HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2019, 09:41 PM   #9181

How much did u actually owe them , first time i see runner so daring stand in front of your hse banging your door , they not scare police come a catch them ?
Runner stupid and victim scared. Sad outcome to pass $600 when he did not owe them anything or is there something that doesn't adds up?

Why he never call 999? Why he pay $600 is he's very sure he doesn't owe them anything.

I would get angry, not scared if they did this to my house.
Old 31-05-2019, 09:49 PM   #9182

I never owe them money. They transfered $500 to my account and ask for $2500 back and claimed that I took a loan. Reported police and everything. Worst thing is, the cctv in lift and level 1 didn't capture anything!
To these scammers you owe them money. But just keep the money but since you have paid them don't pay anymore. To me now they owe you $100.. Don't entertain them.

Simple call 999 or contact/email I/O if harassed. Happened to me too but amount more than you.

But with advise from kind people here and using my head instead of my heart, I only had 1 and only incident of house visit.

It's been almost half a year of peace. Listen to advice here which are applicable to you. the only way is to ignore them. Call 999 next time these runner come over and report the previous incident if you have not.

Remember, if we stop funding their illegal activities, they will have no funds to target future victims. their money supply cannot be like a bottomless pit, one day will dry up too.

Last edited by green72; 31-05-2019 at 09:52 PM..
Old 31-05-2019, 10:14 PM   #9183

To all those still in their darkest hour, do create an action plan on what to do if you get harassed whether at home, social media or voice/text message.

Please, it doesn't matter if you really owe them or you get scammed. The harassment need to stop. While it may sound counter intuitive, STOP paying. As long as they can milk money from you, you are their focus target.

As others have advice:

- make Police report
- dont reply at ALL to these scumbags. (Calls/SMS/WHATSAPP) Block their numbers.
- close that bank account (advisable in case they transfer more but doubt it - they will lose more)
- ask bank trf back the $$$ (optional if you feel guilty. You are covered if you make Police report)
- inform NOK and Workplace (Very important, 80% of your battle won if able to do so)
- call 999 immediately if you see suspicious person outside house.(Don't bloody hesitate!)
- install CCTV for peace of mind. (require TC approval with a copy of police report)

Also, ignore the stigma of what others think of you. This is the biggest culprit to why some continue to pay or answer calls from these UMLs. Thinking by doing so can silence the problem. Just ignore what others say. I myself received some poorly thought and hateful comments from some so-called friends after they got to know about it. I say, f**k them lah.

Plan and prepare to take action if it arise. And stick to the plan, don't cower and hide. Man up and take action.

The UMLs are organised but so can you. They will be taken aback if you can fend off their harassment with little to no fear. Our country live by the RULE of LAW. You'll can make them nervous instead of them scaring you if you know what to do.

You need to get back your life these scumbags stole.

PS: On a side note, I still believe all this can be prevented if IMDA/SPF or relevant authorities can collaborate with Telcos to find ways to prevent unsolicited loans adverts via SMS and Whatsapp. One way is to allow the public to report these adverts and to suspend service of these numbers for investigations. Telco can call it CSR or whatever they like but they can play a part for the community as doing such activity for them it doesn't help their bottomline. These advert is the source of the harassment down the road. Number of cases will drastically drop if potential victims don't have access to these UMLs via this method.

Also, please be aware these UMLs roam these forum and also read and/or reply to our comments. They do have an army of keyboard warriors. You and I can only guess by their replies and comments to blame borrowers for their financial misjudgement. What this forum was created for HOW TO STOP HARASSMENT FROM LOANSHARKS and not why we did not manage our finances properly. For that topic we can open a new thread to discuss.

Last edited by green72; 01-06-2019 at 02:15 AM..
Old 01-06-2019, 07:59 AM   #9184

Correct I passed them $600 cos they deposit $500 in my account and I didn't make the transfer previously as advised by police. That was when things got worst. Been two days since I heard anything from loan shark. Hopefully it stay this way. But anyway, I'm terminated from my company cos of this incident.

Runner stupid and victim scared. Sad outcome to pass $600 when he did not owe them anything or is there something that doesn't adds up?

Why he never call 999? Why he pay $600 is he's very sure he doesn't owe them anything.

I would get angry, not scared if they did this to my house.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:09 AM   #9185

Correct I passed them $600 cos they deposit $500 in my account and I didn't make the transfer previously as advised by police. That was when things got worst. Been two days since I heard anything from loan shark. Hopefully it stay this way. But anyway, I'm terminated from my company cos of this incident.
Sorry to hear your plight.

Didnít you show your company the police report?
Old 01-06-2019, 08:11 AM   #9186

Hi Green
Welcome back. I am glad you are gaining some peace. A year is a long wait with feeling of nervousness. We all can begin new a life . And starting is difficult after receiving heavy blows from these son of a bitch. Yes, we get look down but we are still alive. My encouragement is there is some light at
the end, dim light is better than no light.

