HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree124Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2019, 02:55 PM   #8296

No problem. Most welcome.
We shared our experience/encounter to over come this.

When at first i encounter them, i also seek comfort & advise reading this forum.

Now my side quiet. Believe mostly overseas LS. I do have 3x local LS n also light chaser.
Cross finger but i also ready for them.
My Io said most ls operate oversea..don't even dare to come bk in Singapore..coz once they are back they will be caught..
Jjlin1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 03:58 PM   #8297
High Supremacy Member

My Io said most ls operate oversea..don't even dare to come bk in Singapore..coz once they are back they will be caught..
Thank you green72, yes my company has cctv all over and even one in my own office. i dont think that they will take the risk of coming in the office. i am trying to be firm and strong. sometimes there are sad days with lots of tears but i am glad that my company somehow understands. i just hope this will stop soon.

i received a call from my IO this morning. he advised me about what i should do and that was a bit reassuring. he also said that my case has been handed over to the Criminal Investigation Department - Singapore Police Force.

i am waiting for the the town council's approval so we can proceed with the cctv. same advise from the officer:

1. do not reply. block them.
2. do not pay
3. disregard any messages and inform NOK and Company to disregard them
4. if they speak to someone in the company advise them that you no longer work there.

He said that they will never go to the workplace. he also said that chances of them going to the residence is also low. to feel more secured , install cctv.

call him for any updates about the incident. They are not here in Singapore and operate based on whatsapp etc. inform friends and colleagues about those malicious posts and numbers that are involved.

stay strong and call 999 for emergencies.
Those you saw caught in the news are desperate people who work as runner. Some are just debtors themselves who can't paid up or need some extra cash. Loan Shark is hiding oversea to con people virtually and get easy money.
Old 22-03-2019, 04:55 PM   #8298

Hi all.

I just recently accidentally borrowed from a loan shark. I was desperate that the loan from a licensed miney lwnder will not be approve. I tried to borrow 1k. But they only transfer 150. I had paid in total of 400. Will they still harass me and my family? What is the best thing to do. I plead to them that thatís all I have. I was stupid and desperate.

Thanks for the future response.
Adam0210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 05:14 PM   #8299

Hi Adam0210, please cut off all contact, block them. file for a police report if you can and tell your next of kin just in case you gave them all your details - home address - workplace address and other important contacts. be firm. they are scary but we have to be strong. my investigating officer told me that the best response to them is no response. close your bank account if they about it and open a new one. change your contact numbers as well.
LilladyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 05:27 PM   #8300

Yes go make a report la. I at first isi scared this scared that but think think knn scared smlj. Wan come jus come la how long u can tahan. Be firm. Dun pay.

Hi all.

I just recently accidentally borrowed from a loan shark. I was desperate that the loan from a licensed miney lwnder will not be approve. I tried to borrow 1k. But they only transfer 150. I had paid in total of 400. Will they still harass me and my family? What is the best thing to do. I plead to them that that’s all I have. I was stupid and desperate.

Trustdade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 05:36 PM   #8301
High Supremacy Member

Hi all.

I just recently accidentally borrowed from a loan shark. I was desperate that the loan from a licensed miney lwnder will not be approve. I tried to borrow 1k. But they only transfer 150. I had paid in total of 400. Will they still harass me and my family? What is the best thing to do. I plead to them that thatís all I have. I was stupid and desperate.

How can you accidentally borrow money one ?
If you don't response to their message and give them all the details, how are they going to bank in money ?
No need think about it, they confirm will harassed you and family because they want easy money. You are like big fat cash cow to them.
What you need to do now is faster go and make a police report.
Stop any contact with them, change the number if can.
Use the police report go and get approval from town council to install CCTV.
Have a good night sleep.
Don't lose a sleep because of them,Boh Chup them.
Old 22-03-2019, 06:57 PM   #8302

Wa...long story leh..haha..anyway like all the comments by the senior here. The uml are only taking advantage of our fear..as long as you had paid enough,need not fear them..they might come once or twice, but dont give in, by paying them we are only funding them more money to hire more runners.
Mike-2806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 07:52 PM   #8303

Bro if not paid n new loan how cannot affort to pay liao. I already lodge a police report. Will go down to town council tmr to apply cctv permit. I already inform my sis all to block them and ignore them. Dun care them liao. Tmr i have a loan that is up but i am going to off my phone tmr. If they call my NOK they jus put down the phone n block them off.

