not post #8191? U pay means u are suspect of providing services for those loan sharks. Your bank account will be frozen if other victims report your account transfer to them.

That's what happen when u pay, it's your money transfer to another borrower.

Again, Don't pay, don't contact.
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 12:33 AM   #8194

How was ur loan like n did u oay them?
Unfortunately I did pay them up. But keep on asking me to defer. Give me 1001 reasons why I cannot clear account. And I didnt even want to take up the loan. It was a force loan. I paid 3x the amount the transferred me. Every week I had to pay $550 of deferement fee to this idiots. It last me about a month before I cut off all contact.

Of course the harassment started once I stopped. They called my NOK and workplace. I come clean to everyone around me. Definitely some people were dissapointed but they're still very supportive. What I am trying to say here is that, dont overthink too much. Some are lucky enough to get harass only via texts and calls. Some are not soo lucky and got runners going up their house. The thing is, we made the mistake. We gotta face the consequences. Getting you door splashed with paint, gate lock, or losing your job is not the end of the world. Take it as a chance for you to start over.
I am saying this because I was there in your shoes before. Everyone here was once there. We understand how frustrating it is. Not knowing when they will strike or how they will strike. Hence why worry about something you cant control.
Life goes on. You still gotta eat, work and etc. You got bills to pay, family to take care of and a future ahead of you.

Do whatever seem necessary to you and go on with life. Man up and fight them back. Once you fall for their threats, its a never ending cycle.

Stay strong and safe alright.
CloudClau and Messup like this.
Makminah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 03:05 AM   #8195
Supremacy Member

Most I/O will only provide their hp number if your case is really big. If not you gotta contact them via office number only. Mine until now didnt contact me at all. Last I spoke to him he told me there is nothing much that he can do unless there is physically damage to you or your property.

But thank god nothing happened. And it's been about 3 months since my last contact with them. I didnt install CCTV, change number, close account or block their number. I leave them as it is and eventually they stopped cause they wont get anything from me.
if really need, get a cctv in case you need evidence
Old 20-03-2019, 03:23 AM   #8196

Actually hor should set up a Ls grp to hiong them make them scared to loan.

Unfortunately I did pay them up. But keep on asking me to defer. Give me 1001 reasons why I cannot clear account. And I didnt even want to take up the loan. It was a force loan. I paid 3x the amount the transferred me. Every week I had to pay $550 of deferement fee to this idiots. It last me about a month before I cut off all contact.

Of course the harassment started once I stopped. They called my NOK and workplace. I come clean to everyone around me. Definitely some people were dissapointed but they're still very supportive. What I am trying to say here is that, dont overthink too much. Some are lucky enough to get harass only via texts and calls. Some are not soo lucky and got runners going up their house. The thing is, we made the mistake. We gotta face the consequences. Getting you door splashed with paint, gate lock, or losing your job is not the end of the world. Take it as a chance for you to start over.
I am saying this because I was there in your shoes before. Everyone here was once there. We understand how frustrating it is. Not knowing when they will strike or how they will strike. Hence why worry about something you cant control.
Life goes on. You still gotta eat, work and etc. You got bills to pay, family to take care of and a future ahead of you.

Do whatever seem necessary to you and go on with life. Man up and fight them back. Once you fall for their threats, its a never ending cycle.

Stay strong and safe alright.
Trustdade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 03:24 AM   #8197

They can scam us sure we can scam them back.

Actually hor should set up a Ls grp to hiong them make them scared to loan.
Trustdade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 03:50 AM   #8198

Zrivebao
I hope you are still around to read this.
Let our uncles lecture you on stupidity is better than you fall into their trap.
You are only 19 and can have a great future.
DO NOT BE SCARED.
DO NOT BORROW ANYMORE.
DO NOT WORK FOR THESE BUSTURDS.

I can help you talk to your parents if you make a police report.

Originally Posted by*Zrivebao:
No i didnt give them any account number.. i cant inform my parents they r already struggling financially so i have to support myself.. if i borrowed the money i dont mind returning but now dont know if i transfer the 500 will be end of story anot.. dont dare to make police report also

Stupid until cannot stupid.
Don't pay anything. Not even 1 cent.
Are you Singaporean ? You are not first time in Singapore right ?
You eat until so big, got see any news published on Strait Times got Ah Long burn the whole family until become roast pork ? Do you see any Ah Long cut debtor become 18 pieces ?
Ah Long or Gangster in Singapore is just another rat .
If you are foreigner and live at oversea, then is different story.
Tomorrow go and make a police report.
Tell the Police everything.
No need worry.
Fear Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 03:51 AM   #8199

Sis. Get your colleagues to filter those calls. Before acknowledging them. Ask them who they are, where they call from and what is it regarding about. If sounds fishy tell them you're in a meeting or not at work.
If you're the one picking up the calls then it's easier to detect. After a week or so just tell them you no longer work there. I did that and no more calls after that. Hope this helps
Thank you Makminah. I am bracing myself for what's to come. I just hope they don't come to my house or office.

Last edited by LilladyJ; 20-03-2019 at 04:07 AM..
LilladyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 04:08 AM   #8200

Trustdade
You racked up 3 ls.
I am sure you cant pay back.
SO DONT PAY BACK.

please listen to our bro SuperLost.
You took first loan and many more will want to lend you.
There is an alert button because they are from the same family.

Trustdade .. dun need to care about the loan is new or not ... no what u need to do is to report to police in this issue .. and stop answer their call... dun ever think to loan from another stall to pay ..it will make thing wrost... what I can tell u is most of them are link or from the same boss... so just ignore them.. dun pay dun answer phone call ... if u happen to answer their call just reaply wrong number and hand up... f care them ...stat strong noting much they can do to u ... the most just throw paint only ...
Old 20-03-2019, 04:11 AM   #8201

You go to sleep la.
Makminah was in the same situation as you.

