HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree148Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2019, 01:41 PM   #8491

Moneylenders' Act (Revised Edition 2010)

Those found guilty of carrying on or assisting with the a business of unlicensed moneylending for the first time can be fined between $30,000 and $300,000, jailed up to four years and liable to up to six strokes of the cane.

First-time offenders found guilty of acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting to commit any acts of harassment can be jailed up to five years, fined between $5,000 and $50,000, and can receive between three and six strokes of the cane.

Anyone found guilty of giving false contact information to obtain loans from loan sharks can be jailed for up to 12 months.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-by-cid-police
Thank for the new . I can prevent it from answer and let my parents know about their tactics.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:36 PM   #8492

Those found guilty of carrying on or assisting with the a business of unlicensed moneylending for the first time can be fined between $30,000 and $300,000, jailed up to four years and liable to up to six strokes of the cane.

First-time offenders found guilty of acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting to commit any acts of harassment can be jailed up to five years, fined between $5,000 and $50,000, and can receive between three and six strokes of the cane.

Anyone found guilty of giving false contact information to obtain loans from loan sharks can be jailed for up to 12 months.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-by-cid-police
Hi all , my parents just call me and said that there is somebody look for me . What should I do
Old 03-04-2019, 04:52 PM   #8493

Hi all , my parents just call me and said that there is somebody look for me . What should I do
As in go to your house? Did your parents ask him what he want?
Old 03-04-2019, 05:05 PM   #8494
High Supremacy Member

1) You are Singaporean
2) You stay in Singapore
3) You never borrow from loan shark
4) You made a police report

Why are you so worry ?

Faster go to Town council with the police report and apply for approval to install the CCTV.
Just go to 24 hours Mustaffa buy the HD 1080p CCTV.
Give the CCTV footage to police if runners dare to show face again to harass your family.
You got nothing to lose.
The runners future confirm down the drain after come out from the jail.

Old 03-04-2019, 05:45 PM   #8495

1) You are Singaporean
2) You stay in Singapore
3) You never borrow from loan shark
4) You made a police report

Why are you so worry ?

Faster go to Town council with the police report and apply for approval to install the CCTV.
Just go to 24 hours Mustaffa buy the HD 1080p CCTV.
Give the CCTV footage to police if runners dare to show face again to harass your family.
You got nothing to lose.
The runners future confirm down the drain after come out from the jail.
Cause is the first time Happened to me .I just double check with my parents ,they only call them and said that there is someone look for me on the phone and want to pass so thing to me .
Old 03-04-2019, 05:54 PM   #8496

Cause is the first time Happened to me .I just double check with my parents ,they only call them and said that there is someone look for me on the phone and want to pass so thing to me .
They telephone your parents? Or someone went to your house and tell your parents that someone want to speak with you on their phone?
Old 03-04-2019, 06:01 PM   #8497

Hi guy ,thank you all for the encouragement, at least I know what to do when this type of think happen . And I wish that everyone here with this LS problem can get through in a good way .thank you all
Old 03-04-2019, 06:03 PM   #8498

They telephone your parents? Or someone went to your house and tell your parents that someone want to speak with you on their phone?
They telephone my parents with and unknown number .
Old 03-04-2019, 06:14 PM   #8499

They telephone my parents with and unknown number .
Maybe inform your parents not to answer any calls with “unknown number “
Old 03-04-2019, 06:39 PM   #8500

Yes I have readed though the past six month and now i just have to prepare for they to come if it happens .
Just want to know how long will it stop ??
Weeks month or year
The faster you ignore them, the faster you don't react to them, no matter what they do, the faster they give up. Ever time harass you, file a police report. Anytime you see anything suspicious or people, don't hesitate to call 999.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:37 PM   #8501

I believe all our contact are given by the license money lender to the unlicensed one. Base on my experience.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT
Old 05-04-2019, 02:14 PM   #8502

Hi all, If you are facing with any installments or debt issues with the moneylenders, please approach Blessed Grace Social Services. They are able to help you restructure your loans.

For loansharks issues, you can approach too. They have valuable advise on how to deal with them.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:04 PM   #8503
High Supremacy Member

Hi all, If you are facing with any installments or debt issues with the moneylenders, please approach Blessed Grace Social Services. They are able to help you restructure your loans.

For loansharks issues, you can approach too. They have valuable advise on how to deal with them.

Need to join religion ?
Need to pay admin fees ?
Old 05-04-2019, 04:21 PM   #8504

Hi guy ,today there is one more UML call me and said that I owe them money and is time to pay them . It an number start will 106xxxxxxx.
Do any know where is this number from
Old 05-04-2019, 04:57 PM   #8505

Hi guy ,today there is one more UML call me and said that I owe them money and is time to pay them . It an number start will 106xxxxxxx.
Do any know where is this number from
Please report this call and number to your IO.

But why do you answer this call in the first place?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.