HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree127Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2019, 08:40 PM   #9076

Hope now they won't do the worst... Burn things outside house....
Whatever they do, do not pay, do not give in. Feel unsafe, call 999. Cctv record down the event, they will be arrested in no time. Hang in there. Take care.
JusticeLeague2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 02:17 PM   #9077

I got myself tangled in this situation? Will i get into trouble with the police if i told them i took up from the loan sharks? Because right now, i am taking from a new person to cover for my existing loans and i have lost 8k in a span of 4 weeks. I need help

I setup this thread regarding Loanshark harassment. I, myself is not a debtor however to be frank someone in my family does.

I hope to gather more users and people to voice out. The Police are doing a lot to curb this problem. However we must face the fact that this problem had been there for decades. Have faith and trust in our system. It is very hard to eliminate the network, nevertheless if every citizen does their part in cooperating; it is must easier to get to the network.

This is how you can help. If any of your family members owe loan shark money, tell them not to pay up a single cent. Tell them to call the Police Hotline number 1800 225 0000 to transfer you to the relevant department. In which there is a specific department in the West that handle Loan Shark Cases.

In the event that you are the debtor, please refrain from helping the loanshark or fall into their trap to help them in their illegal activities. They will ask you for personal details. E.g. Singpass, ATM card or even ask you to help them distribute brochures or transfer money.

Donít fall prey to become a target by the loanshark syndicate. In the event that you canít make payment they will ask you to work for them to pay off your debts. Donít do it. Owing money doesnít resort in a death penalty, jail sentence or caning. However if you are debtors turn assistors, the punishment is very severe. You, yourself will in turn from a victim become a criminal.

Under the Moneylenders Act 2010 (Revised Edition), first-time offenders found guilty of carrying on the business as an unlicensed moneylender or assisting in the business of unlicensed moneylending may be fined not less than $30,000 and not more $300,000, be imprisoned for a term not exceeding four years and shall also be liable to be punished with caning not more than six strokes. First time offender found guilty of loanshark harassment shall be punished with imprisonment for a term of up to 5 years, a fine of not less than $5,000 and not more than $50,000, and shall also be liable to caning of not less than 3 and not more than 6 strokes.

You have heard of the saying, 明知道老虎会咬人,你还一直喂他,那就是自寻死路。
If you are a debtor, please donít blame yourself for what happen. If you are not desperate, you wonít be borrowing from them. Seek your family understanding. Sometime you would feel helpless, you are loss, you always trying to source money to meet payment, the pain and psychological torture is unbearable. But please face the fact; this is never the end of life.

Donít pay them; it is not against the law not to pay them. They will threaten to report on you and use a lot of threatening message to make you pay or work for them. But come to think of it, when did they show up to receive the payment in person. It is always through Bank Transfer. Ask yourself why.

Learn to understand the situation you are in, accept it. And be true to your family about the money lending matter. Call NPCG for counselling in the event that your family members donít understand.

The methodology that they used is always to instill fear in their victims. And from the news you would know that many loan shark always are so notorious. But come to think of it, who are the one that are being used by them. Who are the one that are doing the dirty job? The debtors are always the one.
Ask yourself a question, why does the Police always so reactive towards the loan shark? It is because the loan sharks are always under the veil. They used the debtors as smoke screen.

What will happen in the event you donít pay up?
They will spray paint at your house, disturb your neighbor, disgrace you, humiliate you and shame you. These are the tactics that they used. So how bad can this be? Do you want your life back again? Or do you want to live in a lifetime full of fear. I will be very honest with you. My father had been feeding the tiger for years and finally now, he decide to heel the Police advice and stop paying and cooperate with them.

You are not the only one suffering if you continue to pay. Think about your family for the long term. Do you want them to suffer with you for 10 year, 20 years, worrying about money? Think about it. Do you want to be partner in crime? Or do you want a lifelong happiness with your family. If you really care for your family members, you should know the right thing to do. If you are scares you can always post on the forum or talk to someone regarding the case.

I believe if we unite as one, we can accomplish more. If you are young, bold, adventurous, please feel free to voice out. We can always spend some time to help one another. We can help family by family if we have more manpower. The debtors need people to talk to. The family members need assurance and comfort. We donít blame other for not helping us, if we are not helping ourselves. We donít need to resort to violence; we want to build a peaceful community for everyone to live in.

And again, I need more people and more support to discuss matter and also plan to help other out.

Thank you for your time in reading this.
Jejel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 02:56 PM   #9078

I got myself tangled in this situation? Will i get into trouble with the police if i told them i took up from the loan sharks? Because right now, i am taking from a new person to cover for my existing loans and i have lost 8k in a span of 4 weeks. I need help
Are you Singaporean? If yes, then you are quite safe for reporting to the police. If no, then will be tricky.

I mean for the police part only, but you got to embrace what may come from the LS.
Messup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 03:39 PM   #9079

Yes Iím Singaporean. Just want to know, what is the worst that could haooen? I cannot afford to keep paying and not clearing anything. Some of these people just whatsapp me a bank acc number and amount. Then they just say must transfer by 6pm. I donít know what should i do.

