HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2019, 05:25 PM   #9211

No report to bedok station
Did you admit to the offence upon investigation? If you did, think best you can do is seek legal advices now. Pro bono or not.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:18 PM   #9212

Hi lapcheong

Being fearless is meant for the ls not for the men in blue.

Tell us your story about assisting ls. Were you let off? Or faced the music.

To me its endgame for those who got hauled up. They should know what to do. Not much to tell here.

Hi Fear Less~
Old 03-06-2019, 08:24 PM   #9213

Superman.. lady in distress you fly faster * BOLT, man in distress you smoke out first * CANTER.

hope she dont pay and pay stupidly.

Ignore la....don't scare all these useless force loan..
Old 03-06-2019, 10:07 PM   #9214

89girl, I hope I'm not trying to distress you further but be ready for harassment from phone calls, sms and whatsapp to you, your NOK and office. The earlier you inform your NOK and office, the better. Provide a copy of police report to your boss. A reasonable boss and company will understand your plight

The loansharks might "follow up" with house visit to sustain their harassments. This visit could come in the form of sending some innocent movers to pass their hp for the LS to further harass you or send pics of your house door or send runner to bang on your door or splash paint.
For the time being, call 999 if any unknown persons loiter outside your house and maybe hold off on ordering stuff online.
Install a CCTV ASAP to deter and provide evidence for SPF.

Remember to ignore them. The earlier these scumbags understand you are no pushover the faster these harassment will end.

Remember this, they really like victims who are scared like a mouse. They terrorize you "virtually" through hp or stupid runners. They themselves could be in Malaysia, scared of getting caught. They even recruit runners via sites like FB and never ever dare face to face.

Don't bother about being stalked at home or when you're outside. These loansharks are not Mafia. No manpower, any runners they have are like contract staff.

Don't suffer the harassment alone. Share it with us because their tactic all the same. Also share your harassment experience with SPF and the I/O assigned to you.

About the money, don't bother about returning it. Just hold on to it. To return you only will allow them to use it on other victims. Also returning sometimes they won't let you off. Just don't contact them, even if for them to give you an account. To return could provide evidence by other victims you are aiding in loanshark activities. Just keep the money for the time being even though your good conscience will tell you it's not yours.

Take care.

PS: This actions also apply to others who PM me for advice but shy to post here. I, like the rest here, are no experts. Just a victim like you who have gone through hell.

Hi. Yes, I'm a victim too. Started off sending a WhatsApp to this guy named D. Asked for 1000 loan. Gave my ic, singpass, then otp code. Gave my nok contact, office no and my bank details. After a while I told him I don't need the loan. He asked "what happened" and I told him I don't need it already.

Next thing I know, that night itself, 750 was transferred to my account. Checked with him and he said to take the rolling money first. I told him I don't need the money, he just ignored. The next day I went to close my account, made a police report and installed cctv.

Till now, a week has passed. No account number to be given. But the IO said that if this guy were to give the account number, just transfer and block the number. And ignore all calls.

Now I'm just worried. What will he do next? Yes, I'm a gullible person to fall for this trap/scam. I don't know how to recover from here onwards.

Advise? Help? Please.

Last edited by green72; 03-06-2019 at 10:41 PM..
Old 03-06-2019, 10:39 PM   #9215

Hi lapcheong

Being fearless is meant for the ls not for the men in blue.

Tell us your story about assisting ls. Were you let off? Or faced the music.

To me its endgame for those who got hauled up. They should know what to do. Not much to tell here.
Hi Fear Less, once again.

I'm saying Hi to you because it was reading all these posts here got me mustered enough courage to stop paying. Though unforeseen circumstances has happened, but I've gone through it altogether. So thank you for the past posts that has helped so many.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:47 PM   #9216

Hi, Green72, updates: he recently contacted me and he agreed for me to transfer back 250 first. The remaining 500 he said he'll give me another acc to transfer.. he didn't ask for more though.so I'm not sure if this is something not to be worried about. So in the event that I've transferred the whole sum.. Not sure if he'll disturb me for more.....
89girl, I hope I'm not trying to distress you further but be ready for harassment from phone calls, sms and whatsapp to you, your NOK and office. The earlier you inform your NOK and office, the better. Provide a copy of police report to your boss. A reasonable boss and company will understand your plight

The loansharks might "follow up" with house visit to sustain their harassments. This visit could come in the form of sending some innocent movers to pass their hp for the LS to further harass you or send pics of your house door or send runner to bang on your door or splash paint.
For the time being, call 999 if any unknown persons loiter outside your house and maybe hold off on ordering stuff online.
Install a CCTV ASAP to deter and provide evidence for SPF.

Remember to ignore them. The earlier these scumbags understand you are no pushover the faster these harassment will end.

Remember this, they really like victims who are scared like a mouse. They terrorize you "virtually" through hp or stupid runners. They themselves could be in Malaysia, scared of getting caught. They even recruit runners via sites like FB and never ever dare face to face.

Don't bother about being stalked at home or when you're outside. These loansharks are not Mafia. No manpower, any runners they have are like contract staff.

Don't suffer the harassment alone. Share it with us because their tactic all the same. Also share your harassment experience with SPF and the I/O assigned to you.

