HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2019, 05:36 PM   #9196

Hey guys,

For those who lost their jobs. Can i ask how long u guys waited till u got a new job? Ive been applying for part time and full time jobs but to no avail.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:46 PM   #9197

Can a unlicense money lender who forced loan scam get a legal debt collector? Cos even this the police can't answer.
Well, if it is proven illegal, then the debt collector would be nuts to go after the debtor.

As there isn't a legal ground to do so and the debt collector also should naturally by virtue of ethic/right of way, not take on the business.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:50 PM   #9198

Hey guys,

For those who lost their jobs. Can i ask how long u guys waited till u got a new job? Ive been applying for part time and full time jobs but to no avail.
It can take as long as a couple of days to months. Job markets now are pretty tight so you should be getting good replies..

Otherwise, reflect alittle whether it is a matter of your skill set, asking pay, quality of resume and writing to employers?

If its hard to tell on your own, seek some 3rd party advice.. blind spots will remain blindspots unless someone enlightens you.
Old 02-06-2019, 11:52 PM   #9199

Hi! What did you do next? Did the UML harrased you in anyway?
After seeing much of the posts regarding UML here, i decided to open an account to share my personal experience. Hope it helps.

So 3 days ago i received an sms advert on really attractive loan from this no.85432784 . Something like this, 10k pay 190x60. Woh, very good rates i thought to myself and proceeded to enquire through whatsapp..
So he replied me asking for my citizenship, Nric, income tax assessment to check if im eligible for the loan.
So i provide them the info thinking its pretty standard. Next he need 2 NOK details home and office no. And lastly my singpass to verify that its really me via the OTP sent to my Hp no.
Oh well, i stupidly give them all details they required and my bank acc no.
(ok bros and sis here, dont provide them any details at all or dont even enquire!!)
Ohh, i told the guy i dont have home no. Nor office no. For myself and NOK. 😁
They accepted and then whatsapp call me. I can tell that he is a malaysian Chinese from the accent.
So he was saying, if i want 10k loan pay 190x60. For first trial, i will transfer you 600, 3days later pay 900. Deferment rate is 750(goddame good money to them). Dont worry, i will refund the 300 to you and loan you 10300 after 3days.
He said many customers complain about the 300 charges.
I just say ok i will think about it and confirm later. (oh he did a 5sec video call to check if im really me as in the IC)..

After the call, ithough to myself. If someone wanna loan 10k, why would he give me 600, and then return him 900. Then trf me 10300 again. (haha, sorry if its confusing).. So this is what ask him in the whatsapp as well.
If you cannot loan the full amount, then im sorry i cannot continue with it.

Ok, some about some hours later that night, im doing transaction via the bank app, and found a $600 being deposited to me(its a cash deposit, no account no.)
There are some miscalls from the guy and my 2NOK have got a misscall as well.
So late that night, ignoring the guys whatsapl and calls, i was googling and came across this forum which helps alot.

The very next day, i went down to the police station to make a report. The officer gives some advice(similar to what the bros and sis here said)
-dont reply to him
-close bank account
-ask bank trf back the $$$
-call 999 immediately if you see suspicious person outside my house.
-do not be afraid, its a long ongoing scam
-usually they will only make threats via phone etc.

Last thing i wanna mention is that, since that 600 is deposited to me that night, it has been deducted by giro for amount of $570 the next day before i can do anything to the money😅.
(this bank account is for giro purposes only, i dont usually put in $$$ here.)

So im really not sure about wanting to even return the money to those scumbags..
🤣🤣

I have some voicenotes and misscalls from the guy today, which i ignored, did not even open the message to read. Lets see how it goes from here on, i shall update again!

Once again bros and sis, do not give in to them, do not fear them, they are usually behind a computer(keyboard warrior if you wanna quote). Be mindful of your finances and good luck all.

Ps:sorry if its too hard or long to read.
Its my 1st post😅
Old 03-06-2019, 06:09 AM   #9200

89girl, are u a victim too? Please share your problem with us, if so. I'm just asking coz this is your very 1st post and I'm just curious.

Collectively we hope to guide you too.

Last edited by green72; 03-06-2019 at 06:14 AM..
Old 03-06-2019, 08:27 AM   #9201

Don't worry this Malaysian fker no runner one..take the money and do good karma..but a CCTV too
Old 03-06-2019, 08:29 AM   #9202

I said don't reply those Malaysian ah long fk them hard..take the money buy CCTV Better..
Old 03-06-2019, 11:04 AM   #9203

Hi. Yes, I'm a victim too. Started off sending a WhatsApp to this guy named D. Asked for 1000 loan. Gave my ic, singpass, then otp code. Gave my nok contact, office no and my bank details. After a while I told him I don't need the loan. He asked "what happened" and I told him I don't need it already.