Are you Singaporean? If yes, then you are quite safe for reporting to the police. If no, then will be tricky.

I mean for the police part only, but you got to embrace what may come from the LS.
Old 21-05-2019, 03:45 PM   #9080

Yes Iím Singaporean. Just want to know, what is the worst that could haooen? I cannot afford to keep paying and not clearing anything. Some of these people just whatsapp me a bank acc number and amount. Then they just say must transfer by 6pm. I donít know what should i do.
So you managed to take a loan from them?

Whatever it is, report to the police.

Some of the basic things to do are:

1) report to police
2) block them and stop communicating with them
3) embrace for whatever that may happen
4) be vigilant and report any suspicious persons
5) close and change account numbers
Messup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 04:41 PM   #9081

Thank you. I intend to change my number and stay at my sisterís place till things cool down. I tried avoiding them the other time but they called my neighbor and my boss. Both made police report. They kept calling my workplace in the end i caved in and paid them. Just wondering, after avoiding them, will they really leave us alone after they throw paint at your house?

So you managed to take a loan from them?

Whatever it is, report to the police.

Some of the basic things to do are:

1) report to police
2) block them and stop communicating with them
3) embrace for whatever that may happen
4) be vigilant and report any suspicious persons
5) close and change account numbers
Old 21-05-2019, 08:58 PM   #9082

Thank you. I intend to change my number and stay at my sisterís place till things cool down. I tried avoiding them the other time but they called my neighbor and my boss. Both made police report. They kept calling my workplace in the end i caved in and paid them. Just wondering, after avoiding them, will they really leave us alone after they throw paint at your house?
STOP Paying! All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams
Old 22-05-2019, 10:48 AM   #9083

Hi,

Recently a loan shark bank in $500 into my account without my consent and demand $2500 back even though I have not taken a loan.

Wanted to transfer the $500 back but loan shark doesn't give me his bank account and wanted $2500 back zzz

And while getting his bank account (was busy at work), loan shark asked for my particulars which I gave stupidly (IC, Office number, etc etc) so yes, they are going to harrass my family.

What should I do? They don't want to take back their $500 and demand for such a big sum and threaten.

Have also made police report. Polix told me not to pay a single cent. But well, I didn't borrow any amount at all but after sending my particulars (he say he needed it to give me his bank account for me to transfer money) which I gave, now he have them all.

Am I screwed? Really stupid of me to fall into this scam instead of ignoring them from the start
OneLeafBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 01:31 PM   #9084

Hi,

Recently a loan shark bank in $500 into my account without my consent and demand $2500 back even though I have not taken a loan.

Wanted to transfer the $500 back but loan shark doesn't give me his bank account and wanted $2500 back zzz

And while getting his bank account (was busy at work), loan shark asked for my particulars which I gave stupidly (IC, Office number, etc etc) so yes, they are going to harrass my family.

What should I do? They don't want to take back their $500 and demand for such a big sum and threaten.

Have also made police report. Polix told me not to pay a single cent. But well, I didn't borrow any amount at all but after sending my particulars (he say he needed it to give me his bank account for me to transfer money) which I gave, now he have them all.

Am I screwed? Really stupid of me to fall into this scam instead of ignoring them from the start
It's a loan scam.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams
Old 22-05-2019, 02:27 PM   #9085

Able to advise me what I should do?
I had enquire on a loan through UML and have my details. In the end I didn't agree to the loan and he had transfer to my bank. I tried to call and message but no answer or reply.
I had being told to make police report and close my bank account. But how about the money being transfer to me?

Last edited by Immortal888; 22-05-2019 at 02:33 PM..
Immortal888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 05:47 PM   #9086

Able to advise me what I should do?
I had enquire on a loan through UML and have my details. In the end I didn't agree to the loan and he had transfer to my bank. I tried to call and message but no answer or reply.
I had being told to make police report and close my bank account. But how about the money being transfer to me?
It's called a force loan. Do not pay, ignore them.
Old 22-05-2019, 06:08 PM   #9087

It's called a force loan. Do not pay, ignore them.
Hi, so I no need pay back the money that was transfer to me?
Old 22-05-2019, 07:14 PM   #9088

Hi, so I no need pay back the money that was transfer to me?
Can't, unless you want money to go to another victim account. Plus you become a suspect in helping to move money around.
Old 22-05-2019, 08:57 PM   #9089

Can't, unless you want money to go to another victim account. Plus you become a suspect in helping to move money around.
Hi, so for now I just wait for his reply? Or wait till he send the new account number to ask me to transfer to?
Because I read previous thread, is to block and ignore
I had inform my family member on this and they are prepare for this already. Just afraid will disturb till my work.
Old 22-05-2019, 10:12 PM   #9090

100 % they will call your workplace. You return the money or not they will come after you. You already got trapped .like all of us here. There is no gentlemen agreement with these bustards. So listen to us.

[1QUOTE=Immortal888;120917923]Hi, so for now I just wait for his reply? Or wait till he send the new account number to ask me to transfer to?
Because I read previous thread, is to block and ignore
I had inform my family member on this and they are prepare for this already. Just afraid will disturb till my work.[/QUOTE]
Fear Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.