About the money, don't bother about returning it. Just hold on to it. To return you only will allow them to use it on other victims. Also returning sometimes they won't let you off. Just don't contact them, even if for them to give you an account. To return could provide evidence by other victims you are aiding in loanshark activities. Just keep the money for the time being even though your good conscience will tell you it's not yours.

Take care.

PS: This actions also apply to others who PM me for advice but shy to post here. I, like the rest here, are no experts. Just a victim like you who have gone through hell.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:47 PM   #9217

If All victims like us immediately stop paying, we may put a lot of them out of business.

Kudos to you for manning up. And thanks to people like Fearless and makminah, to name a few who have help others like you and me.

Good job.

I'm saying Hi to you because it was reading all these posts here got me mustered enough courage to stop paying. Though unforeseen circumstances has happened, but I've gone through it altogether. So thank you for the past posts that has helped so many.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:51 PM   #9218

Hi, Green72, updates: he recently contacted me and he agreed for me to transfer back 250 first. The remaining 500 he said he'll give me another acc to transfer.. he didn't ask for more though.so I'm not sure if this is something not to be worried about. So in the event that I've transferred the whole sum.. Not sure if he'll disturb me for more.....
Like what Green says earlier, by transferring is akin to assisting them in their operations. They are using you to transfer the money to next victims.

If you are not keen to keep their money, it would be advisable to speak to your assigned I/O and seek advices accordingly prior to transferring back.

Would strongly suggest you cease your account immediately, switch all your GIRO & misc charges from your current account to another new account. Ceasing of bank accounts would least guarantee that they will not be able to transfer more funds in the name of "transferring wrongly."
Old 03-06-2019, 10:54 PM   #9219

Like I mention, don't bother interact with them. Common sense will tell you he could get back his full amount. It's just a trick.

They will always come up with excuses. Next he could say now you owe him more because you waste his time.

Ignore and brace for impact. Block his communication. Put your instagram or fb to private.

Old 03-06-2019, 11:00 PM   #9220

If All victims like us immediately stop paying, we may put a lot of them out of business.

Kudos to you for manning up. And thanks to people like Fearless and makminah, to name a few who have help others like you and me.

Good job.
You'll never know, anyone in the streets could be a victim. From young teenagers to old folks. I've been to the interview, I've seen all of them struggle to make ends meet and get their lives destroyed due to them.

My point of sharing and coming back now is to thank those who helped me before and share these forward so others won't feel trapped as how we felt before.

Thank you for your kind words, Green72. Good job to you for breaking free too!
Old 03-06-2019, 11:07 PM   #9221

lapcheongsap, thank you.

89girl, these loansharks are people with no honour, so don't apply our honest virtues to them. They are always out to harass and destroy our lives.

So, stop being polite and conscientitious to them, they won't return you with any kindness. They only want to milk you dry. Victims are usually having financial problems and they exploit this to extort.

Last edited by green72; 03-06-2019 at 11:20 PM..
Old 03-06-2019, 11:55 PM   #9222

Don't transfer, once transfer they will know you are scare and will keep asking money from you.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:00 AM   #9223

Hey Guys

Remember months ago i posted help got assisting LS for the use of my bank account , the investigation took from dec 2018 till may 2019 , ytd my IO told me i have to attend court , even i was "forced" to help them transfer money .

Anyone here been on court because of this as a first timer ? Need advise . Tks
Hello! I believe you are innocent or at least "tricked" into doing it at a time of fear. This is a key component of their operation else they can't function.

It is a also of new level of "loan scam victim" which nobody if they know would want. The law is the law, they don't care who, they look only at plain hard evidence.

If you really really believe that you did not wrong, pls go seek legal help, can be pro bono lawyers to help you. Seeking help here might not be the best option because not there is much experience here.

Stay strong and take care!
Old 04-06-2019, 10:26 AM   #9224

Hello! I believe you are innocent or at least "tricked" into doing it at a time of fear. This is a key component of their operation else they can't function.

It is a also of new level of "loan scam victim" which nobody if they know would want. The law is the law, they don't care who, they look only at plain hard evidence.

If you really really believe that you did not wrong, pls go seek legal help, can be pro bono lawyers to help you. Seeking help here might not be the best option because not there is much experience here.

Stay strong and take care!
Hi

Yes am seeking help from to get a pro bono lawyer to go tru the case , this is a tough road for me , as a single um with 2 kids and aging parents , once taken the wrong path can never turn back , what done has been done we cannot turn back time . i have been tru hell , like getting my door and gate painted. i do still have outstanding with them , my total loan was $5500 from 5 stalls. i have paid back till now owing each stall balance less then $500 , hopefully with this "small amt" thwy wont send runner or call my office .

Installed CCTV , police report made , phone number cut , bank account still using but dont think they will "transfer" any more fund to me lah .

Peeps out there stay strong , i also went to see my Mp for help , they refer me for social help , very nice grp of ppl and they support they gave me helped me pass tru in the beginning stages .

STAY STRONG .......
Old 04-06-2019, 10:34 AM   #9225

The sad part is when people ask for advice and do the opposite out of fear for them by continuously paying to them.

Scums are scums . Bro Green said no need to reason with them.

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.