Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hell84

Reaction score
my nok offered them to come to my house... want money come to my house his waiting.. but my nok say to him, they will make sure the ahlong or runner come down from my house half dead... i open my door all the way... i am waiting for their arrival... coz i paid them more then what im suppose to be repaying them.. they dun allow me to make full payment...

Erm my nok dont stay with me. If they come to my hse then my husband sure know le.

Stress

Reaction score
Erm my nok dont stay with me. If they come to my hse then my husband sure know le.

Then instal cctv. the most they come try to splash paint. obviously not infront of u la.. u think when they come they will introduced themself n say hi im ahlong.. hahahahaha no lah.. they will do it slyly.. quiet2 one... thats y i say install cctv, chances of them coming up is lower, still they try luck la to come up... block the LS no.. dun bother... if they call ur nok, tell ur nok to block all unknown no.

Hell84

Reaction score
Just to see of anyone kena same as me. My 1st ah long is with a malaysian accent and my 2nd ah long is a sg accent. Both of them call me within a matter of days to offer loan

sonnet23

Reaction score
They called my workplace... and thats it... 1st few days is hell.. keep calling my nok... then quiet.. following week then called my workplace twice.. then so far now 3 weeks notin... still being very careful.. looking at cctv... but so far ok...
really dun wan them call my workplace of course. dun know how. NOK still can handle.
if workplace not sure who will answer the phone. the ah long threatened me let all people know in the company leh

sonnet23

Reaction score
Then instal cctv. the most they come try to splash paint. obviously not infront of u la.. u think when they come they will introduced themself n say hi im ahlong.. hahahahaha no lah.. they will do it slyly.. quiet2 one... thats y i say install cctv, chances of them coming up is lower, still they try luck la to come up... block the LS no.. dun bother... if they call ur nok, tell ur nok to block all unknown no.
where you actually by the cctv camera? the one with motion sensitive?

Hell84

Reaction score
really dun wan them call my workplace of course. dun know how. NOK still can handle.
if workplace not sure who will answer the phone. the ah long threatened me let all people know in the company leh

How many pple are there in your office?

Hell84

Reaction score
Honestly any idea how much is the loan amount then they will do things till so drastic?

Mattdumdum

Reaction score
When is ur due date... if he say today $600 then settle, u tell him lor u want to settle today, if he say cannot must defer then stop paying n block.. if he say ok then u go n pay lor if u want. then case close..

My experience is that they say pay this amount to settle. After I paid they said my payment froze their bank account and I still owe them money. That’s when I woke up and made police report and closed my own bank account. I don’t think you should believe them when they say you can settle your “account” with them. It’s a never ending cycle!

Last edited:

Mattdumdum

Reaction score
I also scare my other colleagues knoe

Sometimes no choice, I also just informed my office that I was scammed while looking for a motorcycle loan. If you’re scared that your office will know, these fxxkers have something to use against you.

Best thing to do is let your NOK and office know that you got scammed/lost IC so that they won’t have anything to scare you with. Trust me, the feeling when I told my NOK was damn solid. At least I don’t have anything to fear if they want to threaten me.

Hell84

Reaction score
Sometimes no choice, I also just informed my office that I was scammed while looking for a motorcycle loan. If you’re scared that your office will know, these fxxkers have something to use against you.

Best thing to do is let your NOK and office know that you got scammed/lost IC so that they won’t have anything to scare you with. Trust me, the feeling when I told my NOK was damn solid. At least I don’t have anything to fear if they want to threaten me.

I alr informed my family and hisband i lost my NRIC le. But i don know how they will react when they recvd the calls.

Stressout123

Reaction score
Think i will just pay the $200 or max $400.then tell him last payment and not to contact me again. Then block him. Hopefully, more peace as he get to earn $200, though its peanuts to them.

tbh, the more you pay the more they will try make contact with you, as they find it easy to scare you into giving them more.
I would suggest not to make anymore payment. Make the police report (give all contact info, bank account info), inform NOK, install cam (if necessary).
If you dont know how to tell NOK, just let them know ur IC lost and start receiving these call (i think this most standard ans here)
These UML pray on your fear. You gotta stand up and not be afraid. The last time my UML called me. I told him since i freeze your bank account, why not meet up and I pay you cash with all interest. I gave him location at coffee shop near police post, he say he contact again. After that no sound no picture from him. Just carry on with life and be on look out for suspicious ppl loitering around.

Hell84

Reaction score
tbh, the more you pay the more they will try make contact with you, as they find it easy to scare you into giving them more.
I would suggest not to make anymore payment. Make the police report (give all contact info, bank account info), inform NOK, install cam (if necessary).
If you dont know how to tell NOK, just let them know ur IC lost and start receiving these call (i think this most standard ans here)
These UML pray on your fear. You gotta stand up and not be afraid. The last time my UML called me. I told him since i freeze your bank account, why not meet up and I pay you cash with all interest. I gave him location at coffee shop near police post, he say he contact again. After that no sound no picture from him. Just carry on with life and be on look out for suspicious ppl loitering around.

Ok i guess this is best le. I also scared my maid will faint cuz my fil is old and needs her care. My maid is kind of timid type.

I actually felt alot better after talking abt this here. Even at the station i was scolded by the officer on the phone.. But here i felt like i had support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.