HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree151Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2019, 08:44 PM   #8836
High Supremacy Member

Hi all, thank you so much for your support. You guys have no idea how much this means to me.

To those who asked me to support him emotionally, unfortunately the ship has already sailed on this one. I stupidly helped my dad conceal his cheating on my mum many years ago, but I told my mum last night. Mum is now filing for divorce and we told him he’s no longer our dad cos of all the lies (which have been going on for many years, and it’s not the first time we’ve lent him money).

My dad said he only provided his own IC and office address to the loansharks but not our details (although I don’t fully trust him). My mum is able to cancel his phone line cos it’s under her name, but I’m worried that this will trigger them to show up at our place. I’ve shifted out sometime ago but my mum and my sibling are still there and we are trying to sell the house. We’ve repaid 3 loansharks before I got your advice, but dad says there’s 7 other loansharks waiting for their payment.

What should our next step be? Don’t pay the rest and just cancel the line? Will the loansharks do sth drastic like beat him up etc to make him give them our details? I’m living in fear everyday.... 😔
Read post #8708.
Old 23-04-2019, 08:45 PM   #8837
High Supremacy Member

dun wan lah then later they run after me
Raw rice already become cooked rice. You take or no take they will run after you. First disturb you, then nok and next company colleagues. SOP, if you bother to read history. The issue is you are not Singaporean. Those method discussed is not applicable to you.
Old 23-04-2019, 09:24 PM   #8838

So far mine nv shout lehz. I settling 50/mth lol. If shout at me i can tell them go f o liao. I wont pay. Wan collect back money oso must talk nicely mah tio bo.

Both...anything just call Spf...CB last time those debt collector shou outside my unit i just called police and they behave like dog Sia..police record their ic too
delceer likes this.
Old 23-04-2019, 09:34 PM   #8839

Erm have to see case by case la, if local wan maybe got chance will kena whack but see amount of loan oso la. But seldom will happen la. Your family issue we cannot advice musch as we are all outaider here and we do not really know what actually trigger him to borrow from loanshark my guess shuld be gambling bah. Anyway jus go and install camera file a pilice report n keep ur door wide ooen anyone come jus call police they are more scared theb u do. Changing num is a correct move. U sld not have paid all the 10 ah long u own. U pay one all will come after you all to ask for payment. Dun oay be firm tell ur 'dad' too dun pay change num once and for all. Cheers dun worry too much anything share here will see what we can help

Hi all, thank you so much for your support. You guys have no idea how much this means to me.

To those who asked me to support him emotionally, unfortunately the ship has already sailed on this one. I stupidly helped my dad conceal his cheating on my mum many years ago, but I told my mum last night. Mum is now filing for divorce and we told him he’s no longer our dad cos of all the lies (which have been going on for many years, and it’s not the first time we’ve lent him money).

My dad said he only provided his own IC and office address to the loansharks but not our details (although I don’t fully trust him). My mum is able to cancel his phone line cos it’s under her name, but I’m worried that this will trigger them to show up at our place. I’ve shifted out sometime ago but my mum and my sibling are still there and we are trying to sell the house. We’ve repaid 3 loansharks before I got your advice, but dad says there’s 7 other loansharks waiting for their payment.

What should our next step be? Don’t pay the rest and just cancel the line? Will the loansharks do sth drastic like beat him up etc to make him give them our details? I’m living in fear everyday.... 😔
Old 23-04-2019, 09:36 PM   #8840

But make sure u dun share anything that is sensitive here cause here is open to all the ah long may oso be reading.

Just rmb dun ever go and assit in loansharking activities sure will kena catch wan once kena sure will get canning. So just stay clam. Cheers.

Old 23-04-2019, 09:36 PM   #8841

Lol they dun come back and post hahaha.....

Post #8708 is not applicable to you. Police will send you back. Got few cases similar with you as foreigner, you can read the history. Now they don't even come back and post.
Old 23-04-2019, 09:37 PM   #8842

Take and spend uelse it to eat, u got take no take oso will kena fisturb all this ah long is fuc***.

What to do when they transfer money to my account?
Old 23-04-2019, 10:57 PM   #8843

To those who asked me to support him emotionally, unfortunately the ship has already sailed on this one. I stupidly helped my dad conceal his cheating on my mum many years ago, but I told my mum last night. Mum is now filing for divorce and we told him heís no longer our dad cos of all the lies (which have been going on for many years, and itís not the first time weíve lent him money).