Thank you Makminah. I am bracing myself for what's to come. I just hope they don't come to my house or office.
Old 20-03-2019, 04:41 AM   #8202

Check your PM, LilladyJ.
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 05:49 AM   #8203

Chanced upon this thread and would like to share mine and get some opinions.

Yesterday wee morning I received a sms from this number 85351319. It is those usual money lenders' sms. I was feeling kinda down recently and the amounts and monthly payback kinda drew my attention on it. As I still on bank loans, I was looking at the 30k ($920 x 36 months). It stated that only contact the person by WhatsApp and ya, that's no ways to reply back in sms.

So just now at night, I decided to whatsapp him. I just wanna clear my loans once and for all at that point of what I thought. I will cut it short for the convo we had. I asked him how he got my number. He replied his company gave him those Singaporean numbers to call (suspect that he is a Malaysian and he sounded like one). His company is ssg credit (I tried to google but no such company). He asked for my details like my occupation, salary, IRAS etc. As I'm a freelancer in my work, I told him about that and that's no way I can prove to him of my income as my pay mostly in cash. So he asked for my IC and singpass. I did provide him. I didn't think too much as I did borrow from money lenders few years back ago and it pretty normal. After that, he asked for my home number, office number, my next of kin number and account number. I didn't provided him home and office numbers. I just told him I didn't have it. He asked for 2 of my kins numbers. I gave him false numbers lol. Then, he requested me to do video call for verification. I agreed and he called. I thought I would expect to see him but it a black screen. I guess he covered up the screen with something. He asked me to show my IC and placed it next to my face. Actually I was abit reluctant to do that but well, already on video call, just did it. He told me he will get back to me later in the noon. I msg him asking so will it have the chance to approve. He replied yes sure. They are agents and they require these documents for their company. He said will get back to me. We bid each other goodnight and that's it.

After my shower, I don't know why I was thinking about the whole situation. I did borrow from money lenders as I mentioned and so far so good. They borrowed the amount I wanted and I paid on time. No drama at all. This time, when I thought about it, are the whole thing for real? $920 x 36 months = $33,120. Which means, they only earn $3120 for 36 months for interest. Hmmmm, sure or not? Correct me if I'm wrong. The last time I borrowed 1k,I had to pay $250 x 5 weeks already. So I started to google about any stories of such money lenders til I found this thread. To be honest, I kinda worry. They haven't transferred any money yet and I did msg the guy informing him don't do anything yet til I confirm. If they are like my previous money lenders, I still won't be that worried as they were quite steady. 36 months are quite long way to go. Anything will happen in between too. What should I do now then? If I reject, will they do anything funny?
Boo_lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2019, 07:05 AM   #8204

Chanced upon this thread and would like to share mine and get some opinions.

Yesterday wee morning I received a sms from this number 85351319. It is those usual money lenders' sms. I was feeling kinda down recently and the amounts and monthly payback kinda drew my attention on it. As I still on bank loans, I was looking at the 30k ($920 x 36 months). It stated that only contact the person by WhatsApp and ya, that's no ways to reply back in sms.

So just now at night, I decided to whatsapp him. I just wanna clear my loans once and for all at that point of what I thought. I will cut it short for the convo we had. I asked him how he got my number. He replied his company gave him those Singaporean numbers to call (suspect that he is a Malaysian and he sounded like one). His company is ssg credit (I tried to google but no such company). He asked for my details like my occupation, salary, IRAS etc. As I'm a freelancer in my work, I told him about that and that's no way I can prove to him of my income as my pay mostly in cash. So he asked for my IC and singpass. I did provide him. I didn't think too much as I did borrow from money lenders few years back ago and it pretty normal. After that, he asked for my home number, office number, my next of kin number and account number. I didn't provided him home and office numbers. I just told him I didn't have it. He asked for 2 of my kins numbers. I gave him false numbers lol. Then, he requested me to do video call for verification. I agreed and he called. I thought I would expect to see him but it a black screen. I guess he covered up the screen with something. He asked me to show my IC and placed it next to my face. Actually I was abit reluctant to do that but well, already on video call, just did it. He told me he will get back to me later in the noon. I msg him asking so will it have the chance to approve. He replied yes sure. They are agents and they require these documents for their company. He said will get back to me. We bid each other goodnight and that's it.

After my shower, I don't know why I was thinking about the whole situation. I did borrow from money lenders as I mentioned and so far so good. They borrowed the amount I wanted and I paid on time. No drama at all. This time, when I thought about it, are the whole thing for real? $920 x 36 months = $33,120. Which means, they only earn $3120 for 36 months for interest. Hmmmm, sure or not? Correct me if I'm wrong. The last time I borrowed 1k,I had to pay $250 x 5 weeks already. So I started to google about any stories of such money lenders til I found this thread. To be honest, I kinda worry. They haven't transferred any money yet and I did msg the guy informing him don't do anything yet til I confirm. If they are like my previous money lenders, I still won't be that worried as they were quite steady. 36 months are quite long way to go. Anything will happen in between too. What should I do now then? If I reject, will they do anything funny?
My suggestion is donít fall for the trap. Same thing happened to me with smaller amount. Started as phone installment but they gave me cash. Donít let them transfer any money to your account. If you can closed the account immediately so they cannot transfer.
Old 20-03-2019, 07:07 AM   #8205

Boo_Lady , they might do something afterwards but probably wonít last Long since you nevet received their money. Close the account ASAP if you can.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.