HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree124Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2019, 10:38 AM   #8791

Hi, I have made enquiry with so call legal money lender and i even provide my details to him. As in first place he know my name and NRIc which i dunno how he got it. Now they are after me for payment when i did not even receive a single cent from him. Later he said the person handle had been sack n money transfer to another account buy insist me to pay for his lost. Now they keep calling me, my office and NOK. They even send my family photo to threaten me. What should i do?
Uncontable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 12:19 PM   #8792

Hi, I have made enquiry with so call legal money lender and i even provide my details to him. As in first place he know my name and NRIc which i dunno how he got it. Now they are after me for payment when i did not even receive a single cent from him. Later he said the person handle had been sack n money transfer to another account buy insist me to pay for his lost. Now they keep calling me, my office and NOK. They even send my family photo to threaten me. What should i do?
Just follow the steps in post 8708
zonda_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 12:31 PM   #8793

Make police report block all their numbers and whatsapp. Do not receive calls fromm unknown numbers. Dun talk to them anymore.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT
Spidie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 12:44 PM   #8794

Just follow the steps in post 8708
How to see post 8708? As i'm new here
Old 20-04-2019, 12:46 PM   #8795

Make police report block all their numbers and whatsapp. Do not receive calls fromm unknown numbers. Dun talk to them anymore.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT
Repost done. Those people everyday call me and swnd me picture of my kids and threaten me.
Old 20-04-2019, 01:13 PM   #8796

Okay. I give you the Model Answer.
Are you Singaporean and staying in Singapore ?
Below are the steps.

1) Make a Police Report
2) Stop all the contact and communication with them. Change number if can
3) Use the Police Report and get approval from Town Council to install CCTV
4) Inform your families and colleagues that you tio loan shark scam
5) Just wait and see which fellow debtors wanna throw their future down the drain by supplying your CCTV footage on 3) to your Police officer in charge
6) Live like a normal person, no need lose your sleep over the loan shark. They will not hurt you physically. Only torture you mentally. If you done the 2), then you should be very peaceful
7) Keep in touch with Police
8) Don't doubt the Police like someone in this forum. Must put your trust 100% in Police, they are very good and doing a good job.
Here :-) follow the steps most importantly stay strong during this period your family need u the mist now
zonda_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 01:57 PM   #8797

You expect them encrypted the video and put inside safe deposit box? People should not volunteer send over the video with IC in the first place. I saw got others people video from the same you tube user. Don't know what is inside their mind when they make the video.
I sympatise on the victim as i was once as desparate as them. I understand the stress that when everyone is chasing you for money and one will find all means to find the money to live just for another day.The action by those LS to make this viral is despicable at least. Imagine if it is you in this plight, what will u do? I felt sad. Can the spf check who posted all this video?
Mike-2806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 03:39 PM   #8798

Seems...at least for me ..the UML only threatens me on the day I supposed to settle up the never ending payments...says burn house... etc...I settled up full ..when he said extend...so he does the threats weekly...I forward the messages and numbers to my IO...only turn on the old phone once a week...to see what nonsense they planning...and I do sympathize with the people whose videos were uploaded to YouTube...and SPF should find the people posting....Wish us all peace and soon be rid of this scammer scum....
vladtepish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 04:28 PM   #8799

Hi. Lay low on your social media. Private all yr Fb, instagram, tweeter and etc. Yr whatsapp profile pic too change it. Unlink your social media accounts to your hp number. Since you didnt receive any money from them, chances are they are just trying their luck to get money from you.
Make a police report and just be alert of your surroundings. If you pass them your SINGPASS change your password. Block all unknown numbers calling/texting you.

You need to be emotionally and mentally strong to pull this through. Dont ever fall for their harassment.

Be strong and be safe. 💪
I pray that all will end well for you.
Makminah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 08:46 PM   #8800
High Supremacy Member

Hi. Lay low on your social media. Private all yr Fb, instagram, tweeter and etc. Yr whatsapp profile pic too change it. Unlink your social media accounts to your hp number. Since you didnt receive any money from them, chances are they are just trying their luck to get money from you.
Make a police report and just be alert of your surroundings. If you pass them your SINGPASS change your password. Block all unknown numbers calling/texting you.

You need to be emotionally and mentally strong to pull this through. Dont ever fall for their harassment.

Be strong and be safe. 💪
I pray that all will end well for you.
Singpass need 2FA send to handphone.
Old 20-04-2019, 11:12 PM   #8801

Singpass need 2FA send to handphone.
Yes but no harm taking extra precautions right? Better be safe than sorry.
Old 20-04-2019, 11:45 PM   #8802

Hi all! I'm a new member here.. Worst thing.. My mum fell into these WhatsApp scam from ls.. In the end I help her to block the number and contacted them myself!! Cannot call de.. Can only WhatsApp.. I spam them like fark.. In the end tio block by him... 🤣
Lazychef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 02:06 AM   #8803

Hi all! I'm a new member here.. Worst thing.. My mum fell into these WhatsApp scam from ls.. In the end I help her to block the number and contacted them myself!! Cannot call de.. Can only WhatsApp.. I spam them like fark.. In the end tio block by him... 🤣
Good job. Thank god that she didnt get into deeper sh*t. Just remember to make a report still. You'll never know what this idiots will do.
Old 21-04-2019, 05:19 PM   #8804

Yup.. Did that.. And continue to spam him once I see him online... 🤣 anyway, just to share the number.. It's 83815406 do be aware to those who haven't kana

Good job. Thank god that she didnt get into deeper sh*t. Just remember to make a report still. You'll never know what this idiots will do.
Lazychef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 08:02 PM   #8805

Anyone here has experience with debt collectors from Unity81?
Sg_Oris is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.