Next thing I know, that night itself, 750 was transferred to my account. Checked with him and he said to take the rolling money first. I told him I don't need the money, he just ignored. The next day I went to close my account, made a police report and installed cctv.

Till now, a week has passed. No account number to be given. But the IO said that if this guy were to give the account number, just transfer and block the number. And ignore all calls.

Now I'm just worried. What will he do next? Yes, I'm a gullible person to fall for this trap/scam. I don't know how to recover from here onwards.

Advise? Help? Please.

89girl, are u a victim too? Please share your problem with us, if so. I'm just asking coz this is your very 1st post and I'm just curious.

Collectively we hope to guide you too.

Last edited by 89girl; 03-06-2019 at 12:11 PM..
Old 03-06-2019, 11:24 AM   #9204

Hi. Yes, I'm a victim too. Started off sending a WhatsApp to this guy named Darren. Asked for 1000 loan. Gave my ic, singpass, then otp code. Gave my nok contact, office no and my bank details. After a while I told him I don't need the loan. He asked "what happened" and I told him I don't need it already.

Next thing I know, that night itself, 750 was transferred to my account with the I banking name Mr Prince. Checked with him and he said to take the rolling money first. I told him I don't need the money, he just ignored. The next day I went to close my account, made a police report and installed cctv.

Till now, a week has passed. No account number to be given. But the IO said that if this guy were to give the account number, just transfer and block the number. And ignore all calls.

Now I'm just worried. What will he do next? Yes, I'm a gullible person to fall for this trap/scam. I don't know how to recover from here onwards.

Advise? Help? Please.
You might want to censor, there is too much case detail here.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams
Old 03-06-2019, 01:38 PM   #9205

Hey guys,

go mcdonalds , sure they will wan part timer .
Old 03-06-2019, 04:55 PM   #9206

Hi. Yes, I'm a victim too. Started off sending a WhatsApp to this guy named D. Asked for 1000 loan. Gave my ic, singpass, then otp code. Gave my nok contact, office no and my bank details. After a while I told him I don't need the loan. He asked "what happened" and I told him I don't need it already.

Next thing I know, that night itself, 750 was transferred to my account. Checked with him and he said to take the rolling money first. I told him I don't need the money, he just ignored. The next day I went to close my account, made a police report and installed cctv.

Advise? Help? Please.
Ignore la....don't scare all these useless force loan..
Old 03-06-2019, 05:05 PM   #9207

Hey guys. Unknowingly end of last year my father went through bad times and search for LML and unfortunately he found a few on carousell at 1st tot it was legit so went ahead to loan frm a few. He was scam a few times they even force loan transfer into his account. It hv came to worse so he told me everything. Paid the loanshark for him almost 13k in total n thank god in the end we cleared it. Just today afternoon police officer called my father and asked him to drop by police station next wk for investigation.. I call bk personally n ask on behalf of my father as he is a hokkien speaker so police office told me that my father account has been flagged in their file. May I check with anyone goes through this in the past before? Wld be great if some one out thr share more. Thank you... 🙏
Just went through all of these previously and braced what was in store for myself.

Basically, you will need to provide as many proof as you can find that your father did not albeit in UML activities. As all the repayment monies he paid was used to fund/provide more loans to debtors and it could be any of the debtor who reported it to the police.

During the interview/investigation, bring along all your proofs, possibly also the affected bank account and their associated atm cards along and explain the figures transferred are merely repayments and not assisting UML activities.

From there, the next step varies from whether if your dad is found guilty or not. Hope this helps you prepare for the investigation.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:13 PM   #9208

Hey Guys

Remember months ago i posted help got assisting LS for the use of my bank account , the investigation took from dec 2018 till may 2019 , ytd my IO told me i have to attend court , even i was "forced" to help them transfer money .

Anyone here been on court because of this as a first timer ? Need advise . Tks
Did you reported to Cantoment for statement or other station?
Old 03-06-2019, 05:16 PM   #9209

Did you reported to Cantoment for statement or other station?
No report to bedok station
Old 03-06-2019, 05:20 PM   #9210

Hi Green
Welcome back.
Hi Fear Less~

Last edited by lapcheongsap; 03-06-2019 at 05:23 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.