Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hell84

Reaction score
Loan shark target yr fear of losing yr job n fear of your family.just ignore them.dont look at their message or video.

Thats very true. Since i refused to pay the first ah long on this Tuesday:
1) tue : they use many unknown numbers to call me and whatsapp me vulgarities and all
2) wed : some random calls, sms and whatsapp offering me loans
3) today : no calls or anything at all

Today supposed to pay my 2nd sg ah long but no calls or sms or whatever. I am kind of peaceful but also very worried as well.

And the thing is the second ah long is actually online on watsapp on and off but nothing from him.

Last edited:

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Thats very true. Since i refused to pay the first ah long on this Tuesday:
1) tue : they use many unknown numbers to call me and whatsapp me vulgarities and all
2) wed : some random calls, sms and whatsapp offering me loans
3) today : no calls or anything at all

Today supposed to pay my 2nd sg ah long but no calls or sms or whatever. I am kind of peaceful but also very worried as well.

And the thing is the second ah long is actually online on watsapp on and off but nothing from him.

World cup peak period for al

Sharuu

Reaction score
STOP FUNDING CRIMINALS.

Update:

So, my NOK, in a spectacular display of acting skills, has managed to convince my ah long that I/my friend owe him 10,000$ over a failed business venture. I can't give details, but the exchange was as below.

1. NOK opened the conversation with how I/my friend no longer live at the address I gave, that's why he's still looking for me.
(Just to throw him off my address. Not sure how effective this will be.)

2. Next, he said the reason I/my friend gave his name as NOK is because I/my friend knew that the ah long would look for him; it was to show my NOK that I/my friend am in financial difficulty.
(This was the point my NOK gave him the 10k$ figure and I could practically hear the ah long drooling.)

3. NOK then said that he has been doing his own surveillance on me/my friend and is sure that I/my friend is not in financial difficulty.
(At this point, the ah long confirm drooling already and he offered to pay my NOK to look for me/my friend. This means he has no resources of his own.)

4. My NOK didn't address his offer at all, said he had to go because we were suitably inebriated by that time and couldn't talk properly.

Today! He called my NOK again, asking if he has any updates on me/my friend. My NOK said he's not giving any information until he gets paid. Lol! We're giving it a day or two and if he contacts my NOK again within that period, we'll negotiate a price.

I welcome any technical input.

Watch! This! Space!

Sharuu

Reaction score
Means when world cup is over they will come after me? What is al?

Don't be silly. They're very busy with football bookie work and finding new clients. You're not the centre of their universe.

STOP FUNDING CRIMINALS

Hell84

Reaction score
Don't be silly. They're very busy with football bookie work and finding new clients. You're not the centre of their universe.

STOP FUNDING CRIMINALS

That's good to know. I hope they will forget about me. U stay safe too.

Hell84

Reaction score
STOP FUNDING CRIMINALS.

Update:

So, my NOK, in a spectacular display of acting skills, has managed to convince my ah long that I/my friend owe him 10,000$ over a failed business venture. I can't give details, but the exchange was as below.

1. NOK opened the conversation with how I/my friend no longer live at the address I gave, that's why he's still looking for me.

2. Next, he said the reason I/my friend gave his name as NOK is because I/my friend knew that the ah long would look for him; it was to show my NOK that I/my friend am in financial difficulty.
(This was the point my NOK gave him the 10k$ figure and I could practically hear the ah long drooling.)

3. NOK then said that he has been doing his own surveillance on me/my friend and is sure that I/my friend is not in financial difficulty.
(At this point, the ah long confirm drooling already and he offered to pay my NOK to look for me/my friend. This means he has no resources of his own.)

4. My NOK didn't address his offer at all, said he had to go because we were suitably inebriated by that time and couldn't talk properly.

Today! He called my NOK again, asking if he has any updates on me/my friend. My NOK said he's not giving any information until he gets paid. Lol! We're giving it a day or two and if he contacts my NOK again within that period, we'll negotiate a price.

Watch! This! Space!

Seriously they would fund you instead?

Hell84

Reaction score
Dunno, we're not expecting anything, but it would be nice to have free money that I'm not obliged to pay back.

Hmmm in the mean time please stay safe. Honestly i am kinda worried about you, seems like you playing it far too dangerous.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Hmmm in the mean time please stay safe. Honestly i am kinda worried about you, seems like you playing it far too dangerous.

I agreed I said the same thing before there are at least 1000 Al out there I'd he managed hiong 400 from all of them =400k.good luck

Last edited:

Hell84

Reaction score
Oh no my NOK has received the spam calls. I dont know what to do and how to face them. Definitely not paying anymore. How do i hang on like this?

Last edited:

Nas1978

Reaction score
STOP FUNDING CRIMINALS.

Update:

Watch! This! Space!

Hahaah. bravo.. Bravo

Nas1978

Reaction score
I dont know how to face my nok n cant slp.

I was in your shoe. Be truth to ur family. You will feel better and also for their safety. Make a police report, change ur number and your NOK number too. Dont be afraid of the LS but more for your family.

Stress

Reaction score

things happen already... even if u dun wanna face, still bopian have to face.. i know im not helping u in any ways, still my best advice, tell them the truth...
swallow whatever has happen.. change ur no.. ask u nok of block their nos... and... be prepared to tell ur colleauge to standby to receive calls from them...

Stress

Reaction score

they will make u feel so miserable... that is how they work... they got balls to scold u n nok on the phone, even if sg ahlong, if their balls are big enuff u will see them appearing infront of u.. but so far their balls very small one...yaya only... u have to just ignore them... change ur mobile no n nok no.. u will feel way way peaceful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.