HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2019, 06:11 PM   #8476

Hi guys,

I just wanna share my story here. I have been dealing with UML since January tis year till now. I have donated around 2k to them and recently i got a force loan from them which i didnt agree with it. So i make a report and hand over the money to the police to handle it. I have been recieve msg from them to burn , lovk spray paint on my unit. But i have cctv outside my house and i welcome them. Its a scam guys. No need to be afraid of them. They can only scare u in whatapps or calls. Just be strong & ignore them. Dont ever let them feel u are fear to them. They will definitely milk you dry. Be strong. Start new life move on. Dun ever trust those scams again.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:30 PM   #8477

My block , there Is CCTV on the ground floor and also in the lift but still worry that they will came and find trouble.
I have read thought the past six months text from here and I cannot find and similar case of my and the second reason I post here is to wish that other who are sell thing online to beware of this . The police said the loan shark will try all sort of way to get you personal details and bank account and this is not the first case from my area
Oh yes, maybe you want to consider closing your bank account and open a new one. Don’t be in a situation of having another forced loan again.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:57 PM   #8478

unluckyguy,

First of all STAY CALM.

Good that you have made a Police Report.

Next, block their calls. Use apps like Call Blocker by Vlad Lee. Only allow calls in your contact list to go thru. Install this app for your parents. For the time being remove whatsapp from your hp. Use telegram instead and set security accordingly. The idea is to prevent them from able to contact you from any form of media.

Next, change bank account as advise. If they send some more report to I/O and hold on to it. Don't transfer them even 1 cent.

Next, install CCTV.

I believe you can explain to your parents that you are scammed. Show them the police report that you are not hiding anything. Your family WILL understand, I'm sure of it. We always protect our own in crisis even if they did something wrong. You will be surprise.

Be ready to dial 999, if they visit you. The runners are usually victims in trouble who are scared too.

I and the rest also panic when it happened to us during the 1st week. Gets better as days goes by. Most of these scams only virtual scare tactic, never dare face to face with you.

No victims where harm, only doors, gates and letterbox only.

Now you feel confuse,panic and afraid. Soon when you are calm and collected, confirm you will get angry.

Remember, this is Singapore. Trust in SPF.

Last edited by green72; 02-04-2019 at 09:13 PM..
Old 02-04-2019, 09:17 PM   #8479

Yes trust spf, even they come and slash paint of what they sure kena caught wan. Setting fire at door is a serious offend in Singapore, can be charge under murder which is death penalty. Culpable homicide is also liable for a heavy penalty too.

unluckyguy,

First of all STAY CALM.

Good that you have made a Police Report.

Next, block their calls. Use apps like Call Blocker by Vlad Lee. Only allow calls in your contact list to go thru. Install this app for your parents. For the time being remove whatsapp from your hp. Use telegram instead and set security accordingly. The idea is to prevent them from able to contact you from any form of media.

Next, change bank account as advise. If they send some more report to I/O and hold on to it. Don't transfer them even 1 cent.

Next, install CCTV.

I believe you can explain to your parents that you are scammed. Show them the police report that you are not hiding anything. Your family WILL understand, I'm sure of it. We always protect our own in crisis even if they did something wrong. You will be surprise.

Be ready to dial 999, if they visit you. The runners are usually victims in trouble who are scared too.

I and the rest also panic when it happened to us during the 1st week. Gets better as days goes by. Most of these scams only virtual scare tactic, never dare face to face with you.

No victims where harm, only doors, gates and letterbox only.

Now you feel confuse,panic and afraid. Soon when you are calm and collected, confirm you will get angry.

Remember, this is Singapore. Trust in SPF.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:40 AM   #8480

Men arrested for loanshark harassment. 2 cases of runner arrested.

First case on 1st April and 2nd case also arrested on same date.

Time and time again, people involve as runners is always caught. Stop being one.

