Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
They sent me thru phone and asked me to sign and send it back. Will I be in trouble now?

Pls file police report, you can do it online.

Doing "digital agreement" is a new tactic to appear legal but actually all lies and tricks.

PLS REPORT ASAP to let the police know of this.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

victim0001

Reaction score
Update for my story ,

I talked to him nicely say that i will only pay what we agreed at first . Which is 320 x 3 weeks total 960 and not paying this only for interest . He pulled back and say Bro i didny force u to pay extra or what , u do nicely this 3 payment . In future u want to borrow more , no problem edy . We not that "pai kuan" ah long .

Anyone facing the same as me ?
If we followed and paid the 3 weeks payment . Nicely paid . He wont twist his word right ? Pls help

polarinda

Reaction score
Does it help by installing Cctv? I just met with a loan scam last week and I gave them my IC and singpass as well. They then tfr me $800 and ask me to tfr them back $1600. After doing so, they requested me to tfr another $2800 for new ‘customer’ and without thinking much, I did. It only took me a while to realize that I’ve been scammed as they explained that the $2800 is for opening up active account and I have to tfr another $2800 to open up inactive account. End up I told them I’m not loaning anymore but they insist that loan was approved and I have to tfr them the balance $2800. I had signed on an agreement what should I do? Real stresses up now as they should think that I’m easy target.

Ls asked u sign agreement? Thats a first.

polarinda

Reaction score
Update for my story ,

I talked to him nicely say that i will only pay what we agreed at first . Which is 320 x 3 weeks total 960 and not paying this only for interest . He pulled back and say Bro i didny force u to pay extra or what , u do nicely this 3 payment . In future u want to borrow more , no problem edy . We not that "pai kuan" ah long .

If we followed and paid the 3 weeks payment . Nicely paid . He wont twist his word right ? Pls help
If u believe in santa claus, then yes.
If i were u, i will change number, bank acct and move on. Inform nok and company. And neighbours.

Adamawew80

Reaction score
If u believe in santa claus, then yes.
If i were u, i will change number, bank acct and move on. Inform nok and company. And neighbours.
Dont believe what they said. After the last payment they will say other things. So dun waste your money.

Xyz@1234

Reaction score
Pls file police report, you can do it online.

Doing "digital agreement" is a new tactic to appear legal but actually all lies and tricks.

PLS REPORT ASAP to let the police know of this.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Yes CID called me this morning assuring me that the paper doesn’t stand coz they’re illegal

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Why you even bother to still pay or negotiate any further? They won’t stop and they will keep hounding you for more. You may agreed to the terms but they won’t. If they stop after you pay, they won’t be called ah long.

Update for my story ,

kleong

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They sent me thru phone and asked me to sign and send it back. Will I be in trouble now?

Those scammers/ls are committing crime. So how is those so call agreement even legal binding?

victim0001

Reaction score
Firstly, no matter how afraid you are, tell the truth to your family. Don't pay back anymore... I'm sure you have paid more than you borrowed by now. They will start harassment etc. Make a police report. Fix a cctv. Etc. They will attack you psychologically first.

What if havent pay back what i have borrowed ? Its 800 he force bank in to my account

victim0001

Reaction score
1. Change number, bank account.
2. report police
3.inform neighbours, noks, company that u were scammed and get their support
4. install cctv

5. go on with your life, whatever will come will come.

if they can't feel u r reading them, half the battle is won. They need u to be fearful and hoping u will pay. If u dun show fear, they can't get their money. Splashing is not done by them but by other victims. And the punishment is jail and cane.

What is nok , and this solution is prepared to lose job am i right ?

victim0001

Reaction score
Yes all 1&2 is correct . You need to tell your family the truth cause if they found out themselves it will be worse. Honesty is the best policy. Don’t transfer them back any more money . Just block them . If they really do anything just call the police . Now you just have to be very thick skin and don’t fear.

Do delete your Social media too :) just in case . For me I get my family to delete their social media for now . That’s because the scammer got their name too .

I worried so much now . They got my Malaysia house address , my manager number , office address , current rent hdb address . Deactivated my fb already. I asked for clearance one shot . I can get help from my mom to clear this . He told me clearance $1120 . If i paid this . I wont pay anymore coz i dont owe him anymore and wait them to come . I think they wont come for harrassment . If i paid them the clearance . He told me his name and whose his under to . San Geylang . Please take note

victim0001

Reaction score
polis never advise you what to do with the money ?
interesting, whats written on the so called "agreement"..something new

Police no advise anything . I feel like damn useless report to the police but he did advice me what to do and he told me will send police to round my place

hwzadmin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear members, please take note that this thread is now closed due to its huge size. A new thread has been automatically generated for your continued discussion here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.