Wa...long story leh..haha..anyway like all the comments by the senior here. The uml are only taking advantage of our fear..as long as you had paid enough,need not fear them..they might come once or twice, but dont give in, by paying them we are only funding them more money to hire more runners.
Trustdade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 10:02 PM   #8304

thank you. But I told them that Iím not paying anymore. Iím going to tell my wife. As I really didnít know. I was desperate. I canít close my bank account as it is hacked and there was an unauthorised transaction. I am waiting for the response from the bank. If I change now. I canít get back the money. It will take 14 days.

If they transfer any money. Iíll just withdraw it and go to the police to make a report.

Iím ready to man up. As I have my fault as well.
Old 22-03-2019, 10:04 PM   #8305

No really 30 ls..i got around 20 lml and 20ls..i settle my lml by negotiating for money installment..of coz intially they dont accept..but once i told them im going for bankcruptcy they accepted it. For the LS, it is really a big fight. Just like everyone i was scared.I try every means to pay them and once they sense that i can pay, the threat was relentless. Finally i pick up my courage and call the police. This is the turning point. I stop paying, i change my number, install cctv, put down my ego and explain to my neighbour fearing their home get vandalised. Yes,
they came my home 3 times, splashing paint. After a year or so. Everything is fine. It was 5 years since the last attack. Now im just a poor joe working hard to my debts..but at least i survive thru.
Then how u deal with it..I 15 ls already quite headache Liao..u 30ls..
Messup likes this.
Old 22-03-2019, 10:34 PM   #8306

thank you. But I told them that Iím not paying anymore. Iím going to tell my wife. As I really didnít know. I was desperate. I canít close my bank account as it is hacked and there was an unauthorised transaction. I am waiting for the response from the bank. If I change now. I canít get back the money. It will take 14 days.

If they transfer any money. Iíll just withdraw it and go to the police to make a report.

Iím ready to man up. As I have my fault as well.
Good move bro. No need to inform the UML that you are not going to pay. Just go dark on them and they will know.
The idea of stopping all contacts with them is basically to prevent them from "practising" their skill, to harass and scare you to pay. Don't pay.

Just take comfort that they already earn $250 from you. So your conscience should be clear that you don't owe them anything.

Be truthful in the police report, say you take up loan instead of saying you got scammed.

I know the hardest part is to own up to your wife and family. Stay strong, focus all your energy now to protect them, as I and the rest did.

Last edited by green72; 22-03-2019 at 10:36 PM..
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2019, 10:44 PM   #8307

Good move bro. No need to inform the UML that you are not going to pay. Just go dark on them and they will know.
The idea of stopping all contacts with them is basically to prevent them from "practising" their skill, to harass and scare you to pay. Don't pay.

Just take comfort that they already earn $250 from you. So your conscience should be clear that you don't owe them anything.

Be truthful in the police report, say you take up loan instead of saying you got scammed.

I know the hardest part is to own up to your wife and family. Stay strong, focus all your energy now to protect them, as I and the rest did.
Will I be in trouble if I report that I loan instead of scammed?

Thank you.
Old 22-03-2019, 10:46 PM   #8308

Is totally fine.need not worry..

Thank you.
Old 22-03-2019, 11:03 PM   #8309

Thank you.
You will be alright. To make a false report then you'll be in trouble.

SPF needs the real info for them to efficiently do their work.

But some just tell their NOK they are scammed to save face but tell the truth in their police report. Food for thought.

Last edited by green72; 22-03-2019 at 11:06 PM..
Old 22-03-2019, 11:10 PM   #8310

Two Men Arrested For Loanshark Harassment.

Took SPF only 13 days to arrest.These runners never learn, they are the ones who will face the punishment, not the UMLs.

Good job SPF. 2 more runners off our streets.

Last edited by green72; 22-03-2019 at 11:13 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.