My dad said he only provided his own IC and office address to the loansharks but not our details (although I donít fully trust him). My mum is able to cancel his phone line cos itís under her name, but Iím worried that this will trigger them to show up at our place. Iíve shifted out sometime ago but my mum and my sibling are still there and we are trying to sell the house. Weíve repaid 3 loansharks before I got your advice, but dad says thereís 7 other loansharks waiting for their payment.

What should our next step be? Donít pay the rest and just cancel the line? Will the loansharks do sth drastic like beat him up etc to make him give them our details? Iím living in fear everyday.... 😔
Not 100% sure what type of loan sharks you are dealing with. We are encountering a lot of loan scams, those who even if you pay will come up with lies and tricks to say you never pay.

Those who use fear and threats to scare you. Do not pay them, report them to police and follow our advice, police will also give you them same advice. You can see Bro JJ case for reference. Pls don't let this ruin your family or your Dad any further.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Your dad will always be your dad even though he get you all into this trouble and mess, he needs understanding too and needs someone to beat him into shape depending on what his problem is, eg gambling or etc etc.

That's what family are for, pls do what you can for him or refer him to the family services who have professionals who can help him.
Old 24-04-2019, 12:23 AM   #8844

Hi All,

Today is my first day that i stop paying them.. am little worried nevertheless motivated after reading all the message here.
Old 24-04-2019, 01:27 AM   #8845
High Supremacy Member

But make sure u dun share anything that is sensitive here cause here is open to all the ah long may oso be reading.

Just rmb dun ever go and assit in loansharking activities sure will kena catch wan once kena sure will get canning. So just stay clam. Cheers.
This one...
Old 24-04-2019, 08:05 AM   #8846

Erm have to see case by case la, if local wan maybe got chance will kena whack but see amount of loan oso la. But seldom will happen la. Your family issue we cannot advice musch as we are all outaider here and we do not really know what actually trigger him to borrow from loanshark my guess shuld be gambling bah. Anyway jus go and install camera file a pilice report n keep ur door wide ooen anyone come jus call police they are more scared theb u do. Changing num is a correct move. U sld not have paid all the 10 ah long u own. U pay one all will come after you all to ask for payment. Dun oay be firm tell ur 'dad' too dun pay change num once and for all. Cheers dun worry too much anything share here will see what we can help
Just let the ah long whack lo..or else her dad will NVR wake up...
Old 24-04-2019, 08:08 AM   #8847

To those who asked me to support him emotionally, unfortunately the ship has already sailed on this one. I stupidly helped my dad conceal his cheating on my mum many years ago, but I told my mum last night. Mum is now filing for divorce and we told him heís no longer our dad cos of all the lies (which have been going on for many years, and itís not the first time weíve lent him money).

My dad said he only provided his own IC and office address to the loansharks but not our details (although I donít fully trust him). My mum is able to cancel his phone line cos itís under her name, but Iím worried that this will trigger them to show up at our place. Iíve shifted out sometime ago but my mum and my sibling are still there and we are trying to sell the house. Weíve repaid 3 loansharks before I got your advice, but dad says thereís 7 other loansharks waiting for their payment.

What should our next step be? Donít pay the rest and just cancel the line? Will the loansharks do sth drastic like beat him up etc to make him give them our details? Iím living in fear everyday.... 😔
Don't worry they won't beat u up..pls make a police report...have the Al contact u?pls set yr disable all yr social media account first so that the Al won't dig up yr photo to shame u..don't worry about physical harm..Al not stupid they only want yr money...not whole spf after them if they harm u physically..
Old 24-04-2019, 08:10 AM   #8848

Legal debt collectors sg police cannot.do anything one
Ya..but they won't dare to kpkp with police presence..fking dog..only act fierce in front of debtors..when police arrived also ljke timid ****y..
Old 24-04-2019, 08:11 AM   #8849

Not 100% sure what type of loan sharks you are dealing with. We are encountering a lot of loan scams, those who even if you pay will come up with lies and tricks to say you never pay.

Those who use fear and threats to scare you. Do not pay them, report them to police and follow our advice, police will also give you them same advice. You can see Bro JJ case for reference. Pls don't let this ruin your family or your Dad any further.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

Your dad will always be your dad even though he get you all into this trouble and mess, he needs understanding too and needs someone to beat him into shape depending on what his problem is, eg gambling or etc etc.

That's what family are for, pls do what you can for him or refer him to the family services who have professionals who can help him.
I believe this type is old school ah long...her dad compulsive gambler sure got lobang for old school ah long to feed his habits .
Old 24-04-2019, 08:36 AM   #8850

Hi All,

Today is my first day that i stop paying them.. am little worried nevertheless motivated after reading all the message here.
Hello. Good job🖒
All the best to you ya! 💪💪
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.