Last edited by green72; 03-04-2019 at 05:42 AM..
Old 03-04-2019, 08:29 AM   #8481

Yes trust spf, even they come and slash paint of what they sure kena caught wan. Setting fire at door is a serious offend in Singapore, can be charge under murder which is death penalty. Culpable homicide is also liable for a heavy penalty too.
Ok I will . Now the problem is ,hope they will not come me home to disturb or do other funny thing
Old 03-04-2019, 09:28 AM   #8482
High Supremacy Member

Men arrested for loanshark harassment. 2 cases of runner arrested.

First case on 1st April and 2nd case also arrested on same date.

Time and time again, people involve as runners is always caught. Stop being one.
Moneylenders Act 2010 (Revised Edition). Under the Moneylenders Act 2010 (Revised Edition), first time offenders found guilty of loanshark harassment shall be fined not less than $5,000 and not more than $50,000 with mandatory imprisonment of up to 5 years, and mandatory caning of up to 6 strokes.

Those runners really stupid until cannot stupid.
LS pay them the money can't even cover the minimum fine and cane.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:35 AM   #8483
High Supremacy Member

Ok I will . Now the problem is ,hope they will not come me home to disturb or do other funny thing
You got read all the history in this thread ?
They confirm will send someone come.
No worry as long as you already made police report.
Just follow the police instructions.
Actually I pity those runners.
They are maybe debtors them self who are desperate for money.
Meanwhile those real LS stay behind the light scam people money.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:13 AM   #8484

You got read all the history in this thread ?
They confirm will send someone come.
No worry as long as you already made police report.
Just follow the police instructions.
Actually I pity those runners.
They are maybe debtors them self who are desperate for money.
Meanwhile those real LS stay behind the light scam people money.
Yes I have readed though the past six month and now i just have to prepare for they to come if it happens .
Just want to know how long will it stop ??
Weeks month or year
Old 03-04-2019, 10:20 AM   #8485
High Supremacy Member

Yes I have readed though the past six month and now i just have to prepare for they to come if it happens .
Just want to know how long will it stop ??
Weeks month or year
Have you tell your parents ?
Use the police report and get approval from town council to install cctv.
Can buy CCTV from Mustaffa.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:23 AM   #8486

Have you tell your parents ?
Use the police report and get approval from town council to install cctv.
Can buy CCTV from Mustaffa.
Ok I will go Mustafa to look for the CCTV.
Parents I have told them already
Old 03-04-2019, 10:43 AM   #8487

Hi guys,

I just wanna share my story here. I have been dealing with UML since January tis year till now. I have donated around 2k to them and recently i got a force loan from them which i didnt agree with it. So i make a report and hand over the money to the police to handle it. I have been recieve msg from them to burn , lovk spray paint on my unit. But i have cctv outside my house and i welcome them. Its a scam guys. No need to be afraid of them. They can only scare u in whatapps or calls. Just be strong & ignore them. Dont ever let them feel u are fear to them. They will definitely milk you dry. Be strong. Start new life move on. Dun ever trust those scams again.

How it happened,care to share . And I can know also
Old 03-04-2019, 12:11 PM   #8488
High Supremacy Member

Ok I will go Mustafa to look for the CCTV.
Parents I have told them already

You don't confront them or keep in touch with them.
If got any harassment, faster go and look for the Police Officer in charge of your case.
You are safe in Singapore because of the SPF hard work.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:12 PM   #8489

But do take note of the new tactic they using.

Now they are using Lalamove and macdonald to act as thier runner. Therefore when they reach ur house they will ask the driver to pass u the phone n speak to you.

Old 03-04-2019, 12:31 PM   #8490
High Supremacy Member

But do take note of the new tactic they using.

Now they are using Lalamove and macdonald to act as thier runner. Therefore when they reach ur house they will ask the driver to pass u the phone n speak to you.

Moneylenders' Act (Revised Edition 2010)

Those found guilty of carrying on or assisting with the a business of unlicensed moneylending for the first time can be fined between $30,000 and $300,000, jailed up to four years and liable to up to six strokes of the cane.

First-time offenders found guilty of acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting to commit any acts of harassment can be jailed up to five years, fined between $5,000 and $50,000, and can receive between three and six strokes of the cane.

Anyone found guilty of giving false contact information to obtain loans from loan sharks can be jailed for up to 12 months.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-by-cid-police
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.