Pick ourselves up.
And dont fuucckk ourselves twice.

[QUOTE=green72;121069807]To all those still in their darkest hour, do create an action plan on what to do if you get harassed whether at home, social media or voice/text message.

Please, it doesn't matter if you really owe them or you get scammed. The harassment need to stop. While it may sound counter intuitive, STOP paying. As long as they can milk money from you, you are their focus target.

As others have advice:

- make Police report
- dont reply at ALL to these scumbags. (Calls/SMS/WHATSAPP) Block their numbers.
- close that bank account (advisable in case they transfer more but doubt it - they will lose more)
- ask bank trf back the $$$ (optional if you feel guilty. You are covered if you make Police report)
- inform NOK and Workplace (Very important, 80% of your battle won if able to do so)
- call 999 immediately if you see suspicious person outside house.(Don't bloody hesitate!)
- install CCTV for peace of mind. (require TC approval with a copy of police report)

Also, ignore the stigma of what others think of you. This is the biggest culprit to why some continue to pay or answer calls from these UMLs. Thinking by doing so can silence the problem. Just ignore what others say. I myself received some poorly thought and hateful comments from some so-called friends after they got to know about it. I say, f**k them lah.

Plan and prepare to take action if it arise. And stick to the plan, don't cower and hide. Man up and take action.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:23 AM   #9187

Boy,
Have no regret about what you should or should not have done. The result is inevitable, nothing good will come out of it. Prepare yourself for a new chapter in life. No matter how much they have destroyed , you can always rebuild. Some in this position may be a lot worse, family and friendships were destroyed.
We are your e- friends here though we dont meet.

Old 01-06-2019, 08:26 AM   #9188

Hi fearless and green,

Good to have you both here helping us victims to move on.

Yes, the anxiety of anticipation is not a pleasant feel. Pick up and clear the even deeper **** prior to engaging them, move on and plan for the better.

Jia you everyone. 人在做天在看
Old 01-06-2019, 08:35 AM   #9189
Supremacy Member

Hello, from my experience, just yolo and donít pay them a single cent anymore.
It will never stop. Some may stop, but most of them wonít. And if you already pay more
Money for the principle, then no need pay then. At the most they come and splash paint. Call town council and they will help you wash the paint. And once they start painting your house, police confirm chop guarantee will track down all those aspiring artist, and throw them inside changi chsalet. Go to town council get approval for cctv, then just wait. They will definitely call your nok and workplace. But just tahan. After a while they also tired. But donít worry. they wonít wonít physically hurt you or your family.

to clarify... town council will only wash and remove the paint on the corridor

those paint on your door and grille, u have to remove and repaint yourself
Old 01-06-2019, 09:07 AM   #9190

Good morning bro.
You too have been doing the same inspite of your problem. I was wounded lightly by them but I know what they can unleash . Its very vicious and deadly. Thats why I hate these scumbags.

While I do encourage others to help new victims, I can undestand most wont becauze of the size of problem they are faced with.
Those who came back, came out much stronger and I salute them all, including your goodself.

Hi fearless and green,

Good to have you both here helping us victims to move on.

Yes, the anxiety of anticipation is not a pleasant feel. Pick up and clear the even deeper **** prior to engaging them, move on and plan for the better.

Jia you everyone. 人在做天在看
Old 01-06-2019, 09:18 AM   #9191

Good morning bro.
You too have been doing the same inspite of your problem. I was wounded lightly by them but I know what they can unleash . Its very vicious and deadly. Thats why I hate these scumbags.

While I do encourage others to help new victims, I can undestand most wont becauze of the size of problem they are faced with.
Those who came back, came out much stronger and I salute them all, including your goodself.
Yea.... letís fight on and hopefully more victims-to-be get to see this thread before they engaged them.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:19 AM   #9192

Good sunday morning.

I have nothing more to say than having you (mj saint) turn the scums into rats.

Nice to hear you bro.

to clarify... town council will only wash and remove the paint on the corridor

those paint on your door and grille, u have to remove and repaint yourself
Old 01-06-2019, 09:25 AM   #9193

You see one here, there are probably 10 or more outside.
It pains to see this is happening to our society.
Its about owing money , nothing serious to warrant them to do harm.

Yea.... letís fight on and hopefully more victims-to-be get to see this thread before they engaged them.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:44 PM   #9194

You see one here, there are probably 10 or more outside.
It pains to see this is happening to our society.
Its about owing money , nothing serious to warrant them to do harm.
It is true, but if we can save one, they will be one down.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:33 PM   #9195

I tot u have cctv? Hang in there.. Maybe ur loan is high also thats why they look for u
Yup i have. The persons who came is unknown. Idk who they are. Cant see the faces also.

Yup 22k is alot but i think i paid more than what i owe already.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.